Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

^ What a joke!
laugh.gif

BTW props to the Clipper braintrust and Elton Brand for making everyone think he's leaving the Clips when inking Baron was the very reason why he will re-sign with the Clips
pimp.gif
yea because baron davis will make you a title contender right?

We're not done making offseason moves to talk about being on contender status but at age 29 B-Diddy puts us in the postseason for the next few years fasho!
pimp.gif
are you sure?

we are talking about the west not the east. even with a healthy BUM Diddy, you guys wont make the post season....

what team do you expect to drop off?

The nuggets?

Then you have the blazers coming in....

The Warriors?

BUM Diddy or not you guys will be lucky to sniff the playoffs....

We need money for josh smith, iguodala and louis williams, if ed can pull this off we will a very scary team for years to come, can you imagine the speed of a
lou will
carney
iggy
thad
smith

lineup? that would be splendiferous...cmon eddy Im beggin you here...philly news says that we're gonna make on offer to smith 2morrow, barring he takes itwe would just have to sign back iggy and lou

Originally Posted by acidicality

Arenas is great, but I don't want to throw the money we have at him. Mullin is definitely doing a panic move there. Same with the Elton Brand thing. I want the WArriors to go after Josh Smith even though it may be in vain. Or even Iguodala. It's not likely at ALL, but if we're going to throw that kind of money around, we should add someone who can definitely be a nice part of this young core-and the best part, Smith and Iggy can play good defense.

but they cant shoot for $%%%....

Brand, Arenas> AI2 and Josh Smith

I've kind of opened up to signing Brand, but if we actually DO get him it'd be the craziest thing ever.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Wizards still have enough money after re-signing Jaimison and Arenas to go after Posey?

If Gil signs for less than the Max, then we'll have some flexibility. I would LOVE to have Posey on the squad. He's the type of defender/dirtyplayer that the team hasn't hand since they dropped the name "Bullets." The thing that worries me is that our PG issue hasn't been solved. We need a true pass-first PG on the roster. I'm counting the days until AD is gone.

We need money for josh smith, iguodala and louis williams, if ed can pull this off we will a very scary team for years to come, can you imagine the speed of a
lou will
carney
iggy
thad
smith

lineup? that would be splendiferous...cmon eddy Im beggin you here...philly news says that we're gonna make on offer to smith 2morrow, barring he takes it we would just have to sign back iggy and lou
Aren't you in desperate need for someone who can hit a jumpshot? Smith isn't that guy.

If the heat were to go after Brand I would much rather them give up marion, definitely not beasley, thats a huge part of our future and brands not worth thatmuch.

Whoever signs Posey will get a steal... Dude plays lock down D and can hit the 3 consistently.
I'd love to have this cat on my squad.

are you sure?

we are talking about the west not the east. even with a healthy BUM Diddy, you guys wont make the post season....

what team do you expect to drop off?

The nuggets?

Then you have the blazers coming in....

The Warriors?

BUM Diddy or not you guys will be lucky to sniff the playoffs....
You sound like a salty W's fan. Go take a smoke break
indifferent.gif

miamin2 wrote:
If the heat were to go after Brand I would much rather them give up marion, definitely not beasley, thats a huge part of our future and brands not worth that much.

I would put a sniper on Riles if he trades Beasley. Especially since I just copped my home Authentic for almost $200.00.

people need to chill with this blazers in the postseason crap...they're scary as hell on paper, but they gotta get in first. some of you seem to forgetthat a good warriors team missed out on the playoffs this past season.

What people are forgetting about the Blazers is....free agency. All those young players are gonna want their full potential amount when it's their turn toget rich.

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

What people are forgetting about the Blazers is....free agency. All those young players are gonna want their full potential amount when it's their turn to get rich.

What people are forgetting about the Blazers is...their owner is the 41st most wealthiest man IN THE WORLD. If they get close please believe he'll payto make things happen.

I don't see why the speculation about Josh Smith and Philly are gaining so much steam. Is it just because Josh is the closest thing to a good PF for a teamthat needs one and has cash to spend?

Adding Josh would just be adding to the core of players that, in a broad sense, do a lot of the same things. Iggy/Smith/Thadeus Young would just be a trio ofplayers that have awfully similar skill sets - need to score close to the basket, solid perimeter defenders, long and athletic, average but inconsistentjumpers, lots of off-nights - whether or not you want to put one of them in the PF spot or not.

It would also solve none of their needs - dependable outside shooting, tough, big-bodied interior scoring and defense.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

What people are forgetting about the Blazers is....free agency. All those young players are gonna want their full potential amount when it's their turn to get rich.

What people are forgetting about the Blazers is...their owner is the 41st most wealthiest man IN THE WORLD. If they get close please believe he'll pay to make things happen.

Not that simple. When you have to pay Roy, Oden, and Aldridge probably $10 million a year or more, in addition to the raises they'd have to giveOutlaw, Frye, and Webster, even the 41st wealthiest man in the world wouldn't really want to spend unncecessary money on the luxury tax. I'd expect atleast a few of their major role players to leave for bigger opportunities, and perhaps one of their bigger stars as well.

i hope brand doesnt go to the warriors...posey and barry to the Lakeshow i heard is a rumor too i hope that can happen...man thats wat we needed in that bostonseries...more veterans!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

What people are forgetting about the Blazers is...their owner is the 41st most wealthiest man IN THE WORLD. If they get close please believe he'll pay to make things happen.

Not that simple. When you have to pay Roy, Oden, and Aldridge probably $10 million a year or more, in addition to the raises they'd have to give Outlaw, Frye, and Webster, even the 41st wealthiest man in the world wouldn't really want to spend unncecessary money on the luxury tax. I'd expect at least a few of their major role players to leave for bigger opportunities, and perhaps one of their bigger stars as well.

Well, I don't think Aldridge will be a 10 million a year player, unless he decides to overpay. Frye isn't a necessity to this team, althoughI'd say Outlaw/Webster is. If these guys can buy into the philosophy, than the team can be dangerous. If the chemistry of the guys is there, things canhappen. If players are willing to take paycuts (Tim Duncan) for the betterment of the team, it's possible. Rudy Fernandez is already taking a huge paycutfrom the Euro leagues to play in the NBA (though, his dream is to play in the NBA, not necessarily with the Blazers). Incentives though..
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

It just depends on how well the chemistry is in the locker room, as well as the philosophy Pritchard will teach to these guys. What they also could haveused was a coach like Larry Brown. A seasoned vet who will come in and teach these guys how to win. Nothing against Nate, but we'll see how he does withthese guys. Also, Pritchard has done an EXCELLENT job dealing/drafting, and we'll see if it continues once they become a threat in the West.

Everyone wanted Posey last summer too, huh?

Typical player on a title team becoming instantly overrated. He fit in perfectly there, and that group of guys made everyone look better than what they are.

He goes anywhere else now for the money he wants and he won't be worth it.

(he's still a solid rotation guy tho)

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Everyone wanted Posey last summer too, huh?

Typical player on a title team becoming instantly overrated. He fit in perfectly there, and that group of guys made everyone look better than what they are.

He goes anywhere else now for the money he wants and he won't be worth it.

(he's still a solid rotation guy tho)

Thing is, he's being compared to Corey Maggette and Corey is worth MORE than the MLE, but that's the offer he keeps getting because all the topteams want him, yet can't afford to pay for anymore.

Posey was key to the Heat, and he was even more key to the Celtics. I don't necessarily want him on MY team, but I can see why. He doesn't chuck, heplays good defense, he can knock down shots.

James Posey is a solid player, always has been, since his days with the Nuggets. I never understood how a guy with such great D and an almost money 3-pointshot (when open) went under the radar for so many years.

Back
Top Bottom