Skins fans (if they exist)...school me on this Haynesworth/Shanahan situation

Im sure Deuce King can answer this question for you

Im sure Deuce King can answer this question for you

[h3]
if they exist
[/h3]
indifferent.gif

Here is a little write-up on (in my opinion) what the problem between Haynesworth and Shanahan is:
Spoiler [+]
images

Here is a little write-up on (in my opinion) what the problem between Haynesworth and Shanahan is:
Spoiler [+]
images

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
I love it.  Anyway, I'm not a ******* fan but as far as the Haynesworth/Shanahan situation goes it's simply a matter of Shanahan being on a power trip in regards to Haynesworth ever since he didn't show up for OTA's for the Skins in the spring and summer time. Even though these weren't "mandatory" Shanahan wanted Haynesworth to be there since he was the new head coach, wanting to assess the new talent that he was in charge of and changing the defensive system from a 4-3 to a 3-4 scheme, which is difficult in itself.  To be fair on Albert, sure he could have and probably should have shown up for OTA's but for whatever reason he decided not to, maybe because he felt like no matter what he would never lose his starting job or maybe because he just cashed in that 40 million dollar check.  Either way as the season began Shanahan made it as difficult as possible for Haynesworth and even made up the excuse that he didn't pass training camp course, or whatever skill set test he didn't want Haynesworth to pass.  You would see futher lying like this on Shanahan's end later on in the season with the excuse he gave for McNabb saying that he didn't have enough cardiovasular endurance
eyes.gif

At the end of the day, Albert is with the team.  He's the best defensive line player that they got and anybody who tells you differently is lying to you.  Also, as the saying goes, the check has been cashed, money is in the bank so the Skins might as well get their money's worth out of him.  With Shanahan and the Washington media around here it's simply a case of reality and perception.  The perception given by the Washington media and Shanahan is that Albert is just a fat, lazy, bum that only think about himself and not the team.  As of now, you have alot of people believing this and writing Albert off as bad debt.  A classic case of falling for the banana in the tailpipe.     

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
I love it.  Anyway, I'm not a ******* fan but as far as the Haynesworth/Shanahan situation goes it's simply a matter of Shanahan being on a power trip in regards to Haynesworth ever since he didn't show up for OTA's for the Skins in the spring and summer time. Even though these weren't "mandatory" Shanahan wanted Haynesworth to be there since he was the new head coach, wanting to assess the new talent that he was in charge of and changing the defensive system from a 4-3 to a 3-4 scheme, which is difficult in itself.  To be fair on Albert, sure he could have and probably should have shown up for OTA's but for whatever reason he decided not to, maybe because he felt like no matter what he would never lose his starting job or maybe because he just cashed in that 40 million dollar check.  Either way as the season began Shanahan made it as difficult as possible for Haynesworth and even made up the excuse that he didn't pass training camp course, or whatever skill set test he didn't want Haynesworth to pass.  You would see futher lying like this on Shanahan's end later on in the season with the excuse he gave for McNabb saying that he didn't have enough cardiovasular endurance
eyes.gif

At the end of the day, Albert is with the team.  He's the best defensive line player that they got and anybody who tells you differently is lying to you.  Also, as the saying goes, the check has been cashed, money is in the bank so the Skins might as well get their money's worth out of him.  With Shanahan and the Washington media around here it's simply a case of reality and perception.  The perception given by the Washington media and Shanahan is that Albert is just a fat, lazy, bum that only think about himself and not the team.  As of now, you have alot of people believing this and writing Albert off as bad debt.  A classic case of falling for the banana in the tailpipe.     

I don't regularly post in any NT NFL threads, so I don't know (or care for that matter) who's who when it comes to supporting different teams.

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't regularly post in any NT NFL threads, so I don't know (or care for that matter) who's who when it comes to supporting different teams.

Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

Aight, Gritty....lemme see if I can break this down. 

This is gonna be LOOOOOOOOONG
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
There is fault on BOTH sides here.  However, at this point, I'm willing to side with Shanahan and some of the other players who spoke up about what Haynesworth has been doing to the team. 

before the summer of 2009, Haynesworth got PAID.  $100 million dollar contract w. $41 million guaranteed.  He showed up last season out-of-shape and not committed to the team.  Albert's "me-first" type of mentality is a stigma that has been with him since his days w. the Titans.  The talent is there...no question.  When he's motivated, you see the dominance.  There isn't a guard in the NFL who can contain him.  However (going back to last year), every single game he had some sort of "injury" where he milked the situation. 

Case in point:

haynesworthlavar.jpg

he would go off, only to return by an act of Jesus a few plays later....

whatever...well, we all know that the Zorn-era was a disaster.  Changes HAD to be made.  The only time the Skins had a coach w. the balls/ego to stand up to Dan Snyder was when we had Marty Schottenheimer on board back in 2001.  The team got off to a bad start, but turned things around at the end.  Snyder's personality didn't mesh well with Schotty, and he was ultimately fired.  Continuity is the key, and the skins lost that when they got rid of Marty.  I honestly believe he would have had this team back to a level of respectability had he been kept.  Although he was hard on his players, he had their respect and admiration.  Snyder didn't see that....and gave him the axe like I said before. 

There has been a coaching carousel in the Snyder era.  Norv, Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn, Robiskie (interim), etc...it's been some impulse hires, guys coming in past their coaching primes, etc....pretty much it came down to the working relationship between Dan Snyder and whoever was coaching the team. 

Snyder is an @%$...but at the end of the day no matter how much he fails, he DOES want to win.  He knows this team and organization as a whole has become a laughing stock.  The first MAJOR change that was made was Snyder hired Bruce Allen, as GM.  Yes...a GM!  In the Snyder years, there has never been a GM, and he's usually had a stooge (Vinny Cerrato) who "made" all the decisions. 

The next step after Allen was to find a coach.  You gonna go after, Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan, or someone else?  Turns out, it's Mike SHanahan.  He's a proven winner.  He's a guy who can HOPEFULLY get this team headed back on the right track.  He also has an ego thats just as large or LARGER than Dan Snyder.  How would this work?  Well...Dan Snyder amazingly admitted some of his past mistakes and said he would take a backseat.  That was good to hear.  With Shanahan/Allen in charge, this was now their team to mold. 

The roster (when cuts were allowed) in early 2010 was trimmed by 19 players I think.  Familiar names like Griffin, Cartwright, Smoot, Betts, Thomas, etc were all let go.  This was a GREAT sign, because under previous regimes these players may have been kept on because they were viewed as "core" ******** no matter how sub-par their performances were on the field.  You're not going to win games with the names of those who I mentioned above.  There is just no way.  The NFL is built on youth and speed, and the Skins were (and still are) lacking in all those areas. 

With the roster trimming that Shanahan did came some problems.  Remember, he's inheriting ALL of the mistakes made by Snyder/Cerrato.  He's essentially handcuffed by contacts that he just can't dump. 

Anyways, Shanahan needs a new defensive coordinator because it's announced the skins are moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4.  Statistically, the Skins had a top-10 defense for the past 3 seasons or so.  Statistics sometimes lie...or don't tell the whole story.  Their defense had a "bend but don't break" mantra.  They didn't generate any turnovers, which is a key component to the success of any defensive unit.  Jim Haslett was brought on board from the UFL and he was seen as the right guy to implement the 3-4.  Switching to the 3-4 isn't going to be an immediate success.  You still have guys who are familiar with playing in the 4-3, and there is going to be a HUGE learning curve. 

EVERYONE bought in to the 3-4 change....London Fletcher who has been playing MLB for 14 years in the league WELCOMED the challenge of switching to a 3-4.  Albert Haynesworth said from the jump that he was brought in to play DT in a 4-3.  Fool, you knew that as soon as you signed on the dotted line for that 100 million dollar contract, there would be some sort of turmoil when you put on that Skins jersey.  He didn't make things any easier by being a stick in the mud and not even ATTEMPTING to try to learn the system and help out his teammates.  When Haynesworth is on the field, he makes a difference. 

Ok...Haynesworth drew his line in the mud, and the team knew where he was standing.  This all led up to missing OTAs etc etc....you would think that it would be kinda important to show up to OTAs mandatory or not, to not only build that comradery with his teammates but understand some of the basics of playing in the 3-4.  He said he was working out w. his trainer on his own and would show up to mini-camp when he was mandated to be there.  This didn't sit well with Shanahan. 

Skipping ahead to the mini-camp, he repeatedly failed the conditioning test.  This is where I don't agree w. Shanahan as far as how he handled the situation.  It became a pissing contest.  He eventually passed, but because it took like 10 days for him to do so, he wasn't allowed to practice with the 1st unit.  He was behind the curve....His preseason wasn't anything spectacular, and Shanahan and him weren't seeing eye-to-eye on anything. 

Preseason eventually led to the regular season, and he was getting limited snaps or deactivated for whatever the reason.  He just didn't want to play in the 3-4.  At this point, you had other players on Twitter and other outlets saying that if they were paid $100 mil, they'd do whatever the team asked.  That's just the difference between guys who actually WANT to play (D.Dockett) and play hard and guys like Haynesworth, who are just out for themselves. 

This could have been avoided if Dan Snyder didn't sign the guy.  Free-agency is a crap shoot, but he's had some really bad luck over the years....Haynesworth had a rep, but it was ignored by the ******** and now they find themselves in this mess. 

I don't care what anyone says, but u got dudes over the course of the season who are his teammates who are not defending him...WHILE HE'S ON THE ROSTER!  That speaks volumes.

The last straw was on Friday morning, when he showed up to ******** Park late...doesn't matter if it's one minute, or 10 minutes...late is late.  Supposedly, he had alcohol on his breath and was hungover.  He's repeatedly denied being drunk, hungover, etc...but someone posted some photos of dude out and about around 1:30am that morning in some bar.  Not to mention, there are PLENTY of stories in the VA area of Haynesworth having a lil too much fun out in Reston/Ashburn...if you get my drift.  No, he hasn't gotten a DUI or arrested for public intoxication, but because you haven't been caught doens't mean you're innocent from what you did the night before. 

Because of what went down on Friday, he was deactivated for the Giants game by Jim Haslett and Mike Shanahan.  That was the straw that broke the camel's back.  He's done with the Skins.  It's too bad, because there are a lot of us here who wanted the guy to do well.  Albert wasn't Shanahan's guy, and Shanahan/Allen are now responsible for cleaning up the mess that was here before.  If Albert adhered to what Shanahan wanted, he could have been a vital cog in the defense.  There have been a lot of ups/downs, but there are guys like Laron Landry who have flourished in the new scheme.  It's going to take time for the Skins to get the ship headed in the right direction, but as long as you have HUNGRY guys on the roster...guys who want to compete....guys who will have their teammates back...guys willing to do ANYTHING to win, things will workout.

The Haynesworth saga is another "L" for the ********, but the sooner he's off the roster, the better....I've defended him in the past, but after hearing testimonials from other players around the league, his teammates, etc....I can't do it anymore. 

*Oh yeah...there was no point in releasing him.  Haynesworth didn't want to be here, so why grant him his wish and allow him to go wherever he wants?  Keep him on the roster and trade him when the time comes so you at least get something in return....

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
There is fault on BOTH sides here.  However, at this point, I'm willing to side with Shanahan and some of the other players who spoke up about what Haynesworth has been doing to the team. 

before the summer of 2009, Haynesworth got PAID.  $100 million dollar contract w. $41 million guaranteed.  He showed up last season out-of-shape and not committed to the team.  Albert's "me-first" type of mentality is a stigma that has been with him since his days w. the Titans.  The talent is there...no question.  When he's motivated, you see the dominance.  There isn't a guard in the NFL who can contain him.  However (going back to last year), every single game he had some sort of "injury" where he milked the situation. 

Case in point:

haynesworthlavar.jpg

whatever...well, we all know that the Zorn-era was a disaster.  Changes HAD to be made.  The only time the Skins had a coach w. the balls/ego to stand up to Dan Snyder was when we had Marty Schottenheimer on board back in 2001.  The team got off to a bad start, but turned things around at the end.  Snyder's personality didn't mesh well with Schotty, and he was ultimately fired.  Continuity is the key, and the skins lost that when they got rid of Marty.  I honestly believe he would have had this team back to a level of respectability had he been kept.  Although he was hard on his players, he had their respect and admiration.  Snyder didn't see that....and gave him the axe like I said before. 

There has been a coaching carousel in the Snyder era.  Norv, Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn, Robiskie (interim), etc...it's been some impulse hires, guys coming in past their coaching primes, etc....pretty much it came down to the working relationship between Dan Snyder and whoever was coaching the team. 

Snyder is an @%$...but at the end of the day no matter how much he fails, he DOES want to win.  He knows this team and organization as a whole has become a laughing stock.  The first MAJOR change that was made was Snyder hired Bruce Allen, as GM.  Yes...a GM!  In the Snyder years, there has never been a GM, and he's usually had a stooge (Vinny Cerrato) who "made" all the decisions. 

The next step after Allen was to find a coach.  You gonna go after, Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan, or someone else?  Turns out, it's Mike SHanahan.  He's a proven winner.  He's a guy who can HOPEFULLY get this team headed back on the right track.  He also has an ego thats just as large or LARGER than Dan Snyder.  How would this work?  Well...Dan Snyder amazingly admitted some of his past mistakes and said he would take a backseat.  That was good to hear.  With Shanahan/Allen in charge, this was now their team to mold. 

The roster (when cuts were allowed) in early 2010 was trimmed by 19 players I think.  Familiar names like Griffin, Cartwright, Smoot, Betts, Thomas, etc were all let go.  This was a GREAT sign, because under previous regimes these players may have been kept on because they were viewed as "core" ******** no matter how sub-par their performances were on the field.  You're not going to win games with the names of those who I mentioned above.  There is just no way.  The NFL is built on youth and speed, and the Skins were (and still are) lacking in all those areas. 

With the roster trimming that Shanahan did came some problems.  Remember, he's inheriting ALL of the mistakes made by Snyder/Cerrato.  He's essentially handcuffed by contacts that he just can't dump. 

Anyways, Shanahan needs a new defensive coordinator because it's announced the skins are moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4.  Statistically, the Skins had a top-10 defense for the past 3 seasons or so.  Statistics sometimes lie...or don't tell the whole story.  Their defense had a "bend but don't break" mantra.  They didn't generate any turnovers, which is a key component to the success of any defensive unit.  Jim Haslett was brought on board from the UFL and he was seen as the right guy to implement the 3-4.  Switching to the 3-4 isn't going to be an immediate success.  You still have guys who are familiar with playing in the 4-3, and there is going to be a HUGE learning curve. 

EVERYONE bought in to the 3-4 change....London Fletcher who has been playing MLB for 14 years in the league WELCOMED the challenge of switching to a 3-4.  Albert Haynesworth said from the jump that he was brought in to play DT in a 4-3.  Fool, you knew that as soon as you signed on the dotted line for that 100 million dollar contract, there would be some sort of turmoil when you put on that Skins jersey.  He didn't make things any easier by being a stick in the mud and not even ATTEMPTING to try to learn the system and help out his teammates.  When Haynesworth is on the field, he makes a difference. 

Ok...Haynesworth drew his line in the mud, and the team knew where he was standing.  This all led up to missing OTAs etc etc....you would think that it would be kinda important to show up to OTAs mandatory or not, to not only build that comradery with his teammates but understand some of the basics of playing in the 3-4.  He said he was working out w. his trainer on his own and would show up to mini-camp when he was mandated to be there.  This didn't sit well with Shanahan. 

Skipping ahead to the mini-camp, he repeatedly failed the conditioning test.  This is where I don't agree w. Shanahan as far as how he handled the situation.  It became a pissing contest.  He eventually passed, but because it took like 10 days for him to do so, he wasn't allowed to practice with the 1st unit.  He was behind the curve....His preseason wasn't anything spectacular, and Shanahan and him weren't seeing eye-to-eye on anything. 

Preseason eventually led to the regular season, and he was getting limited snaps or deactivated for whatever the reason.  He just didn't want to play in the 3-4.  At this point, you had other players on Twitter and other outlets saying that if they were paid $100 mil, they'd do whatever the team asked.  That's just the difference between guys who actually WANT to play (D.Dockett) and play hard and guys like Haynesworth, who are just out for themselves. 

This could have been avoided if Dan Snyder didn't sign the guy.  Free-agency is a crap shoot, but he's had some really bad luck over the years....Haynesworth had a rep, but it was ignored by the ******** and now they find themselves in this mess. 

I don't care what anyone says, but u got dudes over the course of the season who are his teammates who are not defending him...WHILE HE'S ON THE ROSTER!  That speaks volumes.

The last straw was on Friday morning, when he showed up to ******** Park late...doesn't matter if it's one minute, or 10 minutes...late is late.  Supposedly, he had alcohol on his breath and was hungover.  He's repeatedly denied being drunk, hungover, etc...but someone posted some photos of dude out and about around 1:30am that morning in some bar.  Not to mention, there are PLENTY of stories in the VA area of Haynesworth having a lil too much fun out in Reston/Ashburn...if you get my drift.  No, he hasn't gotten a DUI or arrested for public intoxication, but because you haven't been caught doens't mean you're innocent from what you did the night before. 

Because of what went down on Friday, he was deactivated for the Giants game by Jim Haslett and Mike Shanahan.  That was the straw that broke the camel's back.  He's done with the Skins.  It's too bad, because there are a lot of us here who wanted the guy to do well.  Albert wasn't Shanahan's guy, and Shanahan/Allen are now responsible for cleaning up the mess that was here before.  If Albert adhered to what Shanahan wanted, he could have been a vital cog in the defense.  There have been a lot of ups/downs, but there are guys like Laron Landry who have flourished in the new scheme.  It's going to take time for the Skins to get the ship headed in the right direction, but as long as you have HUNGRY guys on the roster...guys who want to compete....guys who will have their teammates back...guys willing to do ANYTHING to win, things will workout.

The Haynesworth saga is another "L" for the ********, but the sooner he's off the roster, the better....I've defended him in the past, but after hearing testimonials from other players around the league, his teammates, etc....I can't do it anymore. 

*Oh yeah...there was no point in releasing him.  Haynesworth didn't want to be here, so why grant him his wish and allow him to go wherever he wants?  Keep him on the roster and trade him when the time comes so you at least get something in return....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Case in point:

haynesworthlavar.jpg

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about Gritts, you got a guy like DoubleJs that fell and more importantly continues to fall for the banana in the tailpipe regarding the ********.  Like I said, I'm sure he and fans like him mean well...........bless their hearts, but at the end of the day when it comes to the ******** fans like DoubleJs07 simply follow orders most of the time, and do and respond as their told when it comes to the ********.  Think of Republicans listening to Fox News and then believing that President Obama is a Muslim (see what I mean), it's the same way with alot (not all) ******** fans gather and get their information from regarding their team, they get feed false facts and then they go from there.  Simply put, Haynesworth is the best thing the Skins have going for them at the defensive line, to get rid of him would be asinine, but I wouldn't put it past the Skins cause trust me when I tell you they are known for doing asinine things.  It's in the Skins best interest to work with Haynesworth and to tell Shanahan to suck it up and quite power tripping.    

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Case in point:

haynesworthlavar.jpg

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about Gritts, you got a guy like DoubleJs that fell and more importantly continues to fall for the banana in the tailpipe regarding the ********.  Like I said, I'm sure he and fans like him mean well...........bless their hearts, but at the end of the day when it comes to the ******** fans like DoubleJs07 simply follow orders most of the time, and do and respond as their told when it comes to the ********.  Think of Republicans listening to Fox News and then believing that President Obama is a Muslim (see what I mean), it's the same way with alot (not all) ******** fans gather and get their information from regarding their team, they get feed false facts and then they go from there.  Simply put, Haynesworth is the best thing the Skins have going for them at the defensive line, to get rid of him would be asinine, but I wouldn't put it past the Skins cause trust me when I tell you they are known for doing asinine things.  It's in the Skins best interest to work with Haynesworth and to tell Shanahan to suck it up and quite power tripping.    

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Case in point:

haynesworthlavar.jpg

Quite possibly the DUMBEST $**% I've read on NT today....goodnight. 

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Case in point:

haynesworthlavar.jpg

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Case in point:

haynesworthlavar.jpg

Pot meet kettle, shun
laugh.gif

Like Double said, both are at fault.  Haynesworth has done nothing in the recent past to indicate that he truly gives a @%@!.  Shanahan came in with an iron fist and didn't do a whole lot to fit his best defensive player into their defensive schemes.

What pushes the scale in a particular direction is the multiple sound bytes by ******* players who have had some unpleasant things to say about Haynesworth.  I mean, those guys are out there every day, see everything up close and personal and know the situation better than any "fan" so I'm more likely to believe what they're saying.  What they're saying doesn't paint Haynesworth in a positive light and they have nothing to gain by doing so; they know they need him on defense so I don't get how any player on that squad is acting out as a "hater".  Folks are still saying "hater", btw?
laugh.gif

(if they exist)

roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Case in point:

haynesworthlavar.jpg

Pot meet kettle, shun
laugh.gif

Like Double said, both are at fault.  Haynesworth has done nothing in the recent past to indicate that he truly gives a @%@!.  Shanahan came in with an iron fist and didn't do a whole lot to fit his best defensive player into their defensive schemes.

What pushes the scale in a particular direction is the multiple sound bytes by ******* players who have had some unpleasant things to say about Haynesworth.  I mean, those guys are out there every day, see everything up close and personal and know the situation better than any "fan" so I'm more likely to believe what they're saying.  What they're saying doesn't paint Haynesworth in a positive light and they have nothing to gain by doing so; they know they need him on defense so I don't get how any player on that squad is acting out as a "hater".  Folks are still saying "hater", btw?
laugh.gif

You think that's bad champ, I once read from a guy clown that had the audacity to say that Clinton Portis was/is the best blocking running back since Walter Payton.  Talk about making dumb statements just to make dumb statements
laugh.gif
, that guy clown is truly in a league all his own.

laugh.gif

Just like I said in my initial post in this thread, both parties are wrong.  However, I think it's vital when making judgement here that everyone takes a few things into consideration and looks at the facts.  Albert Haynesworth is still one of the best definsive lineman in the NFL.........FACT, regardless of the situation Haynesworth still got his $40 mil check which is already in the bank for him...........FACT.  With those two things being said, I think it's best for both parties to try and work this matter out.  Haynesworth needs to be more committed to his team and coaches and Shanahan needs to get rid of the iron fist mentality.  They can both make it work if they want to.  From the owner Daniel Synder's standpoint, how would you feel if you let go of one of the best defensive lineman in the game and let him walk away with $40 million dollars of your money in less than 1 year...........exactly.  As far as the Skins players go and their comments, some are true at heart and make valid point, others are just trying to lift their own status to look good in the coaches eyes and get more playing time..........paper and politics.     

Edit--

Besides, when you got a coach that comes out and lies about his starting QB not having enough cardiovascular endurance and then coming out the next day trying to cover that lie up, that should tell you everything you need to know about that coaches character to begin with

Back
Top Bottom