So Nike has 'Banned' Midnight Releases, Pre-Selling, and Pre-Ordering....LOL

I miss the days when I could show up to any store at 10am on release day and walk away with whatever I wanted in my size 11, without camping out, worrying about riots, or coming away empty-handed.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

I miss the days when I could show up to any store at 10am on release day and walk away with whatever I wanted in my size 11, without camping out, worrying about riots, or coming away empty-handed.
pretty much. when the 9's released in summer of 09 i got my pair 2 days afterwards size 11. now when they release later this year if i want a pair i got to line up hours before hand
tired.gif

UrN0tLike wrote:
Next step is to stop camping. This empty chair bull @!%% has to go.

that falls on individuals to take care of that.  an empty chair means nothing to me.

i have no problem moving an empty unoccupied chair to the side and taking the spot of the chair as last i recall a chair isn't human.  if more people did that, there wouldn't be that issue.

if the person wants to take issue with it when they come back and find their chair either on the side somewhere or in the lost and found area, then they can cry me a river

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

UrN0tLike wrote:
Next step is to stop camping. This empty chair bull @!%% has to go.

that falls on individuals to take care of that.  an empty chair means nothing to me.

i have no problem moving an empty unoccupied chair to the side and taking the spot of the chair as last i recall a chair isn't human.  if more people did that, there wouldn't be that issue.

if the person wants to take issue with it when they come back and find their chair either on the side somewhere or in the lost and found area, then they can cry me a river

rex, that will definitely cause conflicts between one another.......and thats what this is all about.....to minimize collisions on getting a fair deal on each pair......

Or just have a 2-3 days with a pre-order period where can pay your shoes off or put money down (kinda like buying a video game) Then the store gets x amount of pairs and if people don't get the pick up their shoe send them back or put them on sale.

Solved

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Or just have a 2-3 days with a pre-order period where can pay your shoes off or put money down (kinda like buying a video game) Then the store gets x amount of pairs and if people don't get the pick up their shoe send them back or put them on sale.

Solved

Still wont be fair at all. Not everybody got time to be doing pre orders.

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Just network people.

No one should have to build connections to buy some damned sneakers. Maybe for older pairs, but for $160 weak quality retros? Nah.

It makes no sense i remember getting the true blues on a Monday just last year. I'm tryna figure which sneaker started this all. Now almost anything can sell out. I expected the Concords and some what of the black cements but the others like the white/red 14's. I'm like %!! I could of sworn people was telling me Jordan's was falling off

I don't even remember the hype after the DMP's being this bad

The most I'm standing in line is 2 hours. Even that's a stretch. All this for some GRs. I love now to go FC and look at prices and just go really, you think you really gonna get that much

This crap is really full circle

If its Nike that banned it what does that have to do with Jordan Brand ?

6 pages and nobody sees this JB and Nike are 2 diffrent companys ? What am i the smartest person on NT? 

and +$#$ all the ides how to end the madness we all know there only 1 thing that would work and thats make enough shoes to go around.. JB stop playing games.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Good. Pre-orders are one of the biggest things I disagree with. I work at Finish Line, and if I hear word on the street a store is doing it like Champs or another FNL, I snitch on them cuz it's not right.

How exactly is it wrong? You pay for the shoe, come sometime after the release to pick it up. Eliminates line ups, potential fights, and it makes the release a lot less stressful for the store.

Because it ruins those who actually spent the time waiting in line. How would you feel if you woke up really early in the morning, waited an entire day, was in a good spot in line, and was so sure you were gonna get your shoes, but ended up not cuz your pair is being held for a guy that pre-ordered?

Good. Pre-orders are one of the biggest things I disagree with. I work at Finish Line, and if I hear word on the street a store is doing it like Champs or another FNL, I snitch on them cuz it's not right.

How exactly is it wrong? You pay for the shoe, come sometime after the release to pick it up. Eliminates line ups, potential fights, and it makes the release a lot less stressful for the store.

Because it ruins those who actually spent the time waiting in line. How would you feel if you woke up really early in the morning, waited an entire day, was in a good spot in line, and was so sure you were gonna get your shoes, but ended up not cuz your pair is being held for a guy that pre-ordered?

laugh.gif
this dude snitchin

capt save a sneaker

Originally Posted by Spookz312

6 pages and nobody sees this JB and Nike are 2 diffrent companys ? What am i the smartest person on NT? 

and +$#$ all the ides how to end the madness we all know there only 1 thing that would work and thats make enough shoes to go around.. JB stop playing games.
It's a subsidiary man. Similar to what lexus is toyota.

I'd be mad at myself for not knowing how things worked and I'd understand what to do the next go round. Missing out on a pair of shoes is not the end of the world, it wouldn't ruin my day one bit. 
There's 6 FNLs in my city and half of them do pre orders, just the way it works around here.

Edit:

Originally Posted by ccastro02

and +$#$ all the ides how to end the madness we all know there only 1 thing that would work and thats make enough shoes to go around.. JB stop playing games.

laugh.gif

Then he had the nerve to say "What am i the smartest person on NT?"

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

If the shoe has a high demand... produce more Nike/JB. Or shut up with these rules.

why should they though? they would rather artificially decrease the supply of their shoes to increase their profits than produce more to be sold at lower prices. if the shoe has high demand, other companies should be putting out products that can compete and, in turn, force Nike to lower prices or increase supply. the only reason the issue exists is because the market is essentially a monopoly...it's the other footwear companies that should act, not nike.

ohboydanny wrote:

Originally Posted by ccastro02

and +$#$ all the ides how to end the madness we all know there only 1 thing that would work and thats make enough shoes to go around.. JB stop playing games.

laugh.gif

Then he had the nerve to say "What am i the smartest person on NT?"

And he bolded "make enough shoes to go around"
How is he not on Nike's marketing team?
roll.gif

...make enough shoes to go around"... produce more/sell more thats the only solution IF they wanted to help out the customers and not there pocket marketing or not

Digital over here reaching for lulz quit giggling behind your computer like a little schoolgirl sit your #*@ down and shut up like a good little girl
laugh.gif
'

ive actually got credentials in marketing  so really you just make yourself out to sound like even more of a %!@

Typical...Nike's half %@@ effort on controlling this situation is right on par with their half %@@ efforts on most shoes...wouldn't expect anything less.
grin.gif

...make enough shoes to go around"... produce more/sell more thats the only solution IF they wanted to help out the customers and not there pocket marketing or not

Digital over here reaching for lulz quit giggling behind your computer like a little schoolgirl sit your #*@ down and shut up like a good little girl
laugh.gif
'

ive actually got credentials in marketing  so really you just make yourself out to sound like even more of a %!@
laugh.gif
roll.gif
And I'm laughing AT you not with you.

Back
Top Bottom