Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Keyon Dooling says he knew he wouldn't return to Orlando Magic

Brian Schmitz | Sentinel Staff Writer
11:40 AM EDT, July 15, 2008

Keyon Dooling, alternately angered and philosophical in the last few days, said Tuesday that he knew from the beginning that contract talks between he and theOrlando Magic were not going to lead to a return to Orlando.

The club signed veteran Anthony Johnson on Tuesday to fill the back-up point-guard role behind starter Jameer Nelson. Johnson accepted a two-year deal woth$3.8 million --- the same offer that Dooling rejected some time ago.

"It was a conflict of interest. The Magic had a certain amount of money and I didn't fit into their plans," Dooling said by phone."There's no ill will."

But Dooling was upset in several conversations with the Sentinel over the weekend, although he requested that his remarks not be published.

Related links

Magic Basketblog
Orlando Magic news and inside info...
More Orlando Sentinel blogs
Next Up For The Orlando Magic
Season Record: 52-30
Next Game:
Season Over
Last Game: May 13,
L to Detroit, 91-86 Pistons win series 4-1

• Photos/Videos:
07-08 | 06-07 | 05-06
Magic videos
• Past results:
07-08 | 06-07 | 05-06 | 03-04 | 02-03 | 01-02
• Magic:
Stats | Roster
• NBA:
News | Scores
Standings:
East | West
Stats | Teams
Injuries | Odds
Search the Orlando Magic Vault for every game the team has ever played Search the Orlando Magic Vault for every game the team has ever played
Magic Dancers through the years Magic Dancers through the years Photos
2008 Orlando Summer League 2008 Orlando Summer League Photos
Magic Stuff
Get Magic Gear
You can find Magic and other team gear at the Sentinel Sports Fan Shop.
Orlando Magic Newsletter
Get more Orlando Magic coverage delivered straight to your inbox. Become a member of our site and sign up for our Orlando Magic newsletter.
Check out our Sports Pictures of the Day photo gallery. Click here. Photos

The Magic had offered him the biannual exception --- a two-year deal worth about $3.8 million. He made $3.5 million last season.

He felt Orlando's offer was not in line of a 28-year-old in the prime of his career.

"They made an offer --- and we rejected it," he said Tuedsay. "It's a part of the business. I don't know if they thought it was like acourtesy thing to offer me that or what, but we were never on the same page."

Dooling, who played for the Magic for the past three seasons, told the Sentinel last week that he didn't believe he would be returning to Orlando.

"I think I left my mark there as a player and in the community," he said. "I really enjoyed my time there. Orlando will always have a place inmy heart. I wish it could have worked out. But it's part of the business. It is what it is."

Heat Get: Lamar Odom, Brad Miller

Kings Get: Shawn Marion, Udonis Haslem, Chris Mihm

Lakers Get: Ron Artest, Kenny Thomas, possibly a pick

Heat get their center, along with a small forward that's familiar with Wade.

Kings get cap space up the wazoo, a hard-nosed power forward, and a tall corpse.

Lakers get their defensive juggernaut, someone to chew toothpicks while he plays, and possibly a pick of some kind as an apology for forementioned toothpick-using player.
I saw this on RealGM, what do respective fans think ?

I don't know if I would pull the trigger from Miami's perspective

Thoughts ?

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Artest and Miller maybe, but I dont even know about that.

Question for Lakers fans, not that I'm for this but would you be willing to do the Marion for Odom + Fillers swap. Just wanted to some fan opinion.
I would be willing to do it in a heartbeat, but it would probably mean that Miami would have to take back one of our %$+@*@ contracts to make the trade work which im sure Miami isnt willing to do.
truth and Kobe and Phil need to sign off on this guy wanting to win. he bounced from a good thing in AZ if he has a problem with being the 4th optionlike he did there i dont want him!!!

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Kings get cap space up the wazoo, a hard-nosed power forward, and a tall corpse.

Lakers get their defensive juggernaut, someone to chew toothpicks while he plays, and possibly a pick of some kind as an apology for forementioned toothpick-using player.

Thoughts ?

Not with the thomas contract on out books that thing is
sick.gif

Thoughts ?

thats a horrible trade for the lakers unless both the heat and kings give the lakers their 1st round pick

Artest (Summer 2008 edition) = Marbury (Summer 2007 edition)

just saying dumb $#$@ left and right.

That offer from Orlando to Dooling was insulting.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Nets are interested in him, but he seems to be out of our reach because everyone figuered he'd get a decent sized offer from Orlando. $4.2 over 2 years?Damn
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Thoughts ?

thats a horrible trade for the lakers unless both the heat and kings give the lakers their 1st round pick

laugh.gif
aint no way in hell odom worth a #1 pick from the Heat.... and youthink the lakers deserve the #1 pick from both teams??
laugh.gif

i dont wantto lose marion for odom... i would rather have marion and jones share the time...the heat squad looks good right now its just blount that bothers me... but idont think that we will have to depend on him too much.... just let him get rebounds... then rest of them knows how to score..

Question:

How are the Lakers gonna give Bynum the extension he wants, AND retain LO after this season.

Answer:

It's a trick question, because it's impossible.

Honestly, the Lakers would be a better team with Artest, because LO doesn't really play defense, and that was their downfall against the Celtics.

Had he opted out, Ron would've gotten maybe a few real offers, but the most would've been MLEs.

It would be best to trade Odom now, to get value for him, rather than nothing when he signs with another team in 2009. Getting Ron now, even if he leaves afternext season, would be MUCH more advantageous for the Lakers.

It would be best to trade Odom now, to get value for him, rather than nothing when he signs with another team in 2009. Getting Ron now, even if he leaves after next season, would be MUCH more advantageous for the Lakers.
they still would probably have to take Kenny Thomas's contract tho which is huge

Thoughts ?

id do it if you swap kenny thomas for udonis haslem for the lakers....

the kings would come out with a steal...

EDIT: nevermind. forgot it was kenny thomas coming from the kings
mad.gif

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

Sportscenter just had a teaser that Stephen A. has some inside information on Tracy McGrady trade talk...

Keep us updated.

!!
Watch his inside info be that Houston isnt interested in trading Tmac unless they get Lebron James

Originally Posted by allen3xis

So who do you guys honestly think is equal value to Odom?
nerd.gif

on his worst day, equal value could be kenny thomas.

on his best, equal value could be ron.

based on his skill set, if LO REALLY applied himself, he could be a top 25 player.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by allen3xis

So who do you guys honestly think is equal value to Odom?
nerd.gif

on his worst day, equal value could be kenny thomas.

on his best, equal value could be ron.

based on his skill set, if LO REALLY applied himself, he could be a top 25 player.
then again we have been saying this for years......

and posey just need to stick it to celtics for insulting him... sign with LA already..

I hope fruity %%@ tyron lue signs with boston...
devil.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

man they teased a mcgrady rumor 45 minutes ago... stupid baseball ASG and Josh Hamiltons drug use...

laugh.gif
I have never seen an X drug addict get so much pub! we know the story get over it ESPN......

ESPN beats anything to its death smh.

I think Posey would be a great fit in LA, hes that stopper they need. If artest comes, they wouldnt need him to score, so why not get posey and keep the coretogether? i dont know how their cap situation is but they should be going after him strong

Back
Top Bottom