Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

WILLINC wrote:
Heat Get: Lamar Odom, Brad Miller

Kings Get: Shawn Marion, Udonis Haslem, Chris Mihm

Lakers Get: Ron Artest, Kenny Thomas, possibly a pick

Heat get their center, along with a small forward that's familiar with Wade.

Kings get cap space up the wazoo, a hard-nosed power forward, and a tall corpse.

Lakers get their defensive juggernaut, someone to chew toothpicks while he plays, and possibly a pick of some kind as an apology for forementioned toothpick-using player.
I saw this on RealGM, what do respective fans think ?

I don't know if I would pull the trigger from Miami's perspective

Thoughts ?
If I was Miami I would definitely NOT do this trade. Marion could be traded for way better
eyes.gif

Also, I really like Haslem here.

YoungTriz wrote:
damn and the heat couldnt get him???
No cap space to take on Camby's contract. Denver wasn't looking to add another player but create cap relief w/the 10 mil trade exemption

Camby for a second round pick and not lose caps space. I dig, I dig. I think this is a great move for my boys. Not saying that camby is going to take us overthe hump but it does take us in the right direction. A top 3 shot blocker, good interior defender and great rebounder does us well. This will make Kaman lifeso much easier not have to be the main rebounder and defender down low.

Starting 5 possibilities

C- Kaman
PF- Camby
SF- Thorton
SG- Mobley
PG- Davis

Bench

C- P. Davis (I like this dude)
PF- Thomas
SF- Fazekas/ J. Powell (need to re-sign this kid)
SG- Gordon
PG- B. Knight

Sign Livinston to a 1yr minimum deal

I like

Clips still need a consistent SG, or a PF and move Kaman to the bench. Otherwise they'll have a lot of off scoring nights. Davis and Thornton are theirbiggest scoring threats and they can be off some of the time.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

is Sacramento under the cap? if so, how much?

Over
I see, I see...

With the 11 roster spots they currently have occupied, they have 62,000,000. The cap is 58.7 million or so.
oh okay cool, I was just wondering how much Kenny Thomas is really needed in a LO for Artest swap.

is Sacramento under the cap? if so, how much?

Over
I see, I see...

With the 11 roster spots they currently have occupied, they have 62,000,000. The cap is 58.7 million or so.
oh okay cool, I was just wondering how much Kenny Thomas is really needed in a LO for Artest swap.

Because Artest is worth a lot more than his contract says, and the fact that LO's contract is relatively large, KT's contract is necessary. TheKings aren't giving up anyone else with a big contract.

[h1]Nuggets trade Camby to Clippers for second-round pick[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

Updated: July 16, 2008, 12:16 AM ET

LAS VEGAS -- A week ago Tuesday, Elton Brand's defection to Philadelphia decimated the Los Angeles Clippers.

One week later, Brand's old team has rebounded nicely.

[h4]Marcus Camby[/h4]
3084.jpg

Center
Denver Nuggets

[table] 2008 Season Stats [tr][td]GM[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]79[/td] [td]9.1[/td] [td]13.1[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td].450[/td] [td].708[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Clippers on Tuesday night swung a trade to import Denver Nuggets center Marcus Camby as their Brand replacement for the miniscule cost of giving Denver the option to swap second-round picks in 2010, capitalizing on the Nuggets' need to shed salary to create their own financial flexibility.

Using the salary-cap space earmarked for re-signing Brand before his free-agent departure to the Philadelphia 76ers, L.A. was able to absorb Camby's contract ($10 million for each of the next two seasons) without surrendering anything of consequence beyond Denver creating a trade exception worth $10.1 million that expires one year from Tuesday.

The Clippers were initially expected to respond to the unraveling of their dream tag team -- Brand and Baron Davis -- by extending a lucrative offer sheet to one of four restricted free agents: Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith, Charlotte Bobcats forward Emeka Okafor, Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng or Philadelphia 76ers forward Andre Iguodala. But trading for Camby so quickly enables L.A. to avoid the risky game of restricted free agency, which would afford each of those teams seven days to match any Clippers offer, potentially tying up the Clippers' resources for a week with no guarantee of landing their target.

Camby is not nearly the offensive force Brand is -- and will be 35 in March -- but he's coming off a career season in which he averaged 9.1 points, 13.1 rebounds and 3.61 blocks for the Nuggets, who won 50 games to claim the final playoff spot in the West in what was regarded as the most competitive conference race in league history.

"I think this is a very good addition for us, especially since we're getting a player who can really help us without having to give up a player in return," general manager Elgin Baylor said. "With him playing alongside [Chris] Kaman, I think we will have a pair of excellent interior defenders and that will make us a formidable team."

The Clippers, sources said, also preserved an estimated $3 million in cap space to perhaps add another rotation player to their new core, which features the homegrown Davis as their new cornerstone, second-year swingman Al Thornton, recent draftee Eric Gordon and Kaman as Camby's new frontcourt sidekick.

"I love this acquisition for the current makeup of our team," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. "We are getting a consummate pro who is maybe the best team defender in the league and has 60 playoff games under his belt."

Exiling Camby for essentially no return was certainly not the Nuggets' preference, but finances forced their hand. The Allen Iverson-Carmelo Anthony-Camby trio could not get out of the first round in two tries and couldn't even win a game in a humbling first-round playoff exit to the Los Angeles Lakers last season, leaving Denver convinced that it had to start drastically cutting payroll to pursue further changes to its roster. The Nuggets will now have more cushion to match potential offers to restricted free agent J.R. Smith if they choose.

The Nuggets had the league's fourth-highest payroll last season and are required to pay $13,572,079 in luxury taxes by July 23. Denver's preference naturally would have been trading away Brazilian forward Nene or fellow forward Kenyon Martin, but Martin is due to earn roughly $46.5 million over the next three seasons and is the only player in the NBA to undergo microfracture surgery on both knees. Nene makes slightly less than Camby over the next two seasons but was limited to 16 games last season and underwent surgery to treat testicular cancer.

So Camby, the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year in 2006-07, was always Denver's most likely candidate to be exiled for financial reasons in spite of his own injury history.

"Marcus has been an exceptional representative of the Nuggets both on the court and in the Denver community during his time here and we are greatly appreciative of all he has done," Mark Warkentien, the Nuggets' vice president of basketball operations, said in a statement.

Fast-spreading word of Camby's imminent departure left Nuggets coach George Karl struggling to mask his disappointment as he watched the NBA Summer League on the campus of UNLV.

"I'm not going to talk philosophically about what's going on and why we did it," Karl said. "I think all of us, Marcus and all the coaches, we're going to have to think about it a little bit. It was a situation where I know that Marcus was a big part of our success. Any time you lose a player like Marcus, you're going to have a tough time filling that void."

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Iverson should leave. Picking saving money over a really good player, that says the Nuggets aren't really committed to winning now.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Prince is a better on ball defender, and outside shooter.
Odom is better post player and rebounder.

Both are very good passers and ball handlers for their size.
Neither is a #1 option on offense, and I doubt that either would really excel in a #2 role.

I think both players are rather unique, but throwing Prince's name out there was only in response to the "who is equal value for Odom" question

wow...a piston fan actually in favor of that trade? for that to work, rip and stuckey is gonna have to step up and be the main guys...cuz LO is scared tomake baskets when it counts...

i honestly dont have a clue in what the nuggets organization is doing
you trade camby for wat?
dude is a beast...will easily get u 5 blocks a game with 10 rebounds
nuggets really dont know what there doing

I think it's because the Nuggets were due to pay up $13M in luxuary tax in two weeks if they didn't do something about it. (They paid it last yeartoo)

Pure salary dump move.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I think it's because the Nuggets were due to pay up $13M in luxuary tax in two weeks if they didn't do something about it. (They paid it last year too)

Pure salary dump move.

Oh.

i really think they should get rid of A.I. they can get some good players for him

but all i kno is clippers front court is gonna be a problem with Kaman and Camby

Season hasnt started but ill say this now that the Clippers are easily a playoff time this upcoming season

Ha...my Nuggets aren't either now...smh...got a bunch of underachievers and had to let one of the bright spots go...oh well AI will never see a ring...

Originally Posted by tupac003

Who ever came up with that 3 way trade is on ROCKS!

Give us Haslem and then that deal is ok. Nobody wants Kenny's contract.
i was peepin this and thought this was a GREAT trade 4 LA but i 4got kenny's contract is rediculous
laugh.gif
....but Artest in LA wud be amazing i juswonder how him and kobe wud act playing together
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Orlando needs to get Dwight some inside help.

pretty much, i really want haslem but i know no way in hell riley would trade them to magic because of ill will.
mad.gif

yeah it's pretty ridiculous how they play Turk and Lewis at the 4 position. they're horrible 4's. they're excellent 3's though, and neithercan play 2. so its a tough situation for them. u can't bench one of them. u pay lewis too much. and turkoglu is your go-to-guy. but then you suck at the 4position. i really wouldnt be sure what to do as the decision maker there, but my first instinct would be to bench turkoglu for a legit 4 and move lewis to hisnatural position at the 3.

Back
Top Bottom