So i got dirt on my Air Max 90 infared's. How do I clean them?

DJ Assault
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I didn't tie the pillow case. The shoes shouldn't come out if you use the gentle/delicate cycle. Just put the shoes in the pillowcase and then put theminto your washing machine. Don't worry if you have to squeeze them into the machine; you can fix the shape afterwards.

The shoes go in the pillowcase. The shoelaces and insoles should be removed.

I put the detergent in the water so it could mix in with the Structures in my pillowcase.

The colors did not fade on my shoes so I guess they shouldn't fade on others.

Remember: DO NOT PUT THESE IN THE DRYER. Let your shoes air dry. Also, stuff socks inside the toeboxes of both shoes so that the shape can resemble what it wasbefore.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

DJ Assault
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I didn't tie the pillow case. The shoes shouldn't come out if you use the gentle/delicate cycle. Just put the shoes in the pillowcase and then put them into your washing machine. Don't worry if you have to squeeze them into the machine; you can fix the shape afterwards.

The shoes go in the pillowcase. The shoelaces and insoles should be removed.

I put the detergent in the water so it could mix in with the Structures in my pillowcase.

The colors did not fade on my shoes so I guess they shouldn't fade on others.

Remember: DO NOT PUT THESE IN THE DRYER. Let your shoes air dry. Also, stuff socks inside the toeboxes of both shoes so that the shape can resemble what it was before.
can this please be edited into the original post?

It's not really that hard people.

And since I'm still in a typing mood, some more pointers:

If it is going to be cold outside, it's probably better to air dry the shoes indoors. I actually left my shoes outside overnight (on a damp 40-degreeevening) and my shoes were STILL damp the next morning
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just keep them inside in a well-lit area. Of course, make sure room temperature is good (60-70F)

DO NOT BLOW-DRY THE SHOES. It's not worth the effort.

Those people concerned about colors transferring from a dark pillowcase to a light-colored shoe should just use a light-colored pillowcase. I used some lightbeige-colored one and I encountered no problems.

HOW DO I WASH LACES?

Wash them with your regular laundry. Once the spin cycle stops, take the laces out and air dry. They should be dried in a couple hours.

DO NOT PUT LACES IN THE DRYER. You will only make the laces frayed all over. Plus, you'll get those little lint specks stuck on them.

Can you wash insoles? I wouldn't recommend it. If you did, they're probably gonna get more flimsy and less comfortable. Nike insoles (especially theAir Structure's...cheap piece of (&$#@ ) are flimsy enough as is.

Someone had asked about oxyclean. If you want, pre-treat the stains on the shoe with it then dump the shoes into a pillowcase into a washing machine. Then,pour in a little detergent.

I haven't tried this with any other shoes. I might try this with a pair of the all grey Air Stabs. I'm not sure if it's going to work on anall-leather shoe.

One more thing: threads on your shoes *may* get a little frayed after you take them out of the washing machine. It shouldn't be a big deal but this shouldserve as an indicator that you don't need to put your shoes in the washing machine every time after you wear them.

done with air max 90 current infareds, HOA 87s, millitary 4s, vans , etc..... cant complain and no damage
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by New York Post

I bit the bullet and
eek.gif
they came out amazing. not a scratch on the patent leather. I'll post pics later
YOU BETTER....

71d25a560dc735a081f6dd2472aa0c08ec4c107.jpg

laugh.gif
I like how two of us told you not to do it and you still did it anyway

You did use the delicate cycle, right?

Ok so they aren't concords but their my DMP XI's and they left shoe was pretty yellowed so I put them both in a white pillow case, threw some oxycleanand tide soap powder on them, and washed them on gentle cycle with cold water and whaaalaaaa!!.....................

30tm2xk.jpg

t9a5bb.jpg

2hrg19w.jpg

*sorry for the crappy iphone pics*

those came out really good, now i know what to do with XI's lmao....

Brian - I washed my pair of all grey stabs.....came out just as good as all the others. i actually washed all my 95's, 87's, structures, and stabs inthe same cycle. not one issue occured, of course the key is the proper preparation as you outlined in your post. that is CRUCIAL!

NYPost, thanks for the great pics.
pimp.gif
for proving us nay-sayers wrong.

Never thought patent leather could remain intact. It looks like it has the same shine it did before the wash. Great job.

Mayhem, word, preparation is key.

Wow, great advice. Now I feel comfortable breaking out my ds 95 neons knowing I can throw em in the wash and restore is original beauty.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Wow, great advice. Now I feel comfortable breaking out my ds 95 neons knowing I can throw em in the wash and restore is original beauty.

Just hope the midsole doesn't crumble first.

wow those came out real good. I just throw my stuff in the washer now. i dont know how to wash so my mom does it for me
laugh.gif
shes never wanted me to learn. Iuse a this stuff called gum out it works on everything

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

can i use a blue liquid detergent???

I dont see a problem, does it turn white Ts or other clothing blue? Id just make sure the soap is dissolved in the water first, be careful to not get the bluesoap directly on the white parts.

Don't even need to use a pillow case. I have washed mine by themselves just took them off my feet and threw in the washer atleast 6 different times andthey always come out looking brand new.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

can i use a blue liquid detergent???

I dont see a problem, does it turn white Ts or other clothing blue? Id just make sure the soap is dissolved in the water first, be careful to not get the blue soap directly on the white parts.
I used Tide Concentrate...about as blue as it gets.

There shouldn't be a problem but if you want to play it safe, pour some of the detergent into the water first instead of pouring it on the shoes directly.

Back
Top Bottom