Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Shard needs to rebound more, and give more of an effort the entire game in order to be a four. He's a SG in a PF's body. At least Turk can handle theball. Although, I think if the Magic had a good PG, they'd be TROUBLE.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

The Clippers are not a playoff team. They'll probably finish 10 or 11 in the West.

The way I see it is:

Teams definitely making the playoffs- Lakers, Hornets, Spurs, Jazz

Last 4 spots are up for grabs b/w-Mavs, Rockets, Phoenix, Clips, Blazers, Nuggets
I don't see he Sonics, Kings, Wolves, or Grizzlies having any shot.

I'm going to need to see a lot of scoring out of the Clippers to consider them a Playoff team. I think the Kings have a better chance than the Clippers do.I also think the Blazers are a lock barring significant injury. I definitely see your point though. The last few spots are going to be a battle. I just hopethe Mavericks can come out hot.
laugh.gif

Suns are interested in Livingston.
pimp.gif

[h1]Suns Interested In Livingston[/h1]

Jul 16, 2008 5:39 AM EST

Livingston_Shaun_lac.jpg
The Phoenix Suns are short onpoint guards, and after missing out on Chris Duhon and Anthony Johnson, and with Tyronne Lue also looking at the Celtics, a player of interest appears to beShaun Livingston, the East Valley Tribune is reporting.

One of the league's bright up-and-coming point guards, Livingston crumpled on a drive to the basket, and he injured nearly every part of his left knee(torn anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament and lateral meniscus, a sprained medial cruciate ligament and a dislocated patella tendon).

This happened 17 months ago, and Livingston, 22, has not played since.

No way SL is gonna slip outta Sterlings hand, clips spent too much time and money to watch him develop into nothing. Hopefully they have not given up on himyet and should resign him with Q.Ross ASAP.

the way I see the west

Lakers,Hornets,Jazz,Spurs defintely top 4

then the rest will likely go

Rockets, Phoenix, Clippers, Mavericks

with Denver,Golden State tryna break in .... Portland looks promising but not yet...theyre the up and coming spurs dynasty buh better tho

Reason why I have CLIPS up so high is because I know they can rebound and with Diddy on the team tear up the mavs so they are a guaranteed 7-8 seed teamespecially if they stay healthy they'l become the best rebounding team in the league and would just grab a miss shot from either davis,gordon,thornton, ormobley and put it back in.

Originally Posted by flipsydedragon

No way SL is gonna slip outta Sterlings hand, clips spent too much time and money to watch him develop into nothing. Hopefully they have not given up on him yet and should resign him with Q.Ross ASAP.

the way I see the west

with Denver,Golden State tryna break in .... Portland looks promising but not yet...theyre the up and coming spurs dynasty buh better tho

Reason why I have CLIPS up so high is because I know they can rebound and with Diddy on the team tear up the mavs so they are a guaranteed 7-8 seed team especially if they stay healthy they'l become the best rebounding team in the league and would just grab a miss shot from either davis,gordon,thornton, or mobley and put it back in.

Just because hes on the Clippers now doesn't mean hes gonna still dominate the Mavs

4 Definates: Spurs, Lakers, Jazz, Suns

Next 3 In barrin any injuries: Rockets, Mavs, Blazers/Warriors

Battlin for the Last Spot: Clips and Warriors/Blazers

Originally Posted by Goodfellaz86

No way SL is gonna slip outta Sterlings hand, clips spent too much time and money to watch him develop into nothing. Hopefully they have not given up on him yet and should resign him with Q.Ross ASAP.

the way I see the west

Reason why I have CLIPS up so high is because I know they can rebound and with Diddy on the team tear up the mavs so they are a guaranteed 7-8 seed team especially if they stay healthy they'l become the best rebounding team in the league and would just grab a miss shot from either davis,gordon,thornton, or mobley and put it back in.

Just because hes on the Clippers now doesn't mean hes gonna still dominate the Mavs

You forgot the Hornets bruh
wink.gif

the way I see the west

So the Suns are definite but the Blazers and Mavericks wouldn't be? I'm not saying the Mavericks should be definite, but if you count the Suns asdefinite, Mavs in there too.
laugh.gif
Warriors battling for the last spot hu?? With the Blazers?
laugh.gif

And yeah, you forgot the Hornets.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Josh Smith said he's not coming back if Woodson is still the coach...didn't he just re-up?

Eh...it's the whole "sources say..." thing again. The local beat writer was on the radio and said that Josh Smith's father called himpersonally and said the story that Bucher had last week was not true.

At this point, I think Josh is out of options...

Maybe if we sign his old AAU teammate, he'd be thrilled to come back...
CLASH OF THE (FORMER GEORGIA HIGH SCHOOL TITANS): That workout with Kwame Brown and Randolph Morris that we told you would happen this summer took place today (no, the media was not allowed to watch). Both players reportedly gave a good showing, with Brown drawing the most raves from onlookers.
Both guys appeared to be in good to decent shape and after three years with limited big men available, Hawks coach Mike Woodson said it was just good to see guys as big as Brown and Randolph wearing Hawks colors, even if it was just practice gear.

"It's nice to see two big bodies first and foremost," Woodson said. "Zaza, Al Horford and Solomon Jones are the only real bigs we've got. Josh Smith isn't the big 7-footer, even though he's done a great job for us holding it down at that position. But it was nice to have two big guys like those guys competing against each other in our gym and giving us an opportunity to look at them in hopes that they might be a part of our basketball team. Kwame might come back [Wednesday], so that let's me know that he's sincere about our team."

Randolph worked out with the rest of the Hawks' mini-campers during the afternoon session and will finish out the Atlanta portion of the schedule but will not accompany them to Salt Lake City Thursday for the Rocky Mountain Revue summer league competition.

Randolph, the former Landmark Christian star, did say that the idea of playing for the Hawks and before his hometown fans, is a tantalizing proposition.

"Of course it would be nice to come back home and play," said Randolph, who spent the first year and a half of his NBA career with the New York Knicks. "But you'd have to talk to my agent [Wallace Prather] about where we go from here. I'm here and doing everything I can. We'll just have to see where it goes from here."

There's no question the Hawks have a need for another big body, or two, to fill out a frontcourt rotation that was sorely lacking in the size and depth departments last season.

Kwame..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

the way I see the west

Definates: Spurs, Lakers, Jazz, Suns, Hornets

Next 2 In barrin any major injuries: Rockets and Mavs

Battlin for the Last Spot: Warriors and Blazers

So the Suns are definite but the Blazers and Mavericks wouldn't be? I'm not saying the Mavericks should be definite, but if you count the Suns as definite, Mavs in there too.
laugh.gif
Warriors battling for the last spot hu?? With the Blazers?
laugh.gif

And yeah, you forgot the Hornets.
I like the Mavs (Kidd and Nowitzki) but they didn't really improve this offseason, but we have to see what kind of style Carlisle is gonna run andif he utilizes Kidd better than Johnson did and I just feel that for the most part Phoenix still has their core together and they'll most likely be the4/5. But I do see what your sayin about the Mavs being a definite, but if they play like they did last year its gonna be a long season

Blazers are still young and even tho they went .500 last year they still have alot to prove and the Warriors didn't improve they are now without a PG andtheir 2 main priorities to resign, weren't really their priorities this offseason

Yea I did forget the Hornets I still think they are in the East sometimes --- my bad

All of this is in my personal opinion tho

Denver.
smh.gif

Who plays D on that team now?

West playoff teams is interesting as hell. imo I see

Spurs, Hornets, Jazz, Lakers in barring terrible run of injuries. Suns get in, maybe Blazers too. Followed by the Rockets, and then maybe the Clips.

Knicks Agree To Terms With Roberson
More Knicks News

* Gallinari Doubtful For Next Game
* D'Antoni Asks: 'Ti Piace Marbury?!'
* Good Chance Knicks And Clips Will Discuss Randolph Trade Again
* Agent Told Memphis Not To Trade For Knicks' Lee?
* New York Knicks Archive

Click here to find out more!
Knicks Links

* New York Home Page
* New York Roster
* New York Message Board
* Find Knicks Tickets
* Feedback or Suggestions

Jul 16, 2008 5:45 AM EST

The New York Knicks have agreed in principle to a two year contract with free agent Anthony Roberson, the New York Post is reporting.

The deal, according to the Post, is likely to expediate the departure of Stephon Marbury.

While the Knicks are trying to acquire help at the point through a trade, they did deny the rumor that Marbury's time in New York would officially come toan end by the end of the week.

The Knicks also have considered waiving center Jerome James, who played five minutes last season and still has knee pain.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Knicks Agree To Terms With Roberson
More Knicks News

* Gallinari Doubtful For Next Game
* D'Antoni Asks: 'Ti Piace Marbury?!'
* Good Chance Knicks And Clips Will Discuss Randolph Trade Again
* Agent Told Memphis Not To Trade For Knicks' Lee?
* New York Knicks Archive

Click here to find out more!
Knicks Links

* New York Home Page
* New York Roster
* New York Message Board
* Find Knicks Tickets
* Feedback or Suggestions

Jul 16, 2008 5:45 AM EST

The New York Knicks have agreed in principle to a two year contract with free agent Anthony Roberson, the New York Post is reporting.

The deal, according to the Post, is likely to expediate the departure of Stephon Marbury.

While the Knicks are trying to acquire help at the point through a trade, they did deny the rumor that Marbury's time in New York would officially come to an end by the end of the week.

The Knicks also have considered waiving center Jerome James, who played five minutes last season and still has knee pain.

I saw him playing in the summer league, really not a fan.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Denver.
smh.gif

Who plays D on that team now?

West playoff teams is interesting as hell. imo I see

Spurs, Hornets, Jazz, Lakers in barring terrible run of injuries. Suns get in, maybe Blazers too. Followed by the Rockets, and then maybe the Clips.

rockets are a lock bro. their D is too damn good. 5th seed at worst once again.

so how much money do the clips have left to spend this offseason? anyone think they use camby in a deal to bring someone else? vince carter for camby deal? thenets did want them and if they are dumping contracts its a possibility

It's funny how Josh Smith is out of options now. The Grizzlies are really the only team that can go after him, and I wish we would do some sign-and-tradewith him. Now if Smith signs the Qualifying Offer he would be unrestricted next summer and the Grizzlies could easily be the biggest player at that timewithout having to give up any of their young players. If Smith doesn't want to play for Woodson but wants a major contract his best situation is to signthe QO and go unrestricted next season. So, I would rather wait a year out since we know we aren't playoff bound this season and grab Smith without havingany competitors in the 09' off-season. I like the route our GM is going by not making any stupid moves and staying conservative this off-season. We stillneed to make some type of deal though to get rid of Critt. I wish we could've did the deal with the Magic, but I guess they gave up on it since they signedAnthony Johnson.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

so how much money do the clips have left to spend this offseason? anyone think they use camby in a deal to bring someone else? vince carter for camby deal? the nets did want them and if they are dumping contracts its a possibility

Bad deal for the Nets, no point in doing that.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by outkast9984

so how much money do the clips have left to spend this offseason? anyone think they use camby in a deal to bring someone else? vince carter for camby deal? the nets did want them and if they are dumping contracts its a possibility

Bad deal for the Nets, no point in doing that.

It will give them more money for the 2010 "sweepstakes". That's the only reason they would do that deal.

Problem is, the Clippers already renounced his rights. He's free to go anywhere, and the Clippers have basically cut ties with him.

Unless T-Mac or Yao go down for the year, early, the Rockets are a playoff team.

52 games won 2 years ago, 55 games won last year.

..and this with both T-Mac and Yao missing time.

The Knicks have agreed in principle on a two-year contract to sign free-agent guard Anthony Roberson, with the deal likely to expediate the departure of Stephon Marbury, The Post has learned. Knicks president Donnie Walsh appeared to be waiting to add another backcourt player before he made a move with Marbury. And now he feels he has it in Roberson, a 6-2 combo guard who is playing for the Knicks summer-league team here and excelled in his debut, scoring 22 points, including three 3-pointers. NY Post

Roberson played for Memphis and Golden State before last season when he competed for teams in Jerusalem and Istanbul. The signing will give the Knicks 16 players with guaranteed contracts - one over the limit. The Knicks also have considered waiving center Jerome James, who played five minutes last season and still has knee pain. NY Post

The Knicks insisted there is no truth to a summer-league rumor that Marbury would be released by week's end. Marbury, who still could be traded, said yesterday he hasn't been approached. In fact, interestingly, Marbury has not yet dined with coach Mike D'Antoni, who has consulted several other veterans on whether they view Marbury as a divisive force in the locker room. NY Post

After signing point guard Chris Duhon last week, Walsh said he also was trying to add one more shooter to the roster. And Walsh may now feel his backcourt can survived without Marbury. However, one league executive said Duhon is a top-10 backup point guard and not a full-time starter. NY Post

With several bloated contracts on the roster -- namely Allen Iverson (owed $21.9 million next season), Carmelo Anthony ($14.4 million) and Kenyon Martin ($14.1 million) -- Denver was desperate for cap relief and dealing Camby should get them within shouting distance of the luxury tax, which will likely be around $68 million next season. The Nuggets will lose a formidable defensive presence in Camby but, as one Western Conference assistant coach put it, "they weren't playing defense with him, they can play it just as bad without him." SI.com

The big loser in this deal may be Josh Smith. A restricted free agent, Smith has seen the market for his services dry up quickly. Philadelphia was believed to be the frontrunner, but the Sixers pivoted and spent their money on Brand. After dining with Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy last week, it appeared the Clippers were preparing to make an offer; but in trading for Camby, they can no longer come close to offering Smith the kind of megadeal he's looking for. SI.com

Josh Smith's options are now limited. Memphis is the only team with enough free agent money to make a serious offer, but the Grizzlies recently made a commitment to Marc Gasol and have given no indication they are interested in Smith. SI.com

As I previously reported in Sports Illustrated, league sources say Josh Smith is not interested in returning to the Hawks if Mike Woodson, who just signed a new two-year contract to remain with Atlanta, is the head coach. The two have butted heads frequently in Smith's four seasons with the Hawks, and sources say the relationship is beyond repair. With a dearth of offers, Smith may change his tune but having a volatile relationship on such a young team may not be in the Hawks' best interests. SI.com

Josh Smith had dinner with Clippers officials last Wednesday in Los Angeles, but the Clippers never presented Smith with an offer sheet to sign. The 76ers hosted Smith on July 2 for two days, wining and dining him as their top free-agent prospect, but also never presented him with an offer sheet. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

That leaves Tyronn Lue as the last name on Phoenix's original wish list. Lue is still keeping in close contact with the Suns, and the team remains optimistic that something will get done. But the Boston Celtics and at least one other team are still talking to him as well. Lue also took a look at Miami, which has its biennial exception to offer, over the weekend, but he didn't show up for a scheduled physical on Monday. East Valley Tribune

Even if Lue signs with the Suns, they might not be done shopping for a point guard if rookie Goran Dragic doesn't reach the NBA next season. One player of interest is former Clipper Shaun Livingston, on the comeback trail after missing the last 17 months following a horrific left knee injury. One of the league's bright up-and-coming point guards, Livingston crumpled on a drive to the basket, and he injured nearly every part of his left knee (torn anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament and lateral meniscus, a sprained medial cruciate ligament and a dislocated patella tendon). East Valley Tribune

Suns: Reports of interest in former Magic guard Keyon Dooling are unfounded. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Dooling, who made $3.6 million last season, was insulted when he was offered the same two-year, $3.8 million deal that Johnson took. East Valley Tribune

The Pistons are interested in acquiring Golden State center Andris Biedrins and they would offer Chauncey Billups in the deal, the Oakland Tribune reported. Columnist Carl Steward writes: "The buzz in Detroit is that the Warriors and Pistons have been talking about a deal involving point guard Chauncey Billups. The Pistons want Andris Biedrins, the Warriors are offering up Al Harrington. Harrington by all means. But Biedrins? No way. Detroit Free Press

The New Jersey Nets also were interested in trading for Marcus Camby, who was dealt to the Clippers on Tuesday. But the Nets, without room under the salary cap, were not able to bid low enough to get him in a salary-cap dump. "Kiki really wanted Marcus,'' said Camby's agent, Rick Kaplan, referring to New Jersey general manager Kiki Vandeweghe, the general manager in Denver when the Nuggets traded for Camby in June 2002. "But he didn't have enough of nothing to give.'' Rocky Mountain News

Sure, the Nuggets would have rather dumped Kenyon Martin or Nene, but nobody wants either. And they weren't going to part with Carmelo Anthony. The Rocky Mountain News had reported shortly after the season that Camby was the team's most likely big-salaried player to be traded. Rocky Mountain News

Before Camby was dealt, the Nuggets had nine players with guaranteed contracts totaling more than $79 million, about $8 million over the luxury tax threshold. Rocky Mountain News

There's even a chance the Nuggets could be under the salary cap in the summer of 2009. Then again, it remains to be seen what Smith's contract will be and how much Linas Kleiza, who will be a restricted free agent in 2009 if not re-signed by Oct. 31, will command. Rocky Mountain News

"I think it will definitely help us on the defensive end," said the Clippers guard Baron Davis, who was signed to a five-year, $65 million deal last week. "He is a very skilled big guy, and I think he'll go well with Chris Kaman. I think he'll make Kaman a better player, even." LA Daily News

The Clippers had been exploring the possibility of extending an offer sheet to either Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith or Charlotte Bobcats center-forward Emeka Okafor, both restricted free agents. But Camby's contract, which leaves the Clippers only about $2 million below the salary cap, apparently eliminates those options. For Denver, the deal will help a team determined to drop below the tipping point for the luxury tax. Counting Camby and Anthony Carter, who is expected to sign with the Nuggets, Denver has guaranteed contracts for nine players totaling more than $79 million, $8 million above the luxury-tax trigger point. LA Times

"It was a total shock," Camby said of the trade via e-mail. "I really loved Denver. It became my home. It will be especially hard to leave behind the kids I worked with in the community through my Cambyland Foundation." LA Times

"I am certainly not coming to replace Elton Brand," Camby said. "Our games are completely different. The Clippers have had some ups and downs over the last few years and hopefully the team is headed in the right direction." LA Times

A source close to Iguodala said that the team and Iguodala's agent would meet in Las Vegas in the next few days, and that the Sixers asked Iguodala to delay his negotiations so the organization could close the Brand deal. Iguodala averaged 19.9 points per game last season. His status as a restricted free agent means the Sixers can match another team's offer. Last summer, Iguodala rejected the Sixers' offer of a five-year, $57 million contract extension. Philadelphia Inquirer

The Heat would violate tampering rules if they attempted to "entice, induce or persuade" Boozer in any way as long as he was under contract to the Jazz. O'Connor declined to comment when asked if he talked to either Boozer or his agent, Rob Pelinka, about next summer's plans. Salt Lake Tribune

Talks with Deng and fellow restricted free agent Ben Gordon are progressing slowly. Chicago Tribune

The talk in Las Vegas continues to be about the future of Ron Artest. Dallas reportedly has had internal discussions about the Kings mercurial power forward and may be willing to part with their own enigmatic forward, Josh Howard, to get him. The Lakers -- who have dangled Lamar Odom -- continue to be regarded as the favorites, with their willingness to swallow the remaining two years and $16.5 million of Kenny Thomas's contract considered the only holdup. SI.com

Anthony Randolph signed his rookie contract with the Warriors on Tuesday, his 19th birthday. As is standard, he signed for 20 percent above the rookie scale, which guarantees him $1.7 million this season and $1.8 million next season. The final two years in the deal are team options and would pay Randolph nearly $5 million more. "Best birthday present ever. By far," said Randolph, the No. 14 overall pick out of Louisiana State. San Jose Mercury News

James Posey, the Celtics' highest-priority unsigned veteran, is seeking a four-year contract, an NBA source said yesterday. Posey, 31, is treating negotiations as if this could be his final contract and has been in talks with Detroit, the Lakers, New Orleans, Cleveland, and Washington. No team has been willing to offer a deal beyond three years. Guard Eddie House and Posey, who played key reserve roles in the Celtics' title run last season, returned to Boston for promotional appearances this week, both expressing interest in remaining with the Celtics. The interaction with fans has reinforced Posey's intention to stay in Boston, but will not influence his decision, he said yesterday. Boston Globe

Cleveland appears to be Posey's best bet for a possible move, the Cavaliers seeking a player to complement LeBron James. Posey spoke briefly with Celtics general manager Danny Ainge Monday. Ainge said no progress had been made yesterday. Boston Globe

While prized free agent James Posey's situation remains unresolved, it looks as though Eddie House may have one foot out the Celtics' door. The club would like to sign a veteran backup point guard to a one-year minimum deal and take advantage of the league reimbursement that comes with such contracts. But House is looking for security and a raise, which other teams apparently are offering. Boston Herald

"Eddie's not going to sign for one year at the minimum," his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said yesterday. "There's no chance of that. He's got two or three offers on the table right now for more than that." The Celts are aware of how much House can help, and he showed strong perseverance late in the postseason after being removed from the rotation in favor of Sam Cassell early on. Boston Herald

Rajon Rondo is comfortable with his decision to skip workouts with the U.S. national team. "I actually talked to Danny and he told me he wanted me to get rest and relax and just enjoy my time off," Rondo said. "The next season's coming very soon. Boston Herald

Celtics center Kendrick Perkins said he is close to being fully recovered from a shoulder injury that limited his play in the NBA Finals. But Perkins declined a chance to join the US national team in preparation for the Olympics. "I got a lot of different opinions," he said. "I talked to Danny and a lot of my teammates, and they didn't recommend I go. Boston Globe

Danny Ainge said he expects Patrick O'Bryant, signed last week to a two-year, $3 million contract, to come closer to fulfilling his potential with the Celtics after struggling with Golden State. O'Bryant, 22, is expected to back up Perkins. Boston Globe

Three years after the Kings signed him to a five-year, $29.3 million deal, Abdur-Rahim feels obliged to give more than he has. That sentiment fits his reputation as a quality character who has won over so many within the Kings organization and the league at large. And therein lies the harsh irony. The best outcome for the Kings would be for Abdur-Rahim to retire, as his contract (two years and $12.8 million) is insured. Although Abdur-Rahim still would be paid in full, the Kings would see his money come off a salary cap figure that is pushing the luxury tax threshold of $71.15 million. Sacramento Bee

Following his 14-point summer-league debut in which he took a physical pounding, rookie Danilo Gallinari missed practice with a sore back yesterday and likely will sit out today's game vs. San Antonio, resting up for Friday vs. the Suns. NY Post

Back
Top Bottom