Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Of course, there could be better options up the road north, in Oakland, where the Warriors have to figure out what they'll do with both point guard Baron Davis and defensive-minded center-power forward Andris Biedrins. Davis could also opt out, and Biedrins is a restricted free agent. Package them in a deal to Washington with Arenas as the centerpiece? If I'm Grunfeld, I'd do it in a heartbeat if the option was signing Arenas to a max contract. The Warriors are said to still have some regret over the way they lost Arenas to the Wizards after they selected him in the draft. The Warriors also have to figure out what to do about free agents Monta Ellis and Kelenna Azubuike.

laugh.gif
@ "The Warriors also have to figure out what to do about free agents Monta Ellis and Kelenna Azubuikie". I like Wilbon and all but I thoughtit's been already made clear to the public that Mullin will re-sign Ellis at all costs and we're going to waive good bye to Kelenna. I know it'snot official yet, but with the way that Wilbon puts it, it's not like we're undecided on what we want to do with these two players. We know what wewant to do, we just haven't made it official yet.

Wilbon also says "Warriors have to figure out what they'll do with both point guard Baron Davis and defensive-minded center-power forward AndrisBiedrins. Davis could also opt out, and Biedrins is a restricted free agent". Again Wilbon makes it seem like we're undecided. Mullin already made itclear that Biedrins is going to be the #2 priority behind Ellis. Biedrins has already expressed his desire to stay in Oakland. He loves it here and doesn'twant to go to another team... so common sense tells you that Andris will be a Warrior next season. About Baron though, that's where Wilbon has it right.The Warriors are undecided on what to do with Baron... well let me put it in another way, Baron is undecided on what to do. It all lies with Baron and what hewants to do. The Warriors would welcome him back but not at the money that Baron's asking for. The Warriors already know what they want to do with Baron.Baron, however, has the option to opt out but most Warrior fans believe that he's not going to opt out. No one's going to pay Baron $18 mil nextseason. I'm going to go on a limb here and say that you'll see Baron Davis in a Warriors uni next season.

About the Warriors being bitter over the way we lost Arenas, sure we're bitter because we were restricted from re-signing Arenas... so Wilbon got it rightthere. But if we're going to package a deal to send Baron and Biedrins to Washington... common sense tells me no. We're not going to trade Biedrinsunless something totally knocks our socks off and Baron + Andris for Gilbert + filler doesn't accomplish that. The Warriors are high on Biedrins'potential and do not want to trade him.

laugh.gif
i swear, the national media just makes up random stuff about the Warriors a lot of times. Baron+Andris for Gilbert? Wright+14th pick for Yi Jianlian? Youhave GOT to be kidding me
roll.gif
roll.gif

If we trade Baron+Andris, I want someone WAY better than Gilbert. No knock on him...Let's say we make that trade. it becomes...
Gilbert/Monta/Stephen/Al/Wright(? Kosta?) Our frontline just becomes even worse. Makes no sense. at ALL. We are definitely not a better team and our"interior presence" only gets worse.

Al+filler for Gilbert is cool with me though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Al+filler for Gilbert is cool with me though
laugh.gif
I'd do that in a heartbeat
laugh.gif

I mean, Washington already has Caron at the 3 and Antawn at the 4, but since Harrington played the 5 last year, I could see him fitting in nicely...

laugh.gif
j/k

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

If Memphis couldn't get Ellis, they would definitely look to get Azubuike to start at the 2 spot.

If you guys really want Azubuike, go ahead... He opted out today...
[h1]Azubuike Opts Out Of His Deal With Warriors[/h1]
Jun 13, 2008 5:28 PM EST

Guard Kelenna Azubuike has decided to opt out of his contract, making him a restricted free-agent this summer, according to The San Francisco Chronicle.

He joins teammates Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins in free agency. Azubuike made $797,581 last season and is looking at a nice raise after posting 8.5 points and 4.0 rebounds per game.

"I think everybody would hope that it would get done early," said Mike Higgins, who represents Azubuike. "But I don't envy them because they have a lot on their plate. Just like with any team, they only have a certain amount of dollars to spend, and a lot of guys to sign."

Via The San Francisco Chronicle

Like I said, the Warriors aren't expected to try to re-sign Kelenna so he could be all yours... Just don't go after Ellis
laugh.gif
.Mullin's got him #1 on his priority list this offseason.

Marcus Camby's days as a Nugget could be limited, according to an NBA source, because he is the most attractive player they would be open to moving. It's no secret Denver is looking to trim salary after a disappointing season. Boston Globe

Teams have shown little interest in Kenyon Martin and Nene because of their injury concerns and contracts. While the Nuggets would trade Allen Iverson, he is expected to exercise an option that will pay him a hefty $20.8 million next season. Boston Globe

And while there have been rumors about Carmelo Anthony being moved, he is one of the most talented players and would be tough to replace. Somebody has to go, though. Camby, the 2007 Defensive Player of the Year, will make $11.25 million next season and $10.9 million in 2009-10
. The 34-year-old averaged 9.1 points, 13.1 rebounds, and 3.6 blocks last season. He could be a fit for a veteran team in need of a big man such as Detroit, San Antonio, Miami, or Dallas. "You hear trade rumors every summer around this time," said Camby. "You just got to take it with a grain of salt. Denver is where I want to be. But I definitely want to be where I'm wanted." Boston Globe

The Grizzlies hope to get another Gasol in uniform soon. They have the fifth pick in this year's draft, and if they can quickly sign Spanish center Marc Gasol, brother of Lakers big man Pau Gasol, they feel they can add two marquee young players for next season. Boston Globe

Marc Gasol isn't under contract with the Grizzlies, but there are a lot of factors in their favor as they hope to sign him.
During Pau's time with the Grizzlies, his brother played at Memphis Lausanne High from 2001-03. Their parents and a younger brother still live in Memphis - and Marc says he "loves it there." Also, if he wants to play in the NBA, it has to be with Memphis since it owns his rights. Boston Globe

Emeka Okafor becomes a restricted free agent July1. In one sense, that's a big deal: He is the highest-drafted player in Bobcats history (No.2 overall in 2004) and as a shot-blocking big man, he'd be the hardest to replace. But in another sense, this isn't such a huge deal: "Restricted" means the Bobcats would have the option to match any other team's offer for Okafor. It's common knowledge around the NBA that the Bobcats previously offered Okafor more than $12million a season to re-sign. Charlotte Observer

The list of teams that could assemble anything approaching $12million under the salary cap this summer is small.
Plus, I'm not sure any team would choose to offer Okafor more than the Bobcats already have. Based on NBA documents I've seen, only three teams could make such an offer this summer - Philadelphia, Washington and Memphis. Philly is already paying Sam Dalembert a ton to be a shot-blocking center. Washington has to re-sign Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison. Memphis is anything but a free-spending franchise. Charlotte Observer

Golden State has shown interest in Villanueva and Bucks power forward Yi Jianlian in the past.
The Wizards apparently are looking for a player who can immediately fit into their rotation. Racine Journal Times

It's almost a foregone conclusion that either Michael Redd or Mo Williams will be jettisoned to another zip code this summer. Redd has piqued the curiosity of a bunch of teams, including the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers. But Redd has two guaranteed years left on his contract for $33 million, plus a player's option for another $18.3 million. Racine Journal Times

It wouldn't surprise some NBA officials if former Bucks forward Marcus Haislip signs an NBA contract this summer. Haislip, the Bucks' No. 1 draft pick in 2002 - the 13th overall selection - played well for Unicaja in Malaga, Spain this season. Racine Journal Times

In some ways, Posey is the modern-day Robert Horry. He makes good teams better. Already, the plan is for Posey to opt out of the $3.4 million he otherwise would receive next season from the Celtics. Ironically, the Lakers figure to be among the suitors. That would make sense. The Heat, at this stage, would not. For all that James Posey has become, he certainly is not the cornerstone for a rebuilding team. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

First, Gery Woelfel writes in the Racine Journal-Times that the Bucks will be shopping guards Mo Williams and Michael Redd this summer and says the Knicks have showned some interest in Redd
. It's almost a foregone conclusion that either Michael Redd or Mo Williams will be jettisoned to another zip code this summer. NY Newsday

The fact that Redd's contract goes beyond 2010 is an issue for the Knicks cap-wise, but Redd is the kind of shooter who would thrive in the D'Antoni system
. I personally think they need to focus more on the point guard situation than on finding more shooters. NY Newsday

Another story that made for an interesting read comes from the Detroit Free Press, which suggests that Zach Randolph would be a good fit for the Pistons and an easier get than Carmelo Anthony. The Pistons are looking for a consistent low-post scorer. NY Newsday

Originally Posted by tupac003

Marcus Camby's days as a Nugget could be limited, according to an NBA source, because he is the most attractive player they would be open to moving. It's no secret Denver is looking to trim salary after a disappointing season. Boston Globe

Teams have shown little interest in Kenyon Martin and Nene because of their injury concerns and contracts. While the Nuggets would trade Allen Iverson, he is expected to exercise an option that will pay him a hefty $20.8 million next season. Boston Globe

And while there have been rumors about Carmelo Anthony being moved, he is one of the most talented players and would be tough to replace. Somebody has to go, though. Camby, the 2007 Defensive Player of the Year, will make $11.25 million next season and $10.9 million in 2009-10
. The 34-year-old averaged 9.1 points, 13.1 rebounds, and 3.6 blocks last season. He could be a fit for a veteran team in need of a big man such as Detroit, San Antonio, Miami, or Dallas. "You hear trade rumors every summer around this time," said Camby. "You just got to take it with a grain of salt. Denver is where I want to be. But I definitely want to be where I'm wanted." Boston Globe

The Grizzlies hope to get another Gasol in uniform soon. They have the fifth pick in this year's draft, and if they can quickly sign Spanish center Marc Gasol, brother of Lakers big man Pau Gasol, they feel they can add two marquee young players for next season. Boston Globe

Marc Gasol isn't under contract with the Grizzlies, but there are a lot of factors in their favor as they hope to sign him.
During Pau's time with the Grizzlies, his brother played at Memphis Lausanne High from 2001-03. Their parents and a younger brother still live in Memphis - and Marc says he "loves it there." Also, if he wants to play in the NBA, it has to be with Memphis since it owns his rights. Boston Globe

Emeka Okafor becomes a restricted free agent July1. In one sense, that's a big deal: He is the highest-drafted player in Bobcats history (No.2 overall in 2004) and as a shot-blocking big man, he'd be the hardest to replace. But in another sense, this isn't such a huge deal: "Restricted" means the Bobcats would have the option to match any other team's offer for Okafor. It's common knowledge around the NBA that the Bobcats previously offered Okafor more than $12million a season to re-sign. Charlotte Observer

The list of teams that could assemble anything approaching $12million under the salary cap this summer is small.
Plus, I'm not sure any team would choose to offer Okafor more than the Bobcats already have. Based on NBA documents I've seen, only three teams could make such an offer this summer - Philadelphia, Washington and Memphis. Philly is already paying Sam Dalembert a ton to be a shot-blocking center. Washington has to re-sign Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison. Memphis is anything but a free-spending franchise. Charlotte Observer

Golden State has shown interest in Villanueva and Bucks power forward Yi Jianlian in the past.
The Wizards apparently are looking for a player who can immediately fit into their rotation. Racine Journal Times

It's almost a foregone conclusion that either Michael Redd or Mo Williams will be jettisoned to another zip code this summer. Redd has piqued the curiosity of a bunch of teams, including the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers. But Redd has two guaranteed years left on his contract for $33 million, plus a player's option for another $18.3 million. Racine Journal Times

It wouldn't surprise some NBA officials if former Bucks forward Marcus Haislip signs an NBA contract this summer. Haislip, the Bucks' No. 1 draft pick in 2002 - the 13th overall selection - played well for Unicaja in Malaga, Spain this season. Racine Journal Times

In some ways, Posey is the modern-day Robert Horry. He makes good teams better. Already, the plan is for Posey to opt out of the $3.4 million he otherwise would receive next season from the Celtics. Ironically, the Lakers figure to be among the suitors. That would make sense. The Heat, at this stage, would not. For all that James Posey has become, he certainly is not the cornerstone for a rebuilding team. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

First, Gery Woelfel writes in the Racine Journal-Times that the Bucks will be shopping guards Mo Williams and Michael Redd this summer and says the Knicks have showned some interest in Redd
. It's almost a foregone conclusion that either Michael Redd or Mo Williams will be jettisoned to another zip code this summer. NY Newsday

The fact that Redd's contract goes beyond 2010 is an issue for the Knicks cap-wise, but Redd is the kind of shooter who would thrive in the D'Antoni system
. I personally think they need to focus more on the point guard situation than on finding more shooters. NY Newsday

Another story that made for an interesting read comes from the Detroit Free Press, which suggests that Zach Randolph would be a good fit for the Pistons and an easier get than Carmelo Anthony. The Pistons are looking for a consistent low-post scorer. NY Newsday

indifferent.gif
Why the hell would the Knicks want Michael Redd, and who thehell do the Bucks want in return. It seems like ESPN just makes rumors up for the hell of it when they're bored.

Carmelo would be a nice addition for Detroit, but going after Zach Randolph would be terrible move.

The Bulls should make a push for Melo or RIP.

Monta is staying in GoldenState and Okafor is staying in Charlotte.

Marc Gasol has been practicing with his brother during the Finals
923a02326c20744259ac621094f76bc3-getty-81330572cc074_2008_nba_fina.jpg

d1020a3e5482ec3eadc3fd4a4298d947-getty-81330572cc073_2008_nba_fina.jpg

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

indifferent.gif
Why the hell would the Knicks want Michael Redd, and who the hell do the Bucks want in return. It seems like ESPN just makes rumors up for the hell of it when they're bored.
It wasn't ESPN. It was reported by Racine Journal Times. But I agree. A lot of these stories where they have "sources" seemsfabricated.

The Lakers better not sign Posey, I HATE him more than any player in the NBA. He is a despicable human being.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

The Lakers better not sign Posey, I HATE him more than any player in the NBA. He is a despicable human being.

But he's a great spot up shooter who could make a team better....he's clutch and he could give the Lakers another piece to the puzzle...the thingis, if that did happen, they would have two players who are primarily shooters (Vujacic & Posey)

We don't have room for Posey with Ariza and Vujacic. We'd also have to get rid of either Radmanovic or Walton or both somehow.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

But he's a great spot up shooter who could make a team better....he's clutch and he could give the Lakers another piece to the puzzle...the thing is, if that did happen, they would have two players who are primarily shooters (Vujacic & Posey)

Posey's a big time defender, if anything he takes time away from Ariza. Plus Posey is a winner and adds soem veteran leadership to that bench.

Yeah, I don't see how Posey would make sense for the Lakers... Get Ariza healthy, and he's going to be just fine in that role...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yeah, I don't see how Posey would make sense for the Lakers... Get Ariza healthy, and he's going to be just fine in that role...
Yeah Ariza is a Posey-like player but since the Lakers are thinking about bringing him in I'm just saying the positives to that...

Any fresh news about Jermaine O'Neal?

Yeah Ariza is a Posey-like player but since the Lakers are thinking about bringing him in I'm just saying the positives to that...

Hell no.
Posey could shoot circles around Ariza.

We need to get rid of either Luke or Vlad this summer, we have too many SFs

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Hell no.
Posey could shoot circles around Ariza.

We need to get rid of either Luke or Vlad this summer, we have too many SFs

When I mean't they are similar I mean't they are both role players who can give their team a boost when it's needed....but anyway, keep Vlad,rid yourself of Luke Walton

I absolutely love Ariza and wish he was still a Knick, but for the Lakers Posey is the better player. He jsut brings more to the table than Ariza could atthis point in his career.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I absolutely love Ariza and wish he was still a Knick, but for the Lakers Posey is the better player. He jsut brings more to the table than Ariza could at this point in his career.
Ariza's what, 21? 22?
Let him grow at the 3 spot, he's still REALLY young.

Give his time as a legit starter

Ariza's what, 21? 22?
Let him grow at the 3 spot, he's still REALLY young.
That's my thing... Ariza is young, long, athletic... He's got all the makings of a very good defensive player. He needs to shoot the airout of several basketballs this offseason but there's loads of potential, IMO...

Don't see the point of adding a guy like Posey when you've got a potential answer to that position in a younger, cheaper option like Ariza... Go outand fill a real hole with the MLE, rather than adding another player at a position where you've already got too many players.

Back
Top Bottom