SO I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY THAT I HAVE CANCER...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by JT AIR JT

I don't know what type of liver cancer it is. My mom just told me, but I will go to the doctors on March the 5th so I'll keep y'all updated. 
frown.gif
I'm sorry but this sounds incredibly implausible to me. I didn't want to say it before but every time you post, I become more suspicious. You're mom told you that you have cancer? You STILL don't know anything? You're waiting a MONTH to go to see oncologists? This just doesn't make any sense to me. 
That's why I asked how old he was.

#1 If you are over the age of 18, according to HIPAA they are not allowed to provide that information to anyone except you, unless consented in writing.
#2 They would not tell you have cancer "over the phone".

Source: Being in clinical practice for 2 years

That's why I asked NT back when this thread first started. Someone responded but I already knew the answer. I just didn't want to rock the boat.

OP I will pray for you every damn day.  PM me if on the east coast, godbless to you and your family.  You WILL beat this.

That's why I asked NT back when this thread first started. Someone responded but I already knew the answer. I just didn't want to rock the boat.
I don't believe him either. 
1. Given his likely age, there are only a few hepatic cancers (aka malignant tumors) that he could possibly have. Hepatic tumor? More plausible. Not nearly as big of a deal though.

2. If he's at least 18, it is a HIPAA violation for the physician to notify his mother instead of him. Maybe he gave explicit instructions to allow his mother to be informed of his health. However, it's highly unlikely that the physician would not speak with him also.

3. Follow-up a month later? No chance in hell. I can't think of a hepatic malignancy that isn't highly aggressive. You would be at radiology the next day getting imaging if possible.

4. Cancer over the phone? No.

So yeah, if I'm wrong then call me an %!%. But the story is ridiculous. 

Originally Posted by rashi

I don't know what type of liver cancer it is. My mom just told me, but I will go to the doctors on March the 5th so I'll keep y'all updated. 
frown.gif
I'm sorry but this sounds incredibly implausible to me. I didn't want to say it before but every time you post, I become more suspicious. You're mom told you that you have cancer? You STILL don't know anything? You're waiting a MONTH to go to see oncologists? This just doesn't make any sense to me. 
That's why I asked how old he was.

#1 If you are over the age of 18, according to HIPAA they are not allowed to provide that information to anyone except you, unless consented in writing.
#2 They would not tell you have cancer "over the phone".

Source: Being in clinical practice for 2 years
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I dont see why someone would lie about something so sad.

From his past post he seems young.
He's either a liar or just misinformed about what he has. Maybe he heard tumor. Tumor does not mean cancer. 

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

He's either a liar or just misinformed about what he has. Maybe he heard tumor. Tumor does not mean cancer. 
" So my Mom goes in my room and asks me a couple of questions about my day. "
After further investigation he is young, his mom asked about his day.
laugh.gif

My mom could careless about my day.
laugh.gif

He already said he didn't know everything.

Just wait till he comes back, no use of calling OP a liar.

not saying whether he's lying or not but people lie about everything here.  when done properly it's funny (darko) but dudes on here are cornballs now.

Originally Posted by BANG

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

cumin and garlic. make them your best friends. sorry to hear that man, stay up.
http://www.cancer.gov/can...ic-and-cancer-prevention

http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/nigella-sativa

they won't destroy cancer but these with the proper diet can make going through chemo less of a nightmare.

sources: internet; friend who beat testicular cancer; nurse/friend at Inova Fairfax.

but uhhhh OP might be fibbing?
laugh.gif
@ thinking someone wouldn't lie about cancer.

I'm 22, like my profile says. I haven't drank alcohol since freshman year of college - about 4 years ago. And why would I lie about having cancer.
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

I gave my mom consent a couple of months ago to have access to all my medical records. And the reason why it's taking so long to see a doctor is because my stepdad lost his job a couple of months ago, so instead of going to Kaiser Permanente, I have to go to a state/government run hospital that takes FOREVER to see patients. I remember having a bad cough and it literally took them 6 hours just to check my blood pressure and ask general questions. It took about 8 hours total for me to be released with a prescription.

And I don't need kicks or money, your support and prayers are good enough.

smile.gif

I'm 22, like my profile says. I haven't drank alcohol since freshman year of college - about 4 years ago. And why would I lie about having cancer.
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

I gave my mom consent a couple of months ago to have access to all my medical records. And the reason why it's taking so long to see a doctor is because my stepdad lost his job a couple of months ago, so instead of going to Kaiser Permanente, I have to go to a state/government run hospital that takes FOREVER to see patients. I remember having a bad cough and it literally took them 6 hours just to check my blood pressure and ask general questions. It took about 8 hours total for me to be released with a prescription.

And I don't need kicks or money, you're support and prayers are good enough.

smile.gif

I would have given my mother consent too, initially Id rather hear bad news from her than a Doctor.

Are you looking for another insurance company?

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

And I don't need kicks or money, you're support and prayers are good enough.

smile.gif

What tests did they do?

I can't change my insurance until my stepdad gets his insurance from Northrop Grumman (his new job). And I remember the doctors had a nurse take an X-ray of my ribs because I was having rib pain with the cough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom