Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Can the Hornets get a starting shooting guard that I don't absolutely despise? Mo Pete, and now potentially Posey?
indifferent.gif

Come on.

indifferent.gif
as a hornets fan i would love to have posey on the team...

i mean i think the celtics are dumb to let him go but i'll gladly take him

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Can the Hornets get a starting shooting guard that I don't absolutely despise? Mo Pete, and now potentially Posey?
indifferent.gif

Come on.

indifferent.gif
as a hornets fan i would love to have posey on the team...

i mean i think the celtics are dumb to let him go but i'll gladly take him
Thats it this James Posey business has killed me the most hes ever averaged as a pro was 14 points, plays decent D and teams are falling overthemselves to sign him?

Sixers sign Brand...then do a sign and trade to Atlanta for Josh Smith in exchange for Dalembert...you heard it here first...

Thats it this James Posey business has killed me the most hes ever averaged as a pro was 14 points, plays decent D and teams are falling over themselves to sign him?
EXACTLY. Let's not forget what team he played on last season.

I don't care about "the little things". I want a shooting guard that can get to the rack at will. Peja does the shooting.

Maggette would be perfect.

Thats it this James Posey business has killed me the most hes ever averaged as a pro was 14 points, plays decent D and teams are falling over themselves to sign him?
You'll LOVE Posey in no time. He does all the little things to help out the team and is a dependable shooter.
If you're looking for a 25-30 PPG scorer out of him then look else where. Posey is a team guy. He doesn't force up shots, instead lets thegames come to him. It's the defensive end where he shows his worth. Add in a consistent jumper to go with his hustle and you have an asset that any teamcan afford to go after.

daprescription,

Obviously it wouldn't be straight up but that's what they're discussing now.

KLJ,

I feel you in that regard to Posey. I don't see where he would fit in the Hornets system. They need a Michael Redd type SG. Someone who doesn't needthe ball to dominant at that position because Paul sets up the offense.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by daprescription

Azubuike > Pietrus.
at what? bench warming

Have you even seen him play? Azubuike is a better defender, doesn't commit bone head fouls, better 3 point shooter, doesn't shuffle his feet everyother play.

4r40ae.jpg

Care to say anything else? You already look foolish, so a little more wouldn't hurt
happy.gif

^Yea I agree. Azubuike is underrated around the league though. I remember watching a few Warriors games and Pietrus would miss wide open 3's left and rightbut when Azubuike came in playing the same role he would knock it down. He definitely plays with a lot more intensity also.

Azubuike plays a better overall game than Pietrus, from what we saw last year.
To Pietrus' credit he did play pretty well down the stretch last year. But I'll take Kelenna over him anyday.

Stefanski is a straight G...
pimp.gif
...He's done more in his short stinthere then King did in his entire career...

miller
iggy
young
Brand
Dalembert

That is a scary team on paper, and with them being in the east, i can see the sixers making more noise competing with Boston and Pistons.

LA Times reporting that Brand has agreed to deal with 76ers...

Elton Brand agrees to go to the 76ers

Elton Brand, who opted out of his contract with the Clippers, could become a teammate of center Andris Biedrins with the Golden State Warriors, although Biedrins is also a free agent.
The verbal, five-year deal is believed to be in the $80-million range. Philadelphia was the latest team to join the bidding frenzy for Brand, who opted out of his contract with the Clippers last week.

By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
5:40 PM PDT, July 8, 2008

Elton Brand has reached a verbal agreement to sign a multiyear contract with the Philadelphia 76ers, according to an NBA source who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on player movements.

The deal is believed to be in the $80-million range and expected to span five years.

Brand opted out of the final season of his Clippers contract last week to become a free agent. He was due $16.4 million had he stayed in the contract.

The deal cannot be finalized until the league's moratorium period ends at midnight EDT on Tuesday.

The 76ers were the latest team to join the bidding frenzy for Brand, joining the Clippers and Golden State Warriors, who have already made five-year offers for Brand, according to the sources.

The 76ers cleared salary cap space Tuesday when they traded forwards Rodney Carney and Calvin Booth and a future No. 1 pick to the Minnesota Timberwolves in a deal that has yet to be officially announced but was first reported by Yahoo.com.

Brand has not been reached for comment since he opted out of the final season of his Clippers contract last week. He flew to Washington, D.C., to meet with Falk last week and had a medical checkup with Dr. Craig Morgan in Wilmington, Del., the sources said.

Brand missed all but eight games last season with the Clippers because of a ruptured Achilles tendon.

"If somebody asked me whether he'd be healthy or had any ongoing fears, I would say no," it's not a problem, Morgan said Tuesday.

When Brand opted out of the final year of his Clippers' contract, he said Philadelphia would be one of the desirable alternatives. The move would put him back on the East Coast, where he grew up and went to college, with a team that has a strong nucleus of young players.

The Clippers' verbal contract agreement with free-agent point guard Baron Davis is not expected to be altered by Brand's decision, according to the sources.

The Clippers initially offered Brand, 29, a five-year, $70-million contract, which was expected to be the highest they could go while still signing Davis, according to NBA sources who requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak about player movements.

The Clippers then boosted their offer to Brand to five years and $80 million by renouncing the rights to other players, but it wasn't enough to re-sign him. The Warriors had tendered Brand a five-year, $90-million offer.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-clippers9-2008jul09,0,7383876.story

Back
Top Bottom