Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Wizards got GOT.

laugh.gif

[h1]Paul's agent to meet with Hornets Wednesday regarding extension[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: July 1, 2008, 4:46 PM ET

NEW ORLEANS -- Chris Paul's agent plans to travel to New Orleans on Wednesday with the intention of completing a contract extension that would keep the All-Star and Team USA point guard with the Hornets for an additional three to five years.

3930.jpg

Paul

Lance Young, a senior director of the sports marketing and management company Octagon, said Tuesday that he had spoken to Hornets general manager Jeff Bower by phone and that they were in general agreement on the terms of an extension for Paul, who has one season remaining on his current contract.

"We seem to be pretty much on the same page," Young said. "A little tweak here and there and we'll probably get it done in the next 48 hours."

Paul is seeking the maximum pay allowable under the league's collective bargaining agreement, or about 25 percent of the NBA salary cap with 10 percent raises going forward. Such a deal would pay Paul from $60 million to more than $80 million, depending on the length of the contract.

"It could be three, four, or five years. We haven't really got into any details yet," Young said. "Chris wants to stay with the Hornets. It just depends on how long he's going to be there."

Tuesday marked the first day NBA teams could begin negotiations with free agents or current players who are seeking extensions.

Last season, Paul's averages of 11.6 assists and 2.7 steals per game led the NBA. He was second in MVP voting to the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant.

Paul also was the Hornets' second-leading scorer, averaging 21.1 points per game in helping the Hornets reach a franchise-record 56 regular season victories.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Way to go Mullin! He basically handicapped the Wizards' financially by upping the price on Gilbert...

... but that doesn't solve our hole at PG
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

127 mil???

GAD DAMN!!!

DoubleJs about to come in here mad as hell....
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Wow...

As always....That 3rd contract is where the big money is at... Boozer about to do the same *%@%...

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

That deal makes NO cot dam sense....Here's the part that I don't like. Gil as we know ALWAYS talks out of both sides of his mouth. This is thesame dude who has said:

1. Won't re-sign unless Jamison is retained (check)

2. Will take less than a MAX deal to free up $ for other roster moves (______???)

I dunno if he has signed on the dotted line yet, but if Gil is a man of his word then he needs to go back a few months and remember what he said. This maxdeal could cripple the team for a year or two (until AD and Etan come off the books). I just don't see the point of giving a max deal to a guy coming offof 2 major knee injuries in the past 1 1/2 years. They love continuity here in DC, and they must also love being a 40-45 win club. As you all know I'm aWizards fan all day...but, I don't see us being any better than 4th or 5th in the conference for a long time. There are upstart teams who I feel couldpass us, and then you have the likes of Cleveland, Boston, and Detroit. I just think it's going to be the same BS we are accustomed to watching year inand year out. As I've said before, we are still as soft as baby poo and nothing has been done to make us a better defensive ball club on the interior. Optimism has been thrown out the window.

Why is everyone so shock about 127 mil offered to Arenas? Didn't this guy score 60points once? 50 points 3 times? This guy is worth the $$ in my opinion.

Hornets locked up CP3 for the next 4-5 years

7aa14680b75f377411d745528a4cf737ecd28f.gif

eek.gif
no wonder Baron opted out, Warriors offered Arenas a significant deal

This guy is worth the $$ in my opinion.
Can you say he can lead a team to a championship?

To me that's the question that has to be asked when giving that kind of contract.

And the answer is undoubtedly, a no.

If you want a decent, competitive team...sure, he can be that guy. But to win a championship, go deep in the playoffs...absolutely not.

Same applies to Baron, and any other scoring PG to ever come along.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Why is everyone so shock about 127 mil offered to Arenas? Didn't this guy score 60points once? 50 points 3 times? This guy is worth the $$ in my opinion.

He did all of that on good knees.

He is NOT worth a max deal

From a financial standpoint, Gilbert puts butts in seats. Gilbert is a top 5 personality in the League.

OK Gil aint worth 127 but with a decent frontline he would work imo the Wiz should try to do a sign and trade for a good big. Brand? Or maybe a solid 20-10guy, or get a legit PG. Kirk? my oh my would I love if you took Kirk off out hands

This has nothing to do with anything, but am I the only one who loves seeing Chris Broussard on ESPN?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

4 big games and your a $127 mill player? Isiah is that you??????

SMH...when was the last time agent zero played the entire season ???? lulz @ wizards as a franchise.

Man I dont think you should pay any player that much money but when Gil comes back healthy next year and beasts like he did 2 yrs ago most of you guys will besinging a different tune

Originally Posted by ill4eva

Well, it sounds like the Celts just made an offer for Corey Maggette. I have no clue as to how much was offered, but I'm guessing it would be the MLE.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

After seeing Elton Brand and Baron Davis unexpectedly put themselves on the free-agent market, Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest is second-guessing himself for not doing the same.

Artest told ESPN.com on Tuesday that he wishes now he had opted for unrestricted free agency, like Brand and Davis, instead of electing to play out the final year of his contract with the Kings next season at $7.4 million.

Artest also conceded that his long-term future is likely not in Sacramento, saying via e-mail: "I don't see myself with [the] Kings beyond 2008-09.

"I think I made the biggest mistake by staying in my contract and I have to live with it," Artest said. "I had some misleading information [in making the] decision on not opting out. [But] I still thank G-d for all his blessings and being able to play basketball and help people."

Artest let his opportunity to become a free agent pass Monday as he had been vowing to do for weeks. The 28-year-old preferred to put off free agency until next summer, figuring that he'd likely only generate contract offers this summer starting at the mid-level exception -- which was $5.4 million last season -- and believing that a big 2008-09 season would increase his chances of securing a long-term deal from either the Kings or someone else.

Before announcing his decision, Artest said last week: "Even if I was to opt out, which probably won't happen, I will never accept a mid-level exception. So people trying to figure out possibilities should get that out of their heads."

But by declining to walk away from the final year of his current contract -- and thus surrendering the right to choose a new team -- Artest might actually have increased the likelihood that he winds up playing elsewhere between now and next February's trading deadline.

At what amounts to an expiring contract valued at less than $8 million, Artest has a very tradeable salary in spite of any concerns about his controversial past.

The Kings seriously explored the market for Artest at the February trading deadline, most notably in talks with the Denver Nuggets.

The Los Angeles Lakers have been widely expected to revisit past trade interest in Artest, given Artest's friendship with Lakers star Kobe Bryant and after L.A.'s toughness and defense were subjected to heavily criticism during the NBA Finals. It's also presumed that Lakers coach Phil Jackson would be an ideal boss for the mercurial swingman, but trades between teams from the same division -- especially teams that have the contentious history that the Lakers and Kings share -- are always complicated.

The Kings far exceeded most preseason forecasts by posting a 38-44 record under rookie coach Reggie Theus. Artest had one his best statistical seasons -- averaging 20.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 57 games -- and has claimed often that the Kings would have been right there with the eight 50-win teams in the West if not for the injuries suffered by leading scorer Kevin Martin and ex-Kings guard Mike Bibby as well as the 25 games Artest lost to injury and suspension. Artest missed the first seven games of the season serving a seven-game league ban after a no-contest plea to infliction of injury on his wife.

That was the latest transgression in a career full of missteps -- a list that most notably includes Artest's suspension for the remainder of the season for his role in the infamous Detroit Pistons-Indiana Pacers brawl in November 2004 -- but Artest has been actively working to address doubts about his reliability. He is heavily involved with the NBA Players Association's humanitarian efforts in Africa and elsewhere abroad, signed on this season as a spokesman for PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and has volunteered in recent weeks to do television work for the WNBA's Sacramento Monarchs, who are likewise operated by Kings owners Joe and Gavin Maloof.

Artest also unsuccessfully reached out to USA Basketball officials earlier this month in a bid to convince them to consider him as an 11th-hour candidate for this summer's China-bound Olympic team.

"My basketball skill and my character and community work speaks for itself," Artest said. "I believe in them and believe it can work for an organization."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3469895

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, it sounds like the Celts just made an offer for Corey Maggette. I have no clue as to how much was offered, but I'm guessing it would be the MLE.

Back
Top Bottom