Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

The Griz and Heat have talked for weeks about possibly swapping first-round picks. Reportedly, Miami originally sought a deal that would give them Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry and the Grizzlies' No. 5 pick. The Griz countered with a variation of that trade, only they prefer to substitute the No. 5 selection with their No. 28 pick. Memphis Commercial Appeal
What the hell is wrong with Memphis front office ?

They gotta be puffing something good

GSW would be *+@@#+ stupid not to pull the trigger on a deal like that.

Remember, Baron is expiring after this year, he probably wants to get rid of Billups and Rasheed's contracts.
Plus Harrington would have to go to match up contracts

Or it coul be made up
laugh.gif

But imagine

Biedrins
Wallace
Jackson
Ellis
Billups

Bench:
Bellini
Wright
14th pick

plus Rasheed is an expiring contract. i wouldn't mind having chauncey on the team since in his final year, we only pay 14 mill. and having him for thenext three years would be a great asset to monta's development.

interesting to see what transpires. i bet detroit will be asking for the 14th too but i'm not willing to do that trade if we gotta trade the pick.

Baron + Al + this year's second rounder + TE for Rasheed + Chauncey.

Even though Baron is my fav. player, we need this trade. This trade would put us over some of the teams we have been struggling against the past years. I thinkwe could actually beat the Spurs with this team.

wow....is all i can say if that trade gets done. we will finally have a serious warriors team....

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Why would Detroit do this trade?
to save money, i think...

but yeah, we got to pull the trigger if this is really in place
pimp.gif

there is negatives in the Warriors making the trade too. Billups' contract is kind of bad, and our salary situation worsens. also we get older. but to me,it's fine that we get older a bit because we could use some vets on the team that aren't scrubs ala croshere. and we have a real young core that'sthe real future of the team (Wright/Ellis/Biedrins), I'm definitely in the boat of doing this trade. Baron>Billups talentwise without a doubt when Baronis healthy...but I value Billups' championship experience and also that he doesn't chuck as much.

I like the trade..it give gs toughness and gives det a consistent go-to guy in terms of scoring...

baron
rip
tayshuan
maxiel
mcdyss

that aint shabby at all

I'm not sure why Detroit would give up both Sheed and Chauncey just for Baron (according to ESPN). We obviously have to add in another player like AlHarrington but ESPN failed to mention that.

Just on the surface, Baron and maybe Harrington for Sheed and Chauncey looks like a steal for the Warriors BUT I believe that the Warriors like where they arefinancially. Having the flexibility of Baron's contract coming off the books after next season will be vital for the Warriors success in the future.

I think Sheed's contract is up next year also at roughly $13 mil. That doesn't sound that bad BUT Chauncey's contract has 3 more years at roughly$11, $12, $13 Million with a team option for the 4th year at $14 Million. That might handicap us because Chauncey is 31 years old. He'll be 32 by the timenext season starts.

Basically what I'm saying is that Chauncey's aging and we'll be stuck with him for another 3 to 4 years if this trade goes through. I'd ratherjust having Baron playing out this year and concentrating on trying to trade Al Harrington and TE on someone else somehow.

Take this with a game of salt, since it's from Peter Vecsey

[h1]IT'S DRAFT-Y IN HERE![/h1]

/seven/06242008/photos/sports068.jpg

PICK OF LITTER: Memphis guard Derrick Rose is expected to go tothe Bulls at No. 1 in the NBA Draft. After that ...

petervecsey.jpg

hoopdujour.gif

June 24, 2008 -- CONTINUED Look for the Nets to go out of their way to acquire Marcus Camby; they have one team to beat. As partof that deal or independent of it, I expect them to trade back to No. 13 (the Blazers are primed to deal the slot, that's for sure) perhaps to snare WestVirginia's Joe Alexander - the league's looming lone American capable of trash talking Yao Ming in Mandarin.

Sources say:

* Knicks (Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph), Pacers (Jermaine O'Neal) and Suns (BorisDiaw) have had some casual conversation with the Raptors concerning T.J. Ford.

* Warriors and Cavaliers are discussing an Anderson Varejao-Al Harrington swap.

* Rasheed Wallace is principally untouchable; his gifted versatility is too tough to replace. Nuggets called the Pistons aboutChauncey Billups but were unwilling to discuss Carmelo Anthony.

* Pat Riley's first offer late last week to Shawn Marion was beyond being an insult. Meaning he'shighly unlikely to opt out of next season's $17.8 million guarantee. Meaning the Heat won't be able to re-sign him for six years and instead may onlyextend him four years. Meaning the odds of Marion being traded will greatly increase.

* Ron Artest will exercise his Kings option to become a free agent; Lakers, Spurs and Mavs figure to be most ferventsuitors.

* Tommy Heinsohn is having an abdominal aneurism removed tomorrow. I love Tommy and Helen Heinsohn!

*Del Harris and Bernie Bickerstaff, who would have been Mark Jackson's mentors hadthe Knicks hired him, are in line to flank Vinny Del Negro on the Bulls bench.

*Rod Strickland, Sam Perkins, Kenny Anderson, EddieYounger (Harlem Rens), Lewis "Lu-Lu" Bender (98 years young), Pete Gillen, BobMcCullough and Joey Goldstein were voted into the New York City Hall of Fame. Official induction: Sept. 17 at theNYAC.

* One of the elite draftees smokes more herb than both Cheech and Chong.

* Twenty percent of those invited to Orlando's pre-draft camp have children. No, not by the same woman!

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'm not sure why Detroit would give up both Sheed and Chauncey just for Baron (according to ESPN). We obviously have to add in another player like Al
Harrington but ESPN failed to mention that.

Just on the surface, Baron and maybe Harrington for Sheed and Chauncey looks like a steal for the Warriors BUT I believe that the Warriors like where they are
financially. Having the flexibility of Baron's contract coming off the books after next season will be vital for the Warriors success in the future.

I think Sheed's contract is up next year also at roughly $13 mil. That doesn't sound that bad BUT Chauncey's contract has 3 more years at roughly
$11, $12, $13 Million with a team option for the 4th year at $14 Million. That might handicap us because Chauncey is 31 years old. He'll be 32 by the time
next season starts.

Basically what I'm saying is that Chauncey's aging and we'll be stuck with him for another 3 to 4 years if this trade goes through. I'd rather
just having Baron playing out this year and concentrating on trying to trade Al Harrington and TE on someone else somehow.

Good point.

I also wonder - where that puts the direction of the team?

Do Billups and Sheed make the W's title contenders?

There's no way this Detroit-Golden State trade rumor is going to happen. C'mon now, Chauncey AND Rasheed for ONLY Baron?? And if that trade rumoractually happens, then who will be the starting center for Detroit?

Originally Posted by Np86123

Not a good trade for Detroit....I still don't believe in Baron staying healthy
Me neither.

Has the option to opt out, and dude stays healthy the entire year this past season.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'm not sure why Detroit would give up both Sheed and Chauncey just for Baron (according to ESPN). We obviously have to add in another player like Al
Harrington but ESPN failed to mention that.

Just on the surface, Baron and maybe Harrington for Sheed and Chauncey looks like a steal for the Warriors BUT I believe that the Warriors like where they are
financially. Having the flexibility of Baron's contract coming off the books after next season will be vital for the Warriors success in the future.

I think Sheed's contract is up next year also at roughly $13 mil. That doesn't sound that bad BUT Chauncey's contract has 3 more years at roughly
$11, $12, $13 Million with a team option for the 4th year at $14 Million. That might handicap us because Chauncey is 31 years old. He'll be 32 by the time
next season starts.

Basically what I'm saying is that Chauncey's aging and we'll be stuck with him for another 3 to 4 years if this trade goes through. I'd rather
just having Baron playing out this year and concentrating on trying to trade Al Harrington and TE on someone else somehow.

Good point.

I also wonder - where that puts the direction of the team?

Do Billups and Sheed make the W's title contenders?

But the Warriors will have consistent point guard play for next 3-4 years with Billups. It BD leaves after the season, they have no backup point. Monta isa scorer, not a PG.

and No, Billups and Sheed will not make the W's contenders. Billups will be a liability in the West with all the super PG's in that conference. And they still won't have an inside presence. Sheed will just jack up more 3's in Nellie's offense.
I like the trade for Detroit. They'llhave Stuck if Baron decides to leave. And they can further develop their big men with more playing time.

Back
Top Bottom