SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Yea I do, only because I am too compliant with this social norm. I never WANT to though. Never. But I do.

I also like how restaurants have moved from the, "15%/18%/20%" scale.

Now I see, on receipts, "18%/20%/22%" suggestions on the bottom.

I never give more than 20%
Props for being honest. Society definitely guilts you into it, kinda like feeling forced to buy gifts on Christmas.

Victim blaming?

If they’re shocked about the people who exercise their right to an *optional* form of provided income from the consumer to the waiter (who willingly took the job knowing that could be the case) how does that make them a victim? If anything, they’re shocked at something they already knew would happen.

I, the consumer, am not their employer. If they’re unhappy with their wages or how they’re paid (heavily relying on tips), it’s simple: you don’t work there. Or you find a restaurant that raises prices so the tipping factor is taken out.

If more waiters understood that some people think tipping is right and some don’t, then things would go a lot smoother. But a lot of people seem to think that that tipping is a requirement, and not tipping means you don’t have the money to and that you shouldn’t be able to dine out.

I don’t think either side is wrong, I think it’s all preference and if anyone in the dining business has an issue with someone having the preference of *not* tipping, they should leave said business.
Lol, all of the above critiques could be said about any job that doesn't offer some form of benefits. It's easy to say "you should've known/expect this, why are you complaining" when it's not you eating ****. If you could a pay a 10-20% increase on your meal then you can pay that same 10-20% directly to the waiting. Anything else is just making excusing to justify shallow coffers.

For the non-tippers out there just remember to not be rude if you're not going to tip, especially if you plan on going back...Y'all have to remember who's handling your food :lol:

There's a list for rude non-tippers...They don't forget those types.

For the non-tippers out there just remember to not be rude if you're not going to tip, especially if you plan on going back...Y'all have to remember who's handling your food :lol:

There's a list for rude non-tippers...They don't forget those types.
Exactly, if I don't leave a tip because of bad service, I will not go back for MANY years. Northern VA has to many food establishments to worry about it.

Exactly, if I don't leave a tip because of bad service, I will not go back for MANY years. Northern VA has to many food establishments to worry about it.

Bad service can happen to anyone. Most of the time the server knows that they gave bad service. When I worked as a server and the kitchen would mess up an order I knew that was coming back to me. People eating don't care what's going on in the back, they just want what they ordered and in a timely fashion.

But man if you are getting good or regular service and you act like a douche to your server and act sly at the end with no tip....
note23.gif

Bad service can happen to anyone. Most of the time the server knows that they gave bad service. When I worked as a server and the kitchen would mess up an order I knew that was coming back to me. People eating don't care what's going on in the back, they just want what they ordered and in a timely fashion.

But man if you are getting good or regular service and you act like a douche to your server and act sly at the end with no tip....
note23.gif
Man I remember some of the times I use to screw up orders, basically had the mindset I wasn't getting a tip. Being thrown into the fire at a breakfast establishment on a Saturday, oh tables were getting orders all F-ed up. I never memorized the table numbers so people running my food went to the wrong table.

I started doing this a few times in the past couple of years, if the service isn't going well and it is still serviceable for the waiter. Meaning we haven't ordered yet and obviously haven't received our food. I let them know, "I don't think service is going well so far, I'm going to need you to step it up." The couple times I did, the service improved, but I stopped because of how much of a douche I felt it sounded.

I’ve tipped 1% by accident (tried putting in 10 but I pressed ok instead of 0) twice and I felt pretty bad after. It was at a bar and i ended up just tipping more the next round I got.

You don't need a calculator to tip 10%. Just move the decimal one space to the left. Bill is $48.50. Tip of 10% would be $4.85. Double that for 20%.

You don't need a calculator to tip 10%. Just move the decimal one space to the left. Bill is $48.50. Tip of 10% would be $4.85. Double that for 20%.
Meh just give $5 if it is that close or a $10. My wife use to infuriate me when she would pay with a card and make the final amount with the tip an even number. I am like you know that means the waiter is getting X and 17 cents change as a tip. :lol:

She was like I like round numbers in my charges section.

What was the title before?

The title was what it is now.

But H2H went off on Oprah for some irrational reason, saying that she was stealing movie roles from other more qualified black actresses. So title got switched to something like..."H2H thinks Oprah should be banned" :lol:

Meh just give $5 if it is that close or a $10. My wife use to infuriate me when she would pay with a card and make the final amount with the tip an even number. I am like you know that means the waiter is getting X and 17 cents change as a tip. :lol:

She was like I like round numbers in my charges section.

I don't necessarily give round number tips, but if the service is satisfactory I always give a tip of around 30-40%. I rarely go out to eat though. If I went out to eat more often I would have to dial that back a bit.

Lol, all of the above critiques could be said about any job that doesn't offer some form of benefits. It's easy to say "you should've known/expect this, why are you complaining" when it's not you eating ****. If you could a pay a 10-20% increase on your meal then you can pay that same 10-20% directly to the waiting. Anything else is just making excusing to justify shallow coffers.

I was the one eating s*** and not once did I think my lack of income in my employment agreement was the fault of anyone around me, let alone my customers. Lmao

Last edited:
Why does it seem like the super pro tipping folks who get irrationally angry tend to ignore this information?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-in-the-united-states/?utm_term=.f67b48971988

*btw I tip and think taking your entire fam out, spending 100s and not tipping is foul as hell with the system as it is right now

I posted something similar earlier just minus a link. But that’s the disingenuous aspect of tipping. Waiters and servers stereotype who they perceive to be bad tippers and don’t put the same effort and service into those who they assume will tip well.

In that sense, when they get a low or no tip it’s on them in that their service played a part. Earlier this summer I went to go eat at some burger spot by the beach. I went solo and I had just left the gym so I was looking somewhat bummy. The service I got was trash, I was ignored, never checked on yet the lady serving me was constantly checking on the two older gentlemen seated next to me to the point it was noticeable to me.

I didn’t tip because I felt her poor negligent service didn’t warrant a tip. I wasn’t going to make a stink about it because she’s a grown woman and knows what her job is. If she assumed she wasn’t going to get a good tip because I went solo and was dressed more casual than the other patrons and let her service reflect it. That’s on her.

I left a review on yelp where I said that the food was good (which it was) but the service was trash. I noticed a few similar reviews. The owner of the place called me a week later, invited me to come back for a free meal. We talked for a while when I went back and he told me that he ended up firing a few of his staff because he noticed the consistency in service complaints.

I cant get jiggy with the non tipping. Always leave minimum 20%. Yea they chose to take the low paying hourly rate but they depend on tips. People have families to feed and not tipping when the service is good is just wrong. And if you go back to whatever place you didnt tip, god bless you. Best believe they remember the non tippers. You gotta realize these ppl handle your food and can easily mess with it and you wouldnt know. Not saying thats right either but that in reality is the chance you are taking when you dont tip and go back to that establishment.

And tbh I dont think nawghty really doesnt tip. I think with that last receipt, he signed the customer copy. Theres no way someone would spend 250 on a meal and not tip. You are my fellow mopar brother nawghty but I think you do the non tipping thing for lolz.

I would like a live stream of you paying for a bill like that, showing the merchant copy with 0.00 on the tip line and you walking out. Prove me wrong brah lol

We are still mopar bros though even though we disagree on tipping :lol:

So you realized you were eating **** and just happily shoved it in? :rofl:

No I worked the job because I had to while I looked for another, better paying job, to mutually agree to work for a wage at.

I’m saying that while I was the one “eating ****”, as you put it, assuming I’ve never been on that side so I’m speaking on something I don’t know about, I never blamed my customers for any gripe I had with my pay.

You wanna divert off the conversation path? Cause we can just float back into the thread if that’s the case.

Nawghty would buy a game from one spot on sale just to return it another spot that didn’t have it on sale for that little profit.

Dude is wylin but I can’t knock the hustle in a lot of cases :lol: as grimey as it can be

so do yall hang out with non-tippers? and got out to eat with them?

I have. But I've been comfortable enough to where I can just be like "f**k is wrong with you? I'll cover the tip."

If it was someone I wasn't comfortable saying that to and felt they were cheaping out on the tip, I'd probably just hover around or say I had to take a piss and go throw the server some cash.

I have to wonder what your kids took from this entire encounter?

That's a cornball move in my opinion. And they way you are trying to portray yourself in this thread makes me even more secure in my thoughts.

Cornballism
Huh? If I’m taking my kids out to eat sea food dinners and steak etc. I’ll be damned if they ever question anything I do while they eating good.

I love when the pro tip crowd says servers are gonna do something to your food if you don’t tip. They are basically saying the serevers, off top, ain’t ****.

I broke no laws by not tipping but it’s ok for them to commit a crimes. Scumbag behavior supported by scumbags.

Back
Top Bottom