So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Sneaker game started dying when camping for shoes did. It officially died and killed with hype and everyone became resellers asking $300+ for GR's when the south beach lebron's dropped.

The South Beach Hype is what really started the Lebron line, and what killed it for everyone who has been with it since day 1

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I'm convinced Stillin has folders assigned to each one of us in his computer with pictures he's found
laugh.gif

Yeah my dude needs to chill already.
30t6p3b.gif

the sneaker game is not ruined yet its on life support and going thru rehab after every single release these days. The day it RIP is when nike makes every single release: (regardless if its gr, ls, qs, hs, whatever)

a) "extremely limited"
b) in store only
c) over over priced
d) absolutely no type of restocks what you see is what you get on release day, no more
e) super secret invitations and tight connections with nike brass
f) sells 99% of its stock to resellers only

G) all of the above

I think it all started with the 09 spacejams...the concords were catalyst

i think it started with the copper foamposites. well in the dmv to say the least

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

QFT; it sucks but that is how it has become
I just broke down and paid $298 resell for the Flight One Galaxy's but I really liked this sneaker and just said F it 

time to check and see what shoe I can live w/o...
laugh.gif

nike_air_flight_one_galaxy-1.jpg

you paid almost $300 for these!?!?!?!?!?!?

5xuzjl.gif
I've seen your posts; all you do is troll...YUP
82f26c16005887c40e2e33b2cc098105b2446649_r.jpg

Your comeback is a picture that I posted for everyone to see already.....???
Why don't you post a picture of you wearing them shoes....lol

I personally think it was a tragedy to see people act like that for a pair of shoes...not worth it...would I have liked a pair...sure but not nearly worth the effort. Real talk anyone walking out of Florida Mall with them in that crowd would have probably gotten hurt and jacked for them anyways...good move to cancel the launch

Originally Posted by eyanks

Funny how people bring morals into this discussion, these are NIKE sneakers, when has Nike ever stood for morality?

Consumers are such hypocrites.  If a reseller goes into a store, buys 10 pairs, then holds onto them for a few weeks for a profit, everyone hates him for making $$ off them.  If he holds onto the pairs and the hype dies and he loses money, they don't offer him retail, they try and squeeze him for the lowest price.  And yet the reseller is supposed to care that these people don't like his hustle  
eyes.gif
You sound like a reseller.  When has Nike set the standards for morality?  If you look to Nike for your example of morality, it makes me question your upbringing.

When a store places a 1 pair limit on the shoes and you go buy 10 shoes because of your hookup or whatever, you are wrong.  You already broke the rules = wrong.  The amount you are able to sell them for is irrelevant. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Funny how people bring morals into this discussion, these are NIKE sneakers, when has Nike ever stood for morality?

Consumers are such hypocrites.  If a reseller goes into a store, buys 10 pairs, then holds onto them for a few weeks for a profit, everyone hates him for making $$ off them.  If he holds onto the pairs and the hype dies and he loses money, they don't offer him retail, they try and squeeze him for the lowest price.  And yet the reseller is supposed to care that these people don't like his hustle  
eyes.gif
You sound like a reseller.  When has Nike set the standards for morality?  If you look to Nike for your example of morality, it makes me question your upbringing.

When a store places a 1 pair limit on the shoes and you go buy 10 shoes because of your hookup or whatever, you are wrong.  You already broke the rules = wrong.  The amount you are able to sell them for is irrelevant. 
I have never resold a pair of shoes in my life, but it's a concept that goes beyond shoes.  I have sold stuff on my ebay account and tried to make a little money, for example, selling things from AJ Wright and other things that I stumbled upon on ebay that were listed poorly.  Sometimes I made money, sometimes I didn't, but I always honored the sale regardless, but nobody feels sorry for me if I didn't make a profit on something, nor should they; I took the risk.  Technically that would make me a "reseller", but is it any different that owning a store and reselling what I buy from the manufacturer? You can say that I cost customers at AJ Wright a product, but all I did was expand the marketplace worldwide and allowed other people the chance to buy things they otherwise wouldn't have know about.    
Shoe resellers couldn't break the rules unless the store itself allows it, blame the store for breaking their own rules.  Should this be allowed?  No, but it happens, if someone doesn't like it they should boycott the store for being dishonest, that hurts them more than complaining on NT about resellers.  A lot of people here are going to complain about the Yeezys when they come out, and talk about unfair it is, then continue to buy from Nike and continue to buy from whatever store screwed them.  Jimmy Jazz was real shady with the Galaxy release, so I've made a decision to not shop there until they learn how to run a business properly.

Honestly, I don't really expect anyone to agree with me, except for maybe DCAllAmerican .. there's people who feel entitled to a pair of sneakers, or whatever other materialistic object they want, and when it becomes harder to get it due to resellers or whatever other reason they complain, but if the resellers plan backfires then they'll buy from them for a lower price.  Its unfortunate how unhelpful some NTers are to one another, people were asking on the galaxy thread when the sneakers were coming out, or if any stores were having them online, and anyone who gave an answer was criticized, I've never seen this kind of behavior on the coin and jersey collecting forums I've been on, kinda silly to expect grown men to "put in work" to buy a newly released sneaker and to have to research which one of the billion websites on the internet are selling them.  Its hypocritical since people don't want to reveal to the "competition" where the sneakers are being sold, but when a reseller beats them at their own game they get salty .. there's moral shadiness throughout the sneaker community, and its not going anywhere.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Just sold a pair for 2500 to some iss hypebeast
laugh.gif
 god damn; $2500 that is just insane
it's not even worth wearing these sneakers; you never know which dude will come on you when you don't expect it

trolls will be trolls; 2 of the biggest sticking together

Fam just stop
laugh.gif
brb ...my girl is home; going to have her take pics of me playing in the snow for ISS Niketalk

This dude
roll.gif
Fam that's like the 3rd time you say the same thing...

trolls will be trolls; 2 of the biggest sticking together

Fam just stop
laugh.gif
brb ...my girl is home; going to have her take pics of me playing in the snow for ISS Niketalk

nah really tho... post a pic of you rockin those kicks 
wink.gif

Joints are beyond ugly and look cheaply made.
with you 110% on that one; I saw some dude rocking them at the mall; he had a backpack so I can assure you they came off the second he left mall grounds
little hypebeast trying to impress a bunch of dudes at the mall, his jeans looked like spandex pants and they were basically tucked in the foams 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

theres a pair goin for $70,000 on ebay, with 62 bids
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Wow I guess that's throw away paper for some people.

I hope they realize they could spend a month in monaco for that price.

Originally Posted by NYC game

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

theres a pair goin for $70,000 on ebay, with 62 bids
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Wow I guess that's throw away paper for some people.

I hope they realize they could spend a month in monaco for that price.
they won't pay; if I was the seller I'd start canceling bids
dudes credit card/debit/bank account is gonna get charged for $6,500 if the eBay invoice is sent out before a non paying bidder time frame is completed

Just sold a pair for 2500 to some iss hypebeast

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think I hate stupid hypebeasts willing to drop that kind of money on a shoe with really no history, more than the reseller banking on it....I can't even knock buying a shoe for 220$ and pushing it for 2500$ 3 days later.

Back
Top Bottom