So T-Pain is the surprise artist Lil Wayne signed to Young Money! vol. WHY?

Originally Posted by RedMan

Vancity74 said:
Drake would be still in Toronto if it wasn't for Wayne. FACT.

Drake was on tour off of So Far Gone.

You make it sound like he's the first rapper to tour off a mixtape... what about Currensy, Wiz, etc?

Originally Posted by Vancity74

roll.gif
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah right

I didn't believe that "who is he going to sign with" hype
I'm pretty sure he had Wayne's help up to that point as well

I'm sure Wayne didnt give dude a phantom, bring him on tour, for no reason

and like 50 said, someone's $$$ helped push that mixtape around.

DOA did not kill TPain's career.....that %+#!$# Hocus Pocus Ringling Bros. album did....sent his popularity rolling down a hill (Pree Ringz mixtape>his album by miles)

and even then it didnt "kill" it...he still has plenty of talent he just hit a wall with that album

Secondly....no Drake wouldnt still be in Toronto...are yall kidding me?
laugh.gif

He probably wouldntve been the star he is now but yall leaning on Wayne too heavy by suggesting Drake would still be a relative unknown

and finally...anyone on YM can jump ship....remember...did anyone forsee nearly EVERYONE from Cash Money skating?...and didnt that happen?...the issue of money could pop up and split the team up just like CM

DOA did not kill TPain's career.....that %+#!$# Hocus Pocus Ringling Bros. album did....sent his popularity rolling down a hill (Pree Ringz mixtape>his album by miles)

and even then it didnt "kill" it...he still has plenty of talent he just hit a wall with that album

laugh.gif

He probably wouldntve been the star he is now but yall leaning on Wayne too heavy by suggesting Drake would still be a relative unknown

and finally...anyone on YM can jump ship....remember...did anyone forsee nearly EVERYONE from Cash Money skating?...and didnt that happen?...the issue of money could pop up and split the team up just like CM

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Any new T Pain is good money to me.

T Pain hook > YM.

agreed, maybe I'm trippin, but I f**** with t-pain, he can definitely bless a track

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Any new T Pain is good money to me.

T Pain hook > YM.

agreed, maybe I'm trippin, but I f**** with t-pain, he can definitely bless a track

Dudes been hating on T-Pain since DOA.

Dude puts out good music to me. If it's not your lane it's fine but to say he's wack is balderdash.

Drake wasn't buzzin til Wayne?
laugh.gif
yeah, ok....

Dudes been hating on T-Pain since DOA.

Dude puts out good music to me. If it's not your lane it's fine but to say he's wack is balderdash.

Drake wasn't buzzin til Wayne?
laugh.gif
yeah, ok....

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Didn't buy that !+% either. I didn't buy Wayne just chillin' with this cat just because he was a fan. Drake been CM/YM from jump.

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

laugh.gif

Isn't that Hocus Pocus Ringling bros. album his best selling album to date? That's the album that crossed him over IMO.

And without Wayne I don't know if Drake would still be in Toronto but he surely wouldn't be one of the biggest artists in the game right now. Drake would be a 2nd or 3rds rate rapper right now if it wasn't for the Wayne affiliation.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Didn't buy that !+% either. I didn't buy Wayne just chillin' with this cat just because he was a fan. Drake been CM/YM from jump.

laugh.gif

Isn't that Hocus Pocus Ringling bros. album his best selling album to date? That's the album that crossed him over IMO.

And without Wayne I don't know if Drake would still be in Toronto but he surely wouldn't be one of the biggest artists in the game right now. Drake would be a 2nd or 3rds rate rapper right now if it wasn't for the Wayne affiliation.

^ No that wack *+@ album is not his top seller. Got hima Grammy nom (what does that mean nowadays) but Epiphany broke 800K...The Flying Trapeze went gold barely

And I agree...superstar prolly not....but back in Toronto rapping in small *+@ clubs...Im not buying that

^ No that wack *+@ album is not his top seller. Got hima Grammy nom (what does that mean nowadays) but Epiphany broke 800K...The Flying Trapeze went gold barely

And I agree...superstar prolly not....but back in Toronto rapping in small *+@ clubs...Im not buying that

You're right. I forgot about Ephiphany. I was just thinking Rapper Turnt Singer than than his last album. I forgot that whole album that had some #1's on it.

You're right. I forgot about Ephiphany. I was just thinking Rapper Turnt Singer than than his last album. I forgot that whole album that had some #1's on it.

^
yeah Epiphany was his best album next would be Teddypendherazdown (his 1st local album he released here)

and to jupiter
laugh.gif
what u gotta here it from Waynes mouth to know that he on YM?
indifferent.gif

If I say ANYTHING about Pain trust its set in stone.....I got the whole 411 in 850

maybe this will help you out

^
yeah Epiphany was his best album next would be Teddypendherazdown (his 1st local album he released here)

and to jupiter
laugh.gif
what u gotta here it from Waynes mouth to know that he on YM?
indifferent.gif

If I say ANYTHING about Pain trust its set in stone.....I got the whole 411 in 850

maybe this will help you out

Back
Top Bottom