Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Originally Posted by The Lowa

we need Davis in New York

we? as in celtics or the knicks?

The Knicks are the only NBA team in New York. I can't see Baron Davis running the point in Mike D'Antoni's offense, but could see Monta Ellisfitting in there.

ballin,

not callin you out...but to make a correction in regards to trading howard for gerald wallace and him bein too old....howard is 28 right now...wallace is only25...he may play with a more reckless style than j-ho but hes a few years younger (he came to the league after only 1 year at Alabama if im not mistaken)

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Do you really think that Cuban will go for Howard for Gerald? Gerald is very injury prone, and is getting old. I heard (just a rumor) that he was contemplating retiring soon. I dont believe everything, but you never know.

I think you guys would get ripped off if you traded Howard for Wallace straight up.

It would work better if it were Howard for Maggette and Terry for Wallace. I think that would work out better.

Regardless, anybody that gets Maggette, gets ALOT coming to their team. He is the one player I want the Raptors to take a serious run at.

Nah man, G-Dub is going on like 25 or so, he's not retiring anytime soon. He's injury-prone yes, but Josh's ankles are
sick.gif

Early in the year I would have probably said no, but now? Absolutely. Jason Richardson I'm not sure about, possibly, but I'd like another player inreturn. Jason+Matt for Stack+Josh.
pimp.gif

Also, Maggs+Gerald+Kidd+Bass on the floor at the same time =
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Glad to hear that Miami wants Boozer so they can keep Brand out they mouth.
grin.gif

btw maggette for j-high sounds good to me
smokin.gif

You know Cali got the best treez!

I doubt Boozer is going anywhere.

Knicks need to not make any trades or signings and work with the dudes we have, and WAIT.

Just signed a supposedly great coach, let him make our players better. It's a long off season.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

I doubt Boozer is going anywhere.

Knicks need to not make any trades or signings and work with the dudes we have, and WAIT.

Just signed a supposedly great coach, let him make our players better. It's a long off season.

I do think though if was can get Monta, take him. He's young and he's someone who's gonna grow with the team. Baron... ehhh, hell no.

thanks to MJDalegend for the articles

Agent: Davis wants to stay with Warriors

PA SportsTicker
Published: Saturday, May 24, 2008

Golden State Warriors point guard Baron Davis apparently does not want to test the open market.

A spokeswoman for Davis' agent, Todd Ramasar, told PA SportsTicker that the two-time All-Star wants to remain with the Warriors, refuting a report published earlier Friday.

Davis, 29, is scheduled to make $17.8 million next season - the final year of a six-year, $84 million contract he signed with the New Orleans Hornets in July 2002.

Citing an anonymous source with knowledge of the situation, Newsday reported that Davis has inquired into the interest of other teams - including the New York Knicks, who covet a point guard to run new coach Mike D'Antoni's fast-paced offense.

But Kristi Roehm, an employee of Life Sports Management (Ramasar's agency), denied the newspaper report.

"It's purely speculation," said Roehm, LSM's director of public relations.

Davis has been the driving force behind a Golden State team that has emerged as one of the most exciting and dangerous squads in the NBA. The Warriors delivered a shocking upset in the 2007 playoffs by upsetting the top-seeded Dallas Mavericks in the first round.

Despite winning 48 games this season - their highest total in 14 years - the Warriors failed to qualify for the Western Conference playoffs.

A two-time All-Star, the 6-3 Davis averaged 21.8 points and 7.6 assists in 82 games with the Warriors this past season - his third full campaign with the team.

It marked the first time since 2001-02 that the injury-prone Davis played an entire 82-game regular season. The third overall selection in the 1999 draft, Davis has averaged 17.1 points and 7.2 assists in nine seasons with the Warriors and Hornets.

a little excerpt from a larger article,
--Here's what really got me from the Newsday story, but I've waited this long: The reporter mentions that a source close to Monta Ellis says that he "definitely has eyes" for the Knicks' new uptempo style.

Classic New York summer phrasing. Writing that the Knicks are the only team left in the universe that can spend money and of course everybody wants to play for them.

Umm… I hate to point out that Ellis is a restricted free agent. The Knicks are way, way over the cap. As Newsday notes, the Knicks can only offer Ellis the mid-level. And the Warriors can match anything.

Yet Newsday warns that if the Warriors match the Knicks' mid-level offer, the Warriors might not have enough money to re-sign Andris Biedrins, too.

Are you kidding me? If the Warriors got Ellis at a salary starting at $5.7M (by matching a mid-level offer sheet), they'd have about $4M EXTRA per year to use to sign Biedrins.

Mullin would be jumping for joy if Ellis brought him back a multi-year MLE offer sheet. Does Newsday not know that?

The story also suggests, well, maybe the Knicks can do a sign-and-trade for Ellis. Involving… whom?

Thank you for the entertainment. This is the official beginning of the Silly Season.

Wizards
Etan Thomas-2 years
Darius Songalia- 2 years
Brendan Haywood- 2 years

No way are we giving up Brendan Todd Haywood and Darius for Zach Randolph. Brendan is a better player than Zach and has a cap friendly contract.

Sorry, but I have to shut you guys down on that Newsday article on Baron and Monta... It was designed to give the New York fans false hope... I mean, what bigname talent HASN'T been rumored to go to the Knicks? It just so happens to be Baron's turn to be mentioned going to New York.

Baron opting out for the Knicks? Why when the Knicks are over the cap and can't offer him anywhere close the $17.8 mil he has with the Warriors? That makesabsolutely no sense.

Monta Ellis going to the Knicks as well? Please. We can match any contract a team might want to offer Monta. And how much can New York offer? The mid-levelexception. If Monta were to try to go the Knicks and we keep him by matching the mid-level exception, I'd be ecstatic. That'd be a steal because I feelMonta is worth more than just the mid-level exception. The only teams I can see making a huge offer to Monta are the Grizzlies or Sixers... now those teamsI'm worried about because they've got that much money to spend.

Now the part about us matching an offer to sign Monta and not having enough money to sign Biedrins is laughable. Newsday never took into account how much weare under the cap. They need to do their research before they start spreading rumors.

The most likely situation for Baron is for him to demand a trade after his $17.8 mil is guaranteed with the Warriors
frown.gif
. That scenario, we have no controlover. That's where Baron's agent has the upper hand... then again, Mullin doesn't have to do anything. He can keep an unhappy Baron Davis.

I saw another article where Baron wants to stay in Golden State and totally shot down the possibility to the Knicks. So yeah, Baron to the Knicks... no way.Monta to the Knicks... no chance in hell.

[table][tr][td]Villanueva Knows Trade Is Possibility[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 24, 2008 - 8:56 am[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Villanueva_Charlie_mil.jpg
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel -
Bucks' forward Charlie Villanueva understands that there is a possibility the team will trade him this offseason, according to The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

"There are going to be some changes; it's a no-brainer," Villanueva said in a phone interview with the Journal-Sentinel. "I'm starting to hear the same rumors I heard when I was in Toronto. I can't control that."

He was traded from the Raptors to the Bucks two summers ago in exchange for point guard T.J. Ford.

Milwaukee has a new GM in John Hammond and a new coach in Scott Skiles, and changes appear inevitable after a dismal season.

"It's not the easiest feeling, but I'm more prepared for it now," Villanueva said. "Is it realistic I'll be back? I don't know. There are a lot of uncertainties." [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Originally Posted by jrp44

Come to NY Davis
pimp.gif
you gotta be kidding
sick.gif

Why man? Baron would prosper playing in a D'antoni coached system. And we can land Ellis....
pimp.gif
Our Back court would be one of the tops in the league withbaron/ellis/crawford

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Come to NY Davis
pimp.gif
you gotta be kidding
sick.gif

Why man? Baron would prosper playing in a D'antoni coached system. And we can land Ellis....
pimp.gif
Our Back court would be one of the tops in the league with baron/ellis/crawford

Did you not read GSDOUBLEU's post and my post?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Come to NY Davis
pimp.gif
you gotta be kidding
sick.gif

pimp.gif

foreal
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Come to NY Davis
pimp.gif
you gotta be kidding
sick.gif

pimp.gif

foreal
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Only on NT
laugh.gif

Come to NY Davis
pimp.gif
you gotta be kidding
sick.gif

pimp.gif

Just like how Houston, Crawford and Marbury were supposed to be the best back court in the NBA
laugh.gif

whoever wrote that article was just talking out his *#@ without any facts-if Monta leaves the Warriors, NY is the least likely place, they have no shot withtheir cap situation. Now, Memphis on the other hand, that is a slight possibility because Monta may want to go back home. But still, there's a 98%chance he'll re-sign with the Warriors.

About Baron, no way he opts out...and the Knicks don't have the $$$ to sign him, pretty much the only way possible is a trade like doing Baron forMarbury+No. 6 pick, which no Knick fans would want to do anyway. So Baron is NOT going to NY anytime soon, he's a Cali dude anyway and if he left theWarriors a likely destination for him seems to be the Clippers.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Glad to hear that Miami wants Boozer so they can keep Brand out they mouth.
grin.gif

btw maggette for j-high sounds good to me
smokin.gif

You know Cali got the best treez!

Sorry sir, but the rumored deal is the one we had before, JET for Maggs.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by Proshares

^ I'm not too sure about that...
How so? I mean, im not going to attack your opinion and say what source, but from what the Raps organization, as well as the media understand, Andrea isnt going anywhere. The Raps will give him one more year to shine. If nothing happens after that, then I think he may be moved.

Sorry wasn't actually responding to your post but the post above you about BD to NY.

Originally Posted by The Lowa

So melo is staying in Denver?

Logic would say yes. However, the Denver FO is notorious for making horrible decisions. I will lose all respect for the team if George Karl stays andMelo goes. That said, I would be very surprised to see Melo traded though, very surprised.

Back
Top Bottom