Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

If that happens
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

keep dreaming

seriously.
Monta is even more untouchable to the Warriors than Baron is at this point. What makes people think Mullin is going to trade Monta to the Knicks?

Originally Posted by tupac003

Former Knicks star Allan Houston told The Post he still is interested in playing next season. Houston, 37
, attempted a comeback with the Knicks prior to last season before deciding the fit wasn't right. NY Post

Any updates on H20's progress?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ESPNNEWS is saying the wiz resign Jamsion to a 4 year deal. EH IMO

Jamison is a good fit for that ballclub, IMO.

Doesn't really need the ball to be effective, can shoot the 3, and it's only a 4 year deal.

Arenas' 6 year $100M+ deal coming off an injury and how the Wizards for the most part played well without him is more cause for concern, really.

6 years 100 mill?

laugh.gif

All that means is the Wizards won't do anything of significances in the next 6 years

Just a bunch of first and 2nd round exits

Originally Posted by AlphaQup523

Hopefully Artest doesn't opt out. I rather see Artest then that bum Salmons.
alien.gif

?

Salmons put up crazy numbers and plays intense defense. Defends Kobe better than Artest.

i don't really know how salaries and exceptions work, but is this possible?

if Artest were to opt out

could the Lakers NOT resign sasha,

use that money + mid level exception for Artest

which would be better than the salary Artest would have in Sacramento?

Okay maybe Salmons isn't exactly a bum, bu he only put up those kind of numbers when he started. Why couldn't he put those numbers up when he came offthe bench?

Originally Posted by AlphaQup523

Okay maybe Salmons isn't exactly a bum, bu he only put up those kind of numbers when he started. Why couldn't he put those numbers up when he came off the bench?

for any NBA player, it's hard to transition from being a starter to a bench player

factor in the playing time, the unit you're playing with, and the other team's players you're going up against
you can compare it to driving a car to work/school then all of a sudden switching to taking a bus to work/school
it's gonna throw off your routine. But given enough time, you should adjust to it.

you can compare it to driving a car to work/school then all of a sudden switching to taking a bus to work/school
actually it would be like driving a car but after somebody else had driven it and for less time in an easier to navigate city.

so essentially his per 48 should be the same.

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

The midlevel is set at what it is.

You can't add to it.

Pat Riley said the Heat has an interest in re-signing swingman Ricky Davis
Please, No

6 years 100 mill?

laugh.gif

All that means is the Wizards won't do anything of significances in the next 6 years

pretty much,

You could sign Artest to the full MLE (he's said numerous times he doesn't want the MLE). The LLE I believe is under 2 million a year, and I knowSasha wouldn't accept that. That's two players that would demand more money, VERY unlikely.

As for Jamison, he's great for the Wizards. He's a good rebounder for his size, he's quick, he's a good shooter.

It says the Suns plan to ship out Leandro Barbosa, are there any potential trades on the table?

I only heard of trading him for draft picks and fillers.

Ehh I can't see Kobe and Gil working out well. Not enough basketballs in LA unless Kobe is fine with Gil handling the ball most of the time.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You could sign Artest to the full MLE (he's said numerous times he doesn't want the MLE). The LLE I believe is under 2 million a year, and I know Sasha wouldn't accept that. That's two players that would demand more money, VERY unlikely.

As for Jamison, he's great for the Wizards. He's a good rebounder for his size, he's quick, he's a good shooter.
From what I understand (this isn't going to happen but I will explain anyway...) The lakers could sign ron to the full MLE. The lakers are stillallowed to go even further over the cap to re-sign their own players. So if they pay artest the full MLE they could still go over the cap to re-sign sasha andronny because they still belong to the lakers untill somebody else signs them.

To be honest I don't see sasha coming back....if he is serious about getting 5-6 mil a year let him walk. He alreayd got stuck with one bad deal with luke.I don't want to see it happen again.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

6 years 100 mill?

laugh.gif

thats the main reason i said EH to resigning Jamison i think its need for a change down there, they got enough young talent to still be in the playoff race

and why would anyone want Monta Ellis? let the warriors over pay for him because he only fits there system. have him in other with him running point and hegets exposed. he fits no team in the NBA other then Golden state.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You could sign Artest to the full MLE (he's said numerous times he doesn't want the MLE). The LLE I believe is under 2 million a year, and I know Sasha wouldn't accept that. That's two players that would demand more money, VERY unlikely.

From what I understand (this isn't going to happen but I will explain anyway...) The lakers could sign ron to the full MLE. The lakers are still allowed to go even further over the cap to re-sign their own players. So if they pay artest the full MLE they could still go over the cap to re-sign sasha and ronny because they still belong to the lakers untill somebody else signs them.

To be honest I don't see sasha coming back....if he is serious about getting 5-6 mil a year let him walk. He alreayd got stuck with one bad deal with luke. I don't want to see it happen again.

I'm not completely sure how that whole thing works, you could be right, and probably are.
laugh.gif

Bigmike, Monta can fit in a lot of teams, he's basically a smaller version of Kevin Martin, and K-Mart excels in Sacramento. The teams that CAN sign himis another issue, I think it's only Memphis or something like that. Monta is a very good player, and he's young, I don't see the Warriorsoverpaying unless they go into 14/15 million, I say he'd get anywhere from 9-11 million a year, and I'd say that's fair for his abilities, he canstart @ SG for most teams.

Originally Posted by Respect21

It says the Suns plan to ship out Leandro Barbosa, are there any potential trades on the table?

I only heard of trading him for draft picks and fillers.

The most realistic return I've seen mentioned is Corey Maggette through a sign and trade... The probably the best the Suns could hope for, and seemslike a deal I'd be a fan of if I were a Suns fan...

And for those asking, you can't add onto the MLE. Unless the Lakers are under the cap, they can't offer Artest more than the MLE. But they would stillbe able to go back and extend Sasha, as signing Artest to the MLE has no effect on signing or extending your own players. Just more luxury tax to be paid, butJerry Buss ain't trippin...

Back
Top Bottom