Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

man if that melo trade were to happen, that would be horrible for the Pistons. Billups,iverson, Rasheed, prince, and Nene would be a much better team than what the Nuggets have right now. They would play with better chemistry. But the Pistons would probably not be a lock for the Eastern Conference finals.It's ironic that the Pistons are interested in Melo when they could have drafted him.
i still laugh about thhat till this day
laugh.gif

Melo would have never fit in with that Pistons team. Just look at the Olympics when he played under Larry Brown. The only other players that would have fitwere Chris Bosh, Chris Kaman, and David West.

^

Brown hardly gave Melo any burn.

And how about the 2 other Olympics where he performed really well.

Pistons should trade billups and sheed for iverson and nene. They desperately need iverson's ability to be the superstar scorer. I would take iverson overcarmelo cuz iverson plays with heart, he can create for others and he tries to play defense. where as carmelo just shoots and nothing else.

Dumars is overrated as a GM. He did a good job constructing the Pistons using scraps from other teams to form a cohesive whole... but part of working like thatis relying on luck that those scraps will play well together. He pulled it off, but that doesn't make him the mastermind that he's made out to be.

Perhaps he looks so good because he came in an era of Scott Layden, Zeke, and Mitch 2001-2007 Edition.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

^

Brown hardly gave Melo any burn.

And how about the 2 other Olympics where he performed really well.

Question wasn't about Melo's performance in the other Olympics, it was his performance under Larry Brown, the Pistons coach at the time.

The Cavs are looking to bring in Romel Beck (Castro) and he is supposed to be playing for their summer league team. Thats an athletic shooter who can runalongside Bron. I have been looking for his stats from this last season in Italy, but from what I hear he put up 20 a game and we saw what he did in FIBA lastsummer.

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

The Cavs are looking to bring in Romel Beck (Castro) and he is supposed to be playing for their summer league team. Thats an athletic shooter who can run alongside Bron. I have been looking for his stats from this last season in Italy, but from what I hear he put up 20 a game and we saw what he did in FIBA last summer.

I watched Beck at UNLV and in that FIBA tourney....but he aint a legit answer to Bron

The urgency this summer to secure more help in the frontcourt will intensify this week when Orlando Magic backup center Adonal Foyle opts out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent. Foyle, 33, is expected to exercise his option, leaving behind the $1.26 million that the Magic would have paid him next season under the original two-year contract he signed on Aug. 24, 2007. Orlando Sentinel

Foyle's opt-out and probable departure -- which is a surprise -- would add to the Magic's summertime list of things to accomplish
and further emphasize the need to strengthen their defense and rebounding around star center Dwight Howard. Foyle, who did not return phone messages left for him at his home in California, must notify the Magic by June 15. Orlando Sentinel

The Magic expect to add at least one other frontcourt player either through the draft, free agency or a trade this summer.
Orlando Sentinel

Guard Keith Bogans, who also has an opt-out clause in his contract, is not expected to exercise his option. Bogans, who served as the backup shooting guard, will be paid $2.9 million next season. Orlando Sentinel

Guards Maurice Evans, Keyon Dooling and Carlos Arroyo will become unrestricted free agents on July 1, along with forward Pat Garrity. Little-used power forward James Augustine will become a restricted free agent. Orlando Sentinel

Foyle, who averaged 1.9 points and 2.5 rebounds while playing just 9.4 minutes a game behind center Dwight Howard, could still re-sign with the Magic, but that isn't likely.
Orlando will get back center/power forward Tony Battie, who missed all season following shoulder surgery, and power forward Brian Cook, who missed the final six weeks because of a broken right hand. Florida Today

Otis Smith said he's been given "full assurance" Bogans plans to stay in the final year of his contract that will pay him $2.9 million. Bogans doubled his career best in 3-pointers made (148), ranking 22nd in the NBA. He averaged 8.7 points and 3.2 rebounds in the regular season and 7.3 points and 4.2 rebounds in the playoffs. Florida Today

Daniel Gibson was never quite the same after a severe high left-ankle sprain in February, and there was a reason. Gibson had some bone spurs and some loose bodies in the ankle after the injury he suffered against the Indiana Pacers on Feb. 20, which knocked him out for more than a month. The Cavaliers announced Gibson had them removed in an arthroscopic procedure Tuesday in his hometown of Houston. Akron Beacon Journal

Gibson will be on crutches for a week and will then begin rehab work. The Cavs expect him to be ready to go by training camp in late September. Gibson decided to have the surgery now to make sure he would be back for training camp. Some of the damage came from previous ankle injuries from earlier in his career. Akron Beacon Journal

Anderson Varejao decided last week that he would skip playing for Brazil in the Olympic Qualifying Tournament to focus on getting his left ankle healthy. Akron Beacon Journal

Sasha Pavlovic, who suffered severe foot and ankle sprains during the season, will not play for the Serbian National Team this summer.
Akron Beacon Journal

Concerned about his back, the Cavs also have, so far, denied permission for Zydrunas Ilgauskas to play on the Lithuanian National Team in the Olympics. Akron Beacon Journal

Coach George Karl was asked if the Nuggets might trade Carmelo Anthony. He didn't rule it out but said the Nuggets won't be "irrational or out of control in our decision making."
"We know we have a good team," said Karl, at Game 3 of the Finals to support his son, Lakers guard Coby Karl. "But we also know we're disappointed. ... We're going to keep all windows of opportunity and windows of advancement and betterment ... open. But I don't think we have crazy guys in the front office who are going to do something wild." Regarding Anthony trade reports, Karl said: "90 percent of the stuff that I read makes no sense." Rocky Mountain News

Joe Dumars knew the first week after he put his entire team on the trading block with the exception of Rodney Stuckey, he would receive plenty of calls. Among them was a conversation with the Denver Nuggets. And among the topics of discussion was Carmelo Anthony, a player the Pistons passed up in the 2003 NBA draft to instead select Darko Milicic. Joe Dumars pulling off such a deal is still unlikely to happen, but it's not as crazy and far-fetched as it might seem based on comments Dumars made at today's press conference to announce Michael Curry as the team's new head coach. Booth/MLive

Dumars stressed that no deal involving Detroit trading for any player is imminent, but he made it abundantly clear that it's going to take a player of Anthony's caliber for him to break up this core group. Like any good GM, Dumars wouldn't go into detail regarding recent conversations about specific players to possibly trade for, but he did shed some light on where his head's at on the matter. Booth/MLive

"I will say this. We're not talking to teams about their second and third-best player," Dumars said. "My point has been look, 'if I'm going to put these guys on the market, then don't waste your time talking about guys you don't like.' That's where it is now. Nothing is imminent. But I've talked to at least 10 teams." Booth/MLive

"I think I may have talked to Denver," Dumars said, doing his best to hold back from smiling. Does this mean Detroit is trying to pry Melo from Denver? Absolutely not. Booth/MLive

Dumars said that he has talked to at least 10 teams, but nothing was imminent. Some of the rumors that have been floated (namely regarding Carmelo Anthony) have been about teams he hasn't even talked to yet. Detroit News

So, it would figure that this season Warriors fans could breathe easier knowing that Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis are restricted free agents. Neither player looks to be going anywhere. Which is good, right? Or is it? Restricted free agency will give the Warriors the final call on whether or not they will re-sign Biedrins and Ellis. It might seem like a no-brainer, but it could turn into a nightmare for executive vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin.
Examiner

Monta Ellis will likely command more money than Biedrins and all it will take is one team to make him a lucrative offer and put the Warriors in an uncomfortable bind
. At that point, they'll have two choices, both bad. It is no secret that the Grizzlies will have a boatload of cash this offseason, and they just happen to play in Memphis, all of three hours from Ellis' hometown of Jackson, Miss. The Grizzlies are said to be targeting Ellis, who has turned into one of the most explosive backcourt scorers in the league. Examiner

If the Grizzlies sign Ellis to an offer sheet that starts in excess of $10 million per year, it is going to put the Warriors smack dab in the middle of no-man's land
. Common sense dictates Mullin would almost have to match the offer. After all, Ellis is the most dynamic Warriors player since ... well, Arenas. Ellis has improved every year, and if he adds a 3-point shot, there's no telling how good he can become offensively. Examiner

Also up in the air is the status of power forward Elton Brand and small forward Corey Maggette. Both can opt out of their contracts and become restricted free agents. Dunleavy reiterated that he thought both would be back with the Clippers next year, one way or another. Daily Breeze

"I can tell you what's going to happen in the process, not just our process, but every (team's) process because there's no money out there," Dunleavy said. "If EB opts out, I think there's a good chance he'll be back with us. If he doesn't opt out, he'll definitely be back with us. I think the same thing for Corey." Daily Breeze

With the June 30th date looming when the Clippers have to tender Livingston at least a one-year, $5.8 million contract offer, the distinct possibility exists that a decision might have to be made before Livingston is seen in at minimum, a one-on-one game. Livingston was injured Feb. 26, 2007, when he landed awkwardly, while sailing in for a lay-up, against the Charlotte Bobcats. He tore all the major ligaments in his knee, along with suffering a dislocated knee cap and cartilage damage. Orange County Register

Reportedly, Livingston has been doing more explosive work lately but Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy and vice president of basketball operations Elgin Baylor both said Tuesday that as of yet, Livingston has not done anything besides skills work. When asked where the Clippers were in terms of making a decision on Livingston, Dunleavy said, "That's not a decision we have to make for a couple of weeks. It depends on what we hear from the medical staff and where he's at the time the decision has to be made." Orange County Register

In regards to Clipper mainstays Elton Brand and Corey Maggette, Dunleavy said that he fully expected both to be back in Clipper uniforms for the 2008-2009 season. This despite the fact that both players can opt out of the final year of their respective contracts this summer. Orange County Register

Brand is due to be paid $16,440,000 next season while Maggette is on the books for $7 million. Brand still has not said whether he will opt out or not, although there have been rumblings that he strongly is considering not only opting out but signing with another team. Orange County Register

Maggette intends to opt out but has stated that his preference is to sign a new multi-year contract with the Clippers, who can offer him more money than any other team.
Orange County Register

Originally Posted by tupac003

Monta Ellis will likely command more money than Biedrins and all it will take is one team to make him a lucrative offer and put the Warriors in an uncomfortable bind. At that point, they'll have two choices, both bad. It is no secret that the Grizzlies will have a boatload of cash this offseason, and they just happen to play in Memphis, all of three hours from Ellis' hometown of Jackson, Miss. The Grizzlies are said to be targeting Ellis, who has turned into one of the most explosive backcourt scorers in the league. Examiner

If the Grizzlies sign Ellis to an offer sheet that starts in excess of $10 million per year, it is going to put the Warriors smack dab in the middle of no-man's land
. Common sense dictates Mullin would almost have to match the offer. After all, Ellis is the most dynamic Warriors player since ... well, Arenas. Ellis has improved every year, and if he adds a 3-point shot, there's no telling how good he can become offensively. Examiner

laugh.gif

There is no way in hell the Warriors let Monta go.
They will do everything in their power to sign him, and since he's an restricted Free agent, he has to come back.
They trade JRich just so they could have the type of $$$ to sign him
If it comes down to Biedrins or Monta(which it won't, see Richardson's trade), Biedrins will be changing area codes.

Ellis is staying in GSW unless Memphis gives him an absolutely crazy deal. And, if that happens, Memphis will be putting themselves in a bad position bygiving him a contract he doesn't deserve.
BOTH Ellis/Biedrins will be Warriors next year. 99%. Biedrins really genuinely seems to want to be a Warrior for his career, and Ellis thrives in our system.Those two are even more untouchable than Baron; no way Mullie will let either one of them go.

^^ Johnny Red what u smokin. LOL Trade Brand for billups. NO way. How about my clippers keep brand and add biliiups via trade of some other player. I believethe draft is going to play a big role in Brand's decision to saty in LA. Hopefully we select the right person and he stays. I want Magette to stay also butI would be willing to let him go pr do a sign and trade to get something in return. Better yet (I hate saying this because he's my boy) let magette go andmake Agent Zero an Offer.

Kaman
Brand
Thorton
Mobley
Agent Zero

Draft DJ Augusyine or Mayo for Backup PG Duties

laugh.gif
@ Warriors saying no chance Monta leaves but welcome EB.

I will be very surprised if EB goes anywhere.

Come on down to Dallas Corey.
nerd.gif

Just like how the Warriors are expected to match any offer for Monta and Andris, I think the Clips would match any offer for Brand. Now Magette, I thought theywere trying to trade Magette away so I'm not so sure on his status.

Yeah I don't think there is anyway anybody goes anywhere.

The teams they are on can offer the most money.

If I'm Elton Brand, I opt out and take less money to go elsewhere... He's almost 30, if he really wants to win, he needs to find a new home. TheClippers aren't going to be contenders in the foreseeable future while he's still in his prime.

If I'm the Clips, I seriously consider trading Brand for a point guard like Billups. Brand has been a little roughed up and is only getting up there inage. Billups is a proven winner and capable point guard. Maybe try to get Amir Johnson in that trade as well orr McDyess.

So, if Davis wanted to leave because ya'll wouldn't have the money for him after giving Ellis and Biedrins all the money how would Ellis run that team?He isn't a playmaker for other teammates and Davis helped make him what he is today. It's not going to be that easy for GS to keep both of them, sosomething is going to shake up. Ellis would be playing in the same system in Memphis as well. Just think if the Grizzlies traded up to Minny to get the 3rdpick for the 5th pick and got either Mayo or Beasley, sign Ellis, and they will be surprising people once again.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So, if Davis wanted to leave because ya'll wouldn't have the money for him after giving Ellis and Biedrins all the money how would Ellis run that team? He isn't a playmaker for other teammates and Davis helped make him what he is today. It's not going to be that easy for GS to keep both of them, so something is going to shake up. Ellis would be playing in the same system in Memphis as well. Just think if the Grizzlies traded up to Minny to get the 3rd pick for the 5th pick and got either Mayo or Beasley, sign Ellis, and they will be surprising people once again.

Uhh...Baron has 17 million reason to stay in Oakland for this next season, something he'll get regardless of whether or not Monta or Andris get signed.

Back
Top Bottom