Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by franchise3

Rockets match the Bobcats offer for Landry in less than 24 hours.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3 year $9M deal, with the 3rd year being a team option.
pimp.gif

the season needs to hurry up already

[h2]Report: GarciaSigns 5-Year Extension With Kings[/h2]
Garcia_Francisco_sac_080219.jpg

Sep 25, 2008 10:32 PM EST

sac_40.gif
Sacramentoguard Francisco Garcia has signed a five year extension with the Kings, according to a report by ESPN.com

The deal is worth $23 million over four years with a fifth-year player's option worth $7 million.

"I still have a lot of things to prove this year, I have to raise my level of play," Garcia told ESPNdeportes.com. "Itwill be different, we don't have Ron Artest anymore, and I am prepared because the team expects a lot from me."

"I am preparing real hard to show everyone, and especially Sacramento, that they made a sound investment," Garcia said."I am confident that we are going to do a good job and that we are going to have a good season."

Via ESPN

Sacramento Kings

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Rockets Match Offer ToLandry[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 5:35 PM EST

hou_40.gif
Less thantwenty four hours after the Charlotte Bobcats signed Carl Landry to a three year offer sheet - with the third year being a team option - Rockets' GM DarylMorey announced that Houston will match the deal.

"We're really excited to have him back," Morey says. "We wanted to sign him long-term out of the draft last year;because we didn't have mid-level, we weren't able to get that done. So now we're excited to get that done, and we're going to have a great setof players in for training camp."

"We had a lot of time obviously to think about what range of money we would match and this fell into that. Also, training campcoming Monday, we want to get him in here and get the physical finished and get him here starting Monday for camp. There was a chance that this could drag outand we didn't want that to happen. We felt like we had to get Carl in at a number that didn't hurt our ability to maneuver long-term and we feel likethis does that, so we were willing to wait and I'm pleased. I've said all along that it'd be nice if someone would just sign him so we could matchand get this over with."

Via NBA.com

Houston Rockets,Charlotte Bobcats

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Pritchard: 'ThingsAre Falling Into Place'[/h2]
Sep 26, 2008 11:18 AM EST

por_40.gif
Blazers generalmanager Kevin Pritchard is happy with how things have turned out in Portland and believes that things are falling into place, according toHoopsWorld.com.

"We've worked really hard to get what we've got. We've made some incremental moves over the last few seasons,"Pritchard told HoopsWorld. "But I know this: we're not going to rest on our laurels. We're not going to be satisfied with anything less thanimprovement.

"And what we tell everybody around here - and it's kind of our motto - we want to get better today, we want to get betterthis week and we want to get better this month. If we can do that everything else is going to take of itself. We like the team. But liking the team and goingout and doing it are two different things. But we have confidence in this team...."

Via HoopsWorld

Portland Trail Blazers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Dirk: 'We All Know Avery Ran A Dictatorship'

Sep 26, 2008 10:19 AM EST

dal_40.gif
Dirk Nowitzkihasn't played a game for coach Rick Carlisle yet, but heading into the season he appears happy with the Mavericks' coaching change, according to DallasMorning News.

"I had a good time with Avery [Johnson]," Nowitzki said Thursday. "But sometimes I wish we had communicated a littlemore. We all know Avery ran a little dictatorship here. I think this league is still a league of players, not a coaches league."

Johnson's regimented style and lack of offensive creativity wore down Nowitzki and his teammates.

"Avery had a really strong will of what should go on out there, and he controlled the game a lot. I don't think there wasenough movement going on," Dirk added. "People were just sitting on our stuff, especially in the playoffs. We just couldn't scoreenough.

"I don't think we got enough easy stuff, either on the break or on cuts. Everything was post-ups or contested shots. Itwasn't easy. I don't want to use this year to bash Avery. He took us to the Finals and did a phenomenal job. He came in and brought fire andenthusiasm."

Via Dallas Morning News

Dallas Mavericks

[h2]Cheeks On 76ers: WeHave A Long Way To Go[/h2]
Sep 26, 2008 10:12 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Sixers coachMaurice Cheeks is happy to have Elton Brand in Philadelphia, but isn't sure if his team is ready to contend with the big guns in the NBA just yet,according to Courier Post.

"The way any team has any chance of winning is that they're a selfless basketball team," Cheeks said. "I thoughtthat's what our basketball team was last year and I don't think it will be any different this year."

However, no matter how selfless the team is, he doesn't think the team is ready to come out of the Eastern Conference.

"To compare us with Boston? C'mon, we have a long way to go," Cheeks said. "We're still trying to reach and seewhere we can go. That's a long stretch to think we can be the Boston Celtics."

Via Courier Post

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]KG: Repeating Is TheBiggest Challenge[/h2]
Sep 26, 2008 10:05 AM EST

bos_40.gif
Celtics forwardKevin Garnett doesn't care that his summer was cut short by an extended playoff run and recognizes that repeating as NBA champions will be a toughchallenge, according to Boston Globe.

"It's going to be the biggest challenge," Garnett said of repeating. "But I'm telling you, man, I want to taketime to enjoy these next four years. That's not to say I'm going to let up or anything like that. But I'm going to go at this [because] I like howthis felt. I need a couple more short summers like this.

"Give me a couple more short summers where I feel like with this team, [we] set our mark. Every Celtics team sort of had theirrun, and its multiples. It's only right that we set our mark in this league like Timmy [Duncan] has done it with the Spurs, Kobe [Bryant] and Shaq[O'Neal] have done it [with the Lakers]. This is my opportunity to do that. I'm trying to take advantage of it fully right now."

The Celtics played more postseason games than any team in NBA history last season.

Via Boston Globe

Boston Celtics

[h2]Lakers Rookie Sun YueHas Mononucleosis[/h2]
Sep 26, 2008 10:00 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Lakers rookieguard Sun Yue has tested positive for mononucleosis and will miss the start of training camp, according to Los Angeles Times.

He was taken to a hospital a few hours after meeting with the L.A. media for the first time on Wednesday.

There is no date for his return to the team.

"It varies on the severity of it and the individual," Lakers spokesman John Black said Thursday. "We simply don'tknow."

Via Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Marbury To Knicks: Make UpYour Mind[/h2]
Sep 26, 2008 8:19 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
According tothe New York Post, Stephon Marbury has said that if the Knicks have decided they are going to cut him they should do it now rather than prolong theprocess.

However, according to the report, with Garden chairman Glen Dolan unwilling to eat the entire amount owing on Marbury's contract,GM Donnie Walsh is giving Marbury a legitimate chance to stick with the team.

"If I'm a distraction and I'm all these different things, why would you want to keep somebody like that?" Marburyasked. "It can't be about the money. If you feel you're better without me, just let me go. If not, let's get down to the business of playingbasketball. We shouldn't be talking about me getting waived or not. We should be talking about bringing playoff life back to the Garden like when I gothere (in 2004-2005)."

Marbury said he is concerned about becoming a distraction during training camp.

"We need to concentrate on how we're going to win, not whether I'm getting waived or if I'm getting all mymoney," Marbury said.

Via New York Post

New York Knicks

[h2]WarriorsUndecided On If They Will Discipline Ellis[/h2]
Sep 26, 2008 8:11 AM EST

gsw_40.gif
Chris Mullinand the Golden State Warriors are still undecided as to whether they will fine guard Monta Ellis after Ellis was injured while riding a mo-ped, which he iscontractually prohibited from doing, the Associated Press is reporting.

Ellis originally told the Warriors he was injured playing basketball.

"I don't think anyone felt like it was the best-case scenario," Mullin said of Ellis' shifting story. "Therewere some things that should have been done differently. I think he understands that. With all that said, now is the time for him to have our support. He diddo something wrong and needs to be accountable for it, but I do think all the energy and effort goes into getting him healthy."

Ellis will miss training camp and at least several weeks of the regular season.

Via ESPN

Golden State Warriors

[h2]Raptors Unveil NewAlternate Road Uniforms[/h2]
Sep 26, 2008 8:07 AM EST

tor_40.gif
The TorontoRaptors have unveiled a new alternate jersey for the upcoming 2008-2009 season, the Toronto Star is reporting.

The new strip will primarily be black with a red insert color, with a maple leaf featured on the back neck of the jersey. The Raptorssay the maple leaf emphasizes that the Raptors are Canada's team.

"We are very excited about the concept of our new alternate jersey which brings black back into prominence while enhancing ourstaple color red," said Bryan Colangelo, president and general manager of the Raptors. "The inclusion of a maple leaf on the jersey is a tribute toall of Canada who we proudly represent."

Via Toronto Star

Toronto Raptors

[h2]Alston Cleared To PlayAfter Heart Tests[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 10:35 PM EST

hou_40.gif
Rockets guardRafer Alston has undergone tests to rule out a potential heart condition, according to a report posted on Sports Illustrated.

"Rafer had a few extra tests on his physical," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told SI.com. "Everything came backnegative. They were precautionary."

Morey declined to comment on the nature of the tests.

Via Sports Illustrated

Houston Rockets

[h2]Blazers Sign ShavlikRandolph[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 9:58 PM EST

por_40.gif
The TrailBlazers added another piece to their already strong frontline on Thursday, signing forward Shavlik Randolph, as reported by Yahoo.com.

Randolph averaged 2.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 79 games over three seasons with the 76ers.

Via yahoo.com

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Hawks Exercise OptionsOn Horford And Law[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 5:34 PM EST

atl_40.gif
The AtlantaHawks have exercised the contract options for the 2009-10 season on forward/center Al Horford and guard Acie Law, announced today by Executive VP/GeneralManager Rick Sund. Per team policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

A unanimous selection to the NBA All-Rookie First Team and runner-up for Rookie of the Year honors, Horford had an outstanding seasonin helping the Hawks reach the postseason for the first time in nine years. The first Atlanta pick to earn first team All-Rookie since Stacey Augmon in1991-92, he nearly averaged a double-double a year ago, recording 10.1 points and 9.7 rebounds in 81 contests.

During the playoffs, the 6-10 forward/center from Florida increased his totals, scoring 12.6 points and grabbing 10.4 rebounds in theseven games against Boston.

Despite battling injuries much of the 2007-08 campaign, Law was fifth among rookies in assists and third on the Hawks, to go alongwith 4.2 points per game. He saw action in 56 contests and is coming off a fine summer effort at the Rocky Mountain Revue, where he was named to theAll-Tournament Team after averaging 16.2 points, 3.6 assists, and 2.2 rebounds.

Via Press Release

Atlanta Hawks

[h2]Warriors Changing TheirJerseys?[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 4:54 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
The Warriorsare considering making a change to their jerseys that would incorporate a sketch of the San Francisco landscape, according to San FranciscoChronicle.

The team has often been criticized for not identifying its hometown of Oakland, specifically in the team's name.

An updated design could look like the classic "The City" uniforms with an image of the Golden Gate Bridge that the teamsported as the San Francisco Warriors many years ago.

Via San Francisco Chronicle

Golden State Warriors

[h2]Gilbert: LeBron Departure Speculation 'Insult' To Cleveland[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 4:51 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Dan Gilbertconsiders the speculation that LeBron James may leave the Cleveland Cavaliers after the 2010 season "an insult to the city."

He believes that the talk amounts to nothing more speculation from bored sports writers.

He says James has given no indication that he plans to leave for New York after his contract expires in 2010.

Via AP

Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Grizzlies Set To Add QuintonRoss[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 4:48 PM EST

mem_40.gif
The Grizzilesare expected to sign free agent Quinton Ross soon in an attempt to add both defense and maturity on the wing, according to Memphis CommercialAppeal.

The swingman, who played the last four seasons with the Clippers, is expected to officially ink a minimum, non-guaranteed dealFriday.

Via Memphis Commercial Appeal

Memphis Grizzlies

[h2]Amaré Could MissScrimmages With Sprain[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 4:39 PM EST

phx_40.gif
Suns'forward Amaré Stoudemire could miss some time with a left-ankle sprain when the team begins 5-on-5 play next week, according to Arizona Republic.

"It gave him enough discomfort to want to check it out," Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said.

Stoudemire suffered the ankle sprain while scrimmaging in late July and recovered after rehabilitation, but he aggravated the injuryin a pickup game with Suns players two weeks ago.

"We just want him to take it easy so it doesn't linger throughout the season," Suns head athletic trainer Aaron Nelsonsaid.

Via Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns

[h2]Knicks Sign Houston AndGrunfeld[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 3:37 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
New YorkKnickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that guard Allan Houston has been re-signed as a free agent.

They also signed Dan Grunfeld, who played for Stanford. Originally retiring on Oct. 17, 2005 following training camp three seasonsago, Houston is the team's fourth leading scorer in franchise history during the regular season (11,165) and eighth leading scorer during the playoffs(1,139).

Via Press Release

New York Knicks

[h2]Baron On Jenny CraigPlan[/h2]
Sep 25, 2008 1:06 PM EST

lac_40.gif
Inspired bycurrent spokeswoman Queen Latifah, Baron Davis started the Jenny Craig plan at the beginning of August to get in shape for basketball season.

"I know Queen Latifah, and when I saw her out there using it, I thought maybe I could use it, too, to work on my health andfitness goals and inspire others," he told People magazine.

Via People.com

Los Angeles Clippers

That's a good signing for the Kings. 'Cisco is ready to take over Artest's spot, who was holding players back (Garcia and Salmons). I'm prettyexcited about this youth movement, Hawes is pretty good and Miller is going to be good trade bait. I can't wait to see Jason Thompson, Donte Greene, andBobby Brown; I wanna see what they can do.

LMAO at Baron. At least he understands the importance of being in shape for the sport he plays.

Amare is probably goin to retire early.

On another note...

Nets young roster right now then ur throw lebron on it>>>>>>anything the cavs can do.

Vince Carter, Devin Harris, Nenad Krstic, Yi Jianlian.... so much promise.

Who are the Cavs' two best players out side of LeBron? Mo and... who? Ben Wallace? Delonte?

Whoever they are, they're not better than the Nets' Harris + Vince.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Who are the Cavs' two best players out side of LeBron? Mo and... who? Ben Wallace? Delonte?

Delonte + Boobie > Harris + Marcus Williams

Z + Ben >>>> Kristic + Boone
laugh.gif

C'mon Ska. Stop it.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

C'mon Ska. Stop it.

IMO you are right about Z and Ben but Delonte and boobie IMO = Harris and Williams

No more nenad. But you can't tell me that a squad of Devin, Yi, Brook, & the other young players don't have a bright future.

The Nets revamped for a reason. The youth on the team is built for the future. Whether or not LeBron is part of it later on (long ways to go), nobody canhonestly say this squad doesn't have promise.

laugh.gif

Damn, we still have M Will?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

& cross off Krstic & add Sean Williams & Brook to the list.

Brook, Devin, & Yi I have confidence in for the future. Then you add Sean & some of the cast we have, it looks bright.

I know these talks are focused around LeBron...but Im talking in general.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

No more nenad. But you can't tell me that a squad of Devin, Yi, Brook, & the other young players don't have a bright future.

The Nets revamped for a reason. The youth on the team is built for the future. Whether or not LeBron is part of it later on (long ways to go), nobody can honestly say this squad doesn't have promise.

laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Brook, Devin, & Yi I have confidence in for the future. Then you add Sean & some of the cast we have, it looks bright.

laugh.gif
my bad. But that makes the team look even YOUNGER. Do these NYoptimists really think LeBron would have the patience?

I doubt it with him being so close to a title already.

The Cavs are one of only 3 NBA franchises to get out of the 1st round each of the last 3 years.

The other two? San Antonio and Detroit. Pretty good company if you ask me, and they've shown that if you bang on the door frequently enough, you'lleventually bust it down.

The Nets revamped for a reason. The youth on the team is built for the future. Whether or not LeBron is part of it later on (long ways to go), nobody can honestly say this squad doesn't have promise.

laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Nope, He's a warrior now

ahhhh sarcasm in full affect. LOL

Hopefully our nets team wears name tags on the front of the jersey so people know who they are.

^Really? When did that happen?
eek.gif

laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]Free agent no more[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
Julius Hodge is signing with the Nets this week and hoping the third point guard spot on the team is his.

We will have to change the name of the blog in coming days to Training Camp Diary. It will not be Free Agent Diary anymore since I will no longer be a free agent at the end of the week. I'm signing a contract with the Nets in a few days and I'm very excited about the opportunity the team is giving me.

The third point guard spot is the one I'm definitely looking to fill. The two guys ahead of me in the depth chart, Devin Harris and Keyon Dooling, have been like big brothers for me here lately. You learn a lot from them just from watching, but also playing against them is a good thing. Besides, they give you tips of good stuff about how to handle the point guard position. They are winners and I'm very grateful to them.

They are not the only guys that have been good to me. I have to give a shoutout to my man Rick Dalatri, who's been helping me so much in the weight room since I arrived here five months ago. I'm at 222 pounds, 6 percent body fat right now. Also I have to give credit to Howard Eisley, who is teaching me a lot of useful things about the PG spot… But really, everything and everybody has been Class A since I began my journey with the Nets in the spring. Hopefully it all ends up with me staying here.

This training camp is going to be a little different for me. With the Nuggets, I was the young, excited and impressionable new guy. Now I'm more mature and more prepared. And although I know this time around I know I have nothing guaranteed, I'm not nervous. I'm hungry. And when you're hungry, what do you do? You eat. That's my mindset. That's what you learn growing up in the NYC playgrounds.

That's fine, the money spent on Harris, keyon, and hodge, is probably equal to mo's contract. That is a big problem for the cavs. They can have ben, z,wally, all out when lebron stakes begins but they will have a lot of money towards those guards leaving little to sign other players to deals.

^Mo is at $8.5m over the next 4 years. Wally is up after this season and Z can opt-out after this season (which I think he'll retire), and I think the sameis with Ben. We're going to be fine financially and, don't forget, contract-wise we can offer LeBron the most.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, while I like the Nets young core (I'm very high on Yi and Harris), the Cavs supporting cast is much better andexperienced than the Nets right now, and we haven't even really gone into the bench.

You guys are acting like the Cavs are a good team.

You insert a guy like LEBRON on any team in the east and they'll get out of the first round and knock on the door. It boils down to Nets w/o Lebron >Cavs w/o Lebron

Originally Posted by EB4President

You guys are acting like the Cavs are a good team.

You insert a guy like LEBRON on any team in the east and they'll get out of the first round and knock on the door. It boils down to Nets w/o Lebron > Cavs w/o Lebron
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom