Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Kaman and Camby

Vs.

Bynum and Gasol

hmmmm...sounds kinda fun ... for the Laker fans of course
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Keepin thinking is gonna be easy in 08/09
smokin.gif

Im hopin ATL doesnt match that offer, cause Josh with the Grizz =
eek.gif

He would fit in perfectly with Gay Mayo

roll.gif
If the Grizzlies get Josh Smith. About time we made an offer for thisguy. He fits so perfect in our system. It's 13 million more than what the Hawks offered him last year, so I'm hoping they don't match. It's apossibility.

Conley, Mayo, Gay, J-Smoove and Gasol
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Verbatim

I see the Hawks matching the offer sheet. It's $58 million over 5 years.
They do suppose to match it, but they're trying to work out a sign and trade. Sources say the Grizz were trying to figure out whether or notthey was going to offer him the past few weeks, but they wanted to work out a deal with ATL with him so if they do match, they can make a S&T.

Hrm, so the Bucks added Mbah a Moute, Lue, Jefferson, Joe Alexander, and Francisco Elson... Not too bad.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Man them grizz's and clips gonna be a problem next year.

laugh.gif
, The Clippers I can understand, but the Grizzlies have no chance of getting into the Playoffs next year. They're NOT getting Josh Smith, unlessthat 58 million deal is over 4 years, and even then I still think the Hawks would match. Even if the Grizzlies did get Smith, it'd be rough getting in.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
, The Clippers I can understand, but the Grizzlies have no chance of getting into the Playoffs next year. They're NOT getting Josh Smith, unless that 58 million deal is over 4 years, and even then I still think the Hawks would match. Even if the Grizzlies did get Smith, it'd be rough getting in.

The deal is 58 million for 5 years.
I wouldn't say the Grizzlies don't have no chance of getting into the playoffs. If they get Smith, they have a chance at winning 40 games andhaving a season like Portland did last season. More than likely it will be a S&T coming sometime soon, at least that's what I'm hoping. It willprobably involve Darko, Critt and the Lakers 2010' first rounder. ATL was very interested in Darko last summer when he was a free agent.

I really wouldn't care if we made the playoffs or not next season because I know from 09-10' season and on, we will be in there. Then, more than likelywe'll become contenders by the '10-11 season. Getting Smith would put us on the same level as Portland when it comes to becoming contenders. Even if wedon't get Smith, lottery picks from the next 1-2 years and a big FA from the 09' or 10' class will make us contenders around the same time anyways.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
, The Clippers I can understand, but the Grizzlies have no chance of getting into the Playoffs next year. They're NOT getting Josh Smith, unless that 58 million deal is over 4 years, and even then I still think the Hawks would match. Even if the Grizzlies did get Smith, it'd be rough getting in.
More than likely it will be a S&T coming sometime soon, at least that's what I'm hoping. It will probably involve Darko, Critt and the Lakers 2010' first rounder. ATL was very interested in Darko last summer when he was a free agent.

no darrell arthur, no deal.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

So they would eventually lock up all their money in a 2, 3 and another 3...

Smart.

Nope.

Their money wouldn't be locked up, that's why its important to draft smart people. Check out this chart a guy made on the Grizzlies website.

The chart tells the store on how our money would look. We would still have cap space to offer Conley in 2011-12 even if we max out Rudy and max outMayo the next year. Around that time we would probably be contending anyways with that type of core. Guys like Warrick and Lowry may end up getting the shortend of the stick, but they could easily be replaced by other FA's and/or draft picks.

So, yes you're right. It is smart actually.
laugh.gif
And for the record, heis a 3, but he plays the 4 and is pretty damn good at it. Reminds me a lot of Shawn Marion statistically and athletically. He fits perfect into the Grizzliesstyle of play, so if you want to call it dumb then let it be.

Arthur probably won't be in the deal if they do a sign and trade. Most people are already talking about it'll be Darko, Critt and Lakers 10' pickfor Smith right now. Chris Wallace has really impressed me since he's came to Memphis and if he's able to get this done he will definitely be acandidate for GM of the year next season. If we get Josh Smith via FA, that means we traded Pau Gasol for Josh Smith, Crittenton, Arthur and their 2010pick.
laugh.gif
And everybody was looking at the deal like it wasn't going tohelp Memphis at all.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Why do people act like marbury is the worst player in the league. If i needed PG help i would def take him

It's not even that. There was a rumor earlier in the offseason that the Warriors were interested in his services and I was totally against it. I'mnot concerned if Marbury could ball or not, it's the baggage that he brings. On a young team, like the Warriors, I wouldn't want him here because ourkids are impressionable and need good veterans to learn from. Marbury hasn't displayed anything in his career that would make me think that he's a goodveteran to learn from. Say what you want about Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis, but they're excellent teammates. The whole team rallied around those twoguys. Crazy Don Nelson had a good mix of players together and it worked.

Back to Stephon, I didn't ever see him motivate and encourage a young player like Baron and S-Jax have done. His lack of a good attitude could bedetrimental to a young team. So to address your original post, Marbury could still ball, but it'd be a better fit if he were on a veteran team where theironly objective is to win... like say the Celtics (that was rumored earlier in the summer, right?).

if i was the grizzlies i would have offered a lot more. how do restricted FA negotiations like this go anyway? if the hawk's match, can the grizzliesincrease their bid? or once the hawks match is he officially a hawk? if the latter is the case, then the grizzlies really should have offered more. he's10x the player deng and iguodala are

Originally Posted by Beats05

if i was the grizzlies i would have offered a lot more. how do restricted FA negotiations like this go anyway? if the hawk's match, can the grizzlies increase their bid? or once the hawks match is he officially a hawk? if the latter is the case, then the grizzlies really should have offered more. he's 10x the player deng and iguodala are

the grizzlies only had so much to offer per season due to the cap.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Beats05

if i was the grizzlies i would have offered a lot more. how do restricted FA negotiations like this go anyway? if the hawk's match, can the grizzlies increase their bid? or once the hawks match is he officially a hawk? if the latter is the case, then the grizzlies really should have offered more. he's 10x the player deng and iguodala are

the grizzlies only had so much to offer per season due to the cap.

I believe they could've offered up to 12 million, but didn't. In this situation, they made the offer based on not hurting themselves financially.They could've easily traded Critt and Warrick to the Magic for a future 1st and a 2nd for extra cap space. If Smith averages stay where they're atright now, then 5 years/58 million won't be a bad deal. I'll take 17ppg, 8rpg, 3bpg and 1.5spg any day for that. But, more than likely he will improvemore with him being only 22 years old.

My thing is that I know Memphis didn't send him an offer knowing that ATL would match and it would completely eliminate the possibility of getting himnext off-season as an UFA. Either a sign and trade has to be in the talks or ATL just isn't going to match.

Hawks have to match that...unless he REALLY does not want to be there.

A frontline of Gay, Smith, and Gasol/Darko is potentially scary if Gasol pans out.

Back
Top Bottom