So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

True but like Cobbs kept saying their children needed them. Also in Limbo who's preconscious are they in? Wouldnt have the civilians attacked Cobb's wife once she started creating and changing things as they did to that juno girl?(  If they are in Cobbs preconscious)

GREAT MOVIE 10 OUT OF 10 !
Things to Remember<-----------

#1. His kids have the same clothing on from his dreams when he sees them again.

#2. They had 2 different cast for his children.

#3. The name of the young lady ((Ariadne )) Greek mythology

GREAT MOVIE 10 OUT OF 10 !
Things to Remember<-----------

#1. His kids have the same clothing on from his dreams when he sees them again.

#2. They had 2 different cast for his children.

#3. The name of the young lady ((Ariadne )) Greek mythology

i'm pretty sure cobbs is still dreaming.

also, wouldn't fischer be a little weirded out with the fact that everyone on the plane was in his dream? or did he have one of those dreams where he forgot everything except the idea they planted?

oh and can someone explain the part where fischer died in the dream world and they were about to quit, but ellen page's had her own plan? it went by really quick and i was semi-tired for the midnight showing and could not appreciate what was happening.

finally, i just wanted to say that when i left the theaters, i wasn't even sure what to think. it's like, what did i just witness? i just saw a movie that switched from a hotel hallway scene into a god damn snow-covered fortress
roll.gif

i'm pretty sure cobbs is still dreaming.

also, wouldn't fischer be a little weirded out with the fact that everyone on the plane was in his dream? or did he have one of those dreams where he forgot everything except the idea they planted?

oh and can someone explain the part where fischer died in the dream world and they were about to quit, but ellen page's had her own plan? it went by really quick and i was semi-tired for the midnight showing and could not appreciate what was happening.

finally, i just wanted to say that when i left the theaters, i wasn't even sure what to think. it's like, what did i just witness? i just saw a movie that switched from a hotel hallway scene into a god damn snow-covered fortress
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

or this theory:

Here's one that kind of counters it, though.

Man, each theory I keep reading makes sense and then discredits another. This movie is going to be frustrate me to no end, even more so than Primer and Memento, haha.

1. Ariadne peeks into Cobb's psyche before the multi-level job began. This allowed her a chance to peek into Cobb's mind, memories and dream themes.

2. She was the main character who was given a CLUE as to what Cobbs used to judge reality or not (not JUST the totem). We are never shown any other characters being given knowledge that he spun it and would wait to see if it stopped spinning or not. As a comparison, we see 2 other characters' totems - Arthur's die and Ariadne' chess piece. BUT, we are never shown how they judge the totems, only what they are. In one scene, Cobbs actually tells Ariadne how he uses the totem.

3. We are shown how Arthur teaches Ariadne the trick of closing the maze, which fools the subconscious of the sleeper's into perceiving the dream as real for much longer. We're then later shown a scene where Arthur uses this trick against a subconscious security agent within a staircase BUT that is just misdirection to make us believe that's the only place it's used. In actuality, it's used again by Ariadne (as I'll explain in a bit).

4. Adriane is the ONLY character in the levels who has SEEN Cobb's 4th level. That means there is NO WAY Saito could perceive that level.

In the final scene, mirroring the initial opening scene, the main difference is that the spinning top is not focused on. Ariadne's character knew EVERYTHING that needed to be known to ensure that Cobb gained an inception. She, in the end, established the ultimate inception, even greater then the inception perpetrated by all the characters onto Fischer, and ultimately an inception of the movie audience. She got Cobbs to believe he made it back up all levels and into reality when, in fact, she designed a closed loop to cause him to believe he's shot back up to reality when in fact he's probably gone even one level deeper into limbo - a limbo where he can finally let go of his guilt and see his children. It was a way to provide him a "happy ending" if by chance he got swallowed up by his own deep psyche.

This is reaffirmed by the initial scene with Cobbs asking her to design a maze for him, and FURTHER reaffirmed by the emphasis to ensure the audience knows that Cobbs NEVER wants to know the architecture of the architect's designs. If the movie did not emphasize the importance of that, it would most definitely crush the possibility of the end having the possibility that Cobbs was deeper into limbo, let alone be ambiguous.

DAMN GOOD.
great read. my friend and i were talking about the movie itself being an inception on the audience but we couldn't agree on exactly how.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

or this theory:

Here's one that kind of counters it, though.

Man, each theory I keep reading makes sense and then discredits another. This movie is going to be frustrate me to no end, even more so than Primer and Memento, haha.

1. Ariadne peeks into Cobb's psyche before the multi-level job began. This allowed her a chance to peek into Cobb's mind, memories and dream themes.

2. She was the main character who was given a CLUE as to what Cobbs used to judge reality or not (not JUST the totem). We are never shown any other characters being given knowledge that he spun it and would wait to see if it stopped spinning or not. As a comparison, we see 2 other characters' totems - Arthur's die and Ariadne' chess piece. BUT, we are never shown how they judge the totems, only what they are. In one scene, Cobbs actually tells Ariadne how he uses the totem.

3. We are shown how Arthur teaches Ariadne the trick of closing the maze, which fools the subconscious of the sleeper's into perceiving the dream as real for much longer. We're then later shown a scene where Arthur uses this trick against a subconscious security agent within a staircase BUT that is just misdirection to make us believe that's the only place it's used. In actuality, it's used again by Ariadne (as I'll explain in a bit).

4. Adriane is the ONLY character in the levels who has SEEN Cobb's 4th level. That means there is NO WAY Saito could perceive that level.

In the final scene, mirroring the initial opening scene, the main difference is that the spinning top is not focused on. Ariadne's character knew EVERYTHING that needed to be known to ensure that Cobb gained an inception. She, in the end, established the ultimate inception, even greater then the inception perpetrated by all the characters onto Fischer, and ultimately an inception of the movie audience. She got Cobbs to believe he made it back up all levels and into reality when, in fact, she designed a closed loop to cause him to believe he's shot back up to reality when in fact he's probably gone even one level deeper into limbo - a limbo where he can finally let go of his guilt and see his children. It was a way to provide him a "happy ending" if by chance he got swallowed up by his own deep psyche.

This is reaffirmed by the initial scene with Cobbs asking her to design a maze for him, and FURTHER reaffirmed by the emphasis to ensure the audience knows that Cobbs NEVER wants to know the architecture of the architect's designs. If the movie did not emphasize the importance of that, it would most definitely crush the possibility of the end having the possibility that Cobbs was deeper into limbo, let alone be ambiguous.

DAMN GOOD.
great read. my friend and i were talking about the movie itself being an inception on the audience but we couldn't agree on exactly how.

A *#@!%%! masterpiece...EASILY one of the best movies I've seen in my lifetime. 10/10

The concept behind Joseph Gordon Levitt's fight scene was amazing....it wasnt on some crouching tiger *$@#...there was an actual purpose to it.

This film was original, and that term seems to be lost on 99% of everything that comes out of Hollywood. I rarely watch movies twice, but I might have to make an exception for this....try to pick up on some things that I might have missed.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Great concept, story, and extremely innovative, but it's not a masterpiece. It's pretty damn close, but it's not. Seems like there was just something missing, Idk. Music was great, though.

i agree with you. i think it was the unnecessary action scenes and not enough character development. it's nearly a classic though.

also his name was too similar sounding to God to be a coincidence. it's like we all play God in our our own dream world.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Great concept, story, and extremely innovative, but it's not a masterpiece. It's pretty damn close, but it's not. Seems like there was just something missing, Idk. Music was great, though.

i agree with you. i think it was the unnecessary action scenes and not enough character development. it's nearly a classic though.

also his name was too similar sounding to God to be a coincidence. it's like we all play God in our our own dream world.

A *#@!%%! masterpiece...EASILY one of the best movies I've seen in my lifetime. 10/10

The concept behind Joseph Gordon Levitt's fight scene was amazing....it wasnt on some crouching tiger *$@#...there was an actual purpose to it.

This film was original, and that term seems to be lost on 99% of everything that comes out of Hollywood. I rarely watch movies twice, but I might have to make an exception for this....try to pick up on some things that I might have missed.

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

lol the movie was
pimp.gif
 it got me thinking of life and got me thinking what if my life was a dream
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
I swear, I've had that thought for over 10 years now...Makes you wonder.

Someone...Kick me.

lol the movie was
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Someone...Kick me.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

lol the movie was
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Someone...Kick me.

What if death = a kick

Originally Posted by Luong1209

lol the movie was
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Someone...Kick me.

What if death = a kick

Back
Top Bottom