So NT, do you applaud at the end of films or when the plane lands safely?

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

one time we had a rough flight going to Boracay (island in the philippines). It was one of them small planes.... not only the ride was rough, the landing was worse. Instead of the plane gradually landing in the runway.... it just DROPPED due to a very short runway... then once we touched down, the brakes weren't too great.. the tires were screeching, the runway was bumpy and we had a hard stop. Not only did we clap, we friggin cheered and screamed because we survived.. lol
i feel you on that one,not as dramatic but turbulance the whole hour and a half plane ride,it was horrible..

People complain when a movie sucks, but don't celebrate when it is good.

But honestly I don't know. I might. If i do its an involuntary action and i don't realize it.

its corny as hell when people clap at the end of movies...

its like, who's there to receive the applause?
eyes.gif

I've been to a couple movies where people have clapped.
& Nope, never heard an applause at the end of a plane ride.

Nah. I think it's corny. Maybe if it were a live performance where you could actually give the people on stage props live in person, but never for ascreen.

My friend and I start the claps at the end of movies .

roll.gif

Everyone looks around & joins in .
laugh.gif

We just do it to see if people will actually do it also .

Turns out ... they do .

i'm surprised nobody else in this thread is like i am and tries to be the guy to start the clap at the end of movies
laugh.gif

success rate is not too high though. usually a few ppl will follow and it will die out 3-5 seconds later.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i'm surprised nobody else in this thread is like i am and tries to be the guy to start the clap at the end of movies
laugh.gif

success rate is not too high though. usually a few ppl will follow and it will die out 3-5 seconds later.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Look above you .

The only time I didn't have a success rate is on the newest Harry Potter ... they were still sad .

But by the time they got their tears together I started to clap ... & they did also .
laugh.gif

I think I clapped after The Dark Knight...

Yeah, I clapped after The Dark Knight.

That is all.

I'll clap if and only if other people clap.

The last time the audience clapped at the end of the movie was like Harry Potter 3.

I've clapped at the end of a few movies.

I hate clapping at the end of a flight though. Only time it happens is if it was a real bumpy landing, but I usually don't join it.. I'm too busychecking to see if I crapped myself.

Kind of off-topic but nothing annoys me more during a plane flight than the one nervous woman who screams if the plane gets too bumpy on the landing or itjolts for a second. I want to slap her after we get off every time.

don't fly on planes much so i don't know. as for movies, if it's a really good movie, then they applaud..

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

I live in the UK and we don't really do this here.. I hear that people often applaud at the end of a movie in America though?

So.. do you?

Nobody in America does this. You UK people should get your info right.

Last movie I clapped to was The Dark Knight.

When I boarded the plane to Vegas in May, and the plane landed safely at McCarran airport, people clapped.

I've never clapped at the end of a movie, nor have I ever clapped after a plane in which i was in landed safely.

Back
Top Bottom