Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Bogut is a solid center and in the NBA today solid centers are pretty rare...I've seen Bogut play a bunch of times and he is solid and the only thingstopping him from getting any better is Mo Williams and Redd, them dudes just dont stop shooting, his contract is well deserved because he can give you 20/10if the bucks start thinking about passing the ball on offense imo

Agreed. Bogut deserves the money. He is a legit center and thats the way the market is these days especially for talented centers.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
, adding a half-dozen stoneface's doesn't help the validity of your argument, so just a head's up. Bogut is a young, proven Center that has been consistent for three years with little injury issues. It'd be the same if Bynum got a huge deal, but Bynum hasn't has as many flashes of success as Bogut has, and he has only one season with more than 50 games. He's not getting paid more than the other two players that I think you're saying he's not better than, so that throws that argument out the window.
laugh.gif

Don't even bother arguing with that fool.

He has shown in many threads that apparently stoneface = +1 point for his argument
laugh.gif

I know this has already been posted but as a Mavs fan, I HOPE he contributes more than Dampier with that money he got
ohwell.gif

Also Ric Bucher said on ESPN that Posey is going to sign with some team in the next 24 hrs or so. Thank God, Ive been tired of all this Posey talk.

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

JapanAir21 wrote:

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Andrew Bogut is one of the best centers in basketball; he's one of the few that actually deserves his contract (no word to Diop).

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
i hope you are not addicted to an illegal substance

I hope you step your knowledge of basketball up soon, because if not, you won't cut it in these parts.
laugh.gif

Bogut IS a good Center, if you take any good Center that we have playing right now (Camby, Dwight, Amare, whoever you want to pick and choose), and put them on a poor/mediocre team, they won't be as productive. Bogut has shown consistency and improvement in his stint with the Bucks. And the deal IS NOT for 72 million, it's around 60 million for 5 years, with bonuses of 12 million. I'm sure those are incentives if he plays good, reaches certain goals, then that's the extra 12 million. 12 million a year for a dependable Center is NOT a bad contract at all. With all that's going on, you have to remember that salaries will continue to rise, because the salary CAP will rise. Before you know it, the Mid-Level Exception will be ~7 million in a few years, probably by 2011. There's only a HANDFUL of teams that Bogut wouldn't improve as their starting Center.

As for Diop, yeah, now that could be a bad contract, not as bad as Dampiers though.
roll.gif

sick.gif
I just agreed with KLJ, I feel like I have to take a shower...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Bogut is not a all-star,why is he getting star money

giving this bum 72 million for 5 years is putting salt in the game

how is he getting paid the most when he not even the 2nd best player on the team he is on
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
something is wrong with this picture

laugh.gif
, adding a half-dozen stoneface's doesn't help the validity of your argument, so just a head's up. Bogut is a young, proven Center that has been consistent for three years with little injury issues. It'd be the same if Bynum got a huge deal, but Bynum hasn't has as many flashes of success as Bogut has, and he has only one season with more than 50 games. He's not getting paid more than the other two players that I think you're saying he's not better than, so that throws that argument out the window.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

what exactly have Bogut proven to receive 72 million for five years?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

if Redd and Jefferson was gettin paid more, the bucks would not be able to offer Bogut this type of deal
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
there we go again

Oooooo, 13 points for you! He wins the argument. Yuku, thank you for the ignore feature. Anyway, sometimes I wish the Wizards didn't resign Gil. All thenew faces on different teams has me kinda jealous. I want a new star and face around here to root for. Perhaps a new face would've been what we needed toget back over the 1st round hump. Ah well, Gil will do for the next few years.

Bogut is very solid and will only get better. He's very athletic at his position and is a strong finisher. Is he getting paid too much? Of course, but sois everybody else. Not to mention there's not a lot of solid, young big men in the league and the Bucks HAD to give him this money to stop him from goingelsewhere.

Money talks, Bogut stays.

if Redd and Jefferson was gettin paid more, the bucks would not be able to offer Bogut this type of deal
laugh.gif
And yet again, you show everyone just why you have no idea what in the hell you're talking about...

As far as REAL centers go, not power forwards playing out of position, Andrew Bogut is about as good as it gets right now... Outside of Dwight Howard andMarcus Camby, there aren't many legitimate centers better...

Davis To Stick With Clippers Despite Brand's Decision
Jul 09, 2008 10:37 PM EST

Davis_Baron_gsw.jpg
Guard Baron Davis will honor his agreement with the Los Angeles Clippers despite Elton Brand signing with Philadelphia, according to a report by USA Today.

Davis last week agreed to a five-year, $65 million contract with the Clippers after opting out of his deal with Golden State, which had a year remaining at close to $18 million.

Davis had hoped to team with Brand to create a formidable duo, but Brand saw his future elsewhere, signing a five year deal with the Sixers on Wednesday.

Davis' agent Todd Ramasar says the Clippers will hold a news conference Thursday and he will not comment further until then.

I guess he's sticking to his word.

what exactly have Bogut proven to receive 72 million for five years?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You're not real fond of reading, are you?

1. He is one of the better centers in the NBA. Good, LEGITIMATE (keep in mind how many power forwards there are playing out of position these days) centers arenot easy to find.
2. The market created this deal. If Desagana Diop makes $31 million over 5 years while averaging 3 points, 5 rebounds and a block per game, why doesn'tAndrew Bogut deserve double that with his 14, 10, 3 and 2 per?
3. He's going to get better, based simply on development and experience. (His development would be even more further enhanced if he wasn't on the sameteam as Michael Redd, Mo Williams, Charlie Villanueva, and now, Richard Jefferson)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
And yet again, you show everyone just why you have no idea what in the hell you're talking about...

As far as REAL centers go, not power forwards playing out of position, Andrew Bogut is about as good as it gets right now... Outside of Dwight Howard and Marcus Camby, there aren't many legitimate centers better...

Word to Amare, Bosh, Jefferson, TD, Okafor, Sheed, Booz, Aldridge.
laugh.gif

Dunleavy and Mobley are sad...

``The bottom line for me is I'm hurt by it as well as our team. Our players feel the same way,'' Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said of Brand's departure Wednesday evening. ``We felt like Elton was a great player and with the lineup we had, with getting Baron Davis we feel like that really would have put us in the hunt as far as the playoffs and going deep into the playoffs. I don't know why he made the decision.

``I loved the guy. I don't know what poisoned him against us, but up until the last text message I had from him, I did everything he asked me to do, period. I'm shocked by it because of how much I loved the guy as a player and how close I thought we were.''

Shooting guard Cuttino Mobley, now the longest-tenured Clipper after the defections of Brand and Maggette, said he was incredibly disappointed, but hopeful the club could still make noise in the Western Conference.

``It's tough, because everything was right there for us, assuming the components (Brand and Baron Davis), and then something happened. I don't even know what happened,'' Mobley said Wednesday morning on his way into the team's training facility. ``You never really know. It's all speculation. But we just have to work on what we still have here, you know.

``We got Baron Davis (who is expected to finalize his agreement in the next day or two), myself, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman. That's super close to the Finals, that's what I think.''

Still, Mobley seemed downcast less than 24 hours after learning that the two cornerstones of the franchise had bolted without compensation via free agency. Maggette's departure was somewhat expected, but Brand's came as a shock to the organization, which thought it had a verbal agreement with Brand on a five-year, $70 million contract offer last week, according to Dunleavy.

Instead, Brand listened to offers from other teams, then wanted the Clippers to raise their offer, which they did, first to $75 million, then to $81 million.

smh.gif
@ people stonefacing the Andruw Bogut contract. Bogut is one of the bestC's in the league, I can name 20 worse contracts out there. He's not the only over-paid player in the NBA, 95% of players are over-paid.

The deal is essentially 5 yrs/$60 mill with $12.5 mill in possible bonuses. You saying that paying an above-average centre $12 mill/year is a bad deal for theBucks?
eyes.gif

And what the heck are the GSW doing? That team is being run into the ground. They dont want to give Baron money, but they offer the same amount to Maggettewhen they dont even need him? Turiaf is a good player but what the heck do they expect him to do for them?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif

As far as REAL centers go, not power forwards playing out of position, Andrew Bogut is about as good as it gets right now... Outside of Dwight Howard and Marcus Camby, there aren't many legitimate centers better...

Word to Amare, Bosh, Jefferson, TD, Okafor, Sheed, Booz, Aldridge.
laugh.gif

I'll raise you Gasol, Horford, and JO.

what exactly have Bogut accomplish in his career,lets see

all-star visits-0

playoff appearances-0

awards-0
unless the bucks are a championship contender cause of dude or he is top 5 in his position,this deal make no sense!!!!
he's been in the league for like 3 years...relax. chris paul has only made the playoffs and allstar game once, and that was last year. mypoint is give him time and he will produce...hell, he's already done a helluva job with the crap team they had, once he gains more experience under hisbelt, he'll be even better. i just don't like the contract because it inflates the contracts for other centers in the L (primarily Biedrins).

T-Mac........I say do it. Only if we can bring in a LEGIT pg to back up Stuckey.

And all this Bogut talk, Someone his age playing center of course he is going to get that kind of money. He is easily in the top 10 of centers in the league.Hell top 5 in the east.

Back
Top Bottom