Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

The Warriors only lost Baron Davis & Mickael Pietrus, both in my opinion aren't of a big loss. I would be mad if I was a Clippers fan because theyalready lost both Brand & Maggette now that's a big loss. We all don't know if Davis can still play another 82 game next season and we all knowwhat Pietrus is capable of, pretty much nothing. The signing of Maggette & Turiaf in those big numbers are mad crazy though. They could have sign Maggettefor 30-35 million and Turiaf to just 10-12 million. I wonder why the Warriors are more interested in signing Turiaf and not try to get Josh Smith then if theyget Josh Smith then trade Al Harrington for a starting point guard.

Originally Posted by AJ23ToKB24

The Warriors only lost Baron Davis & Mickael Pietrus, both in my opinion aren't of a big loss. I would be mad if I was a Clippers fan because they already lost both Brand & Maggette now that's a big loss. We all don't know if Davis can still play another 82 game next season and we all know what Pietrus is capable of, pretty much nothing. The signing of Maggette & Turiaf in those big numbers are mad crazy though. They could have sign Maggette for 30-35 million and Turiaf to just 10-12 million. I wonder why the Warriors are more interested in signing Turiaf and not try to get Josh Smith then if they get Josh Smith then trade Al Harrington for a starting point guard.

How is Baron not a big loss? In my opinion, (not trying to start a huge debate) he is a top 5 point guard that was the leader of the Warriors. How is thatnot a big loss?

In the news conference Elton said Baron & him never shook hands "under the table" and it was all rumors

pimp.gif

Jermaine a Raptor today
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

The Warriors only lost Baron Davis & Mickael Pietrus, both in my opinion aren't of a big loss. I would be mad if I was a Clippers fan because they already lost both Brand & Maggette now that's a big loss. We all don't know if Davis can still play another 82 game next season and we all know what Pietrus is capable of, pretty much nothing. The signing of Maggette & Turiaf in those big numbers are mad crazy though. They could have sign Maggette for 30-35 million and Turiaf to just 10-12 million. I wonder why the Warriors are more interested in signing Turiaf and not try to get Josh Smith then if they get Josh Smith then trade Al Harrington for a starting point guard.

How is Baron not a big loss? In my opinion, (not trying to start a huge debate) he is a top 5 point guard that was the leader of the Warriors. How is that not a big loss?
Baron always gets hurt in the season and the Warriors don't need that kind of player. We don't even know if he can play another 82 gamesnext season. Honestly, I would love to have Baron with the Warriors but if he chooses to leave, that's just fine with me and let the Warriors look foranother starting point guard available out there.

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

WTH did Ronny really sign with the Warriors?! if so I hope he gets yammed on by bynum

The Lakers got 7 days to match the Warriors offer to Ronny. If the Lakers match it, then he stays with the Lakers.

WTH did Ronny really sign with the Warriors?! if so I hope he gets yammed on by bynum

The Lakers got 7 days to match the Warriors offer to Ronny. If the Lakers match it, then he stays with the Lakers.

Id rather have Kurt Thomas
mad.gif

and that will not happen, but mitch is known to do some stupid things so you never know

i wish ronny the best in golden state though

I can see why a clipper fan would be sour, but if I were Brand I'd have done the same. Chances of EB getting to the playoffs are much higher with that 6er team. Plus, a change could've been just what he needs coming off that injury plagued season to revitalize his mind. A new house, new arena, new team and teammates.. it could be what he needs to get back to being an elite player

This doesn't even make sense. EB does have a chance, better chance, of making it to the playoffs in the East. I don't know about all this changestuff. He didn't have an injury "plagued" season, that would be a season marred by numerous small injuries. He had a big injury in thepreseason, ruptured achilles, and he came back and played the final 8 games of the season. Brand was an elite player prior to his injury, and I am sure nomatter what "scenery" he played in, he will continue to be a solid 20-10 guy.

Baron always gets hurt in the season and the Warriors don't need that kind of player. We don't even know if he can play another 82 games next season. Honestly, I would love to have Baron with the Warriors but if he chooses to leave, that's just fine with me and let the Warriors look for another starting point guard available out there.
Warrior fans keep on yapping about Baron's history of being injured. Maggette has never played 82 games in a season and he always has nagginginjuries.

I like how Warrior fans speak of their franchise as a model winning franchise. One playoff run changes an attitude of losing.

Warriors had their run in the '07 playoffs
Clippers had their run in the '06 playoffs

Other than that they've both been in the dumpster, nothing to brag about.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I can see why a clipper fan would be sour, but if I were Brand I'd have done the same. Chances of EB getting to the playoffs are much higher with that 6er team. Plus, a change could've been just what he needs coming off that injury plagued season to revitalize his mind. A new house, new arena, new team and teammates.. it could be what he needs to get back to being an elite player

This doesn't even make sense. EB does have a chance, better chance, of making it to the playoffs in the East. I don't know about all this change stuff. He didn't have an injury "plagued" season, that would be a season marred by numerous small injuries. He had a big injury in the preseason, ruptured achilles, and he came back and played the final 8 games of the season. Brand was an elite player prior to his injury, and I am sure no matter what "scenery" he played in, he will continue to be a solid 20-10 guy.

Baron always gets hurt in the season and the Warriors don't need that kind of player. We don't even know if he can play another 82 games next season. Honestly, I would love to have Baron with the Warriors but if he chooses to leave, that's just fine with me and let the Warriors look for another starting point guard available out there.
Warrior fans keep on yapping about Baron's history of being injured. Maggette has never played 82 games in a season and he always has nagging injuries.

I like how Warrior fans speak of their franchise as a model winning franchise. One playoff run changes an attitude of losing.

For the most part, I agree, although there has been a lot more hope than in LA. Oracle Arena has been the place to be for a while now, the guys in the Baylove their Warriors, and have for a while now. If anything, I think that's what their proud of. And being honest, last year the Warrior should have been inthe Playoffs.

I heard about that extension, I think Bogut will start to come out and be a SOLID Center, better than most in the L in the next year or two. He has a solidteam around him, won't be depended on as much, RJ+Redd+Mo+Bogut is a nice core.

Regarding Baron, he's definitely a potential top 5 PG if he's healthy, but the Warriors didn't want to give him a 5 year deal, and probably felt hewasn't in the future plans. I personally didn't expect him to be around after next year (didn't think he would opt out this year)...but theWarriors are clearly trying to build around Ellis/Biedrins/our other young players.
Yes, they do. Everyone from the Bay Area loves the Warriors.
ask caliwestcoast what he thinks about the Warriors.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

chalmers
wade
james jones... maybe marion i think dude is gonna get traded for a center
beasley
zo/blount

Is zo coming back for sure? he seemed pretty adamant before about retiring

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

This doesn't even make sense. EB does have a chance, better chance, of making it to the playoffs in the East. I don't know about all this change stuff. He didn't have an injury "plagued" season, that would be a season marred by numerous small injuries. He had a big injury in the preseason, ruptured achilles, and he came back and played the final 8 games of the season. Brand was an elite player prior to his injury, and I am sure no matter what "scenery" he played in, he will continue to be a solid 20-10 guy.

Warrior fans keep on yapping about Baron's history of being injured. Maggette has never played 82 games in a season and he always has nagging injuries.

For the most part, I agree, although there has been a lot more hope than in LA. Oracle Arena has been the place to be for a while now, the guys in the Bay love their Warriors, and have for a while now. If anything, I think that's what their proud of. And being honest, last year the Warrior should have been in the Playoffs.

I definitely agree with that. When the Warriors started 1-6 in their first 7 games without Captain Jack, their record should be 5-2 if they had CaptainJack in the first 7 games with those 2 losses were against Utah, and they should have beaten the Bulls and the Hawks at home too. So with that, the Warriorswill be fine next season even without Baron Davis.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

chalmers
wade
james jones... maybe marion i think dude is gonna get traded for a center
beasley
zo/blount

Is zo coming back for sure? he seemed pretty adamant before about retiring

He was pretty hopeful on coming back after he got injured last year.

Back
Top Bottom