Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

what exactly have Bogut proven to receive 72 million for five years?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

if Redd and Jefferson was gettin paid more, the bucks would not be able to offer Bogut this type of deal
indifferent.gif

eek.gif

Just imagine this man'stheories in math and science.

I'm tellin you guys...this man will win a nobel prize one day.

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

what exactly have Bogut proven to receive 72 million for five years?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
You're not real fond of reading, are you?

1. He is one of the better centers in the NBA. Good, LEGITIMATE (keep in mind how many power forwards there are playing out of position these days) centers are not easy to find.
2. The market created this deal. If Desagana Diop makes $31 million over 5 years while averaging 3 points, 5 rebounds and a block per game, why doesn't Andrew Bogut deserve double that with his 14, 10, 3 and 2 per?
3. He's going to get better, based simply on development and experience. (His development would be even more further enhanced if he wasn't on the same team as Michael Redd, Mo Williams, Charlie Villanueva, and now, Richard Jefferson)

you are not real fond of leaving the pipe alone,are you?

1.He is not 1 of the top 10 centers in the league

2.Idiots that enjoy paying bums extra cash created this deal
3.Don't be crying when teams like the bucks wont be able to get better players cause they decided to give a mid level players 72 mil for five years
indifferent.gif

what exactly have Bogut accomplish in his career,lets see

all-star visits-0

playoff appearances-0

awards-0

unless the bucks are a championship contender cause of dude or he is top 5 in his position,this deal make no sense!!!!

Alright, this will be the last time I'll respond to you, but it'll be a lengthy one.

Name me 10 centers better than Bogut, PURE-centers. A few are given, Dwight, Yao, Camby, possibly Z, possibly Chandler, but not many others. All the othernames you may think of are C's in PF's bodies. Bogut is a CENTER, no other way around that.

Take a look at some of the good players that play Center in their third year.

Dwight- 17 and 12, 2 blocks

Camby- 7, 5, 4 blocks

Yao- 18, 8, 2 blocks

Big Z- 12, 7, and 2 blocks.

Brad Miller- 7, 4, and 1 block.

Chandler- 6, 7, and 1 block.

Centers take time to develop in the League. Bogut has shown improvement throughout his career.

Also, you're not realizing that salary rolls increase and will continue to increase as the years go on. In 2013, when Bogut is nearing another contract,the salary cap will probably be 15 million more than what it is right now. Also, THE DEAL IS ONLY 60 MILLION, the rest is bonuses/incentives for him to reachgoals/plateaus, etc. Also, deals increase each year, so Bogut's first year will only be about 8.5-9.5 million a year. Because salary caps go up, contracts go up each year to match it. If you don't have a good grasp on salaries and such, youshouldn't join the discussion, because 72 million is not what 72 million was 5 years ago.

I really hope this T-Mac trade goes down.
laugh.gif
I'm a Rockets fan, but honestly, I dislike T-mac.
smh.gif

T-Mac for Billups and Prince!
eek.gif

Starting line up would be killer!
C - Yao Ming.
PF - Luis Scola.
SF - Shane Battier
SG - Tayshaun Prince.
PG - Chauncey Billups.

Bench, Umm?
C - Dikembe Mutumbo.
PF - Carl Landry/Mike Harris?
SF - Mike Harris/Carl Landy?
SG - Steve Francis/Luther Head.
PG - Rafer Alston/Bobby Jackson.

Reserves.
Novak/Hayes/Brooks.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

if bogut deserves that much money then andrew bynum deserves an 80 mil extension...

And there's been a long standing rumor that the Pistons are dangling Billups + Prince for T-Mac. How legit though, I dunno. It would make the Rockets better, IMO, but I don't think the Rockets should do it, as, T-Mac's number comes off the books in 2010
that trade would make the rockets one of the most hard defensive teams in the history of the nba... teams would average 70 ppg against them
laugh.gif

do the rockets have any money for the free agent class in 2010? houston isnt exactly a desired place in the nba...

Yao and Battier will the biggest contracts on the books.

T-Mac, Rafer, everybody else, off. They're going to have a lot of money to spend.

Who doesn't want to play with Yao??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Np86123

Davis To Stick With Clippers Despite Brand's Decision
Jul 09, 2008 10:37 PM EST

Davis_Baron_gsw.jpg
Guard Baron Davis will honor his agreement with the Los Angeles Clippers despite Elton Brand signing with Philadelphia, according to a report by USA Today.

Davis last week agreed to a five-year, $65 million contract with the Clippers after opting out of his deal with Golden State, which had a year remaining at close to $18 million.

Davis had hoped to team with Brand to create a formidable duo, but Brand saw his future elsewhere, signing a five year deal with the Sixers on Wednesday.

Davis' agent Todd Ramasar says the Clippers will hold a news conference Thursday and he will not comment further until then.

Nah.

Ain't nobody else going to offer him $65M over 5 years, that's why.
laugh.gif

And if Stuckey lives up to the hype, T-Mac would do well in Detroit, IMO.

Stuckey, Rip, T-Mac, Sheed?

They'll do all right.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

if Redd and Jefferson was gettin paid more, the bucks would not be able to offer Bogut this type of deal
laugh.gif
And yet again, you show everyone just why you have no idea what in the hell you're talking about...

As far as REAL centers go, not power forwards playing out of position, Andrew Bogut is about as good as it gets right now... Outside of Dwight Howard and Marcus Camby, there aren't many legitimate centers better...

Word to Amare, Bosh, Jefferson, TD, Okafor, Sheed, Booz, Aldridge.
laugh.gif

I'll raise you Gasol, Horford, and JO.

aren't Amare, Bosh, Jefferson, Sheed, Boozer, JO, Aldridge power forwards? You could make a case for Duncan as well.

If those guys are centers, I guess you can include KG, Brand, David West, Jamison and Dirk as well...Actually, I don't know about that last one.

I know you guys didn't forget Yao.

Another tidbit: Robert Horry has said he'd like to return to Houston.

If Houston gets him, Horry has always made it out of the first round in his career. I think sixteen for sixteen.

We know T-Mac's story.

I want Horry back, and I wanna see which streak ends.
laugh.gif

And yeah, don't forget Yao
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

laugh.gif
And yet again, you show everyone just why you have no idea what in the hell you're talking about...

As far as REAL centers go, not power forwards playing out of position, Andrew Bogut is about as good as it gets right now... Outside of Dwight Howard and Marcus Camby, there aren't many legitimate centers better...

laugh.gif

aren't Amare, Bosh, Jefferson, Sheed, Boozer, JO, Aldridge power forwards? You could make a case for Duncan as well.

If those guys are centers, I guess you can include KG, Brand, David West, Jamison and Dirk as well...Actually, I don't know about that last one.

Went right over your head.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Went right over your head.

roll.gif

Wow I just read the first part of JapanAir's comment.

smh.gif
at me

Originally Posted by mjfresh

That Bogut deal gotta be a joke
smh.gif

5 years $60M.

$12M a year for a young promising C who's actually produced is not that bad a deal.

The rest is bonuses that he has to achieve.

I'd rather have Bogut @ $12M a year, then Magette @ $10M a year.

And Okafor is about to get the same type of deal. $10M. Biedrins probably too. $10M.

In the bigger scope of things, you shell out for big men.

We got Baron Davis (who is expected to finalize his agreement in the next day or two), myself, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman. That's super close to the Finals,that's what I think.'' -Cuttino Mobley

28a820g.gif

Forget Bogut...

I was watching TV and saw this fool Diop getting $31M now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

3.Don't be crying when teams like the bucks wont be able to get better players cause they decided to give a mid level players 72 mil for five years
indifferent.gif

Oh, don't mistake me for a Bucks fan because I'm speaking good about Andrew Bogut and have a dude in a Brewers hat as my avatar.

I'm done addressing anything you say and anything about Andrew Bogut for the rest of my life.
"We got Baron Davis (who is expected to finalize his agreement in the next day or two), myself, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman. That's super close to the Finals, that's what I think.''
Cuttino Mobley thinks he's good?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I really hope this T-Mac trade goes down.
laugh.gif
I'm a Rockets fan, but honestly, I dislike T-mac.
smh.gif

T-Mac for Billups and Prince!
eek.gif

Starting line up would be killer!
C - Yao Ming.
PF - Luis Scola.
SF - Shane Battier
SG - Tayshaun Prince.
PG - Chauncey Billups.

Bench, Umm?
C - Dikembe Mutumbo.
PF - Carl Landry/Mike Harris?
SF - Mike Harris/Carl Landy?
SG - Steve Francis/Luther Head.
PG - Rafer Alston/Bobby Jackson.

Reserves.
Novak/Hayes/Brooks.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No love for Dorsey?

Anyways, T-Mac/Head for Billups/Hamilton.

You guys get a SG, so you have Rafer/Rip/Shane/Luis/Ming

We get a new scorer in T-Mac, and keep Prince. Stuck/T-Mac/Prince/Sheed/Other. Then when T-Mac gets injured, Head/Stuck would start.

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

We got Baron Davis (who is expected to finalize his agreement in the next day or two), myself, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman. That's super close to the Finals, that's what I think.'' -Cuttino Mobley

28a820g.gif

Wasn't that quote in the context of IF Brand had stayed? I don't know, maybe I read it wrong.

I was really hoping Bogut wouldn't get an extension worked out because I wanted the Grizz to go after him next off-season.
tired.gif

Conley, Mayo, Gay, Arthur/Warrick, Bogut would've been perfect.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

We got Baron Davis (who is expected to finalize his agreement in the next day or two), myself, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman. That's super close to the Finals, that's what I think.'' -Cuttino Mobley

28a820g.gif

Wasn't that quote in the context of IF Brand had stayed? I don't know, maybe I read it wrong.
No, it wasn't. I'm with Tiger on that one.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Beats05

If Artest and K9 for Odom goes through...

PG Udrih
SG Martin
SF Salmons
PF Odom
C Miller

That's actually not that bad if they can get some good chemistry going. We can bring Thompson, Hawes, Garcia, and some PG not named Douby off the bench and probably be pretty decent. I'm all for trading Artest for someone who averaged over 10 rebounds on a team with Gasol and Bynum already vacuuming the boards. On the Kings, he might lead the league...We still have no interior defense though unless Thompson is the Kevin Martin of PF's and performs how he did in college in the NBA.
tired.gif
It's hard and easy to be a fan of a team with no championship hopes whatsoever. Easy because expectations are so low and it would take something earth-shattering to cause me disappointment; hard because, well, losing hurts.
ditto beats. if we could pull off this trade I would be a happy kings fan as those two are my least favorite kings.

Back
Top Bottom