So after foams break in, what if you don't wear them for a while?

I recently un-DSed my first pair of foams, I wore them a couple times shooting around at the gym.  they feel great.

but what if they mold to my feet, but then I don't wear them for like a month or two?  do they go back to how they were before breaking them in, or do they stay the same?

thanks in advance

the foam tech is designed to react to the heat coming from your foot....that's what makes the upper pliable and able to mold to the shape of your foot.

If you don't wear them after they've already molded, they'll stay exactly the same if you've stored them in a cool area.

They don't go back to original mold, I remember flight1s, 2s, and 3s hurt like hell brand new when they were first released. Left them in closet for like 8 years, no problem other than sole seperated

After a few months, they turn into tamagotchis, or yoyos, or snoopy bandaids you put on the adjustable part of your Game Miami Hurricanes hat, or whatever the next fad the kids are into at that time. 

One would assume, if you wear foams for a while they would eventually break in, due to the foam material. If you don't wear therm for a while im guessing they would BREAK OUT.... JOkE.. you should be straight. I used to buy foam's true to size and i used to wear them on a day to day basis. i decided to give them a 2 month break and when i decided to try them on they felt even snugger so i def recommend going at least half a size up

OG Foams had the moldable properties, but do these re-re-retros have them as well? IIRC Nike switched production to China and an entirely different Foam fabrication process that was significantly cheaper. They might've sacrificed some of the OGs moldable quality in the process too - it'd be great if an 'expert' could comment.

Originally Posted by vood99

OG Foams had the moldable properties, but do these re-re-retros have them as well? IIRC Nike switched production to China and an entirely different Foam fabrication process that was significantly cheaper. They might've sacrificed some of the OGs moldable quality in the process too - it'd be great if an 'expert' could comment.

That's what i'm wondering... Maybe I just didn't notice a difference but idk if mine have changed any

Originally Posted by ksprull

That's what i'm wondering... Maybe I just didn't notice a difference but idk if mine have changed any
Hehehe we'll have to wait for the 'Jordan Foamposite' experts on Saturday to chime in!
roll.gif

the composite material/tech used to produce it hasn't changed....just the factory used to manufacture them.
The softer foam used these days is a result of one of three things:

a) they're trying to reduce the amount of time it takes to break in.

b) the factory isn't letting the material cool as long as necessary, so that they can turn the production order around faster, resulting in a softer final product with less defined ridges.

c) they're being cheap.

could just be a combination of all of them. either way....i've noticed that they've stiffened 'em up some but not all that much.

seen way more scuffs/scratches/tears on foams made in China than i've ever seen before on ALL foams from 2009 and prior.

Well, your first mistake in my opinion is balling in these. I think this is a horrible basketball shoe. That being said, I'm basing this opinion from the 2000 and 2001 foamposite pros that I have. It seems that if you have them in regular rotation, they will mold to your foot the more you wear them. From my experience, I've worn them regularly for two weeks or so, then put mine away for months and it sort of lost that comfort mold so to speak.

Originally Posted by beh235

Well, your first mistake in my opinion is balling in these. I think this is a horrible basketball shoe. That being said, I'm basing this opinion from the 2000 and 2001 foamposite pros that I have. It seems that if you have them in regular rotation, they will mold to your foot the more you wear them. From my experience, I've worn them regularly for two weeks or so, then put mine away for months and it sort of lost that comfort mold so to speak.

I don't wear them to "ball" so to speak,  I don't want them getting all scuffed up and stepped on.  I just wear them to shoot around by myself at the gym for about 45 minutes each time.
I can't bring myself to wearing these outside and letting them touch pavement, concrete, etc 
laugh.gif

the icy soles are so precious to me.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by beh235

I don't wear them to "ball" so to speak,  I don't want them getting all scuffed up and stepped on.  I just wear them to shoot around by myself at the gym for about 45 minutes each time.
I can't bring myself to wearing these outside and letting them touch pavement, concrete, etc 
laugh.gif

the icy soles are so precious to me.

Oh ok, gotcha. Well in that case, shoot around with them for a couple of weeks and see how they feel. To me, they feel like bricks no matter what I'm doing in them, but that's based off the 2000 and 2001 models.

Back
Top Bottom