So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

but I thought you guys hate resellers?

hrmmm
you and I know NTers are full of it with that talk; I never go out of my way to resell but if I see profit sitting there I am not passing it up 
I sold 5 pairs of IV's making my two pairs I kept free...like I am just going to sit there and be like "ahhh nah I would rather just eat $320" 
laugh.gif

but I thought you guys hate resellers?

hrmmm

Honestly I hate that they make it impossible for other people to get what they want, but in reality they are motivated by money and I can't be mad at that, I do the same by working multiple jobs, I admitted to that before....now these dummies dropping their daddy's cash or even theirs, they are the ones that keep the resellers on deck, I mean 2300$ profit??...for someone that doesn't have a regular job, that would pay 2 months rent....that's crazy.Reseller are motivated by money, stupid buyers are motivated by hype, I change my mind, I hate the buyer.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by NYC game

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

theres a pair goin for $70,000 on ebay, with 62 bids
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Wow I guess that's throw away paper for some people.

I hope they realize they could spend a month in monaco for that price.
they won't pay; if I was the seller I'd start canceling bids
dudes credit card/debit/bank account is gonna get charged for $6,500 if the eBay invoice is sent out before a non paying bidder time frame is completed

Well that's a cool way to stick it to resellers 
laugh.gif

I don't even buy sneakers like I did anymore, but my take is if you don't buy from the resellers and wait till the price is dropped to just above retail the consumer wins resellers lose and they'll stop camping out for sneakers they don't really want. or just buy 1 pair.

Originally Posted by eyanks

Honestly, I don't really expect anyone to agree with me, except for maybe DCAllAmerican .. there's people who feel entitled to a pair of sneakers, or whatever other materialistic object they want, and when it becomes harder to get it due to resellers or whatever other reason they complain, but if the resellers plan backfires then they'll buy from them for a lower price.  Its unfortunate how unhelpful some NTers are to one another, people were asking on the galaxy thread when the sneakers were coming out, or if any stores were having them online, and anyone who gave an answer was criticized, I've never seen this kind of behavior on the coin and jersey collecting forums I've been on, kinda silly to expect grown men to "put in work" to buy a newly released sneaker and to have to research which one of the billion websites on the internet are selling them.  Its hypocritical since people don't want to reveal to the "competition" where the sneakers are being sold, but when a reseller beats them at their own game they get salty .. there's moral shadiness throughout the sneaker community, and its not going anywhere.

I mean you could see that when I was going back and forth with these dudes earlier on this topic. Dudes on here feel that since they really like the shoe means they should have it before someone that wants to sell it. That just doesn't make sense to me in any language. So because your intentions are different than mine means you deserve them more than me? Really? Makes no sense. But since many people on here are upset because they couldn't get the shoes they will not see it from a non-shoehead POV. But thanks for understanding, you and the other few unbiased opinions on the topic.

Footlocker, HoH are resellers by definition.

they didn't have enough to make you dudes happy, are they the problem too?
or only the resellers that you're jealous of?

Now you are reaching, we've ALWAYS had to go to a retailer to purchase ANYTHING...we don't walk up to the manufacturers door and purchase directly from them, that's not te way it works, the whole reselling gig didn't exist 10 years back, the closest thing to that was mom n pop shops, who were very fair to buyers and charged at most 20-30$ over retail so that you can flaunt your pair early, things were great back then, no one was getting stampede or tear gassed over shoes...you knew when they released, you walked up to the store and grabbed your size, if they didn't have it you could find it somewhere else.

Now you say jealousy....nobody is jealous, at least I'm not, I don't envy a resellers lifestyle...hell out of here
laugh.gif
I still don't like what they do to get their hands on a pair of shoes (camp outs, fights, ridiculous mark ups) but I stand corrected, thats their way of making money and NOONE is entitled to knock that, truth is if people didn't pay reseller rates, there wouldn't be any resellers to deal with....but hype fuels all that with the help of the Internet....it is what it is.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Now you say jealousy....nobody is jealous, at least I'm not, I don't envy a resellers lifestyle...hell out of here
laugh.gif
I still don't like what they do to get their hands on a pair of shoes (camp outs, fights, ridiculous mark ups) but I stand corrected, thats their way of making money and NOONE is entitled to knock that, truth is if people didn't pay reseller rates, there wouldn't be any resellers to deal with....but hype fuels all that with the help of the Internet....it is what it is.
so Tim doesn't have a real job?
is he part of the problem? you just gave him props?

I just hate when people use the "reseller" term as a large general blanket, as if all of them are sleeping in the rain for a week 
laugh.gif

some have connections and only have to show up the day before as you guys are typing angrily about "da shoe game" being done, still giving props to people like Tim, not realizing how dumb you all seem.

just get over sneakers or set a limit of what you'll pay and stop crying about it.

anyone who has ever sold a pair of their sneakers is a reseller
doesn't matter if it's instantly or after being worn; generally any sneaker that is associated with "hype" is going to make you a profit whether you sell it now or after wearing for some time

laugh.gif
so Tim doesn't have a real job?
is he part of the problem? you just gave him props?

I just hate when people use the "reseller" term as a large general blanket, as if all of them are sleeping in the rain for a week 
laugh.gif

some have connections and only have to show up the day before as you guys are typing angrily about "da shoe game" being done, still giving props to people like Tim, not realizing how dumb you all seem.

just get over sneakers or set a limit of what you'll pay and stop crying about it.

Do I really need to be so specific? Or do you guys nitpick posts for the sake of an argument...I dunno if Tim got a job....do you know if he does?...is he part of the problem?...no, he's doing something anyone with common sense would do....the problem is the dude he sold it too.Fam I agreed with all ya back when DC entered the thread...read man READ.Who's crying?...who's jealous??...I'm not sitting at home losing sleep over these sneakers, i never planned on getting them..I'm just having a conversation with you guys about this issue....or you are gonna tell me this is not an issue and there is nothing wrong with the riot police having to be present at the release of a sneaker...

I replied since you replied, but it wasn't directed at you specifically.

but this thread is up to 17 pages(and way more in the foam thread) over something you just described as common sense yet others are calling "killing da shoe game"

If I remember correctly didn't "Stillin" try to get an Orlando employee fired for trying to sell his pair on Craigslist?

but he just overpaid for those other kicks? so I guess the 2nd reseller was better? or should he call his boss too?

sometimes I type a long response on NT then just delete it since I think common sense just goes unnoticed

Now you are reaching, we've ALWAYS had to go to a retailer to purchase ANYTHING...we don't walk up to the manufacturers door and purchase directly from them, that's not te way it works, the whole reselling gig didn't exist 10 years back, the closest thing to that was mom n pop shops, who were very fair to buyers and charged at most 20-30$ over retail so that you can flaunt your pair early, things were great back then, no one was getting stampede or tear gassed over shoes...you knew when they released, you walked up to the store and grabbed your size, if they didn't have it you could find it somewhere else.

laugh.gif

I agree 100% with everything that was said

The fact is the moment people decided to pay $220 and up for a shoe that released a few days ago and retailed for like $160 is the moment when the shoe game ended

I used to pay $200 and up for older retro J's or OG's now people are paying the same price for #*%% quality retros it just don't make sense

I believe that in order to restore the shoe game 2 things need to happen......

Nike needs to release more product at big releases and do restocks and people just need to chill the %!@% out its that simple

I understand TC...

And yes I did say I was willing to pay up to 600$ for the yeezys, I'm a Yeezy fan and have 2 of 3 of the Y1's and I want to get the 2's...I have a small connect and gave her a heads up and she might be able to help me secure my pair...but if that fails I still want te shoe and will have to play by the new rules, 600 is my limit though, and that's wishful thinking as Im almost positive dudes will want a lot more...I'm hoping I catch them as they walk out and won't want to resist a 400$ profit after a long camp out...

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Perfect execution lulz. And I do have a job but truthfully buying and selling shoes has made me over 65k extra cash on the side last year. I never camp out for kicks don't have the time but I do buy a lot on here iss and eBay. Easiest hustle I have ever had mainly cause most people I know are hypebeast shoe collectors that pay flightclub prices for kicks

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Just sold a pair for 2500 to some iss hypebeast

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think I hate stupid hypebeasts willing to drop that kind of money on a shoe with really no history, more than the reseller banking on it....I can't even knock buying a shoe for 220$ and pushing it for 2500$ 3 days later.
You could get a game worn Penny jersey AND foams for less than $2500, its such a ridiculous amount to spend its beyond comprehension.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think I hate stupid hypebeasts willing to drop that kind of money on a shoe with really no history, more than the reseller banking on it....I can't even knock buying a shoe for 220$ and pushing it for 2500$ 3 days later.
You could get a game worn Penny jersey AND foams for less than $2500, its such a ridiculous amount to spend its beyond comprehension.
I am going to guess the people buying Galaxy's couldn't tell the difference between Penny and John Starks

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You could get a Penny jersey, Foams, and game worn Tyra Banks draws for that price.

lots of biases being exposed in this thread...

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
This is the same reason I wear a pair of beat-up vans day-in, day-out now. A lot of y'all need to reevaluate your lives if you really care about a shoe this much.  No man should ever care that much for a piece of clothing, that ain't masculine b.

Exactly. Its *!%%@@+ rubber and leather. It costs nike no more than 5 bucks to make a shoe and they resell it to you for 200 bucks 
roll.gif

You kids refer to this as a game oppose to it actually being a love and interest. If its your hobby it should be something you have genuine interest for it because of what the sneaker is about. Whether it being by a certain player you love, the construction and creativeness of a model, or all the latter with the history of it. All the kids now are just trend riding tools that mainstream (pretty much rap music) and the higher ups have made the image of, your not doing it in life unless you have the "freshest" pair of shoes on. Your not cool if you dont have jordans or nikes or a certain amount of sneakers. You kids are more caught up and worried about how you appear to certain groups than just worrying about more important things in life instead of how "cool" you look to others. Now i just laugh everytime i hear kids having pissing contests about what shoes they have and how they can basically just have a whole conversation about a shoe. Its hilarious and sad. 

1st let me say excluding nike-owned stores (not sure how that works out), the retailer(s) are the ones cashing out on these (because technically nike has made their money already by selling to the retailer(s), who are technically resellers)...ultimately they are the ones who really want limited releases because it gets people to the stores. it makes them(the retailer(s)) a destination that you have to go to get (exclusive) product...it will be interesting to see how this plays out because on the one hand it is bringing more people to the store, but they are also increasingly leaving disappointed/empty-handed, which probably is turning people off to the whole experience

2nd it has to be noted that these are just consumer products, regardless to the value ascribed to them by a particular segment of consumers. whether it is appreciation, collectors, connoisseurs, people buying for image or "for the record,"resellers, or just to be cool, from a business (which is/has been the hustler's system) perspective is all the same; product sold...

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

This is why I now condone counterfeits and fakes.  Not that I ever bought any but why shouldn't a kid who can't afford $200 pair of shoes be able to rock the same replica shoe for less?  No waiting in lines. No chaos. No drama.  You like the style and the color way, and it's sold out everywhere.. .so why not just buy fakes? 

an interesting thought, wonder how that would effect the price and exclusivity. it hasn't to this point, but if it ever got to the point where fakes were widely available, and you could get fakes for the low, would the real thing become diminished?

Originally Posted by beh235

I agree with Steezy, Nike is trolling it's younger consumers and I have no doubt that they know they aren't as bright despite better technological tools in our world that are supposed to aid us and make us smarter. Think about this, they are maximizing their profit even more with retros, quickstrikes etc. by increasing the price while making them with cheaper materials in addition to not spending any advertising dollars to actually get you to pay attention. I also find it amazing that people now are standing in line for a shoe that they don't even know the name of.  Also, don't y'all find it ironic that being a sneaker fiend used to mean searching various spots for shoes to have an obscure (now known as exclusive) shoe? Now, Nike got hip to that, cut out the search, made them limited and jacked up the price.That being said no more shoes for me.

i don't know if it is trolling, but out of all the brands nike seems to understand their consumers and how to cater the message to them the best. because contrary to popular belief, it isn't all young cats out there. i give them credit for that, somehow they've managed to stay relevant across multiple ages, generations, & groups; that ain't an easy thing to do. which inevitably leads to people trying to make moral arguments/comparisons like these about sneakers:

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by cguy610

Explain to me how it is wrong.

I'll explain.  Part of the motive of the reseller is to further reduce the available supply of the kicks on the market.  Check the threads, you have dudes buying 5-6 pairs of concords and foams. 

It's like there is a snowstorm the next day, 5 people buy all the milk out of the grocery store and then post up reselling the milk for $10 a gallon.  You wouldn't see anything wrong with that?  ( or switch out salt or shovels for milk) 

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Explain to me how it is wrong.

People that really want the shoe, have a hard time getting it, because
someone wants to make money off of it. Resellers have no appreciation
for the shoe itself, nor do they care about the people who really like them.
Nike didn't release them for people to sell it to the people they made them for.
Neither one of you explained to me how and why this is wrong. Why should it be fair game as to who can afford to camp outside to get the shoe? How is it wrong that I don't have a job and have the luxury of camping out and you can't? So I buy the shoe to make some $ and you don't get to touch the shoe. How is any of that wrong? I don't see how any of you are making this out to be a morality play but right/wrong have no place in this discussion. 
Nike released the shoe so people can buy it. They want to sell the shoe. No matter if they sell it to little Timmy who will wear it or Big Keefe who wants to resell it, NIke wants to sell the shoe. In both instances, that desire is met.

So again, how is it wrong?

all DC seems to pointing out is that the real reason most are making these right/wrong distinction is because they seem to be self-serving and they are speculative. all that matters is that one has enough money to complete the transaction. resellers have no appreciation? resellers dont care about the people who really like them? since people are so wrapped up in the motivation, all you have to do is flip the scenarios around some, and re-ask the question... is it ok if i buy all the available college textbooks, milk, sneakers, or whatever product and then procede to donate, give them away to people who 'really appreciate or need' them someplace other than where i bought them?

what has slowly been happening over maybe the last 10-15 years and much more rapidly in the last 5 years, is the market has continually expanded beyond its relative niche of aficionados, collectors, and connoisseurs, and as seemingly more and more people call themselves being into & taking advantage of the sneaker culture (check just how many brands make sneakers now!), now people are getting tight about it (especially if you are only about retro JORDANS/NIKES). it is understandable, and it has changed the 'game' but let's not make excuses about whats right &wrong according to sneakers; because before it became this mainstream behemoth, cats BEEN re-selling sneakers and if you felt the price was unfair, you took a pass...

StillIn729 wrote:

nah really tho... post a pic of you rockin those kicks 
wink.gif
quit trolling dude; we've already seen what you are about when a NTer asked for prayers for a dying child 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

CreateDestroy wrote:
Griff wrote:
 He believes that if God hears enough prayers his son's life will be spared. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

1. You putting that search tool to work huh....
2. Believing that getting a certain amount of prayers will save your life is beyond delusional

3.... really tho.. post fit pics of those shoes 
laugh.gif

^i won't quote that long post but I'll say this and leave it at that.

I don't knock a man that wears jordans variants in today's climate, mainly because the quality on these retros is pathetic and JB has the nerve to charge more. Then you factor in having to jump through hoops to "maybe" land a pair or pay a reseller a significant markup, it's not even worth it anymore.

I've already made my decision that if I can't get the black/red iv's on RD for retail i'm buying some high quality fakes straight up. At least they come with Nike air on the back and I don't have to stay up all night and/or stand in line for hours.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Perfect execution lulz. And I do have a job but truthfully buying and selling shoes has made me over 65k extra cash on the side last year. I never camp out for kicks don't have the time but I do buy a lot on here iss and eBay. Easiest hustle I have ever had mainly cause most people I know are hypebeast shoe collectors that pay flightclub prices for kicks
65k? tax free? hmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom