SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Double post but my superfly zoom air arrived and they seem to feel tighter than superfly 8 around the midfoot and up. May need some serious break in time or ill have to go 1/2 size up from usual 10.5 in mercurials

Keep us updated. Oddly enough I am a 10.5 in vapors too and they usually fit tight and take time to break in to fit almost perfectly (literally need to keep my toe nails clipped or else they will be too small). I am low key concerned if they are any smaller and won't break in well.

Also unisport has black vapors in the AG-Pro up...but no shots of the sole. Not sure what the AG plate will look like and I hope it has zoom. I worry they might not put zoom in it if the soleplate is completely different for the AG.

I think the tightness may be due to the vaporposite+ upper. Would be nice if reviews focused more on fit than technobabble.

Am training tonight so will let you know but if they continue to feel weird will send em back to nike tomorrow for an 11.

Am gonna send mine back but Nike said theyre out of 11s so will be a few weeks. Again these are slightly smaller than mv8. I do have a wide foot but 10.5 did me for most superflys!

Keep us updated. Oddly enough I am a 10.5 in vapors too and they usually fit tight and take time to break in to fit almost perfectly (literally need to keep my toe nails clipped or else they will be too small). I am low key concerned if they are any smaller and won't break in well.

Also unisport has black vapors in the AG-Pro up...but no shots of the sole. Not sure what the AG plate will look like and I hope it has zoom. I worry they might not put zoom in it if the soleplate is completely different for the AG.

Interestingly enough NDC just listed the Black Summit color way in FG but they’ve pictured the AG boot by mistake.

Looks like a much different sole plate but still featuring Air Zoom?

Also hopefully this slip up indicates AG models will be sold directly on NDC at some point soon.

This is def interesting. Looks like a take down model too since there is no flyknit around the collar of the shoe. I also wonder how they can call the take down models Zoom mercurial vapors if they don't have zoom. Again this is an assumption from the sole plate but the boot still says air zoom on it. So maybe the take down models and the AG-Pro models will have zoom?

Also looks like the studs aren't hollowed out like they used to be on these.
zoom-mercurial-vapor-15-elite-fg-firm-ground-soccer-cleats-NLZxDR.png

I think the tightness may be due to the vaporposite+ upper. Would be nice if reviews focused more on fit than technobabble.

Am training tonight so will let you know but if they continue to feel weird will send em back to nike tomorrow for an 11.

For real, the reviews I saw barely mentioned the upper at all.

I found that weird as well and is why I was hesitant to order. The front studs are clearly the normal Nike AG conical studs but the back ones are still bladed.

Interesting. That configuration is much closer to the AG-pro outsole on the Vapor 13 than the last AG-modification we had on the Vapor 14. I like this better.

I actually preferred the AG-R type studs like the previous vapors. The AG pitches i play on tend to be older and more shallow so the lower studs that have more of them help with stud pressure.

glad to see zoom will be there though. that is a big relief.

Anybody ever get the elite training pants or drill strike pants? Looking at grabbing a pair of one from Spurs since they are a clean black.

Anybody ever get the elite training pants or drill strike pants? Looking at grabbing a pair of one from Spurs since they are a clean black.

Nike has done a great job of stultifying their product names w/ endless qualifiers and descriptors.

BUT, the top-of-the-line training pants by whichever name they're going now (Strike Drill Elite or some long combination like that) are pretty dang good training pants. I have a few different yearly iterations and they're my go-to when temps drop.

The top option (usually a "player issue" equivalent) won't have pockets, mind you. Takedowns come w/ zip pockets.

Last edited:
Nike has done a great job of stultifying their product names w/ endless qualifiers and descriptors.

BUT, the top-of-the-line training pants by whichever name they're going now (Strike Drill Elite or some long combination like that) are pretty dang good training pants. I have a few different yearly iterations and they're my go-to when temps drop.

The top option (usually a "player issue" equivalent) won't have pockets, mind you. Takedowns come w/ zip pockets.
Was looking at these:

https://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/product/spurs-adult-nike-elite-training-pants-2022-23/emt0222

https://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/product/spurs-adult-nike-training-pants-2022-23/nkmt0522

Nice; glad the club stores are still offering the differentiation. PDS used to be great about stocking all of these, but have fallen off over the last few years.

I would go with the first option (elite training pants). I think you'll really like them. The fabric isn't just their standard dri-fit poly. Even though they appear to have pockets based on the product photos, that pricepoint and description seem to indicate the top-tier product.

Nice; glad the club stores are still offering the differentiation. PDS used to be great about stocking all of these, but have fallen off over the last few years.

I would go with the first option (elite training pants). I think you'll really like them. The fabric isn't just their standard dri-fit poly. Even though they appear to have pockets based on the product photos, that pricepoint and description seem to indicate the top-tier product.
Thanks mate. Going to wait to see if they pop up on some other sites with more frequent discounts. Also, its summer so no rush.

Mine arrive today from Unisport (passed customs despite their apparent prohibition on US shipping). Will demo and report on fit compared to the 2 previous gens.

How long did it take for your order to ship? Placed mine on the 12th and haven't gotten anything yet in terms of shipping.

How long did it take for your order to ship? Placed mine on the 12th and haven't gotten anything yet in terms of shipping.

When I ordered Tiempos from them last month it was radio silence for 7 days then got shipping notification. Arrived 2-3 days after that.

Placed the order on launch day (7/1). Got receipt and order confirmation same day (7/1). Shipping Confirmation on 7/5. Arrival on 7/12.

Sitting w/ the red AG Legend 9 and the blackout Superfly in the cart right now and feeling itchy.

Placed the order on launch day (7/1). Got receipt and order confirmation same day (7/1). Shipping Confirmation on 7/5. Arrival on 7/12.

Sitting w/ the red AG Legend 9 and the blackout Superfly in the cart right now and feeling itchy.

Cool, I'll just be patient then since it's only been three days and I have written confirmation from them that they would ship Nike to the states.

Black/Summit Vapor 15 Elite just dropped on NDC.

Act quick if you want em, even just to test out. They basically stealth launching the 15, that first color way sold out in a day.

Good looking out, scooped up a pair. Hopefully the hype is warranted.

Was hoping to get a turf pair too but they only have the club version :frown:

Last edited:
I honestly feel like nike should market the AG-Pro outsole as a "hybrid". If you play mostly on AG but some times on Firm Ground...these are the only boot you need. I can only assume the AG boots don't sell that much because i always feel like they are basically pumped out by nike as an afterthought every year....hence not ever being on NDC US

Back
Top Bottom