Skins fans (if they exist)...school me on this Haynesworth/Shanahan situation

Quite possibly the DUMBEST $**% I've read on NT today....goodnight.

You think that's bad champ, I once read from a guy clown that had the audacity to say that Clinton Portis was/is the best blocking running back since Walter Payton.  Talk about making dumb statements just to make dumb statements
laugh.gif
, that guy clown is truly in a league all his own.

Like Double said, both are at fault.  Haynesworth has done nothing in the recent past to indicate that he truly gives a @%@!.  Shanahan came in with an iron fist and didn't do a whole lot to fit his best defensive player into their defensive schemes.

What pushes the scale in a particular direction is the multiple sound bytes by ******* players who have had some unpleasant things to say about Haynesworth.  I mean, those guys are out there every day, see everything up close and personal and know the situation better than any "fan" so I'm more likely to believe what they're saying.  What they're saying doesn't paint Haynesworth in a positive light and they have nothing to gain by doing so; they know they need him on defense so I don't get how any player on that squad is acting out as a "hater".  Folks are still saying "hater", btw?
laugh.gif

Just like I said in my initial post in this thread, both parties are wrong.  However, I think it's vital when making judgement here that everyone takes a few things into consideration and looks at the facts.  Albert Haynesworth is still one of the best definsive lineman in the NFL.........FACT, regardless of the situation Haynesworth still got his $40 mil check which is already in the bank for him...........FACT.  With those two things being said, I think it's best for both parties to try and work this matter out.  Haynesworth needs to be more committed to his team and coaches and Shanahan needs to get rid of the iron fist mentality.  They can both make it work if they want to.  From the owner Daniel Synder's standpoint, how would you feel if you let go of one of the best defensive lineman in the game and let him walk away with $40 million dollars of your money in less than 1 year...........exactly.  As far as the Skins players go and their comments, some are true at heart and make valid point, others are just trying to lift their own status to look good in the coaches eyes and get more playing time..........paper and politics.     

Edit--

Besides, when you got a coach that comes out and lies about his starting QB not having enough cardiovascular endurance and then coming out the next day trying to cover that lie up, that should tell you everything you need to know about that coaches character to begin with

I'm not going to to defend Albert but cmon DoubleJs07, if Albert is truly as evil and incompetent as his teammates say they should cut him, the dog and pony show he ran with the conditioning test was unforgivably stupid.

Mike Shanahan has purposefully kept and created a constant distraction for his players, it's sooo dumb, it's almost Josh McDaniels dumb.

If you aren;t going to play him, CUT HIM. Do yourselves and haynesworth a favor.

I'm not going to to defend Albert but cmon DoubleJs07, if Albert is truly as evil and incompetent as his teammates say they should cut him, the dog and pony show he ran with the conditioning test was unforgivably stupid.

Mike Shanahan has purposefully kept and created a constant distraction for his players, it's sooo dumb, it's almost Josh McDaniels dumb.

If you aren;t going to play him, CUT HIM. Do yourselves and haynesworth a favor.

OKB, It's foolish to place 100% of the blame on Mike Shanahan. It became a monumental pissing contest where blame can be placed about equally on both sides. However, like I said before...I'm more willing to take Shanahan's side in this whole ordeal after hearing what players on the current roster have to say about the whole situation. I have defended Haynesworth in the past, but what point are you making by cutting the guy and getting NOTHING in return? You cut Haynesworth, and you give him EXACTLY what he wants. Why (in a sense) reward him for #@%@ performances both in practice and on the field, but letting him choose where he wants to go? It's petty, but I can see where the Skins stand on this. This is not the first time something like this has happened. Remember, Jon Gruden esentially did the same thing to Keyshawn Johnson when he was on the Bucs. He should have been suspended MUCH earlier....that's the only issue I have right now. He would have been a non-factor had this happened around week 8, instead of the last quarter of the season.

*and Deuce...for the love of God, SHUT UP. Mike Shanhan's character > your family tree. Despite what you may think, he's well-respected in the NFL.

laugh.gif
you the same dude saying laron landry has no "character" for talking @*++ before a game....cot dam you STAY on that holier-that-thou tip bro....

OKB, It's foolish to place 100% of the blame on Mike Shanahan. It became a monumental pissing contest where blame can be placed about equally on both sides. However, like I said before...I'm more willing to take Shanahan's side in this whole ordeal after hearing what players on the current roster have to say about the whole situation. I have defended Haynesworth in the past, but what point are you making by cutting the guy and getting NOTHING in return? You cut Haynesworth, and you give him EXACTLY what he wants. Why (in a sense) reward him for #@%@ performances both in practice and on the field, but letting him choose where he wants to go? It's petty, but I can see where the Skins stand on this. This is not the first time something like this has happened. Remember, Jon Gruden esentially did the same thing to Keyshawn Johnson when he was on the Bucs. He should have been suspended MUCH earlier....that's the only issue I have right now. He would have been a non-factor had this happened around week 8, instead of the last quarter of the season.

*and Deuce...for the love of God, SHUT UP. Mike Shanhan's character > your family tree. Despite what you may think, he's well-respected in the NFL.

laugh.gif
you the same dude saying laron landry has no "character" for talking @*++ before a game....cot dam you STAY on that holier-that-thou tip bro....

You damage your own team by creating this distraction (you know how much coaches hate distractions) and this constant drama. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is dumb. Do you want Shanahan to do what's best for the team or do whats best for Shanahan's ego.

There is blame on both sides but they had a chance to trade him and Mike didn't do it because of this stupid pissing contest ENTERLY ORCHESTRATED by shanahan. Now you have sapped all the value out of him, you are not going to get anything in a trade and this was all the doings of the gm. IMO once they switched to a 3-4 they should have traded him.

It's unforgivably stupid and as I have followed the ******** my fears about Mike Shanahan being a bad coach are true, his ability to create pointless drama out of nowhere is crazy. It's not even about who's to blame because it's probably Albert but at this point it's about being smart and being dumb, Mike chose the dumb route.

CUT HIM or PLAY HIM.

You damage your own team by creating this distraction (you know how much coaches hate distractions) and this constant drama. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is dumb. Do you want Shanahan to do what's best for the team or do whats best for Shanahan's ego.

There is blame on both sides but they had a chance to trade him and Mike didn't do it because of this stupid pissing contest ENTERLY ORCHESTRATED by shanahan. Now you have sapped all the value out of him, you are not going to get anything in a trade and this was all the doings of the gm. IMO once they switched to a 3-4 they should have traded him.

It's unforgivably stupid and as I have followed the ******** my fears about Mike Shanahan being a bad coach are true, his ability to create pointless drama out of nowhere is crazy. It's not even about who's to blame because it's probably Albert but at this point it's about being smart and being dumb, Mike chose the dumb route.

CUT HIM or PLAY HIM.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

CUT HIM or PLAY HIM.

Honestly, it's a no-win situation....this is a Snyder/Cerrato mess, and Shanahan was in-charge of cleaning it up.  Albert Haynesworth from the MINUTE he signed that $100 mil contract, proved to be a bust.  He played hard in his last season as a Titan to get that $, but that is not the Haynesworth that we got here in DC.  You can even go back to when he was in the 4-3 under Zorn's watch, he did whatever the hell he wanted...skipped practices, showed up late, was out of shape, etc.....so you can't sit here and tell me that the problem for Haynesworth was PURELY based off of the switch for the 3-4.  The new coaching staff is actually holding players accountable for thier assignments, conditioning, amongst other things....EVERYONE adhered, except for the highest paid player on the roster.  His trade value was a 4th or 5th round pick, and I will almost guarantee that when he's' dealt, the skins will get a pick in one of those rounds.  His trade value hasn't changed much...no matter what people think.  Like I said before....cutting him makes ZERO sense.  Play him, why?  Especially if he's not going to give a good effort....look at the Eagles game where he laid on the turf.  He's been a non-committed disaster, and the suspension should have happened earlier.  Shanahan isn't absolved of blame, but Haynesworth didn't make the situation any better.  It seems as though more people are questioning why this suspension didn't happen earlier....

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

CUT HIM or PLAY HIM.

Honestly, it's a no-win situation....this is a Snyder/Cerrato mess, and Shanahan was in-charge of cleaning it up.  Albert Haynesworth from the MINUTE he signed that $100 mil contract, proved to be a bust.  He played hard in his last season as a Titan to get that $, but that is not the Haynesworth that we got here in DC.  You can even go back to when he was in the 4-3 under Zorn's watch, he did whatever the hell he wanted...skipped practices, showed up late, was out of shape, etc.....so you can't sit here and tell me that the problem for Haynesworth was PURELY based off of the switch for the 3-4.  The new coaching staff is actually holding players accountable for thier assignments, conditioning, amongst other things....EVERYONE adhered, except for the highest paid player on the roster.  His trade value was a 4th or 5th round pick, and I will almost guarantee that when he's' dealt, the skins will get a pick in one of those rounds.  His trade value hasn't changed much...no matter what people think.  Like I said before....cutting him makes ZERO sense.  Play him, why?  Especially if he's not going to give a good effort....look at the Eagles game where he laid on the turf.  He's been a non-committed disaster, and the suspension should have happened earlier.  Shanahan isn't absolved of blame, but Haynesworth didn't make the situation any better.  It seems as though more people are questioning why this suspension didn't happen earlier....

Well will have to agree to disagree, I don't think that this season when he has played bad, he's played pretty well in limited playing time even with his antics. SO play him and get him so trade value.

I just think keeping him around for no reason to create drama that clearly the players don't like is stupid and child like, I expect that from Josh McDaniels, basically only a dummy would do that.

I don't believe Shanahan and I don't believe Haynesworth I believe the truth about whats really going on lies somewhere in the middle, and keeping Haynesworth and pointlessly only playing him in limited spurts just creates problems for the team and the organizations image.  

Well will have to agree to disagree, I don't think that this season when he has played bad, he's played pretty well in limited playing time even with his antics. SO play him and get him so trade value.

I just think keeping him around for no reason to create drama that clearly the players don't like is stupid and child like, I expect that from Josh McDaniels, basically only a dummy would do that.

I don't believe Shanahan and I don't believe Haynesworth I believe the truth about whats really going on lies somewhere in the middle, and keeping Haynesworth and pointlessly only playing him in limited spurts just creates problems for the team and the organizations image.  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

cot dam you STAY on that holier-that-thou tip bro....
It's %$+%*+# ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif
Dude posts more in ********' threads than Gift, too. He has hatred in his heart and he's letting it all out. 
tired.gif

It's %$+%*+# ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif
Dude posts more in ********' threads than Gift, too. He has hatred in his heart and he's letting it all out. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

It's #**@!!% ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

The thing is, I don't understand his hatred. His team sucks just as much as the ******** but he got so much %#!@ to say about the skins. He is in every and I mean EVERY skins thread.

It's #**@!!% ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

The thing is, I don't understand his hatred. His team sucks just as much as the ******** but he got so much %#!@ to say about the skins. He is in every and I mean EVERY skins thread.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

It's #**@!!% ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Started noticing this during the Vick game massacre...
30t6p3b.gif
It's so petty. It's hard to take someone serious. And then the stupidity he said I think yesterday about Welker's injury. Asinine.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

It's #**@!!% ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Started noticing this during the Vick game massacre...
30t6p3b.gif
It's so petty. It's hard to take someone serious. And then the stupidity he said I think yesterday about Welker's injury. Asinine.

CUT HIM or PLAY HIM.

Pretty much. Shanahan handled it wrong in that regard. But for anyone to defend Haynesworth's actions throughout this fiasco is ridiculous.

CUT HIM or PLAY HIM.

Pretty much. Shanahan handled it wrong in that regard. But for anyone to defend Haynesworth's actions throughout this fiasco is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom