So StockX got hacked

I don't mean to be Captain Obvious, but can't you just shut down your bank account and cancel you credit card to stop these charges?

I mean if you have the same password across multiple services and limit everything to the same email......

that’s not really on stockX

bank aint just letting them charge that without confirming
he might not have it set uo

my debit card I've used like crazy for big transactions, no texts, not phone calls, transactions go through

hence why last year someone got my card info and charged 8k Wirth of purchases online and didn't even know til 2 days later when I logged into my bank account

:smh:

***** **** outta here why would I have multiple complicated passwords for everything.

And it’s not my fault that stockx was hacked.
Basic corporate IT security as a requirement first lesson is not to use similar passwords for services

it’s like putting all your money into a single investment
Diversify those passwords

Basic corporate IT security as a requirement first lesson is not to use similar passwords for services

it’s like putting all your money into a single investment
Diversify those passwords
I’m guilty of this

oh well

For real, hacks are a thing and will happen. It’s in your best interest to make those significant changes to the way you operate online and take this as a learning opportunity. Does it suck? Yes. Did stockX mess up? Yes. They could have gotten in front of the issue the second it was discovered and notified everyone. And remove all payment methods automatically.

But across other services? That’s where you need a proactive response to any breakage.

My credit card was compromised as part of the Capital One breach. Other than the reversed charges though no other impacts.

Be more serious about you activities online.

For real, hacks are a thing and will happen. It’s in your best interest to make those significant changes to the way you operate online and take this as a learning opportunity. Does it suck? Yes. Did stockX mess up? Yes. They could have gotten in front of the issue the second it was discovered and notified everyone. And remove all payment methods automatically.

But across other services? That’s where you need a proactive response to any breakage.

My credit card was compromised as part of the Capital One breach. Other than the reversed charges though no other impacts.

Be more serious about you activities online.
so how long before we get them class action notices

StockX system was compromised. Definitely on them and the hackers, not the hacked.

Victim blaming ain't the move here.
im just saying, some people need to take this as a learning opportunity to change the way they move and operate in the online space

this isnt the first website to be hacked

wont be the last

After changing my passwords for everything from Netflix, to my emails I feel "better" about the situation but I'm checking my email and accounts constantly. I understand **** happens and maybe because I haven't had money taken from me other than some hacker in Italy upgrading the screens on my netflix account but the fact that Stock X hasn't tried to compensate those of us affected is alarming. I enjoy doing business with them. I just got some Sacai Waffles from that came in yesterday even but I don't see them around much longer because of what happened.

PayPal refunded me the fraudulent charges. StockX still hasn’t respond to my emails to get my account back. Oh well. I’ll just use goat from now on

Last edited:
After changing my passwords for everything from Netflix, to my emails I feel "better" about the situation but I'm checking my email and accounts constantly. I understand **** happens and maybe because I haven't had money taken from me other than some hacker in Italy upgrading the screens on my netflix account but the fact that Stock X hasn't tried to compensate those of us affected is alarming. I enjoy doing business with them. I just got some Sacai Waffles from that came in yesterday even but I don't see them around much longer because of what happened.
Stockx will stay. Too many ppl use it to buy and sell.

It’s pathetic the way they responded to getting hacked, very unprofessional. But if you know the people who work there you’d understand, they don’t know what they’re doing :lol:
Sony got hacked but they responded correctly

Capital One hack had a good response also

they also offer virtual cards free as a service now to help

Capital One hack had a good response also

they also offer virtual cards free as a service now to help
Yea, they tried to sweep it under the rug and play it off. The problem is they got too big too fast. Their servers and platform weren’t ready for all that and now consumers are paying.

Randomly opened my main email this morning and saw that I had two messages from Coinbase about somebody trying to log into my account. Good thing I have 2FA set up. Aint nobody about to **** with my Crypto shawty. These scammers going to catch a foot up the *** right after StockX owners catch a foot up the ***.

PayPal refunded me the fraudulent charges. StockX still hasn’t respond to me emails to get my account back. Oh well. I’ll just use goat from now on

how did PayPal refund you?

did they see the charges were made from a diff login or?

Back
Top Bottom