Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

so how's the heat line up going to look like?

starbury - dwade - beastly - trix - ???
is mark blount still a heat?

laugh.gif
Probably....dude never had the help in Vancouver and has been on badHawks and Kings teams. Dude should have demanded to be traded to a legit team when he left Vancouver. But he didn't because Shareefs a class-act player.Solid career and could put up 20 and 8-10 on a nightly basis. Always been one of my favorite players since his Cal days.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

laugh.gif
Probably....dude never had the help in Vancouver and has been on bad Hawks and Kings teams. Dude should have demanded to be traded to a legit team when he left Vancouver. But he didn't because Shareefs a class-act player. Solid career and could put up 20 and 8-10 on a nightly basis. Always been one of my favorite players since his Cal days.
pimp.gif

true...shareef was a beast in his days in vancouver and hawks hes def gonna be missed
pimp.gif
...and i think miami making a run for marbury is a good move to backupwade...this may sound crazy but i think the Lakers can go ahead and see what they can do with marbury...he can bring intensity to the bench's backcourtkind of what sam i am did for boston a year ago

I still dont know about putting Marbury on this team. If we get him, we need to find a way to get rid of Banks.

I guess I would be ok with Marbury and Chalmers, but I just hope he comes in with the right attitude if we do get him.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I still dont know about putting Marbury on this team. If we get him, we need to find a way to get rid of Banks.

I guess I would be ok with Marbury and Chalmers, but I just hope he comes in with the right attitude if we do get him.
When he was in NYK, he was the best player on the team, hands-down. The pressure got to him, his production fell, but with him AT BEST being 3rdoption (probably 4th behind Marion), he COULD do wonders for this team.

Originally Posted by dirtyxcanto

I wouldn't put Marbury anywhere near that team. He is not a winner, and for a team that COULD be on the rise, I don't see what he couldbring to the table. There should be enough scoring with Wade, Beasley, and Marion....just give Chris Quinn the starting nod, and have Chalmers come off thebench to spell him. See how it goes, and if the team is competitive (which it should be in the East), explore trade options by the deadline....bottom line,keep Marbury away from the Heat.

*he'll make some dumb $$ overseas anyways...he expressed desire to ball in Italy.

WILLINC:

Bwahahahahaha

How can you retire Hinrich's number without Collison's? Unless they're both being retired, but as far as I know it's just Hinrich.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

WILLINC:

Bwahahahahaha
qft

WILLINC:

Bwahahahahaha
roll.gif

You know Beasley can hit that 20 foot shot to win the championship.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dirtyxcanto

I wouldn't put Marbury anywhere near that team. He is not a winner, and for a team that COULD be on the rise, I don't see what he could bring to the table. There should be enough scoring with Wade, Beasley, and Marion....just give Chris Quinn the starting nod, and have Chalmers come off the bench to spell him. See how it goes, and if the team is competitive (which it should be in the East), explore trade options by the deadline....bottom line, keep Marbury away from the Heat.

*he'll make some dumb $$ overseas anyways...he expressed desire to ball in Italy.

I agree 100% and I'm a Cavs fan (sig will be back closer to season time). What position did Marion play when he arrived in Miami, I'm asking Heatfans? If Marion is planning to start at the 4, that sends Haslem to the bench...he's no center.

And Beasley + Marbury on the same team = Minnesota Vikings boat party scandal (don't ask me why, I just have a feeling)

WILLINC:

Bwahahahahaha
Glad i was able to give you a laugh
grin.gif

You know Beasley can hit that 20 foot shot to win the championship.

Sorry, if there was a point to this stupid comment I missed it.

I agree 100% and I'm a Cavs fan (sig will be back closer to season time). What position did Marion play when he arrived in Miami, I'm asking Heat fans? If Marion is planning to start at the 4, that sends Haslem to the bench...he's no center.

And Beasley + Marbury on the same team = Minnesota Vikings boat party scandal (don't ask me why, I just have a feeling)
Marion played the 3 and 4. Not sure if Beasley is gonna start at the beginning of the year. I would start Haslem and Marion to start the year andwork Beasley in off the bench, then eventually let him start at the 4, Marion at the 3 and Haslem off the bench.

And i definitely have reservations about Marbury as I already stated. I hope Riles makes the right decision.
eyes.gif

So now that Beasley's a Heat, you're going to run to his defense every time someone jokes about him?

laugh.gif

Not a good look.

And you're offended at the Marbury laugh... just in case he's going to be a Heat?

laugh.gif

So now that Beasley's a Heat, you're going to run to his defense every time someone jokes about him?

laugh.gif

Not a good look.

And you're offended at the Marbury laugh... just in case he's going to be a Heat?

laugh.gif
SKA you really make me laugh sometimes.

I did not try to defend either one, stop reaching.

If that was a Beasley joke, I just didn't get it.

And personally i could care less about Marbury. I would personally rather we didn't go after him at all, period.

Enh, seemed like you were defending Beasley, but maybe I was reaching.

As for Marbury, seems like we agree: Marbury FTL. I think he'd fit in terribly with the Heat, because I think he'd fit in terribly for any team at thispoint.

laugh.gif

Not a good look.

laugh.gif

the answer to your question is yes, he will defend Beasley to the death now that he is a Heat.

[h2]Abdur-Rahim Retires After12 Seasons[/h2]
Abdur-Rahim_Shareef_sac_071103.jpg

Sep 23, 2008 1:58 AM EST

sac_40.gif
Kings veteranforward Shareef Abdur-Rahim announced his retirement Monday, as reported by Yahoo.com

The 31-year-old Abdur-Rahim has been battling through injury problems in his right knee, which forced him to miss almost all of lastseason.

Via yahoo.com

Sacramento Kings

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Report: Knicks WillWaive Marbury This Week[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 2:12 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Newsday haslearned that the Knicks will waive Stephon Marbury by the end of the week.

The team is likely to place Marbury on waivers and then begin negotiating a buyout once he clears.

Donnie Walsh may be uneasy with the idea of paying Marbury nearly $20 million to play for another team. Owner James Dolan must givehis final approval on the decision.

Once Marbury and the Knicks have formally parted ways, Marbury will be free to sign with another team and the Heat figure to be highon the list of teams interested in his services.

Via Newsday

New York Knicks

[h2]Villanueva: BucksStopped Caring Last Year[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 5:07 PM EST

mil_40.gif
Bucks forwardCharlie Villanueva is excited about the upcoming season and claims that the team quit last year, according to Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

"Last year, it was like a snowball effect," Villanueva said. "Guys stopped caring. Now it's a freshstart."

The Bucks were 26-56 in 2008-09, last in the central division.

Via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Wizards Sign Juan Dixon[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 5:02 PM EST

was_40.gif
WashingtonWizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has signed free agent guard Juan Dixon. Per team policy, terms of the contract were notreleased.

"Juan is a proven NBA player and we like what he brings to our team," said Grunfeld. "He is a tough, hard-nosedcompetitor who can score and his familiarity with our system is an added plus."

Dixon (6-3, 165) was originally selected by Washington with the 17th overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft out of the University ofMaryland, where he led the Terrapins to the NCAA title and captured Most Outstanding Player honors at the 2002 Final Four. During his first tenure with theWizards, the Baltimore native averaged 8.2 points and 1.6 assists in 176 games over three seasons (2002-03 through 2004-05).

"I'm excited to return to the area and to resume my career with the Wizards," said Dixon. "I'm looking forwardto the start of training camp and I'm ready to step in and contribute wherever Coach Jordan and the team sees fit."

Via Press Release

Washington Wizards

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Ford, Jack WillBattle For PG Job In Indiana[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 5:01 PM EST

ind_40.gif
T.J. Ford andJarrett Jack will battle to be named the starting point guard of the Pacers in training camp, according to Indianapolis Star.

"I think T.J. and Jarrett both have the qualities of a starter," coach Jim O'Brien said. "They're both going toplay huge minutes. Another thing is, Jarrett brings toughness and energy. He's not limited to the point guard spot. He can also playtwo-guard."

Indiana acquired both players in trades this summer, with Ford coming from Toronto and Jack from Portland.

Via Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Magic Sign TwoPlayers; Will Have 16 In Camp[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 4:56 PM EST

orl_40.gif
The OrlandoMagic have signed forward Jeremy Richardson and forward/center Dwayne Jones to fill out their roster for training camp, according to OrlandoSentinel.

Richardson spend time with Memphis and San Antonio before finishing the season with Atlanta.

Jones played in 56 games for Cleveland last year and also played limited in 5 of their playoff games.

These signings bring the Magic's roster to 16 going into training camp next week.

Via Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Magic

[h2]Kings Could Get CapRelief From Abdur-Rahim[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 4:56 PM EST

sac_40.gif
If NBA doctorsconfirm that Shareef Abdur-Rahim's knee injury was the reason for his retirement, the Kings would get salary cap relief for the 2009-10 season, accordingto Sacramento Bee.

Abdur-Rahim is owed $6.6 million next season. He retired too close to the 2008-09 season to allow Sacramento to apply for cap reliefthis year.

Via Sacramento Bee

Sacramento Kings

[h2]Deron Expects Exodus InUtah Next Summer?[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 4:51 PM EST

uta_40.gif
Jazz pointguard Deron Williams hinted during a recent interview that he expects a mass exodus to occur in Utah next summer, according to Deseret News.

"A lot of guys got a little bit of pressure on them this year to perform because it's their contract year. I always thinkthat's a plus," Williams said. "I think that's another reason why this season's so important. While we have everybody here, we've gotto make a run at it and see what we can do."

Carlos Boozer, Jarron Collins, Brevin Knight, Kyle Korver, Mehmet Okur and Ronnie Price will all be unrestricted free agents nextsummer.

Via Deseret News

Utah Jazz

[h2]McMillan: Rudy PlaysThe Game The Right Way[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 4:45 PM EST

por_40.gif
Blazers coachNate McMillan says that guard Rudy Fernandez, who will finally join the team this season, plays the game the right way, according to HoopsWorld.

"For me, Rudy plays the game the right way," McMillan said Monday.

"He plays hard on both ends. He plays with his heart. You rarely see that in the NBA. You might have guys that give that efforton one end of the floor. Well, Rudy does it on both ends of the floor and that was the one thing that I got excited about."

Via HoopsWorld

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Oden: I Just Want To Win[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 6:45 AM EST

por_40.gif
Blazers'center Greg Oden is ready to begin training camp this month and is focused on winning in Portland, according to NBA.com.

"Just to win. To try to get out there and help my team win as much as possible. I'm not really worried about individualstats," Oden said of his goals for this season. "For me, if my team can make the playoffs or we can win a lot more games than we did last year, thenthat will satisfy me."

Oden also believes the Blazers have a chance to make the playoffs for the first time since 2003.

"We have a chance. Hopefully, we can get things together at the beginning of the season and become a good enough team to makeit," Oden added.

Via NBA.com

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Marion Focused On 'RightNow'[/h2]
Sep 23, 2008 6:42 AM EST

mia_40.gif
Heat forwardShawn Marion understands that he'll likely enter training camp later this week without a contract extension, according to Miami Herald.

"My focus is playing ball right now, I can't even worry about that right now," Marion said Monday. "We're stilltalking and negotiating. It is what it is right now. I'm focused on playing and that's what it's about right now."

After being traded from Phoenix in part of the Shaquille O'Neal trade in February, Marion said he hoped to reach a long-term dealwith Miami.

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat

Finally that guy is on his way out of this town, I hate Marbury, why did it take us so long to realize this guy can't do anything! I hope we get a newpoint guard because I don't trust Nate running our offense.

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness

Finally that guy is on his way out of this town, I hate Marbury, why did it take us so long to realize this guy can't do anything! I hope we get a new point guard because I don't trust Nate running our offense.
Duhon?

Pouring water on widespread speculation that the Knicks will waive Stephon Marbury, president Donnie Walsh said the controversial point guard will be with the team when it begins official workouts next week.

"He's coming to training camp," Walsh said of Marbury in a telephone interview Tuesday evening.

3099.jpg

Marbury

A newspaper report out of New York Tuesday morning said the Knicks are planning to waive Marbury by the end of the week. The move, which has been speculated about for months in the media, would eventually lead to a buyout of the $21.9 million Marbury is owed in the final year of his contract.

"This thing is initiated in the press and then I have to ask questions about it," Walsh said, sounding somewhat perturbed. "I haven't approached [Marbury] about a buyout."

When asked whether he's reached out to the point guard to alleviate concerns about his status with the team, Walsh said, "I talked to Stephon once and he seems OK about all of this."

Marbury is coming off the worst season of his 12-year career. He had a famous falling-out with his coach, president and one-time mentor Isiah Thomas, played in only 24 games because of injury, underwent surgery on his left ankle, and averaged career-lows in points (13.9), assists (4.7), rebounds (2.5) and minutes (33.6).

But at 31 years old, Marbury is still fairly young, and reports are that he spent the summer getting in the best shape he's been in in years.

Walsh also said former Knicks guard Allan Houston will probably join the team at training camp. He said Houston, 37, has been working out with the Knicks at their practice facility and that his shooting touch is as smooth as ever.

Walsh is going to meet with Houston on Wednesday to further discuss the situation. He would not guarantee Houston a spot on the roster, though.

"I don't know the answer to that," Walsh said, when asked whether Houston would definitely play for the Knicks this season. "But as far as putting the ball in the basket, he absolutely can still shoot. He has to be in more intense situations."

Houston is expected to sign a contract paying him the league minimum salary of $1.26 million for a player of 10 or more years experience, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. If he doesn't make the team, he will probably be retained in some front-office capacity.

If he does make the team, Houston, who wore No. 20 throughout his career, will wear No. 14 in honor of his dad Wade, who wore the number as the first African-American player at the University of Louisville.

Houston, who averaged 17.3 points over his 12-year career, was forced to retire in 2005 because of an arthritic left knee. He returned briefly last season before bowing out during the Knicks training camp.

Walsh said it will be different this time around.

"In that case, he hadn't worked out that much," Walsh said. "He just came in and started playing. Now, he feels like he's in better position to go out and play. I accept that."

The question is will New York still accept Marbury.

Back
Top Bottom