Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by belle155

get josh smith on the cavs now asap ferry...snow, wally, damon jones for J smith straight up!

I'm sure the Hawks would be all over that deal.
eyes.gif
roll.gif

Posey is a MINIMAL upgrade of Morris Peterson, and they're the same kind of player: shooters who play defense.

GREAT IDEA.

you serious ?

Posey > Mo Pete

Id rather have him any day

Word. Mo Pete is wild inconsistent. Some games dude gives you like 6 points. Dude is trash now.

Posey is a definite upgrade.

Also, I think Bonzi might be gone, so you'd need to replace him.

Posey can slide right in. And like Mez said, he's been reliable every stop of the way, especially come playoff time.

Posey was gonna get the MLE from somebody anyway, it's not like like the Hornets overpaid. It was just a matter of years.

i'd rather have Posey than Mo any day.

at least Posey is a guaranteed lockdown player....

paying him till he's 35 is a bit questionable tho

paying him till he's 35 is a bit questionable tho
that was the whole issue with the celtics.... they didn;t want to lock him down past 2010, especially with the free agent class that summer.it's a tough loss though cuz i think we need to think about winning now not in 2010.....

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h1]Posey agrees to four-year deal with Hornets[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

Updated: July 16, 2008, 4:08 PM ET

LAS VEGAS -- The reigning NBA champions are about to lose their glue guy.

3341.jpg

Posey

James Posey, arguably the most coveted unrestricted free agent left on the market, agreed to a four-year deal with the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday worth an estimated $25 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said.

Because of future luxury-tax concerns, Boston was apparently reluctant to offer Posey, 31, more than a two- or three-year deal starting at the league's mid-level exception (just under $5.6 million) in spite of Posey's considerable contributions to the Celtics' first championship since 1986.

Getting Posey would be a huge coup for the Hornets, who are coming off a breakthrough season and increasingly billed as a future power in the West with quality starters such as David West, Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic surrounding face of the franchise Chris Paul.

But the Hornets went into the summer desperate to fortify their thin bench and import a proven winner like Posey, who has won two rings in the past three seasons with the Celtics and Miami Heat.

Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com
Thanks heat 23

T, Big props on keeping this thread and us updated!

I don't like the hornets either but I am glad he did not sign with the celtics. Now it is time for house to sign with another team
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

No way SL is gonna slip outta Sterlings hand, clips spent too much time and money to watch him develop into nothing. Hopefully they have not given up on him yet and should resign him with Q.Ross ASAP.
Problem is, the Clippers already renounced his rights. He's free to go anywhere, and the Clippers have basically cut ties with him.

Unless T-Mac or Yao go down for the year, early, the Rockets are a playoff team

yet its inevitable that one of them will go down again this year..... rockets need to trade tmac already...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

Mavs fans? JapanAir? Nowitness? How do you feel about this Josh Howard for Artes trade if it actually went down?
frown.gif
Personally, I don't know as of now.

It doesn't work straight up... They'd have to throw in some salary filler (Sheldan Williams or Francisco Garcia, just for example) to make the salaries match up... I'd really consider it if that were the route the trades went through...

But I can't see them trading him without packaging Kenny Thomas' contract... And in that case, if it's Josh Howard and, say, Jerry Stackhouse for Artest and Kenny Thomas, I really wonder if Artest is enough an upgrade over Howard to take back that contract without some type of extra incentive... With Stackhouse's contract only being partially guaranteed next year, is it really worth taking on all of KT's contract to go from Howard to Artest? I'm not sure...

And that's where we get into the scenario I mentioned above, in that I'd be willing to take it on if they threw in Francisco Garcia or someone along those lines to sweeten the deal for Dallas... I've still gotta believe that even with Josh talking out his %@+ last year, he's still got even bit as much, if not more value than Artest does on the open market, given the baggage of his past and all the whining he's now doing seemingly trying to get out of Sacramento...

If we're trading, I want to get 2-3 or 3-4, I'd ideally like to sign two of our SL guys (out of Shan, Reyshawn, and Pape). I think it'd justBARELY work, but I'd go Jones+Stack+Bass+Josh for Artest+Salmons+KT then sign Pape and Shan Foster to fill out our roster. If not, I'd do aJones+Stack+Josh for Artest+KT+Garcia.

As far as Josh Howard goes, I'm willing to give him another chance. Gambling on him is virtually gambling on Artest, except Artest WILL be the secondaryscorer we need him to be. As for Stackhouse, he can leave for all I care. He's really hurt us the past year or two, and only hindering us with the uglycontract.

I really like Reyshawn Terry though, he will go for boards, and he seems fairly aggressive. If he gets just a little more athletic, I think he can be a realgood role player for us. I just pray that we leave Devean George alone and sign one of our SL guys.

Camby to the Clippers for the OPTION to acquire the Clipper's 2nd round pick in 2010.

This is coming of the heels of Eduardo Najera getting traded to the Nets for absolutely nothing. Most Nuggets fans including myself wanted Camby gone becauseof his non-existent offense and poor on-court decision making, albeit getting a DPOY award in the process. His age was also an issue, but we all thought hecould be trade bait for a solid point guard or a younger big man. Instead the Nuggets are clearning cap space (thanks in part to K-Marts maximum contract) foranother big trade at some point down the road.

At least I hope, otherwise it was a terrible decision.

Good pickup for NO. With peja and mo pete they desperately needed a defender who can guard the other teams best wing player as we all know peja and mo petecan't guard anybody. Plus like everyone else mentioned, dude steps up during the playoffs, and knows his roll.

Mavs fans need to realize how high Petrie, Theus, and Sacramento are on Salmons and Garcia. No chance in hell they got packaged in a deal WITH Artest forHoward. Them being fillers is completely out of the question. It's a rip off. Artest is better than Howard as it is.

If I'm Petrie, I don't even consider doing this deal even if it is straight up. We don't need Howard--we need a power forward who can rebound andblock shots. Or at least rebound. David Lee, Zach Randolph, and Lamar Odom would really be the only deals I'd listen to out of the rumors flying around.The Kings best move here is to trade Artest for a 4 and move Salmons into the starting lineup and have Garcia as the 6th man.

Originally Posted by slickrick916

Josh smith to GS anyone? Do the warriors have the funds to throw a big contract at him?

nah. they just threw the fifty at mags, and josh obviously wants a big number, one that he won't be able to get
josh's only option now is thehawks, i think the grizz have the money for him, but reportedly aren't interested

Originally Posted by Beats05

Mavs fans need to realize how high Petrie, Theus, and Sacramento are on Salmons and Garcia. No chance in hell they got packaged in a deal WITH Artest for Howard. Them being fillers is completely out of the question. It's a rip off. Artest is better than Howard as it is.

If I'm Petrie, I don't even consider doing this deal even if it is straight up. We don't need Howard--we need a power forward who can rebound and block shots. Or at least rebound. David Lee, Zach Randolph, and Lamar Odom would really be the only deals I'd listen to out of the rumors flying around. The Kings best move here is to trade Artest for a 4 and move Salmons into the starting lineup and have Garcia as the 6th man.

Thing is, we're throwing in Stackhouse (an expiring), and taking on KT's contract, that's the only reason we'd even consider Garcia orSalmons (and Salmons only if we threw in Bass). We (or at least I) DO understand how valuable those two are, and quite frankly I think a KT+Artest forHoward+Stackhouse deal would be sufficient, but it's a best case scenario to get Garcia.

Quick question..

Are teams free to sign any player to what they want, so long as they pony up the Luxury Tax, or is it like football where they cant sign over a certain point?

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by slickrick916

Josh smith to GS anyone? Do the warriors have the funds to throw a big contract at him?

nah. they just threw the fifty at mags, and josh obviously wants a big number, one that he won't be able to get
josh's only option now is the hawks, i think the grizz have the money for him, but reportedly aren't interested
Oops, totally forgot they just signed maggette. I like maggette but Smith would have been fun to watch on GS.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Quick question..

Are teams free to sign any player to what they want, so long as they pony up the Luxury Tax, or is it like football where they cant sign over a certain point?

No, say.. The Lakers couldn't go out and offer Josh Smith a max-contract if they like right now. Since they're over the cap, the only thing theycould offer is the annual Mid-Level Exception. This isn't baseball.
laugh.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:
bjm5295 wrote:
Quick question..

No, say.. The Lakers couldn't go out and offer Josh Smith a max-contract if they like right now. Since they're over the cap, the only thing they could offer is the annual Mid-Level Exception. This isn't baseball.
laugh.gif

To add to that, the only time teams are allowed to go over the cap is to re-sign thier own players. If basketball was like baseball the knick's,laker's, mav's, king's and blazer's would have all star teams. The owner have money to blow.

Evening updates...

[h2]Hornets Land Posey[/h2]
Posey_James_bos_080610.jpg

Jul 16, 2008 5:12 PM EST

noh_40.gif
James Poseyagreed to a four-year deal with the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday worth an estimated $25 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said.

Via ESPN

New Orleans Hornets

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

[h2]Clippers Acquire Camby[/h2]
Jul 15, 2008 9:44 PM EST

lac_40.gif
The Los AngelesClippers today acquired forward Marcus Camby from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a future second round draft pick. The NBA Defensive Player of the Year in2006-07, Camby comes to the Clippers with a reputation as one of the top defenders in the league. A 12-year veteran, Camby led the NBA in blocked shots lastyear (3.61) for the third straight season, becoming only the second player in NBA history to lead the league in three consecutive seasons. "I love thisacquisition for the current make up of our team," Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy said. "We are getting a consummate pro who is maybe the best teamdefender in the league and who has 60 playoff games under his belt."

Via RealGM Staff Report

Los Angeles Clippers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Raptors Sign Roko Ukic[/h2]
Jul 16, 2008 8:23 PM EST

tor_40.gif
The TorontoRaptors signed Croatian guard Roko Ukic to a three-year contract on Wednesday.

Toronto selected Ukic during the 2nd round of the 2005 NBA draft.

Via Globe and Mail

Toronto Raptors

[h2]Boston Signs O'Bryant[/h2]
Jul 16, 2008 5:20 PM EST

bos_40.gif
The BostonCeltics announced today that they have signed free agent center Patrick O'Bryant. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. O'Bryant, a7'0", 249lbs center, has appeared in 40 career games for the Golden State Warriors posting averages of 1.7 points and 1.3 rebounds per game. Theformer Bradley Brave played in eight games for the Bakersfield Jam of the Development League last season with averages of 16.9 points, 10.1 rebounds and 3.5blocks per game. The ninth overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft netted a career-high 10 points against the Los Angeles Clippers on November 16, 2007.

Via Press Release

Boston Celtics

[h2]Jennings Signs With ItalianClub[/h2]
Jul 16, 2008 5:18 PM EST

euro_40.gif
Prep starBrandon Jennings signed with Pallacanestro Virtus Roma of the Italian pro league on Wednesday.

"I'm so excited," Jennings said by phone from Las Vegas, where he had been training the past week. "I can'tbelieve that it happened so fast. I remember Sonny [Vaccaro, the former grassroots basketball camp director] talking about it, and then I called him and ithappened so fast already."

Via ESPN

Euroleague Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Granger Ready To Lead InIndiana[/h2]
Jul 16, 2008 3:56 PM EST

ind_40.gif
Pacers'forward Danny Granger claims that he is ready to lead the team with Jermaine O'Neal now in Toronto, according to HoopsWorld.

"With Jermaine gone, the job just got a lot harder," Granger said. "It's a lot more on my shoulders, on Mike's(Dunleavy) shoulders and even Jeff Foster has been around for years, but we have to take this team to the next level."

Granger started 80 games for Indiana last season, averaging 19.6 points and 6.1 rebounds per game.

"I'll just do whatever it takes for this team." Granger said.

Via HoopsWorld

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Report: McGrady InterestedIn Pistons[/h2]
Jul 16, 2008 3:53 PM EST

det_40.gif
The Pistonsclaim that they aren't interested in dealing for Tracy McGrady, but the All-Star forward wouldn't mind joining the team, according to The Detroit FreePress.

"Is Tracy McGrady interested? Yes, he is. I spoke to Tracy McGrady earlier. His basic thing is he's very happy in Houston,but he wants to win. So whatever is a winning situation for him is something he is more than willing to entertain," ESPN's Stephen A. Smith said onTuesday.

A team source told The Free Press earlier this week that the Pistons are not "remotely" close to a deal with the Rockets forMcGrady.

Via The Detroit Free Press

Detroit Pistons,Houston Rockets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Pacers Aren'tDone, Hope They'll Move Tinsley[/h2]
Jul 16, 2008 3:48 PM EST

ind_40.gif
The Pacers haveacquired seven new players so far this season, but they claim that aren't done making moves, according to The Indianapolis Star.

"As we made deals, we knew we were probably going to have an area that we needed to still address, and right now it's a powerforward that can score down low," President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird said Tuesday.

The team is also hoping to rid themselves of point guard Jamaal Tinsley.

"Hopefully, we're not done this summer," Bird added.

The Pacers have their mid-level exception, which is about $5.9 million, to spend, but Bird said there's a possibility that theywon't even use it at all.

"There's different ways we can take care of our needs," General Manager David Morway said. "I think at this point,we're looking at the trade market at the moment."

"We're talking to some teams, but it depends on if they are going to make the decision or not," Bird said."We'll see where it goes."

Via The Indianapolis Star

Back
Top Bottom