* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

Question are shorts in football an afterthought when it comes to designing new kits? Ive noticed its pretty much the same template used with varying colors. The top will be some radical change with the latest tech and then the shorts is shown and its blah.

Do some of you play football outdoors in the cold? If so, what do you use? Thinking about getting something for running/jogging and outdoor activities for next winter

Do some of you play football outdoors in the cold? If so, what do you use? Thinking about getting something for running/jogging and outdoor activities for next winter

Are you talking about gear/clothes to wear? If so SRFY highly recommends the Under Armour cold gear. I got my some Nike hyperwarm gear (tights & top) that worked really well for him.

So this new USA Kit isn't clean? Lol what
I think he's saying the kit is rather plain instead of "clean"

Like for example- the France Euro 2012 Away- CLEAN 
smokin.gif

All-white, two-color, it worked. It had style to it.

The US kit looks like something made for the coaches and staff instead of the on-field kit.

I liked it. Nike can't use the Ballon d'Or because they have an exclusive partnership with adidas. I have a feeling if they could use the award it wouldn've factored into the promo vid.

I'm interested to see how the US fares against Ronnie. Aside from the friendlies with Germany & Belgium (& a few others), they're used to playing CONCACAF teams.

I liked it. Nike can't use the Ballon d'Or because they have an exclusive partnership with adidas. I have a feeling if they could use the award it wouldn've factored into the promo vid.

I'm interested to see how the US fares against Ronnie. Aside from the friendlies with Germany & Belgium (& a few others), they're used to playing CONCACAF teams.
Figo won the World Player of the Year Award going into the World Cup and Portugal faced the US, and lost in the opener.

Coincidentally, that was the last time the US wore collars on their home shirt before now. 

when I said it looked like for a coach or staff this is what i meant.

Yeah it's in blue but you get my point. Not PSed at all.
View media item 746132

You could say the same thing about ANY kit with a collar. Any kit that's not flashy really.

The Centinieal kit absolutely looks like something a coach would wear on the sidelines but it's still fire.

nah the centennial kit looked like a kit. There is a way to make a collared kit look like a kit rather than a coach/staff piece.

any way wanted to see the effect of it on a player:

View media item 747100

Last edited:
Milan 14/15 home (will still have the St. George's cross crest)

Milan Away

Milan 3rd (Brazil-themed: yellow with green stripes)

ACM Home St. George's Cross crest

View media item 749578

If you're referring to the cross that may appear on the Milan shirt, it would be the St. Ambrose cross which is the flag for the city of Milan. He was the bishop there long ago (now the patron saint of the city & the Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio). My man NTer Coupe also mentioned it in the old thread too. :D :wink:

I like the Columbia kits.

Last edited:
If you're referring to the cross that may appear on the Milan shirt, it would be the St. Ambrose cross which is the flag for the city of Milan. He was the bishop there long ago. My man NTer Coupe mentioned it in the old thread too.
happy.gif
wink.gif

I like the Columbia kits.
 St. Ambrose Cross = St. George's cross.

One and the same. Just what its generally referred to in Italy. 

Actually the St. George's cross didn't come into existence until after the 3rd crusade (I think). The red cross & white back round was used much before then by northern Italian towns like Milan & Genoa - the St. Ambrose flag.

I think the English paid to use the flag at first to guarantee safe passage through Northern Italy during those times. I also remember there is a French connection to the cross also.

You can call it the same thing but I don't think historians do depending on the region of Europe your talking about... :wink:

Now if you talk about Barca, than it's the St. George or St. Jordi as he's known in Cataluna...

Last edited:
Cool read from soccer bible. Some of this stuff is already known & the other stuff seems like stuff they know, just aren't allowed to confirm officially yet.

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/general/archive/2014/01/16/2014-boot-predictions.aspx

2014 Boot Predictions
We look ahead at what might be in store in an exciting World Cup year of releases.

The year 2014 is teeing up to be a big one for football, any World Cup year is surrounded by an added buzz and for brands the World Cup is the perfect platform to make a statement, to be different and to showcase their innovations and style. With that in mind we've come up with a number of predictions that we reckon we might see in the next 12 months.

We look forward to a huge landmark for the adidas Predator as the famous boot celebrates it's 20th birthday, another set of signature boot releases, new technology and the possibility of old technology returning. It's all set up to be one of the most exciting years yet for the boot industry and here are a few things we're tipping to see on pitch.

View media item 750628
Running Tech In Football | Used in virtually every other sport apart from football, Flyknit has been rumoured to make an appearance in football for a couple of seasons now and we reckon 2014 could be the year we see it introduced to the beautiful game.

View media item 750629
Retro Re-releases | Nike last year launched a limited edition version of the 1998 Mercurial, a boot to celebrate 15 years since R9 wore the first ever pair. The Swoosh have already dropped another '98 inspired design on their Mercurial Vapor IX and we're expecting that theme to continue on the road to Rio.

View media item 750630
Signature Boots | The two obvious players spring to mind here - Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi. Nike and adidas will no doubt extend their respective players signature collections as they go head to head in the World Cup. All eyes will be on the world's top two players and there's no way either brand will miss an opportunity to lace them up in something unique.

View media item 750635
Neymar Exclusive | Brazil's golden boy Neymar is tipped for big things in his own back yard this Summer. Brazil's World Cup hopes are in the hands of Barca's number 11 and if the boy does good we wouldn't be surprised to see him in an exclusive HyperVenom colourway in the latter stages of the tournament.

View media item 750639
Predator 20th Anniversary | Not a hard one to predict this, the 20th birthday of one of football's most famous boots won't pass by unnoticed. Arguably the most anticipated release of 2014, there's no doubt adidas have something special lined up but exactly what, is anyone's guess.

View media item 750640
Tournament Packs | Again, it doesn't take a genius to predict this but if you look back at the past World Cup and European Championships Nike especially have served up a theme across their silos. Euro 2008, World Cup 2010, Euro 2012, the pack has become synonymous with these tournaments and we're expecting that to continue into Brazil.

View media item 750644
Elite Level Boots | We're tipping elite level boots to make a return this year. It takes something pretty special to better a top end boot and it normally arrives with a heavier price tag and much in the same way Nike used carbon fibre sole plates on their Elite collection we're expecting something similar.

Back
Top Bottom