So Has Rick Ross Officially Replaced Young Jeezy?

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

I respect Plies more than Ross as a artist (not saying he's better, because his rapping is 
sick.gif
). But he understands that Plies is just a persona, not who he is ALL the time.  He doesn't go into interviews talking the same foolishness he does when he raps.  Dude even said in a interview that he graduated from college when he got called out for being fake.

That's honestly the reason I can listen to Plies. You can tell from his interviews that he has some sense and is definitely not a fool. Him rapping and
when just being interviews are two completely different things, but in a good way. 

Originally Posted by VegasOner

Well music is entertainment at the end of the day.   But Jeezy and Ross are different, They make that trap music, that hustling music so when wayne, drake, kanye fabricate what they say in their rhymes, it is understandable and acceptable because that's not really their lane and tha'ts not what their trying to be perceived as.  

Ross and Jeezy are making music for the streets, so there for credibility does come into factor.  When the music is comming from Jeezy there's an Authenticity to it that just makes the track that much more great and Epic, with Ross the music is great as well but its just entertaining at the end of the day.  Jeezy's Authenticity makes his music that much better. Ross is like a joke but in a cool way, he makes it look cool if that makes any sense.
WRONG

Kanye is keeping it MORE real than any of those dudes since he has a higher chance of ACTUALLY living what he says he does. 

Dude is really in Paris, drunk, in expensive clothes, dipping through streets in the 'bach, smashing any model white woman with two legs and heels. 

You seem like the type of guy to get upset when you learned that Christian Bale really isn't Batman. 

If nothing else, if plotlines matter so much to you, you should know that NO artist should be rapping about street life after their first album since after that point...NONE OF THEM ARE IN THE STREETS ANYMORE!

Every album after that should somewhat resemble an experimentation 808s and Heartbreaks or The Love Below 
laugh.gif
...If you want to talk REALLY talk about progression as an artist 

you suckas need role models if you want "real" influences 
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

You guys are clowns...you don't know what that man been through or have done.."this guy lies so much" shut the *%$! up ...I don't believe. 90% of the !@!% jeezy say...at all...just like any other rapper..."Jeezy is so authentic" shut the *%$! up you wasn't with this man at all...were you with jeezy when he so called was "selling bricks" ? NO you wasn't..95% of you bums ain't never seen a rock of crack let Alone a traphouse...

The music aspect of this debate ain't even close....I listened to TM103 and Teflon Don back to back...jeezy album is riddled with cyhi type struggle bars...but leave it up to you guys because he's so "authentic" his lyrics are amazing..this guy went from recession to some weak #%+ album that would make an "ok" mixtape....this guy flow is no where near Ross flow, his lyrics are trash on this album, and beats album is filled with B grade production

I don't care how many albums he sell..it means 250 thousand idiots bought it...3 years...3...he not getting a pass for being average

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

You guys are clowns...you don't know what that man been through or have done.."this guy lies so much" shut the *%$! up ...I don't believe. 90% of the !@!% jeezy say...at all...just like any other rapper..."Jeezy is so authentic" shut the *%$! up you wasn't with this man at all...were you with jeezy when he so called was "selling bricks" ? NO you wasn't..95% of you bums ain't never seen a rock of crack let Alone a traphouse...

The music aspect of this debate ain't even close....I listened to TM103 and Teflon Don back to back...jeezy album is riddled with cyhi type struggle bars...but leave it up to you guys because he's so "authentic" his lyrics are amazing..this guy went from recession to some weak #%+ album that would make an "ok" mixtape....this guy flow is no where near Ross flow, his lyrics are trash on this album, and beats album is filled with B grade production

I don't care how many albums he sell..it means 250 thousand idiots bought it...3 years...3...he not getting a pass for being average
only thing I want to point out is that Cyhi doesn't suck, IMO...
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

Carry on, I agree with everything you said. 

From the time this thread was created until now I think we all realize at this point that there is no replacing Jeezy or any other artist in hip hop that is held in high regard.  There can be substitutes and alternatives which is where people like Ross, Gucci Mane, and a string of others come into play which is good for them. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by VegasOner

If nothing else, if plotlines matter so much to you, you should know that NO artist should be rapping about street life after their first album since after that point...NONE OF THEM ARE IN THE STREETS ANYMORE!

Every album after that should somewhat resemble an experimentation 808s and Heartbreaks or The Love Below 
laugh.gif
...If you want to talk REALLY talk about progression as an artist 

you suckas need role models if you want "real" influences 
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Thank God/Allah/multiple gods/Nothing that music isn't over-saturated with that type of sound and that there is pretty fair balance on both sides with that.

Originally Posted by debs 168

he's no different than any other rapper out there. styles didn't beat a %!*%@ over the head with a brick til it broke

I'm going to just fly off on a quick tangent here. Because the topic itself is idiotic. No one replaced anyone when both guys are co existing in the same field AND doing well for themselves.

This whole "it's just entertainment" thing. It's pretty sad to me because that's not at all how Rap music began. And I know things change over time. But has it changed for the better?

And when you say "it's just entertainment", well I think that's what's become the problem with Rap.

You guys are looking at 2 different things and treating them the same. Obviously rappers, and musicians in general, use poetic license. Not everything they say is 100% TRUTH as it applies to THEIR life.

So no, Styles didn't beat anyone over the head with a brick until it broke. But he did go to jail for stabbing someone. Beans don't put in work? Don't live it like he talk it?

TI? 50? Gucci? I'm not saying it's a good thing since cats can't stay out of jail. But these dudes are clearly not "CB4". And even the guys who don't talk tough, like Drake or Mos Def or Kweli, sometimes speak from a reality that isn't always meant to "entertain".

I remember arguing in another thread, about Ross of course, and another cat made a good point. There are generational differences when it comes to music.

Years ago, I used to BLAST Mobb Deep on here. All these cats talked about how REAL they were. And if you knew their history, you knew that was nonsense. And in my day, you didn't get a pass for that.

A lot of you grew up in a time where the entertainment replaced the integrity of the music. It had already gone mainstream. Like, before pro wrestling became fake, pro wrestling matches were REAL fights (and we had boxing of course). But the WWF killed all that. It's bizarre that people prefer the fantasy to reality. But I guess that's what you need if you don't like your reality.

But that doesn't mean it's ALL entertainment. Because that's not what it was. It is the polar opposite of how Rap music began and what it was supposed to be.

In 1988, Chuck D said "Rap is CNN for Black People". It actually helped EMPOWER Black people. Now you want to say it's "all entertainment"? Well how did it become that way? I'm sure the guys who like to "question" so much can come up with a theory or 2.

I can see how people have an issue with Ross. It's one thing to take poetic license in your records. It's another to have someone show you picture, ask "is this you", and you straight up lie in an attempt to protect the "street credibility" that you all claim doesn't exist with any rapper to begin with.

Ross knew how important that credibility was. That's why he lied. It was important to him to maintain that. I guess he thought he'd lose his fan base if people knew the truth (which by the way was no secret to anyone who knows people in Miami).

Because Ross is from an era where people cared about that +@!!. Now, no one does. The integrity BEEN gone. But don't expect everyone to be cool with that.

End old man rant.

only thing I want to point out is that Cyhi does n't suck, IMO... 
laugh.gif

Carry on, I agree with everything you said. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

From the time this thread was created until now I think we all realize at this point that there is no replacing Jeezy or any other artist in hip hop that is held in high regard.  There can be substitutes and alternatives which is where people like Ross, Gucci Mane, and a string of others come into play which is good for them.  Ross makes better music... flat out

Bottom line...

N's is in here playing themselves trying to make a point in here.

Dudes in here don't know what Ross has or hasnt done in his past, but continue to question his credibility...

I will never understand what makes Jeezy more authentic than Ross and vice versa...

And in the same instance, you let the credibility and authenticity interfere with the music they make...

Like, how do you listen to music the wrong way??

TM103 is probably the most underwhelming album I've heard in the past couple of years.

Jeezy has the same type of production at his disposal as Rick Ross with the addition to Shawty Redd, Drumma Boy, Toomp, and everyone else that made his first 2 albums as good as they were, but he continues to push the same mediocre music that you all claim is better than Ross's...

Meanwhile, you got Ross in the same position puttin out bangers for the streets and way more decent tracks for his albums and mixtapes...

What Jeezy shouldve done as far as his music goes, is squash the beef and dropped a couple of tracks with Ross...

Imagine what the streets couldve had, and what TM103 couldve been with a Ross feature...

And its sad to say, because I've been a fan of Jeezy's for a minute... But Ross is now at the position in his music career where Jeezy SHOULD be...

Not entirely true. You're making generalizations. Never a good thing.

If you knew street dudes, you would know you can take the dude out the street, but you can't take the street out the dude. Beans, Styles, Gucci, TI, and many more have gotten clipped by being caught up both IN the streets, and/or in STREET %*%*. Well after their first album.

Jay Z stabbed someone after his first album. He may not be in the streets, but what the $%#$ you call that? He ain't allowed to rap about street life after his first album when he's still putting in work like that? Obviously, he has moved on since.

$%#$ atta here. Something tells me you have no business even discussing these streets.

EDIT: I just realized how asinine it is to believe that rappers aren't in the streets anymore after their first album. You really think every rapper gets paid like that off ONE album? You think they got it made and their personality does a full 180?

Do you have any idea how much these guys really make off of album sales? Do people even buy albums anymore? Do you have any idea how much money the label needs to recoup from the sales of that first album before they see paper?

Of course you have no idea. Never seems to stop you from speaking on it though.

I will never understand what makes Jeezy more authentic than Ross and vice versa...

This was answered in the post right before yours, you must have missed it.  Not to worry though champ, I'll repost it for you in bold..................

I can see how people have an issue with Ross. It's one thing to take poetic license in your recordsIt's another to have someone show you picture, ask "is this you", and you straight up lie in an attempt to protect the "street credibility" that you all claim doesn't exist with any rapper to begin with.

Dudes in here don't know what Ross has or hasnt done in his past

We know he lied on camera in person as William Roberts, so that's all we need to know about him and his past..................and his character as well.  If you lie you cheat, and if you cheat you steal, and nobody likes a thief.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

^ that's cool, it's all entertainment. But they make similar music and if I'm listening to that type of music, I'd rather hear it from a player and not a fan in the crowd.

Aye man I'm not even gonna debate it , what you eat don't make %$#* ..

You can tell when dudes know they on the losing end of an argument...N's start talking more and more like their opinon on quality of music is FACT and just not their opinion.

Regardless of the thoughts yall type out that says Ross is making better music than Jeezy...you are gonna find just as many people or more that say opposite or feel they both are in the same boat.

why would Jay say "The game is eff'ed up, N's beats is bangin, N' ya hooks did it, Ya lyrics didnt, ya gangsta look did it" if it didnt hold any weight??

Ross is got a better flow than Jeezy(
eyes.gif
), he picks some dope beats...but thats where it stops. All this other stuff ya trying to highlight is very
laugh.gif

grin.gif

indifferent.gif

Sooo say its all "lies and entertainment"...I dont want to see a Scorsese mob film with Tom Hanks and George Clooney, I want the one with Robert Deniro and Al Pacino. Sure none of the four are part of the mob in real life but the latter two have done it long enough to where its the most entertaining and as close to real life as possible.

and im personally not even that caught up on the CO thing...i just dont think Ross has or can replace Jeezy. There is no connection there with his music for me. and i aint no "street" dude but Jeezys music is more transparent in the things ive heard and seen and believe to be true... they are more than just well put together words over dope instrumentation.

This was answered in the post right before yours, you must have missed it.  Not to worry though champ, I'll repost it for you in bold..................

I can see how people have an issue with Ross. It's one thing to take poetic license in your recordsIt's another to have someone show you picture, ask "is this you", and you straight up lie in an attempt to protect the "street credibility" that you all claim doesn't exist with any rapper to begin with.

We know he lied on camera in person as William Roberts, so that's all we need to know about him and his past..................and his character as well.  If you lie you cheat, and if you cheat you steal, and nobody likes a thief.

Ok, I see.

This is all about discrediting his music because of a lie he told... Regardless of what he really did in the past, or who or what he couldve been protecting... and regardless of the fact that his music is superior to Jeezy's...

And then you end the post with a quote from a f**kin Sunday school teacher...

To stay on topic... it would be foolish to use the reasoning you've brought forth and besmirch a N's music because of a lie he told... Someone none of us know personally...

But if you fall under the same umbrella of that which you largely bolded in the previous quote, I'm not sure of what else to say... other than that reasoning is terrible.

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

And its sad to say, because I've been a fan of Jeezy's for a minute... But Ross is now at the position in his music career where Jeezy SHOULD be...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what exact position is that?

Aligning yourself with ery artist thats hot so you can stay hot?

if Ross was in that good of a position why he drop those 2 singles?

Ross is the hardest working GOLD artist in rap...and thats whats really sad...cuz it almost killed him.
ohwell.gif

I agree with everything highlighted, this album should have been wayyyyyyy better than it was

Only point anyone should be making in here is that Ross clearly HASN'T replaced Jeezy from a relevance/sales standpoint. that's all, quality of music wise I can't say Jeezy's last album was better than Ross' I don't care how fake he is. Teflon Don > TM103 by a mile

or who or what he couldve been protecting
Who or what he couldve been protecting..............so what's your theory behind this statement??  Do you think he was trying to protect a fellow CO classmate of his that was in the picture with him for some reason, prehaps he didn't want the CO board to review his past test scores and find out that he cheated on past exams, or perhaps he didn't want folks to look at the picture to closely and realize that he was wearing a clip-on tie.  Do you think it's one of these or possibly something else??  Seriously I would love to hear your theory or rationale behind this statement since you brought it up.

and regardless of the fact that his music is superior to Jeezy's...

That's not a fact, only an opinion that you have, just to clarify. 

Ok, I see.

This is all about discrediting his music because of a lie he told... Regardless of what he really did in the past, or who or what he couldve been protecting... and regardless of the fact that his music is superior to Jeezy's...

To stay on topic... it would be foolish to use the reasoning you've brought forth and besmirch a N's music because of a lie he told... Someone none of us know personally...

But if you fall under the same umbrella of that which you largely bolded in the previous quote, I'm not sure of what else to say... other than that reasoning is terrible.

You're missing the point. You're clearly a Ross FAN, so you have your view. Open your mind enough to realize others have their view as well. As you get older, you realize, there are 2 sides to every story. The truth is usually in the middle.

No one is discrediting his music. At least I'm not. That doesn't mean we believe it is THAT great either. That is an OPINION.

We are discrediting the person. Is the music NOT an extension of the person somewhat? Why do I need to know him personally when he's been caught in a lie publicly?

If Stephen Tyler or George Michael made the illest Rap record sonically, talking about moving weight, would you accept it? No. Why? Because you would think it lacks a certain integrity? Even though you don't know their struggle and don't KNOW if it's true or not.

A large percentage of you would likely discredit a gay rapper no matter how good his/her music may or may not be. Be *%#*%%* real with yourselves. And that would have little to nothing to do with the MUSIC. Chris Brown is a woman beater. There are people who will not $*$* with him because of this. No matter how good his music is.

It's cool if you want to ignore the lie. I'm not looking to recruit people into hating Ross when I like some of his music.

But we clearly ain't built the same. And likely came up in different times. Understand that some dudes will have a problem with him lying. If you don't stand for something, things that are important to YOU, you'll fall for anything.

There are plenty of other artists whose music I can appreciate and who I can also respect around that from what I know of them. Sadly, we live in an era where we know TOO much about these guys outside of music. And that can effect how you view them and even make it somewhat difficult to enjoy their music.

Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ross is the hardest working GOLD artist in rap...and thats whats really sad...cuz it almost killed him.
ohwell.gif

Lets see here, he should be in the position that shows some growth in his music...thats the position..dude out here parading around like a heavy weight when in actuality his music as of today is the poster child of mediocrity..but as long as there is fans like you those mediocre albums will sell...his mixtapes leading up to this album...were average to poor...just like his album..he showed no growth as an artist. He took a step back a major one...lets see repetitive hooks, corny punchlines that don't make sense at all, the same tired flow, none of his adlibs are there, very poor production considering his track recorded for beats...everything he did right on recession he did wrong on TM103...As an artist you should get better and grow, something Ross does pretty damn well

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Every rapper has lied on a track. Hell, J. Cole used to spit about "grabbin' Ak's" on his first mixtape and we ALL know that ain't true
laugh.gif
The issue people have with Ross is the fact he doesn't know when the lying needs to stop and differentiate "Rick Ross" from William Roberts.

I respect Plies more than Ross as a artist (not saying he's better, because his rapping is 
sick.gif
). But he understands that Plies is just a persona, not who he is ALL the time.  He doesn't go into interviews talking the same foolishness he does when he raps.  Dude even said in a interview that he graduated from college when he got called out for being fake.

Ross on the other hand really tries to be his persona 100% of the time.  Which is why he lied about being a C.O. If dude wasn't so caught up in his image nobody would've cared what he did before rapping.

Originally Posted by illphillip

he's no different than any other rapper out there. styles didn't beat a %!*%@ over the head with a brick til it broke

I'm going to just fly off on a quick tangent here. Because the topic itself is idiotic. No one replaced anyone when both guys are co existing in the same field AND doing well for themselves.

This whole "it's just entertainment" thing. It's pretty sad to me because that's not at all how Rap music began. And I know things change over time. But has it changed for the better?

And when you say "it's just entertainment", well I think that's what's become the problem with Rap.

You guys are looking at 2 different things and treating them the same. Obviously rappers, and musicians in general, use poetic license. Not everything they say is 100% TRUTH as it applies to THEIR life.

So no, Styles didn't beat anyone over the head with a brick until it broke. But he did go to jail for stabbing someone. Beans don't put in work? Don't live it like he talk it?

TI? 50? Gucci? I'm not saying it's a good thing since cats can't stay out of jail. But these dudes are clearly not "CB4". And even the guys who don't talk tough, like Drake or Mos Def or Kweli, sometimes speak from a reality that isn't always meant to "entertain".

I remember arguing in another thread, about Ross of course, and another cat made a good point. There are generational differences when it comes to music.

Years ago, I used to BLAST Mobb Deep on here. All these cats talked about how REAL they were. And if you knew their history, you knew that was nonsense. And in my day, you didn't get a pass for that.

A lot of you grew up in a time where the entertainment replaced the integrity of the music. It had already gone mainstream. Like, before pro wrestling became fake, pro wrestling matches were REAL fights (and we had boxing of course). But the WWF killed all that. It's bizarre that people prefer the fantasy to reality. But I guess that's what you need if you don't like your reality.

But that doesn't mean it's ALL entertainment. Because that's not what it was. It is the polar opposite of how Rap music began and what it was supposed to be.

In 1988, Chuck D said "Rap is CNN for Black People". It actually helped EMPOWER Black people. Now you want to say it's "all entertainment"? Well how did it become that way? I'm sure the guys who like to "question" so much can come up with a theory or 2.

I can see how people have an issue with Ross. It's one thing to take poetic license in your records. It's another to have someone show you picture, ask "is this you", and you straight up lie in an attempt to protect the "street credibility" that you all claim doesn't exist with any rapper to begin with.

Ross knew how important that credibility was. That's why he lied. It was important to him to maintain that. I guess he thought he'd lose his fan base if people knew the truth (which by the way was no secret to anyone who knows people in Miami).

Because Ross is from an era where people cared about that +@!!. Now, no one does. The integrity BEEN gone. But don't expect everyone to be cool with that.

End old man rant.

"EVERYDAY a star is boorn...clap for him, clap for him, clap for him...hey!"

He just KILLED this thread and if you little Rick Ross fans STILL don't get it, I guess you never will.

You can tell when dudes know they on the losing end of an argument...N's start talking more and more like their opinon on quality of music is FACT and just not their opinion.

Regardless of the thoughts yall type out that says Ross is making better music than Jeezy...you are gonna find just as many people or more that say opposite or feel they both are in the same boat.

why would Jay say "The game is eff'ed up, N's beats is bangin, N' ya hooks did it, Ya lyrics didnt, ya gangsta look did it" if it didnt hold any weight??

eyes.gif
), he picks some dope beats...but thats where it stops. All this other stuff ya trying to highlight is very
laugh.gif

grin.gif

indifferent.gif

I fail to understand why you quoted this...

Did Jay say that as a subliminal towards rappers of the likes of Ross and Jeezy? Because since then, he's done a lot of tracks with both... So what would that make Jay-Z? Or how 'credible' would this quote even be??

Ace Rawstein wrote:
BLADE BR0WN wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That could be one way...

Maybe growing as an artist...

Or featuring yourself on others' music so their stuff could be hot...

Or assembling a team of artist with a good buzz to bring attention to your label/music and open up more avenues...

Or to be all over the radio for the past year and some change...

Ace Rawstein wrote:

ohwell.gif

That may have been his 1st L since BMF dropped...

And the joint with Nicki is still on the radio and in clubs...

Sales mean hardly anything in a discussion on whose music is better...

illphillip wrote:
BLADE BR0WN wrote:
Deuce King wrote:

I can see how people have an issue with Ross. It's one thing to take poetic license in your records.  It's another to have someone show you picture, ask "is this you", and you straight up lie in an attempt to protect the "street credibility" that you all claim doesn't exist with any rapper to begin with.

Ok, I see.

You're missing the point. You're clearly a Ross FAN, so you have your view. Open your mind enough to realize others have their view as well. As you get older, you realize, there are 2 sides to every story. The truth is usually in the middle.

No one is discrediting his music. At least I'm not. That doesn't mean we believe it is THAT great either. That is an OPINION.

We are discrediting the person. Is the music NOT an extension of the person somewhat? Why do I need to know him personally when he's been caught in a lie publicly?

If Stephen Tyler or George Michael made the illest Rap record sonically, talking about moving weight, would you accept it? No. Why? Because you would think it lacks a certain integrity? Even though you don't know their struggle and don't KNOW if it's true or not.

A large percentage of you would likely discredit a gay rapper no matter how good his/her music may or may not be. Be *%#*%%* real with yourselves. And that would have little to nothing to do with the MUSIC. Chris Brown is a woman beater. There are people who will not $*$* with him because of this. No matter how good his music is.

It's cool if you want to ignore the lie. I'm not looking to recruit people into hating Ross when I like some of his music.

But we clearly ain't built the same. And likely came up in different times. Understand that some dudes will have a problem with him lying. If you don't stand for something, things that are important to YOU, you'll fall for anything.

There are plenty of other artists whose music I can appreciate and who I can also respect around that from what I know of them. Sadly, we live in an era where we know TOO much about these guys outside of music. And that can effect how you view them and even make it somewhat difficult to enjoy their music.

Naw, you got it twisted...

For one, I'm a fan of both these dudes music, so dont discredit me from being a Jeezy fan either...

You're making me out to be some 'super stan' with your implications and you're generalizing damn near everything else...

I understand that people have opinions, I have no problem with opinions, but the reasoning behind them is what I'm not understanding and it's what you're ignoring...

And you playing into these artists personal lives a little too much...

Me honestly, I could care less about any of these artists and what they do with there lives... and none of us know what happened at any of the critical point in there lives which make most listeners form opinions about that artist's music...

I just know that they're here to provide a certain type of music... That will put me in a certain type of mood...

No one really knows how real a rapper is or isn't...

YOU THINK know how real these rappers are based off the crimes they got caught for... not for what they've actually done or haven't done...

None of their personal s**t should matter when they put out music that we enjoy...

How hard is that to grasp??

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

indifferent.gif

I fail to understand why you quoted this...

Did Jay say that as a subliminal towards rappers of the likes of Ross and Jeezy? Because since then, he's done a lot of tracks with both... So what would that make Jay-Z? Or how 'credible' would this quote even be??

Ace Rawstein wrote:
BLADE BR0WN wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That could be one way...

Maybe growing as an artist...

Or featuring yourself on others' music so their stuff could be hot...

Or assembling a team of artist with a good buzz to bring attention to your label/music and open up more avenues...

Or to be all over the radio for the past year and some change...

Ace Rawstein wrote:

ohwell.gif

That may have been his 1st L since BMF dropped...

And the joint with Nicki is still on the radio and in clubs...

Sales mean hardly anything in a discussion on whose music is better...

illphillip wrote:
BLADE BR0WN wrote:

Ok, I see.

Naw, you got it twisted...

For one, I'm a fan of both these dudes music, so dont discredit me from being a Jeezy fan either...

You're making me out to be some 'super stan' with your implications and you're generalizing damn near everything else...

I understand that people have opinions, I have no problem with opinions, but the reasoning behind them is what I'm not understanding and it's what you're ignoring...

And you playing into these artists personal lives a little too much...

Me honestly, I could care less about any of these artists and what they do with there lives... and none of us know what happened at any of the critical point in there lives which make most listeners form opinions about that artist's music...

I just know that they're here to provide a certain type of music... That will put me in a certain type of mood...

No one really knows how real a rapper is or isn't...

YOU THINK know how real these rappers are based off the crimes they got caught for... not for what they've actually done or haven't done...

None of their personal s**t should matter when they put out music that we enjoy...

How hard is that to grasp??

Where did I discredit you from being a Jeezy fan?

You say all these things as they pertain to YOU, that YOU could care less, that their music puts YOU in a certain mood. Then make a broad statement about the rest of us that "none of their personal *+*! should matter when they put out music that WE enjoy".

Well it does matter to some of us. That's the only point I'm trying to make. I'm speaking for myself and if you look above, people obviously agree to a certain extent. At no point have I suggested that anyone needs to think like me. I'm giving you my perspective where you seem concerned about what I think and in trying to convince me that William Roberts' actions as a person shouldn't matter to me.

I'm using crimes these guys got caught for as an example of a REALITY that is not based SOLELY in "entertainment". That there is a reality supporting what they say and do as entertainers.

And you would be surprised how much I KNOW on top of what I THINK.

How am I playing into their personal lives too much? If it's out there to be consumed, then I will consume, process and act accordingly.

Like I said, we live in a world where we now know more about these guys outside of music than ever. If you want to ignore it all, then more power to you. Like your sig says. Ignorance is bliss.

It's fine if YOU don't understand the reasoning behind what I'm saying. As long as I understand it, I'm good.

We'll just agree to disagree.

Happy Holidays.

Originally Posted by illphillip

End old man rant.

This.

Like any other genre or craft, commercialization has thoroughly ravaged and continues to hurt the game.
30t6p3b.gif

TM103 was weak tho.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom