So I was j/ offered a job in Chicago *22 y/o white male*...

I visited Chicago often several years ago, favorite city in the US. For us crackers, Bucktown, Wicker Park, Wrigleyville would be good starting points.

I visited Chicago often several years ago, favorite city in the US. For us crackers, Bucktown, Wicker Park, Wrigleyville would be good starting points.

From CT, moved there for work after college and lived there for 4 years. Awesome time, amazing city. Great food, night life, attractions, summers, women. But then again it depends on where you live. Like someone posted before, try it out for a year. It would be a great experience.

From CT, moved there for work after college and lived there for 4 years. Awesome time, amazing city. Great food, night life, attractions, summers, women. But then again it depends on where you live. Like someone posted before, try it out for a year. It would be a great experience.

15808990.jpg

Thaaaaat's Riiiighttt!!!

Originally Posted by riceeznnu

. Except for uptown, that is the only rough area on the north where I am guessing one of the earlier posters was talking about.
Don't know too much about the Chi  (from Los Angeles) but in college, I know a Korean girl from Uptown.  She is ghetto as all hell 
laugh.gif

. Except for uptown, that is the only rough area on the north where I am guessing one of the earlier posters was talking about.
Don't know too much about the Chi  (from Los Angeles) but in college, I know a Korean girl from Uptown.  She is ghetto as all hell 
laugh.gif

Chicago is a fantastic city. And this is coming from an arrogant New Yorker. I went for the first time last summer and plan on going back this summer to see the Yanks in Wrigley.

You said you lived in Baltimore. Wrigleyville is like Federal Hill on steroids. Bars next to bars on top of bars. Gets rowdy for college football games.

Chicago is a fantastic city. And this is coming from an arrogant New Yorker. I went for the first time last summer and plan on going back this summer to see the Yanks in Wrigley.

You said you lived in Baltimore. Wrigleyville is like Federal Hill on steroids. Bars next to bars on top of bars. Gets rowdy for college football games.

Chicago is basically split up into north, south, and west mostly. What you want to look at is living on the northside, the amount that you pay for rent is going to vary by the neighborhood. Wrigleyville is an expensive neighborhood to live in so consider that area pretty high priced. You can look further north and like in Ravenswood, Logan Square or Bucktown, plenty of places. Except for uptown, that is the only rough area on the north where I am guessing one of the earlier posters was talking about.

Also just look at the stops on the L, stick to living near the brown line stops and the north part of the red part.

Stories of shootings and killings pretty much only happen if you are into that sort of thing, otherwise there is no need to be scared. Chicago is a world class city, at least experience it.

Wrigleyville is were I would want to live if I lived in the city if you dont mind driving or taking the train orland park is a nice area but if you wanna be right in the middle of it The North side always has something to do

Chicago in the summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pm me if you have any other question

#NTCHICAGO

Chicago is basically split up into north, south, and west mostly. What you want to look at is living on the northside, the amount that you pay for rent is going to vary by the neighborhood. Wrigleyville is an expensive neighborhood to live in so consider that area pretty high priced. You can look further north and like in Ravenswood, Logan Square or Bucktown, plenty of places. Except for uptown, that is the only rough area on the north where I am guessing one of the earlier posters was talking about.

Also just look at the stops on the L, stick to living near the brown line stops and the north part of the red part.

Stories of shootings and killings pretty much only happen if you are into that sort of thing, otherwise there is no need to be scared. Chicago is a world class city, at least experience it.

Wrigleyville is were I would want to live if I lived in the city if you dont mind driving or taking the train orland park is a nice area but if you wanna be right in the middle of it The North side always has something to do

Chicago in the summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pm me if you have any other question

#NTCHICAGO

The reason I said 2000-2500, is because on the North Side, most 1BR's are going to run you 1300-1500. So I figured a 2BR would be about 2 stacks. Maybe I need to look up some joints again.

Either way, with the OP's career option, I'd definitely try to get a roomate, because it's gonna be pricey trying to live by yourself.

The reason I said 2000-2500, is because on the North Side, most 1BR's are going to run you 1300-1500. So I figured a 2BR would be about 2 stacks. Maybe I need to look up some joints again.

Either way, with the OP's career option, I'd definitely try to get a roomate, because it's gonna be pricey trying to live by yourself.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by red mpls

Fools. 
roll.gif
 OP sounds very sheltered. Chicago is not that bad. Stay north of 65th street and you're good. 
Negative.

Too far south? 
Yes.  And just generally inaccurate.  For the curious, this map more or less lays out what constitutes the hood in Chicago:

2ai37tc.png

Originally Posted by red mpls

Fools. 
roll.gif
 OP sounds very sheltered. Chicago is not that bad. Stay north of 65th street and you're good. 
Negative.

Too far south? 
Yes.  And just generally inaccurate.  For the curious, this map more or less lays out what constitutes the hood in Chicago:

2ai37tc.png

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Nah, all depends on how recent it was renovated, square footage, etc. but you can definitely find one bedroom apartments in Edgewater, Rogers Park, etc. for 800-1200. My cousin pays less than $1,500/month for his mortgage on a nice 2 BR 1 BA place in Rogers Park and his parking lot is literally on the beach so it's a great location. Plus he bought it a month or two before the real estate crash and prices dropped. 

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Nah, all depends on how recent it was renovated, square footage, etc. but you can definitely find one bedroom apartments in Edgewater, Rogers Park, etc. for 800-1200. My cousin pays less than $1,500/month for his mortgage on a nice 2 BR 1 BA place in Rogers Park and his parking lot is literally on the beach so it's a great location. Plus he bought it a month or two before the real estate crash and prices dropped. 

Back
Top Bottom