Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Kobe goin overseas
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Come to the pistons
devil.gif
devil.gif

if the NBA stars losing players to overseas, i wont be surprised if u see david stern have negotiations with having expansion teams overseas.....hes spokenabout it before

Wassup with these rumors about us trading Darko for Zach Randolph?

If we were to acquire Randolph with trading Darko then it'll be alright, but his contract is like 40 mil within' the next three years. He needs tochange his attitude, but he is a rebounding machine which is what we need. Maybe pairing him up with Gasol would be a good thing. We just have to waste 7 extramil of cap space on him.

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h2]Gordon Hinting He's Done In Chicago?[/h2]
Aug 09, 2008 11:57 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Ben Gordon, the restricted free agent shooting guard with the Chicago Bulls, admitted that he is at a stalemate in negotiations and that his time in the Windy City may be over, according to a report in the Hartford Courant.

"Right now, honestly, it doesn't look like it," Gordon said when asked if he'll be back in Chicago this season. "I think a decision is going to be made soon. ... I've had a great time here. I was fortunate enough to play on a team that made the playoffs; I led the team in scoring three of the four seasons I've been here. It's been a good experience, but we haven't been able to come to any common ground. It's just part of the business. You have to do what you have to do sometimes."

Via Hartford Courant

Chicago Bulls

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets
I wonder what team is going to offer Gordon what he wants? At least $71mil is a lot for Gordon
ohwell.gif
. I hope no GM is dumb enough to give him that.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Top 4 might have been a little high, but the Hawks without Josh Smith >>>>> the Grizzlies without Josh Smith
roll.gif

You really think that the Hawks without Childress and Josh Smith would be better than a young Grizzlie team? First off, the Hawks need a PG that won't turn the ball over 2.5 times a game and can show up better in the playoffs than what he did. As athletic as that team is and the options they had, he only averaged like 3apg.

Of course they would have a better chance at making the playoffs in the East, but their record was 37-45 last year. The Grizzlies could possibly get close to 35 games this season in the West which wouldn't make ATL better. Just means they're in the weaker conference.

Of COURSE you have to take into consideration that the Hawks are in the East. Mike Bibby may be at the tail-end of his career, but if he was in Memphishe'd be starting. Horford was the best rookie big last year, he was a stud last year. Childress leaving isn't as bad as it seems because they got MoEvans, who is no pushover.

The Grizzlies have a bright future with Mayo/Gay, but they need better front court help. Case and point, the Hawks are an automatic Playoff team with JoshSmith, you can't say that for the Grizzlies if they had him.

Probably moreso than any other player, I can see Kobe leaving the NBA when he's 33-34 and another 2 rings richer, and going back to Italy

One Mo deal in Cavs' summer plans?

Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:36 PM EDT

by Bob Finnan
[email protected]

It's been a relatively uneventful summer for the Cavaliers.

All that could change if a three-team trade rumor has any substance to it.

A league source said the Cavs might be pursuing Bucks point guard Mo Williams. All the details aren't known, but the Cavs, Bucks and Oklahoma City(formerly Seattle) are reportedly involved.

Bucks general manager John Hammond has made it known he has no intention of parting with shooting guard Michael Redd, a longtime target of the Cavs.

Perhaps Cavs general manager Danny Ferry went for the next best thing.

If Williams is headed to the Cavs, however, would Delonte West be included in such a deal? He's a restricted free agent who has been a regular at ClevelandClinic Courts for much of the summer. It wouldn't make any sense to have Williams and West on the same roster since both expects to be starters.

If West is involved, though, it would have to be in a sign-and-trade. The Cavs have been embroiled in a contract dispute with West since July 1.

Oklahoma City probably wouldn't want him back. The SuperSonics sent West to the Cavs in a blockbuster trade on Feb. 21. The Sonics drafted UCLA point guardRussell Westbrook in June and already have Luke Ridnour and Earl Watson on their roster.

In fact, Oklahoma City might want to dump one of its two backup point guards.

The Cavs would have to have reservations about Williams' bloated contract. He has five years remaining on his deal, including the 2008-09 season, worthmore than $43 million. He'll make $8.4 million this season and owns a player option for 2012-13.

For a team trying to clear the deck of salaries, that wouldn't make sense.

When Williams was a free agent in the summer of 2007, the Cavs reportedly made him an offer. However, he re-signed with the Bucks.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Williams is good, but is he a difference-maker? Would he allow the Cavs to get to another round of the playoffs?

Some have questioned how Redd would have fit in with superstar LeBron James. The same questions could be asked about Williams, who is a prolific scorer who isused to getting his shots.

He's shredded the Cavs over the years. He's not known as being a top defender, even though he boasts quickness and speed. He has appeared in just fivecareer playoff games.

He averaged 17.2 points and 6.3 assists and shot 48 percent from the field and 39 percent from behind the 3-point arc last season.

Another scenario would be for the Cavs to offer only expiring contracts for Williams. Forward Joe Smith ($4.8 million) and guard Damon Jones ($4.6 million)would get the job done. Ironically, they were teammates in Milwaukee in 2003-04.

Staying home

Rumors of Cavs second-round draft pick Darnell Jackson playing overseas are false.

The power forward is planning on being at the Cavs' training camp.

"He's staying here with the Cavs," agent Roger Montgomery said. "I'm currently in the process of working on a contract. We're prettyclose. I anticipate something to happen soon.

"He's going to be a good, quality NBA player."

Montgomery said Jackson reminds him of native Clevelander Charles Oakley.

Montgomery, who also represents Bucks swingman Desmond Mason and twins Stephen and Joey Graham, said he did talk to some teams overseas.

http://news-herald.townnews.com/articles/2008/08/10/sports/doc489e70ff6f55c301173198.txt

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Top 4 might have been a little high, but the Hawks without Josh Smith >>>>> the Grizzlies without Josh Smith
roll.gif

You really think that the Hawks without Childress and Josh Smith would be better than a young Grizzlie team? First off, the Hawks need a PG that won't turn the ball over 2.5 times a game and can show up better in the playoffs than what he did. As athletic as that team is and the options they had, he only averaged like 3apg.

Of course they would have a better chance at making the playoffs in the East, but their record was 37-45 last year. The Grizzlies could possibly get close to 35 games this season in the West which wouldn't make ATL better. Just means they're in the weaker conference.

Of COURSE you have to take into consideration that the Hawks are in the East. Mike Bibby may be at the tail-end of his career, but if he was in Memphis he'd be starting. Horford was the best rookie big last year, he was a stud last year. Childress leaving isn't as bad as it seems because they got Mo Evans, who is no pushover.

The Grizzlies have a bright future with Mayo/Gay, but they need better front court help. Case and point, the Hawks are an automatic Playoff team with Josh Smith, you can't say that for the Grizzlies if they had him.

You're right, I'm taking that into consideration. I don't know about Bibby starting in Memphis when we have three young PG prospects right now.The situation we are in now (which is rebuilding) would allow those players to start over Bibby.

Overall, I agree that the Hawks are a playoff team with Josh Smith, but its kinda rebundant because Memphis could end up with the same or better record thanATL if they had Smith. They might end up with the same record as them without Smith (being around 35 games). All because the Hawks would make the playoffswouldn't make them better, just a playoff team. I know what you're saying, but I hope you wouldn't be looking at the records rather than overalltalent level and competitiveness of each conference if Smith was on either team.

[h2]Cavaliers Interested In Mo Williams?[/h2]
Williams_Maurice_mil_080127.jpg

Aug 11, 2008 10:23 AM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavaliers are reportedlyinterested in acquiring point guard Mo Williams from the Bucks, according to The News-Herald.

A league source claims that details of a proposed detail aren't known, but Cleveland, Milwaukee and Oklahoma City are rumored to be involved.

Via TheNews-Herald

Cleveland Cavaliers, Milwaukee Bucks

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]OKC 2nd Rounder Hardin Will LikelySign In Turkey[/h2]
Aug 11, 2008 3:27 AM EST

okc_40.gif
Oklahoma State second round pickDeVon Hardin is expected to sign with a team in Turkey, according to a report in The Oklahoman.

Hardin, a 6-foot-11 power forward, was the 50th overall pick in this year's draft. He averaged 9.3 points and 7.4 rebounds in his senior season atCalifornia last year.

Via TheOklahoman

Oklahoma City

[h2]Boston's O'Bryant Working With CliffRay[/h2]
Aug 11, 2008 10:37 AM EST

bos_40.gif
Celtics center Patrick O'Bryanthas been spending a lot of time working with assistant coach and former NBA player Clifford Ray, according to The Boston Globe.

Ray has helped guys like Dwight Howard and Kendrick Perkins blossom in the league recently.

Via TheBoston Globe

Boston Celtics

[h2]Murray Drawing Interest From DynamoMoscow[/h2]
Aug 11, 2008 10:29 AM EST

ind_40.gif
Free agent guard Flip Murray isdrawing interest from Dynamo Moscow, according to The News-Herald.

He drew some interest from the Cavaliers as well, but that was before the team signed Tarence Kinsey. The Mavericks and Wizards have shown some interest aswell.

Murray played with Indiana at the end of last season.

Via TheNews-Herald

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Hawks' Williams Continues Working OnGame[/h2]
Aug 10, 2008 5:15 PM EST

atl_40.gif
Hawks' forward Marvin Williamshas been hitting both the books and the gym this summer in hopes of maturing on and off the court, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"I'm just trying to get better. I've been shooting a ton of 3s [3-pointers]. I've definitely been working on the 3-ball. And I've puton a lot of weight, too," Williams said. "I'm up to about 245 with seven percent body fat. I'm as big and strong as I've ever been.I'm finally starting to fill out my frame, and it feels good."

The former Tar Heel has also been back in Chapel Hill going to class this offseason.

"The past few summers I've gone back to school, so to speak. Being here [in Chapel Hill] is kind of like my refuge. I've done pretty well inschool," he continued.

"I was 233 [pounds] last year, but I actually feel like I'm moving a lot better. I've been running sprints on the track, and my times arebetter than they've ever been. I think a lot of it is just natural maturation," Williams added. "It's like my dad always said, I was so youngwhen I came into the league. It was just a matter of time before my body developed. I just turned 22 two months ago, man."

Via TheAtlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks

[h2]Kings' Thompson Prepared To SilenceCritics[/h2]
Aug 10, 2008 5:10 PM EST

sac_40.gif
Kings' rookie Jason Thompsonbelieves that he would have been a much-higher pick in June's NBA Draft if he had gone to a more high-profile college, according to The Sacramento Bee.

"One of the only reasons I might have been projected (in the June draft) where I was projected was because of the school I went to," Thompson saidlast month in Las Vegas.

"It had nothing to do with talent," he continued. "If I would've gone to North Carolina, or an (Atlantic-10 Conference) school, or toTemple, or a place where the conference was higher up, and averaged what I averaged (statistically) or something close to it..."

Sacramento took Thompson with the 12th overall pick less than two months ago.

"I mean, you've got a guy like (Atlanta's) Marvin Williams, who comes out of North Carolina and wins the championship, coming off the bench andmaybe averaging eight points," Thompson continued, the exasperation building. "And he's a No. 2 pick (in 2005). I mean that's what'scrazy to me."

Via TheSacramento Bee

Sacramento Kings

[h2]Kleiza Leads Lithuania In Upset OverArgentina[/h2]
Aug 10, 2008 5:05 PM EST

den_40.gif
Nuggets' forward Linas Kleiza ledLithuania to an upset win over Argentina on Sunday by hitting a three-pointer with 2.1 seconds left on the clock, according to The Denver Post.

"It definitely felt good when it came out," Kleiza said. "It's a good feeling; I'm not going to lie."

Lithuania won 79-75, upsetting the 2004 gold-medal winners.

Sarunas Jasikevicius drove to the hoop and found an open Kleiza behind the three-point line. Carlos Delfino then threw the ball away with less than onesecond left, cementing Lithuania's victory.

Via TheDenver Post

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Schrempf A Big Fan Of Nowitzki[/h2]
Aug 10, 2008 4:58 PM EST

dal_40.gif
Detlef Schrempf, the first majorGerman star in the NBA, happens to be one of Dirk Nowitzki's biggest fans, according to The Star-Telegram.

"Dirk has done amazing things for German basketball," Schrempf said recently. "To play every summer is extremely hard and tough on the body.I did it for a few years. You're away all summer, traveling, and it's tough. This is the last chance for Germany for a while because they're losinga lot of players and there are not a lot coming up. So it would be nice if they could medal."

Schrempf was a member of the German national team that finished seventh at the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona.

Via TheStar-Telegram

Dallas Mavericks

[h2]Deng: We'd Like To Have Gordon Back[/h2]
Aug 10, 2008 2:05 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Ben Gordon's contractnegotiations are ongoing, and it is unclear whether a deal will be reached.

"I wish the best for Ben," said teammate Luol Deng. "I know how difficult negotiations can be - the two sides have to meetsomewhere."

"Hopefully, they'll meet because having Ben, he's a great player, and we'd like to have him back."

ViaBBC

Chicago Bulls

[h2]LBJ And D-Wade Lead U.S. Rout Of China[/h2]
Aug 10, 2008 12:09 PM EST

nba_40.gif
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade led theUnited States in a 101-70 rout of China on Sunday.

Wade came off the bench to score 19 points while James added 18 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists in the win.

Yao Ming had 13 points and 9 rebounds but struggled from the field (3-for-9). Yi Jianlian added 9 points and 3 rebounds, and newly-signed Lakers' pointguard Sun Yue tallied 8 points and 2 assists in the loss.

Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant each added 13 points for the United States.

Via AndrewPerna/RealGM

Foreign

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Rubio Helps Spain Knock Off Greece[/h2]
Aug 10, 2008 12:03 PM EST

nba_40.gif
Ricky Rubio played thirteen strongminutes in Spain's 81-66 win over Greece on Sunday.

Coming off the bench, Rubio had seven points, one assist, one rebound, and one block for Spain.

Pau Gasol, Jose Calderon, and Rudy Fernandez led Spain, combining for 40 points and 13 rebounds in the victory.

Spain shot an amazing 22-for-25 from the foul line against 11-for-24 for Greece, which helped keep their advantage at a safe distance.

Via AndrewPerna/RealGM

Foreign

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Kings' Thompson Prepared To SilenceCritics[/h2]

sac_40.gif
Kings' rookie Jason Thompsonbelieves that he would have been a much-higher pick in June's NBA Draft if he had gone to a more high-profile college, according to The Sacramento Bee.

"One of the only reasons I might have been projected (in the June draft) where I was projected was because of the school I went to," Thompson saidlast month in Las Vegas.

"It had nothing to do with talent," he continued. "If I would've gone to North Carolina, or an (Atlantic-10 Conference) school, or toTemple, or a place where the conference was higher up, and averaged what I averaged (statistically) or something close to it..."

"I mean, you've got a guy like (Atlanta's) Marvin Williams, who comes out of North Carolina and wins the championship, coming off the bench andmaybe averaging eight points," Thompson continued, the exasperation building. "And he's a No. 2 pick (in 2005). I mean that's what'scrazy to me."

This dude sounds like a straight hater, Marvin averaged 15 points last season, and 12 for his career so far.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

[h2]Kings' Thompson Prepared To Silence Critics[/h2]

sac_40.gif
Kings' rookie Jason Thompson believes that he would have been a much-higher pick in June's NBA Draft if he had gone to a more high-profile college, according to The Sacramento Bee.

"One of the only reasons I might have been projected (in the June draft) where I was projected was because of the school I went to," Thompson said last month in Las Vegas.

"It had nothing to do with talent," he continued. "If I would've gone to North Carolina, or an (Atlantic-10 Conference) school, or to Temple, or a place where the conference was higher up, and averaged what I averaged (statistically) or something close to it..."

"I mean, you've got a guy like (Atlanta's) Marvin Williams, who comes out of North Carolina and wins the championship, coming off the bench and maybe averaging eight points," Thompson continued, the exasperation building. "And he's a No. 2 pick (in 2005). I mean that's what's crazy to me."

This dude sounds like a straight hater, Marvin averaged 15 points last season, and 12 for his career so far.
laugh.gif
He's talkin bout when williams was at NC, he was comin off the bench

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

[h2]Kings' Thompson Prepared To Silence Critics[/h2]

sac_40.gif
Kings' rookie Jason Thompson believes that he would have been a much-higher pick in June's NBA Draft if he had gone to a more high-profile college, according to The Sacramento Bee.

"One of the only reasons I might have been projected (in the June draft) where I was projected was because of the school I went to," Thompson said last month in Las Vegas.

"It had nothing to do with talent," he continued. "If I would've gone to North Carolina, or an (Atlantic-10 Conference) school, or to Temple, or a place where the conference was higher up, and averaged what I averaged (statistically) or something close to it..."

"I mean, you've got a guy like (Atlanta's) Marvin Williams, who comes out of North Carolina and wins the championship, coming off the bench and maybe averaging eight points," Thompson continued, the exasperation building. "And he's a No. 2 pick (in 2005). I mean that's what's crazy to me."

laugh.gif
He's talkin bout when williams was at NC, he was comin off the bench

Oh, okay, but still sounds haterish

Bulls should just sign BG to the one yr deal and pray that they can land Wade or another big name in a year or two.

Originally Posted by dreClark

How does he sound like a hater?

Its the truth....

It sounds like a hater cause there are a ton of players that get drafted low cause of their school and dont complain, they go out and prove it. Like KevinMartin. Plus Thompson was a lottery pick, so he really shouldn't be complaining.

Don't get me wrong, he could be real good, but he got to prove it first.

Kings' rookie Jason Thompson believes that he would have been a much-higher pick in June's NBA Draft ifhe had gone to a more high-profile college, according to The Sacramento Bee.
"One of the only reasons I might have been projected (in the June draft) where I wasprojected was because of the school I went to," Thompson said last month in Las Vegas.

That doesn't add up.
The headline of the story is reaching.. To me, what he is saying is the 'experts' wouldn't have had him going latein Round 1 if they just focused on his ability.

Like.....oh, I don't know..
wink.gif

Mo Williams would be great on the Cavaliers, he can shoot, he can pass, he'd compliment Bron very well (I'm a homer because he's my favorite playernot on the Mavericks, but he's good).

Originally Posted by allen3xis

QFT

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

ZBO to the Grizzlies is a new rumor out
I mentioned that in the NYK thread and earlier in this thread, but it seem like nobody really heard anything about it. It's rumored to be Darko andJaric for Randolph. I would definitely do it if we're able to dump Jaric's deal who expires the same year as Randolph's. It wouldn't hurt usthat bad and we would still have money to sign someone next off-season.

We just need Z-Bo to clean up his act and become more of a team player and have no off-court issues.

Back
Top Bottom