Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

Originally Posted by petermans

^^
Well, 20 mill is alot but what if he likes the atmosphere of L.A and playing with Davis and for the clippers. Lets be real even though players play for the money they have lives too and they would like to enjoy it in a place where they would have fun.

are you trying to say...he won't have fun in GS?

running up and down the court is not part of brands offense.... i dont watch a lot of clippers basketball but i do when the lakers are not on , and you cantell , he is not a player that will run up and down the court all game... its to fast for him... especially after that injury... he would be dumb to sign withGS..

I'm pretty sure nothing big is gonna happen in the Golden State Warriors organization. Except for the fact that AR4 and BW32 are gonna make an impact nextyear!!!

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

^^
Well, 20 mill is alot but what if he likes the atmosphere of L.A and playing with Davis and for the clippers. Lets be real even though players play for the money they have lives too and they would like to enjoy it in a place where they would have fun.

are you trying to say...he won't have fun in GS?

running up and down the court is not part of brands offense.... i dont watch a lot of clippers basketball but i do when the lakers are not on , and you can tell , he is not a player that will run up and down the court all game... its to fast for him... especially after that injury... he would be dumb to sign with GS..

it's okay, the other 4 players can still runNgun
grin.gif
. That was sortathe mind set when webber was still on the team.

but seriously...no doubt about it, IF brand does join GS, they are going to have to change up the philosophy.

Elton Brand in GS would fit in fine with no problem of run and gunning. Brand and the team would be able to adjust a bit and make it work. If any of youremember the old sacramento kings with bibby, webber, peja, and the rest of the guys vlade was the starting center and fit fine even though he was slow and hadno athletic ability. Shaq went to Phoenix in a run&gun style and he fit fine as well.

acidicality wrote:

^^

laugh.gif

A diss to the Bay Area I see....

laugh.gif

Nah Man, I actually wanna move to the Bay area.

Philadelphia is still waiting to find out whether it might even have more than its estimated $11 million in salary-cap space once the league officially announces next season's cap ceiling for all teams. All signs continue to point to the Sixers signing Josh Smith to a lucrative offer sheet as early as Wednesday. The Atlanta Hawks would then have seven days to match and continue to insist privately that they'll match any offer Smith gets. ESPN.com

It is widely presumed that Chicago will soon trade guard Kirk Hinrich now that the Bulls have drafted Derrick Rose with the No. 1 overall pick, with Golden State likewise assumed to be atop the list of Hinrich suitors given the void created in the Warriors' backcourt by Davis' departure. ESPN.com

But NBA front-office sources insist that there is some sentiment in the Bulls' organization to keep Hinrich -- a favorite of Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf -- and play him at shooting guard alongside Rose while trying to move restricted free agent Ben Gordon in a sign-and-trade to fill another Chicago need. ESPN.com

It's believed that Maggette, without an offer from a team with cap room, favors San Antonio if he has to sign a contract starting at the midlevel. But he has also drawn similar interest from a variety of enticing contenders -- Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Orlando, New Orleans and Utah are the known suitors -- and the Lakers would be a dangerous suitor if they wanted to get involved given Maggette's close relationship with Kobe Bryant. The Lakers, though, would have to abandon any interest in resigning Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf to sign Maggette, and the team still favors retaining those two key reserves. ESPN.com

There's a strong sense that the Warriors would prefer to chase restricted free agents Josh Smith (Atlanta) and Luol Deng (Chicago) with the money they threw at Brand, although Maggette's status as an unrestricted free agent -- who thus doesn't have to sign an offer sheet that could tie up a team's money for seven days -- makes him easier to pursue. ESPN.com

Maggette knows his career with the Clippers is over unless Brand stuns the league and goes to Golden State. The high-scoring swingman has no shortage of suitors offering him a multi-year deal starting at the midlevel exception, which is expected to approach $6 million for next season, but Maggette hasn't abandoned hope that a team with salary-cap space (Philadelphia or Golden State) will come after him. ESPN.com

Yes, the Cavs want Corey Maggette, the Clippers shooting guard who walked away from a $7 million option. Like Boston, San Antonio and some other teams, the Cavs are offering Maggette a "full level exception" which starts at $5.8 million. Cleveland Plain Dealer

The Cavs are talking to restricted free agents Daniel Gibson and Delonte West, and they want both back. So far, talks have been productive, especially with Gibson. The hope is both players saw how restricted free agents Anderson Varejao and Sasha Pavlovic held out with rather poor results. Cleveland Plain Dealer

The Cavs have looked at Golden State restricted free agent Monta Ellis, but it's hard to imagine the Warriors allowing the 22-year-old guard to leave. It's also doubtful they'd want to put together a sign-and-trade, as they expect Ellis to take the lead in their backcourt, especially after losing Baron Davis to the Clippers. Cleveland Plain Dealer

Yes, the Cavs also are talking to James Posey. So are several other teams. Cleveland Plain Dealer

The Cavs reportedly do have an interest in Raymond Felton, but so far, new Coach Larry Brown wants to keep both point guards. But Larry Brown also is very prone to changing his mind, so the Cavs would be wise to keep talking to Charlotte about this subject. Cleveland Plain Dealer

In need of a point guard, the Golden State Warriors are expected to see what they can get in a trade for PF Al Harrington. SportingNews

Free agents: One who has been drawing a lot of interest: PF Eduardo Najera, who helped his stock by extending his shooting range to the 3-point line. Some old friends -- the Dallas Mavericks, and his old Mavericks coach, the Warriors' Don Nelson -- are interested in Najera, along with the Nets, New Orleans Hornets and his current team, the Denver Nuggets. SportingNews

One source close to the process said Sunday night that Elton Brand's decision should be public knowledge within the "next 24 to 48 hours." Another suggests that the Clippers have known since the middle of the last week that they would have to wait until after July 4 to confirm Brand's intentions. ESPN.com

If next season's cap is indeed $59 million or thereabouts, Golden State will be able to offer Brand a five-year deal worth just over $95 million, according to multiple salary-cap experts ESPN.com has consulted. ESPN.com

But even if Brand is not interested in the extra sixth year that only the Clippers are allowed to offer him and insists on a five-year deal -- as my tireless colleague Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports -- L.A. can still assemble a five-year deal worth $80-85 million and give Davis his estimated $65 million over five years. ESPN.com

There's something else only Sterling can offer Brand that could help the Clippers seal this deal. A no-trade clause. As we've covered often in this cyberspace, no-trade clauses in the NBA are extremely rare. But Brand meets all the prerequisites needed to get one and join fellow Staples Center resident Kobe Bryant on the short list of players known to possess specific no-trade language in their contracts. ESPN.com

Derrick Rose has spent the past few days battling tendinitis in his right knee, something that he dealt with at times during his lone season at Memphis. AP/Arizona Republic

But the Clippers are in the playoff conversation. So is Portland, a .500 team last season without Greg Oden playing a game. Denver remains a player, as does a suddenly improved Minnesota team. Only Oklahoma City, Sacramento, Memphis and Golden State appear destined to be on the outside looking in. It's clear there are too many contenders for the eight playoff spots. Even if the Clippers don't mesh, Portland might. Dallas Morning News

Come on Philly.

If we don't come out this summer w/o a big signing I'm going to be pissed

Wait.... so a lineup of Foye, Miller, Gomes, Jefferson, and Love makes you a playoff contender? Really?

It's gonna be an awful shame having to hate Maggette if he goes to the Spurs evil darkside. But the Spurs must be dealt with. No more title contentions forthem, please.

But NBA front-office sources insist that there is some sentiment in the Bulls' organization to keep Hinrich -- a favorite of Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf -- and play him at shooting guard alongside Rose while trying to move restricted free agent Ben Gordon in a sign-and-trade to fill another Chicago need. ESPN.com

That's a good look. Captain Kirk is a solid guard. And it would be best for Chi to hang on to him for the short term at least.

As far as Brand, we already know how them Duke boys do when it comes to loyalty and money.

p1_boozer.lebron_getty.jpg

4824953.jpg

Son set the blueprint.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

That's a good look. Captain Kirk is a solid guard. And it would be best for Chi to hang on to him for the short term at least.

No. Kirk is garbage.

It's believed that Maggette, without an offer from a team with cap room, favors San Antonio

Hmm, not so fast.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/07/04/rivers_gives_maggette_call/

[h1]Rivers gives Maggette call[/h1] [h2]Free agent still considering offer
By Marc J. Spears
[/h2]
[h2]Globe Staff / July 4, 2008[/h2]

A day after talking with Celtics coach Doc Rivers, a longtime family friend, Clippers free agent forward Corey Maggette said he is seriously considering an offer to join the NBA champions.

Maggette said he is still in awe about being contacted by the Celtics and has been mulling over their contract offer as well as interest from several other teams.

An NBA source said the Celtics offered Magette the full midlevel exception, expected to be worth $5.8 million.

The Celtics have made offers to their own forward, James Posey, and Maggette, but it's doubtful they can accommodate both. While there is no news regarding Posey, Maggette said he could be coming to Boston in the near future to visit with the Celtics. Free agents can't sign until Wednesday.

"I don't want to hold the Celtics up or [general manager] Danny Ainge," said Maggette in a telephone interview. "I talked to Doc . . . I'm not going to hold them up. I know they are still looking at James Posey. But I'm still weighing my options."

Maggette averaged a team-best 22.1 points as well as 5.6 rebounds for the Clippers last season. The 6-foot-6-inch, 228-pounder played for Rivers in Orlando during the 1999-2000 season.

Maggette said Rivers, his fellow Chicago native, called Wednesday.

"We shot the breeze," said Maggette. "He asked about my family. My mom went to the same high school [as Rivers]. My family has known his family for a long time. I'm very comfortable with him."

Even with Maggette's scoring ability, he would be expected to come off the bench with Boston behind All-Star wing players Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. Maggette said he would have no problems with a reserve role.

"I don't mind," he said. "If you want to win, you have to make sacrifices. With their caliber of players, that's what you have to do.

"Going to a championship team would be exciting to me. Going to a team that can win and has tradition is exciting."

The Clippers aren't expected to re-sign Maggette after they landed free agent guard Baron Davis Tuesday with a five-year, $65 million contract. But if Golden State gets Clippers free agent forward Elton Brand, the Clippers could have a change of heart regarding Maggette. Clippers owner Donald Sterling is a big fan of Maggette. Other teams interested in Maggette include the Spurs, 76ers, Warriors, Hornets, Magic, Jazz, and Cavaliers.

As for the Clippers' situation, Maggette said, "I'll know soon. If not, that's the nature of the business and I'll move on. If not, I'll definitely want to call to thank [Clippers] coach Mike Dunleavy and [GM] Elgin Baylor and let them know I appreciated my eight years there."

Maggette was a teammate of Celtics free agent guard Sam Cassell with the Clippers from 2005-08. They recently shared some Celtics talk.

"He said to come out to get a ring," Maggette said.

Sounds like the Celtics will win this.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Maggette in Cleveland???

Lonte, Bron and Mags
pimp.gif

Maybe
nerd.gif

No disrespect. But that doesn't sound like it'll put fear in anyone's heart.
laugh.gif

Why the Celtics aren't more actively trying to resign Posey boggles my mind.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
at booz just leavin I still remeber that

Still wouldn't mind getty comin to the pistons
pimp.gif

But I don't wanna lose prince
smh.gif
we really need to take the cuffs off of him
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Why the Celtics aren't more actively trying to resign Posey boggles my mind.
Agreed. That dude killed us, I don't see how Corey would have helped them more in that series then Posey did.

But hell if I care, let Posey leave, hopefully he comes to help us out.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom