Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

[h1]Mavericks Trying To Get Diop Back To Dallas?[/h1]

Jun 26, 2008 2:56 AM EST

The Dallas Mavericks are planning on offer their full mid-level exception to Nets free agent DeSagana Diop, the Dallas Morning News is reporting.

Diop was with the Mavs for the last three seasons before being shipped out to New Jersey in the Jason Kidd trade.

Teams cannot negotiate with free agents until July 1, and contracts cannot be signed until July 8.
Via Dallas Morning News
Damn, dude is about to get paid, all things considered.

Good I like his D. Bring Artest somehow and I'll be happy.

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo wouldn't confirm the Jermaine O'Neal for T.J. Ford deal to the Canadian Press, saying the team was in the middle of "four or five" potential deals.

All players must pass physicals and a deal cannot be completed until Ford's BYC status is lifted.

The Globe and Mail reported that the Raptors and Pistons discussed a deal that would net Toronto shooting guard Rip Hamilton

If they could get Rip, the Raptors would be serious. I wonder what are the other potential deals.

I think the Rip trade is dead after the JO trade...the Raptors were offering TJ + filler for Rip but Detroit wanted Jose...

If there is any other way to land Rip or a guy like Mike Miller after the JO trade, the Raptors would have a pretty solid lineup contending for the East...

[h2]http://www.thememphisedge.com/2008/06/26/draft-day-musings-…/[/h2]
[h2]Draft Day musings …[/h2]Posted by Ronald Tillery

…with the proceedings set to begin in a matter of mere hours. The Grizzlies have been sifting through several trade proposals so here's an attempt to separate fact from fiction.

$ The Grizzlies have been in constant communication with the Miami Heat about the possibility of moving up to No. 2 for the chance to draft Michael Beasley. In Memphis' view, Miami is asking for too much.
Miami asked for Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry or Mike Conley and the No. 5 pick in a package that would also include the Memphis taking a bad contract or two (i.e. Mark Blount, Marcus Banks, etc.). The Grizzlies preference was to send Miller, Lowry and the No. 28 pick. The No. 5 pick and Conley are sticking points with Conley serving as an absolute deal-breaker. With both teams being motivated, stay tuned to a variation of those discussions should a trade happen.

$ Before trading for the 20th pick, the Charlotte Bobcats asked Memphis to take anyone on their roster for the No. 5 pick. It's something that hasn't been completely ruled out. Now that Charlotte owns the ninth and 20th picks, don't be shocked if the Griz agreed to take players plus the ninth and 20th picks for the fifth and 28th selections.

$ The Griz front office seemed divided on the proposed New York deal: Memphis sending Brian Cardinal and No. 5 for David Lee and Malik Rose. It's a terrible deal, and it's also telling that the transaction wasn't presented to owner Michael Heisley, who said emphatically that unloading Cardinal's contract wasn't a priority.

$ The Grizzlies are NOT trading the rights to Marc Gasol.

$ Memphis has checked with Dallas about acquiring Josh Howard.

If the Grizzlies could somehow come out with a combination of Beasley/Howard or Wallace/9th/20th along with Howard then you can see us probablymaking the playoffs next season.

Q) Chase, Memphis: What is the likelihood the Grizzlies pick 5 and 28? In other words will the myriad of trade rumors yield nothing?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:20 PM ET ) I think the likelihood is HIGH that they trade their pick. I just posted a story on ESPN.com about it. They are in talks with the Nets about a swap that would send No. 5 to NJ for the No. 10 pick and a future first rounder from NJ. They are also talking to the Blazers about a swap that would give them No. 13 and a player like Travis Outlaw. From what I can gather, the Knicks trade talk is dead after David Lee's agent basically told Memphis he wasn't interested in signing with them when he hits free agency next summer. And yes ... there's still a possibility they could get No. 2 from Miami. But from what I hear, it looks like it's a longshot.

With the exception of the Beasley deal the one thing all of the proposed deals has in common is that the Grizzlies save money. I think they have accountants analyzing their draft now.
When has David Lee become such a star in this league to decline coming to a city?
roll.gif

I've been reading that Anderson Varejao and his agent Fegan have a no-trade clause or something similar. Apparently a deal for AV to Milwaukee was in placebut Fegan blocked it...

I just heard the same thing... I dont understand that one from the nets POV... seems you could get more for RJ...

Originally Posted by acidicality

All I know is, if the Lakers do get Artest, they better give up Odom at the very least, or else it won't be fair at all. I know the Lakers are used to winning championships and all that, but Fisher/Kobe/Artest/Odom/Gasol with Bynum, Farmar, Vujacic, etc. etc. off the bench just isn't fair.
smh.gif
That's a freaking Big 4 man.
eek.gif
That's 4 all-star caliber players, including one of the best players in the NBA.
I know you can say Boston's Big 3 thing compiled last year was sort of the same thing, but after they robbed Memphis of Gasol, I'm going to be real pissed off if they get Artest for peanuts.

And I agree, he seems to fit better in Dallas rather than the Spurs...not that the Spurs aren't mentally tough because they definitely are, but Dallas needs that physical defender more than they do and he could add that mental toughness to Dallas. And you could say the Lakers could use him too, although they have a good defender in Kobe. Well, a lot of teams could use him.
laugh.gif

I said it in the Lakers off season thread, we a bunch of greedy bastards.
laugh.gif
We want everybody without giving up anybody.
smh.gif
pimp.gif

The bottom line on ESPN news says the Nets traded Richard Jefferson to the Bucks but it doesnt say for who/what

Slow down everyone, it was Vescey that said it.

To me that means Artest just signed a 15 year 400 million dollar deal with the Kings. Pete is a douche bag.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

If the Grizzlies could somehow come out with a combination of Beasley/Howard or Wallace/9th/20th along with Howard then you can see us probably making the playoffs next season.
I like you optimism and you'll have a good young team but no.

I hardly see any drop off in the 8 playoff teams at least to the point where they'll lose enough to miss the playoffs. Golden St. and Portland barelymissed the playoffs and Portland is only going to be better. The Kings where hardly a team to be scared about and still won 38 games. Even if the Grizzlies arenext in that list, that put you at #12 in the West.

Having said all that, remember your team still has KWAME BROWN!!! How's that for a kick in the behind?

[h1]Nets dealing Jefferson to Bucks for Yi[/h1] [table][tr][td]
textsize.gif

textsize_minus_d.gif
textsize_minus_l.gif

textsize_plus_d.gif
textsize_plus_l.gif

advertisement_down.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]
By Ian Thomsen, SI.com

The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Yi Jianlian to the New Jersey Nets for Richard Jefferson, two league sources told SI.com.

The Bucks also are sending Bobby Simmons to the Nets. He has $20.5 million left on a contract that expires in the summer of 2010, when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh could become free agents.

Yi's camp was said to be ecstatic about going to the rebuilding Nets and playing in a major market, which was one of the original concerns when he was drafted by the Bucks last year. Yi threatened to not sign with Milwaukee in hopes of forcing a trade to another team.

The Bucks get out from under Simmons' contract while providing new coach Scott Skiles with a veteran player who can help him win now. The Bucks also retain their No. 8 pick in the draft to further revamp their team. The Nets hold the No. 10 pick in the draft.

Ridiculous. Just crazy. Looks like the Nets are ready to take on Gallinari.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Slow down everyone, it was Vescey that said it.

To me that means Artest just signed a 15 year 400 million dollar deal with the Kings. Pete is a douche bag.

exactly, thats why im waiting til ESPN says he has.

Wow, weird trade for both teams. I guess the Nets are going to draft a SF now and they hope Yi is the PF of the future.

I just saw on espn that the sonics swapped the 4 pick for the clippers 7 pick...they didn't say what else the sonics got in return...

and that's a good trade for NJ imo..

Originally Posted by Tha Murdera 2001

I just saw on espn that the sonics swapped the 4 pick for the clippers 7 pick...they didn't say what else the sonics got in return...

and that's a good trade for NJ imo..

i think they just swapped picks, no players involved.

Back
Top Bottom