So I Went to See 'Good Hair' Last Night

So a man cant be aware enough to know WHY women wear weaves? He has to be a woman to determine that? Come on

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

why you so upset tho? (renarene)

i can see why someone would be upset by this discussion cuz alot of men like to accuse black women of wanting to be white...some dude on here had the nerve to say black women are ashamed to be black and thats why they perm their hair and wear weaves...it bothers me when men try to say they know why a woman does something...

why can't you take it as "that's how i percieve the situation" moreso than "you wanna be white!"
dude on here straight up said...'ya'll do it cuz you wanna be like white women' how else are you suppose to take that?

So a man cant be aware enough to know WHY women wear weaves? He has to be a woman to determine that? Come on
not at all...but it sounds like you automatically assume a woman who wears a weave or does whatever is some type of way...

who stops at the hair like "OH HELL NO?"
^^Plenty of dudes look at a chicks wig.
Look how dudes cant stop talkin bout
ambers bald %#!. I kno I wouldnt talk to
a chick if her hair wasnt lookin at least
decent. I feel the same for my damn self.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You DO do it to be like white woman. Why are you in denial?

no i don't...

i could go back and forth all day...my cousin probably won't get here for awhile...

to have straight hair yeah but damn sure not to be white...

thats like saying white people tan to be black...

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

who stops at the hair like "OH HELL NO?"
^^Plenty of dudes look at a chicks wig.
Look how dudes cant stop talkin bout
ambers bald %#!. I kno I wouldnt talk to
a chick if her hair wasnt lookin at least
decent. I feel the same for my damn self.

roll.gif
, iight bro...

you talkin about a chick with NO hair, which is
eek.gif
-worthy regardless...

you walk up to a chick, she looks like esther baxter's twin sister, you're really staring at her hair and eyebrows like "eh....she is lookingHIT"

really?

forreally?

roll.gif
, if so...

at the end of the day, though, mytmouse, it's HIS opinion...why RenaRene so mad?

i wouldnt say it's specifically to look white, but it damn sure isn't to look like yourself....can we agree on that?

Originally Posted by Diego

You cant be serious with this comment.
Explain to me why I can't be serious about it? I am dead serious.

Black women straighten their hair to emulate white women. While it might be more involuntary/subconscious NOW than it was when they FIRST started doing it,they still do it to be like white woman.

I don't understand why some of you are so astonished by this statement

that's real talk though....

laugh.gif

they damn sure don't tan to look more caucasian....

no i don't...

i could go back and forth all day...my cousin probably won't get here for awhile...

White people tan because pale skin is undesirable.

no i don't...

roll.gif

well, women perm their hair cause brillow pad wigs are undesirable.

i actually happen to think white people tan subconsciously to look less white...

them white chicks stay on a tanning bed to look more ethnic and less white....

you see any neo-nazi white girls tanning? no.

laugh.gif

I appreciate hair that looks good on women. Whether it is fake or not. As long as it looks good.

This discussion is so shallow and I mean shallow as in yall not even scratching the surface. I can bring up a lot of things that black ppl both male and femaledo that one could consider "wanting to be white" thing is it's counter productive.

Some of yall talking about being conditioned are more conditioned than a !*$#%+@#$$%%

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

Convince yall women to go natural man.

I can't see how black women torture themselves like that..........

Some say they pay thousands on weaves. Lay-a-way types.
I don't see what the problem is. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Why should they go natural[/color]?
You're joking right...?

No, I'm not. Aren't perms, relaxers or whatever they're called, meant to help their hair to be more manageable?

I just don't know what bothers people about black women doing this. Is it just the "black women going for the Euro look" notion that botherspeople?

Or maybe I'm missing something about the aftereffects of what this actually does to their hair.

Other than what the aftereffects may be, I just don't see what's wrong with them getting extensions or perms. And it's not like it can't helptheir appeal.

no i don't...

So can one also say that black girls straighten their hair because their curly hair is undesirable?

If you cant agree with that then clearly you are one of those that give white people a pass for everything.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif

I appreciate hair that looks good on women. Whether it is fake or not. As long as it looks good.

This discussion is so shallow and I mean shallow as in yall not even scratching the surface. I can bring up a lot of things that black ppl both male and female do that one could consider "wanting to be white" thing is it's counter productive.

Some of yall talking about being conditioned are more conditioned than a !*$#%+@#$$%%
Are you thinking who Im thinking?
nerd.gif

So can one also say that black girls straighten their hair because their curly hair is undesirable?

If you cant agree with that then clearly you are one of those that give white people a pass for everything.
Either way you look at that first comment it can be attributed to wanting to look white

Black women's hair wasn't undesirable until they saw that there was another OPTION (straight hair)

Before encountering whites, I am pretty sure African women didn't have the same issues with their hair

Originally Posted by Kim1

You're talking about a lace
The bad ones are just poorly done thats all
Not saying you don't mean it but....men are always quick to say "Women should wear their natural hair", yet they lose their minds over the girls with the weaves
Especially on NT where Lauren London, Beyonce, Meagan Good (who all wear weaves) gets worshipped
I've yet to see a Lauryn Hill, India Arie or Erykah Badu appreciation thread
We probably haven't seen any appreciation threads for them because they aren't nearly as attractive as Lauren London or Beyonce.

Amber Rose doesn't have her hair like Beyonce or Lauren London and she gets plenty of attention on here.
Originally Posted by RenaRene

Do you think that anyone who wears leather jackets is trying to be a cow?
roll.gif

You must be joking.
I use weave to add volume to my hair, that means I'm trying to be white?
I am talking about black women straightening their hair. THAT is to be like white women

You must be joking.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif

This discussion is so shallow and I mean shallow as in yall not even scratching the surface. I can bring up a lot of things that black ppl both male and female do that one could consider "wanting to be white" thing is it's counter productive.

Are you thinking who Im thinking?
nerd.gif

eyes.gif
, it's only one person talking nonstop about conditioning...

at the end of the day, though, mytmouse, it's HIS opinion...why RenaRene so mad?

i wouldnt say it's specifically to look white, but it damn sure isn't to look like yourself....can we agree on that?

we can def. agree on that...so what if i have natural hair and i just straighten it with a flat iron? is that a problem too? (i'm just asking don'twant that to come off confrontaional or angry)

and what about white women that perm their hair to make it curly?

like i said...she's probably upset cuz she feels he's assuming something about her that may not be true

You must be joking.
I am talking about black women straightening their hair. THAT is to be like white women

I have curly hair and sometimes I flat iron it to switch it up
It does not mean I'm trying to be like white women
I just wanna do something different

You cant be serious with this comment.
Explain to me why I can't be serious about it? I am dead serious.

Black women straighten their hair to emulate white women. While it might be more involuntary/subconscious NOW than it was when they FIRST started doing it, they still do it to be like white woman.

I don't understand why some of you are so astonished by this statement

you're about to lock this thread with your ignorance. There are African American women born everyday with natural straight hair. So you are sayingthey're not really black? There are white women with curly or short hair. Are they not white?
Are black women who "go natural" trying to become African citizens? Your argument expired after about 1975. What you SHOULD say is they do it tomimic that they see in Hollywood, and mainstream media. Not just black or white, but a general standard of beauty to have luscious locks. In any form. This iswhy "natural" women like to wear curly styles instead of just shaving if off. Unless the women you deal with have balded heads, they are guilty ofthe same thing.
im outy. peace.

Either way you look at that first comment it can be attributed to wanting to look white

Black women's hair wasn't undesirable until they saw that there was another OPTION (straight hair)

Before encountering whites, I am pretty sure African women didn't have the same issues with their hair
So you mad because theyre exploring different options.

Centuries Africans knew nothing about what an education was, so now that all of us minorities are trying to be educated we are trying to emulate the"Euro" lifestyle?
Can you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Back
Top Bottom