Sneaking Food into the Movies, yah or nay? Vol Snacks are Too Danm High!

Do you smuggle snacks in the theater/stadium?

• Yup. I’ll be damned..

Votes: 98 77.2%
  • No. An extra $10 ain’t gonna beak me..

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Eat before or after.

Votes: 16 12.6%

• Total voters
DC, born and raised.
that's a major city c'mon man. you ain't never even heard of reserved, reclining seating at the movies? it's the only way to go if you wanna see a popular movie but don't wanna get there early for a good seat.

my wife and i only sneak in candies and stuff. we'd probably bring in more but it's too much of a hassle. when we saw star wars, they had a special where you get a good bacon cheeseburger, huge star wars cup and a side like garlic fries and that was $15. not too ridiculous. one of our staples is to bring furikake and arare to the movies to add to our popcorn. it's a hawaii thing and it's pretty good.

add this:
download (1).jpg

and this:
download.jpg

to this:
download (2).jpg

How'd this thread hit 3 pages on an hour :lol:
I'm guilty of sneaking beers in my peacoat into bars. Only Mike Hermantrout would be able to detect it. I'm gonna chill with that though. Flasks only.

No issue with sneaking snacks into the theater. Economically sound. Paying 7 bucks for something that costs a dollar? No.

Probably wouldn't do it on a date though.

I used to sneak in a Chipotle burrito into theaters. Mind you it was a showing with barely anyone in there.

But if I'm watching a movie on premiere night, I'll stick with the butter popcorn and soda from concessions. My focus is on the movie and not the food.

Side note, I need to experience a movie at a theater with those luxury seats.

:lol:

Paying 400% mark up for some snickers

It's not a being broke thing it's the principal. Just because you can pay that price doesn't mean you should.

Reminds me of when I went to get an oil change recently and they tried to charge me $45 for some new wipers and $55-70 for a new headlight. Went and bought both for under 30 bucks together and installed them in less than 3 minutes.

Never saw the appeal of dining at the movie theatre. Also, sneaking food in sound like some broke boi **** :lol:

you ain't never even heard of reserved, reclining seating at the movies? it's the only way to go if you wanna see a popular movie but don't wanna get there early for a good seat.
i HATE those theaters
folks with crusty *** feet
ALWAYS taking their shoes of and curling up in them

Never saw the appeal of dining at the movie theatre. Also, sneaking food in sound like some broke boi **** :lol:
nah i hate buttered popcorn
and dont really like hotdogs too much
ill always by food at a nearby spot and bring it in

Only brought in a McDouble even thought it was weird lol. Snacks, bottle water or the short cans of soda from Walmart. I don't mind paying for popcorn and drinks but gotta be a long movie.

How are people “sneaking in” full on meals?
I knew snacks were a go, but people mentioning Popeyes and Chinese food? :lol:

Candy? All the time. A theater in my spot shares the same building as Target. Just stroll through Target and get a 50 piece candy bag for $2.99 and put it in my jacket or my girls purse and proceed to snack during the movie. 50 times the amount of snack, for 1/8th the price.

But dudes taking in actual food? Like burgers, pizza, CHICKEN WINGS, and other three course buffet type foods?! Y'all are truly fools wildin for that.

It's only 2ish hours. Cho' *** down and watch the movie. Popeyes can wait.

Depends on my mood and which theater I go to. For huge theaters like AMC, Regal, etc. I usually just sneak in some peanut m&ms or Reese’s pieces and a bottle of water. For smaller theaters I’ll buy from the concession, the snacks are usually cheaper there and that’s where they make most of their money to stay open.

Yea there is a theatre where I live that serves food and alcohol. Been there a few times.

Pretty nice experience

20180103_130636.png

20180103_130724.png

Btw I had a friend who worked at a theatre before.

They don't give a **** if you "sneak" food in there unless it's something ridiculous like ramen or something
how’s ramen ridiculous?

Any type of entree seems OD for the movies, unless you sitting up in the deluxe seats with the table and waitress.

Sitting shoulder to shoulder with folks while you're mowing down wings or eating a burger is wildin.

that's a major city c'mon man. you ain't never even heard of reserved, reclining seating at the movies? it's the only way to go if you wanna see a popular movie but don't wanna get there early for a good seat.

my wife and i only sneak in candies and stuff. we'd probably bring in more but it's too much of a hassle. when we saw star wars, they had a special where you get a good bacon cheeseburger, huge star wars cup and a side like garlic fries and that was $15. not too ridiculous. one of our staples is to bring furikake and arare to the movies to add to our popcorn. it's a hawaii thing and it's pretty good.

add this:
download (1).jpg

and this:
download.jpg

to this:
download (2).jpg
Recliners, yea.

Reserve, nah, never heard of reserved seats at the theatres.

Like I said, I am the last person to discuss movie going with, nkt something I do much of

My guy Rusty the real MVP for bringing Popeyes to the theatre.

Never been to those VIP theatres but have wanted to. Maybe the next huge movie that comes out, I'll have to reserve some seats.

Back
Top Bottom