So had Five Guys Burgers and Fries for the First Time Vol. California Native

Man its crazy that Dallas, Texas of all places actually has all of them including Whataburger which doesn't get nearly enough love nationally IMO.

For my dollar give me In-N-Out over 5 guys all day.

For 6 bucks and some change I'm full. I'm not a big fan of the fries but they grew on me. A burger, fries and drink at 5 guys is 10-11 bucks.

However Mooyah is better than all them. Smashburger is aight I was extremely disappointed in the size of the burgers and fry portions though for the price. At least at 5 guys for 10 bucks I'm getting an OD amount of fries at Smashburger I'm still hungry.

IMO In-N-Out should be compared to BK, McDonalds, and Whataburger because its fast food.

5 guys and Smashburger are "fast casual" and cost more.

In-N-Out is the best fast food burger, however if I could only eat at one place the rest of my life give me Whataburger all day.

But the two best burger places I have ever been to in my life are Scotty P's and Mooyah. I give Mooyah the nod for their fries, portions, and prices.

This is all coming from a borderline fat guy who loves burgers.

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Had Five Guys. Burger is good but still prefer fuddruckers, or fatburger.

Mother Fuddruckers is smooth, but I must co-sign on Fatburger.  We had one in Detroit for like 2 min and it was actually pretty damn good (because it was drenched in its own wonderful fat)

In - N - Out is so overrated. Everyone gets excited about it because you can only get it in CA, Vegas, or Dallas. That being said, it's still better than Five Guys. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3ac3d7897e12ed1d_m.jpg

damn im hungry

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Did you go to the one in Northridge? It's RIGHT across the street from In N Out, found it hilarious.

Since when? I live in Northridge and I don't even know about this
30t6p3b.gif
It's near Tampa/Nordhoff near the Costco. Both burger places will be the first thing you see when you make left on that light.

Yeah tried the Northridge one on my way home the last Friday. It was a good burger, I ordered the regular because I wasn't sure how big the little was and the *!#! came with 3 patties on it which was OD for me, and they had no small order of fries. It ended up running be just like 11 or 12 just for burger and fries. The burger is good, you choose your own toppings from about 8 and about 3 or 4 different sauces you can throw on there. Next time I'm just gonna go to In & Out.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by 951guero

Did you go to the one in Northridge? It's RIGHT across the street from In N Out, found it hilarious.
laugh.gif
funny you say that because the one i went to in Mo Val is literally 2 minutes away from an In N Out here too

Mo Val = Moreno Valley?

dude, i had the greatest burger in this place called HOGGS. Burgers were huge, price wasn't bad and they were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
My dude yesir; i live across the street from that place; Hoggs has to be one of the most underrated BBQ places in the IE; all there food is appreciated

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3ac3d7897e12ed1d_m.jpg

that !#*# looks nasty as hell 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Just looking at it makes my heart hurt. The same dudes talkin bout how fat America is are in this beastin over a 2k calorie burger
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 951guero

So im a huge In N out Fan and i have to say definitely a disappointment. Its like overkill on a burger\
Another let down was that the lady didnt let me order my burger Medium Rare
indifferent.gif

Overall i wont go here as much as i had planned too but i def got that out of my Bucket List when it comes to Burgers

At the end of the day.....

images
>
images

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Yeah OP I tried it for the first time beg of summer n it's def doing a lot for a burger. I could tell with the fries they tried to bite of "Eat a Burger" too. #hoodjoint
I fools with In n Out but til this day I have yet to taste a burger or fries as good as "Eat a Burger"

solemunchies wrote:

laugh.gif
 funny you say that because the one i went to in Mo Val is literally 2 minutes away from an In N Out here too

Let's see where that lazy marketing research gets them. Feeding off of In n Out's drive thru line, smh!

Originally Posted by jayt206

I just had In N Out for the first time this past summer when I was down in Cali. Thought it was good but overhyped IMO, guess I was expecting to be blown away after hearing so many rave reviews from friends and here on NT. If anyone here's from the Seattle area I thought In N Out was comparable to ****'s Drive-In (Greater Seattle-area chain) which is very good as well. In N Out still has the slight edge over Five Guys though.
Not sure is serious 
ohwell.gif

Anyone else feel that diner or normal restaurant burgers are pretty underrated? Before all this in n out and five guys talk, there was those normal places that serve variety of foods. I have personally never had a bad burger. I can name 5 hole in the wall places better than any chain. I guess convenience plays a part in CA, in seeing so many in n outs near you that they become the go to spot.

Originally Posted by AME416

Had some today and I really do think it's overhyped, still
pimp.gif
And
indifferent.gif
@  IN'N'OUT for not going national or at least hitting a few big markets yet.
30t6p3b.gif
Simple Econ 101/102...supply n demand, scarcity, ring a bell?  
laugh.gif
bro it's in a major market so big it obviously does not matter plus they are expanding after years of being greedy LA#FTW

Five Guys is good, and East coast cats over here claim it's the best.

Negative.

In-N-Out is the best. That's my first stop whenever I get off the plane in Vegas. (Right down the street from the MGM)

Damn son forced it with "its no better then mcdonalds" 5 guys is great but im not a fan of spending 16-17 dollars on a meal for myself

i've had the in and out in Vegas...shake shack in DC....and Five guys multiple locations.......and my favorite is Sonic ...they have the best burgers.....the Double Cheeseburger at Sonic is the best flavored burger i ever tried.........real talk

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

The thing about it though is California is home of the burger, and Californians are not down with Five Guys. It's just slop.

In-N-Out is king around here as far as burger chains go and Five Guys is proving to be nothing more than a pebble at the throne.

On a related note, has anyone tired the Counter?  There's a couple of them over here in the West L.A. area and one that I know of in the South Bay.  I hear good things. 

Yeah, I've been there and it's expensive as hell. You can order a burger from their menu at a fixed price but I'd rather create my own using their checklist form. Only problem is it all adds up and I ended up paying almost $20 for a burger and fries. It was good but... $20?
Damn, 20$ is pretty steep for a burger.  I'll give it a try, but at those prices, I doubt it will end up being a regular spot for me, even if it is good. 

Good thread. Preciate the reminder. Might need to get 5 Guys after Crossfit tonight.
pimp.gif

EDIT: In N Out next week when I'm in Salt Lake.

I like them both.  Hard to say which is better.  Two entirely different burgers IMO. 

I live 10 minutes away from Five Guys and have yet to try it.
In N Out forever though> No burger comes close and the prices are great
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom