Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

BDiddy is my dude and all, but they are trying to make it seem like the paper clips just got a rookie pg...... talking about they have solidified their pg position for years to come. Like what? 1-2 more years of solid play before his decline falls rapidly. Baron is 30......

Eric Gordon will learn a lot from him that will solidify the PG for years to come
wink.gif

I gotta give props to Baron for staying. I wouldn't have blamed him if he bolted. hopefully (can't believe I'm saying this) the Clips have a solidyear with Diddy as the leader. I'm a Bdiddy fan so I hope he succeeds and goes through a healthy season

I don't think B Diddy would have signed unless he wholeheartedly believed along with the Clips front office that Brand was staying. Brand loses respectfrom me. Not that you guys care anyway.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I don't think B Diddy would have signed unless he wholeheartedly believed along with the Clips front office that Brand was staying. Brand loses respect from me. Not that you guys care anyway.

You must not understand how things work. Baron COULD have left the deal from the Clippers on the table. He had a verbal agreement up until today. Nocontract was signed until today. He COULD HAVE left even AFTER knowing Brand was leaving.

Don't talk down to me. I'm saying that everyone in the Clips organization was saying how Brand was excited with the prospects and the way everythingwas coming along. For him to dead communication with the organization is low. Davis would not have seen that much money anywhere else so that was definitely afactor in why he stayed in LA.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't think B Diddy would have signed unless he wholeheartedly believed along with the Clips front office that Brand was staying. Brand loses respect from me. Not that you guys care anyway.

You must not understand how things work. Baron COULD have left the deal from the Clippers on the table. He had a verbal agreement up until today. No contract was signed until today. He COULD HAVE left even AFTER knowing Brand was leaving.
True, but how many other GM's are gonna throw $15MM a year for the next 5 years at a 30 yr old point guard.

Don't talk down to me. I'm saying that everyone in the Clips organization was saying how Brand was excited with the prospects and the way everything was coming along. For him to dead communication with the organization is low. Davis would not have seen that much money anywhere else so that was definitely a factor in why he stayed in LA.

That's not what I was trying to point out. All I was saying was that Baron COULD have found an offer elsewhere if he wanted to go looking. Itwouldn't be exactly smart to leave that deal there, but he definitely could have went somewhere else even after finding out Brand was out of there. Brandhad no obligations to that team, he looked out for himself, and from what I heard form Brand, the Clippers weren't seeing eye to eye with Brand. Yes he hadbeen with them for a while, yeah he said he was opting out to get the team better,but all along he said if there was a deal he couldn't pass up, it'spossible he could leave.

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Mario Chalmers has looked pretty impressive so far, looks like a steal. I wonder if he can start at PG for the Heat?

yeah i want chalmers to start. chalmers, wade, jones, beasley and zo/blount.... to me that seems like a pretty good starting 5... the heat will make it tothe playoffs this year!!!

Not that its big news... but the Rockets just came to an agreement with Brent Barry...3.9 mil for 2 years...

6'7 and shoots 40% from outside... hes exactly what the rockets need...now if only he was 26 instead of 36...

wow i didnt know brent barry was 36.....

AND im glad tyron lue signed with the suns. guy is total TRASH.... although him signing with the celtics would have been much better...

now the celtics are kissing posey's %$* after losing maggette smh...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow i didnt know brent barry was 36.....

AND im glad tyron lue signed with the suns. guy is total TRASH.... although him signing with the celtics would have been much better...

now the celtics are kissing posey's %$* after losing maggette smh...

Lue isn't bad as a back-up PG.

Oh and, Diop said a few other teams offered the full MLE.
eek.gif

how did Roger Mason score that contract with the Spurs? I'm sure Wizard fans can fill me in.

Oh and, Diop said a few other teams offered the full MLE.
Remotely competent young big men on the free agent market will ALWAYS get the full mid-level...

Talk about the Mavericks overpaying for him all you want (and frankly, I agree. It's too much money for someone of his abilities), but that was the pricethe market called for if they wanted him back... There had been reports that several teams would have offered him the full MLE if it wasn't a foregoneconclusion he was coming back to Dallas.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Don't talk down to me. I'm saying that everyone in the Clips organization was saying how Brand was excited with the prospects and the way everything was coming along. For him to dead communication with the organization is low. Davis would not have seen that much money anywhere else so that was definitely a factor in why he stayed in LA.

That's not what I was trying to point out. All I was saying was that Baron COULD have found an offer elsewhere if he wanted to go looking. It wouldn't be exactly smart to leave that deal there, but he definitely could have went somewhere else even after finding out Brand was out of there. Brand had no obligations to that team, he looked out for himself, and from what I heard form Brand, the Clippers weren't seeing eye to eye with Brand. Yes he had been with them for a while, yeah he said he was opting out to get the team better,but all along he said if there was a deal he couldn't pass up, it's possible he could leave.

Come on though Japan only reason Baron stayed and kept true to his words because of the money that was thrown at him. What other team would've thrownthat much money at him? None . Even the Warriors didn't want to match it

Brand is a huge lost and they need to fill that void quickly, but it's not as if they are completly ruined...

Along w/ Davis, they still have a young core in Kaman, Thornton, and Gordon off the bench to build around.

Still on the subject of the Clips, they finally renounced the rights to Livingston.
frown.gif
Any updates on how he's progressing? I really hope he can get himself together again.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With the signing of Pietrus and the drafting of rookie Courtney Lee, the Magic have four shooting guards,including Redick and veteran Keith Bogans. Keyon Dooling - according to NBA sources and his camp - will not be returning to play for the Magic, barringa quick reversal of situation. With the money expected to be tied to the Pietrus deal, the cash simply doesn't seem to be room in the checkbookfor Dooling as well. A 6-3 combination guard, Dooling became a free agent after three seasons playing in Orlando. Orlando Sentinel

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Mavericks are expected to play the waiting game now, seeing which free agents slip throughand might be a good fit for a minimum salary. That's all they have left after signing Diop, though they can re-sign a player such as Devean Georgefor more than a minimum contract because he was on their roster last season for about $2.3 million. Dallas Morning News

[/font]
The Nets have talked to Chicago about a package that includes forward Andres Nocioni. They could renew talks with Denver for MarcusCamby. They're also waiting for a team to give Krstic an offer to see if they can work out a sign-and-trade for him. Whatever the Nets do, thegoal is to have flexibility in the summer of 2010 to make a run at LeBron James and that vaunted free agent class. But it doesn't mean the Nets won'ttry to be playoff-caliber in the meantime. Thorn wants that, at least. Thorn looked like the cat that swallowed the canary when he was asked if he had a visionof the finished product. "I do," Thorn said with laugh. "You guys can figure that out. I do. Hopefully it will work out the way we want it towork out as far as what we can do." Bergen Record

Just a few tidbits.

Just a few tidbits.

Rick Barry retired when he was a Rocket.

Jon Barry retired when he was a Rocket.

Now it looks like Brent is gonna do the same.
laugh.gif

It's a good pick up for the Rockets. Luther Head has been MIA for two playoff series' now, and Brent will not be a no show like how Luther has been. Plus, Luther sucks at handling the ball, and Bobby Jackson for the most part. Barry is old, but he is able to run point (Seattle) and is a big body who canplay 3 positions. Plus, he's a great 3 point shooter, which will definitely help with a healthy Yao back.

Back
Top Bottom