So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Man DC is knocking his argument out of the park.

Did I make you proud 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Man DC is knocking his argument out of the park.

Did I make you proud 
frown.gif

I gotta say out of all the things said in this thread you really placed things in perspective and make the most sense #trollfail you are slippin brah

Joints look like kiddy shoes. Nike tells you they're limited, jacks up the price and the sheep go crazy
laugh.gif
Just wait until the ultra-limited bionic edition foams release with actual lights that will retail for $1001.10. Cats will be donating blood on site to get their little hands on a pair.

You're welcome, Nike.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Perfect execution lulz. And I do have a job but truthfully buying and selling shoes has made me over 65k extra cash on the side last year. I never camp out for kicks don't have the time but I do buy a lot on here iss and eBay. Easiest hustle I have ever had mainly cause most people I know are hypebeast shoe collectors that pay flightclub prices for kicks

I call Ducktales at you making $65,000 reselling sneaks in just the last 12 months.

65k is profit?...that is crazy, house must be looking like a Footaction stockroom and that connect must be something serious...

The limited quantity creates hype.. hype sells, hype also kills. 
The so called "sneakerhead" phase is hot right now, kids who never shot a basketball in their lives are waiting hours in line to purchase basketball sneakers
laugh.gif

eventually for the new edition hipsters this "sneakerhead" fad will be over and played, and people will move on to the next big thing.

As for the loyal cats who have a genuine love for sneakers, they'll continue to buy and the sun will shine again
grin.gif

$65k profit selling sneakers? not buying that
you are telling me you sold 6,500 pairs of sneakers or 540 sneakers a month for $100 profit per...nahhhhhhhh

Originally Posted by StillIn729

you are telling me you sold 6,500 pairs of sneakers or 540 sneakers a month for $100 profit per...nahhhhhhhh

Double check your math, particularly decimal places.

you are telling me you sold 650 pairs of sneakers or 54 sneakers a month for $100 profit per...nahhhhhhhh
Fixed.

I think $100 per sneaker is on the high side in profit, especially after ebay fees.  That would mean that he's reselling every pair/style for nearly double the retail price. 

Dude would have to be moving like 100+ pairs every month to pull in that type of cash.

Originally Posted by cguy610

you are telling me you sold 650 pairs of sneakers or 54 sneakers a month for $100 profit per...nahhhhhhhh
Fixed.

I think $100 per sneaker is on the high side in profit, especially after ebay fees.  That would mean that he's reselling every pair/style for nearly double the retail price. 

Dude would have to be moving like 100+ pairs every month to pull in that type of cash.
they know what I mean; there is no way I believe he pushed that kind of profit with a legit every day job

I think after the space jams things have gotten a lot harder to obtain. Especially if you live in a major city.

Originally Posted by eyanks

Originally Posted by eyanks

Funny how people bring morals into this discussion, these are NIKE sneakers, when has Nike ever stood for morality?

Consumers are such hypocrites.  If a reseller goes into a store, buys 10 pairs, then holds onto them for a few weeks for a profit, everyone hates him for making $$ off them.  If he holds onto the pairs and the hype dies and he loses money, they don't offer him retail, they try and squeeze him for the lowest price.  And yet the reseller is supposed to care that these people don't like his hustle  
eyes.gif
You sound like a reseller.  When has Nike set the standards for morality?  If you look to Nike for your example of morality, it makes me question your upbringing.

When a store places a 1 pair limit on the shoes and you go buy 10 shoes because of your hookup or whatever, you are wrong.  You already broke the rules = wrong.  The amount you are able to sell them for is irrelevant. 
I have never resold a pair of shoes in my life, but it's a concept that goes beyond shoes.  I have sold stuff on my ebay account and tried to make a little money, for example, selling things from AJ Wright and other things that I stumbled upon on ebay that were listed poorly.  Sometimes I made money, sometimes I didn't, but I always honored the sale regardless, but nobody feels sorry for me if I didn't make a profit on something, nor should they; I took the risk.  Technically that would make me a "reseller", but is it any different that owning a store and reselling what I buy from the manufacturer? You can say that I cost customers at AJ Wright a product, but all I did was expand the marketplace worldwide and allowed other people the chance to buy things they otherwise wouldn't have know about.    
Shoe resellers couldn't break the rules unless the store itself allows it, blame the store for breaking their own rules.  Should this be allowed?  No, but it happens, if someone doesn't like it they should boycott the store for being dishonest, that hurts them more than complaining on NT about resellers.  A lot of people here are going to complain about the Yeezys when they come out, and talk about unfair it is, then continue to buy from Nike and continue to buy from whatever store screwed them.  Jimmy Jazz was real shady with the Galaxy release, so I've made a decision to not shop there until they learn how to run a business properly.

Honestly, I don't really expect anyone to agree with me, except for maybe DCAllAmerican .. there's people who feel entitled to a pair of sneakers, or whatever other materialistic object they want, and when it becomes harder to get it due to resellers or whatever other reason they complain, but if the resellers plan backfires then they'll buy from them for a lower price.  Its unfortunate how unhelpful some NTers are to one another, people were asking on the galaxy thread when the sneakers were coming out, or if any stores were having them online, and anyone who gave an answer was criticized, I've never seen this kind of behavior on the coin and jersey collecting forums I've been on, kinda silly to expect grown men to "put in work" to buy a newly released sneaker and to have to research which one of the billion websites on the internet are selling them.  Its hypocritical since people don't want to reveal to the "competition" where the sneakers are being sold, but when a reseller beats them at their own game they get salty .. there's moral shadiness throughout the sneaker community, and its not going anywhere.

store owners usually buy their products from the manufacturer for wholesale, a reduced price and then they are able to sell them at any price, thats why theres a msrp, manufacturer suggested RETAIL price. besides stores dont get the hottest releases until they sell off most if not all of the weak non best selling releases that nike or whatver company gives them.

bottom line is if you aint a reseller whatever you buy you wouldnt sell for a marked up price or for profit. You would sell it for retail. period. guess what? Not only does most of nt have a little bit of reseller hustle and hypebeast in them EVEN MODS HAVE A LITTLE BIT TOO.

the sodium levels in this thread are record-breaking.

so many grown @** men worried about how other grown @** men are spending their money.

point blank, if you think resellers and the people whom'll buy the shoes at reseller prices are ruining the game then get out. stop *****ing. you guys are worse than the mouth breathers *****ing about gamestop's business practices.

if you don't like it, don't buy the shoes. if you already don't buy the shoes why are you still worried about the market? It's not impacting you or your pocket in anyway shape, form or fashion. For those buying these shoes being sheep YOU guys spend an an awful amount of time and energy worrying about what these sheep are doing.

ironic....

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

if you already don't buy the shoes why are you still worried about the market? It's not impacting you or your pocket in anyway shape, form or fashion.

Because I feel like it and it's a message board.  And the campouts are on the news, so we actually are discussing recent news stories/front page news.

another thing, I am all for critiquing Nike themselves, the consumer shouldn't be punished however.

I do agree that people should refrain from buying sub-par product and that Nike should stop baiting people with hype tactics. However when Nike does put out a quality release (and let's be honest these foams actually turned out to be good quality, better then those red foams) like the Bin series or the LeBron line I can't criticize people spending their hard earned money on a quality product that they really like. Likewise I refuse to knock people whom put in the time and effort to wait in line for hours or days even to buy shoes for resale purposes. I personally don't think it's worth the time but at the same time I can see how it is for some. At the end of the day it provides the shoes (yes at high resale prices) for those whom didn't have the time to stand in line.

That's what it is, again if you don't like it move on. There are plenty of other footwear brands that put out quality shoes at fair pricing (Adidas immediately comes to mind).

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

if you already don't buy the shoes why are you still worried about the market? It's not impacting you or your pocket in anyway shape, form or fashion.

Because I feel like it and it's a message board.  And the campouts are on the news, so we actually are discussing recent news stories/front page news.
That's not the issue, but the trolling and the hating is not constructive debate at all. It's just a bunch of crap being spewed all over this thread by people who just come off salty and disingenuous. 

The sneaker game isn't ruined,it's just at its peak.I could see things heading in this direction years ago but no one said anything but the "old-timers" because everyone  was able to get what they wanted it when they wanted it,it was ok.Nike capitilizing on the "sneakerhead" is expected,their in it to make money,period.But I think what hurt the general,average,everyday sneakerhead is when they themselves stopped doing what they normally would do and started  getting caught up into the hype of whats hot now,which is so easy to do.

With lables usually comes certain expectations and price-tag,so some are just falling into what their expected to do:Camping out,standing lines,focusing solely whats hot & new,reselling and whatever else that comes along with it.

What goes up,must come down,it will calm-down,when?probably no time soon and if your sneakerhead you'll still be around then.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Now you say jealousy....nobody is jealous, at least I'm not, I don't envy a resellers lifestyle...hell out of here
laugh.gif
I still don't like what they do to get their hands on a pair of shoes (camp outs, fights, ridiculous mark ups) but I stand corrected, thats their way of making money and NOONE is entitled to knock that, truth is if people didn't pay reseller rates, there wouldn't be any resellers to deal with....but hype fuels all that with the help of the Internet....it is what it is.
so Tim doesn't have a real job?
is he part of the problem? you just gave him props?

I just hate when people use the "reseller" term as a large general blanket, as if all of them are sleeping in the rain for a week 
laugh.gif

some have connections and only have to show up the day before as you guys are typing angrily about "da shoe game" being done, still giving props to people like Tim, not realizing how dumb you all seem.

just get over sneakers or set a limit of what you'll pay and stop crying about it.

Do I really need to be so specific? Or do you guys nitpick posts for the sake of an argument...I dunno if Tim got a job....do you know if he does?...is he part of the problem?...no, he's doing something anyone with common sense would do....the problem is the dude he sold it too.

Fam I agreed with all ya back when DC entered the thread...read man READ.

Who's crying?...who's jealous??...I'm not sitting at home losing sleep over these sneakers, i never planned on getting them..I'm just having a conversation with you guys about this issue....or you are gonna tell me this is not an issue and there is nothing wrong with the riot police having to be present at the release of a sneaker...

steezy these fools just keep failing

aint anything about jealousy. what kind of a man says if you dont like it dont buy it? Duffers say that. Whats the point of coming to niketalk to discuss the particular sneaker, where theres dedicated threads like official "jordan" thread, official "nike" thread, wdywt thread, where people wanna know info on the sites and places thats selling for retail or very close to it? this whole forum is dedicated to nike sneakers primarily. Would you have said that same bull 10 years ago when these hustlin bullies multiplied in numbers since the concords?? I dont %!++*+$ think so. there was no reselling market like this before and there was no hustlin mentality like it is now, its out of hand

Where were all these players when the concords, cool greys, 01 black cement III, columbias, 00 sjs, fire red V, black V, laneys, all that dope !%!! that was dropping?

Dude I deal with people that I sell kicks that u buy retail at flightclub prices. U do the math and my math was a Lil off its closer to 50k some of it carried over from the previous year

As a matter of fact Animal Thug even made a suggestion to method man to do something about resellers selling on here. That speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom