Somali Pirates execute 4 Americans

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by TheWealth

Who cares how many bases we have?  We want to win.

How do you know what Afghans want?  It sure isn't for us to leave them to own government.

Win what, bro? Who or what are we fighting exactly? The War on Terror? The Taliban and Al-qaeda, the same people we supported until the threat of Communism was over? If you would have saw the Battle of Marjah on HBO, you would see what the Afghans want and it sure as hell not our presence. A lot of them are so secluded they don't even know who or what the Taliban or who the U.S. is.

eyes.gif

Yes you are right.  The Afghans including the residents of Marjah don't want their children going to school. 
eyes.gif
 They really must hate seeing the US reopen the schools the Taliban shut down

http://www.isaf.nato.int/article/isaf-releases/marjah-residents-celebrate-new-school-opening.html

KABUL, Afghanistan (Dec. 3, 2010) – The opening of the eighth school that coalition forces have helped build in Marjah, Helmand province drew local citizens, Afghan National Security and International Security Assistance Forces personnel, Dec. 1.

With the completion of the Balakino School, approximately 1,200 local citizens are receiving an education in an area where 96 percent of the population is illiterate.

new-school_100524-m-7069a-0231.png

How do you know what Afghans want?  It sure isn't for us to leave them to own government.

Win what, bro? Who or what are we fighting exactly? The War on Terror? The Taliban and Al-qaeda, the same people we supported until the threat of Communism was over? If you would have saw the Battle of Marjah on HBO, you would see what the Afghans want and it sure as hell not our presence. A lot of them are so secluded they don't even know who or what the Taliban or who the U.S. is.

Why the hell would I go there?

The people who were killed should of had the same mindset as you.

When I said win, I'm talking about our country having the best foot forward in anything we do. Period.

HBO huh, that's the problem with most people who are so "passionate" about politics.  No disrespect, but you just regurgitate whatever you see on TV or radio. This world is a lot deeper than a 30 minute special.

I didn't need HBO to see the "Battle of Marjah". 

Why the hell would I go there?

The people who were killed should of had the same mindset as you.

When I said win, I'm talking about our country having the best foot forward in anything we do. Period.

HBO huh, that's the problem with most people who are so "passionate" about politics.  No disrespect, but you just regurgitate whatever you see on TV or radio. This world is a lot deeper than a 30 minute special.

President Barry already kills women and children in Yemen and Afghanistan. I wouldn't be surprised he starts bombing Somlia pretty soon.
I have never been into politics in my life. But I don't understand why people make statements like this.  If you only knew the steps it takes to shoot a single round in Afghanistan.

JDAM's and Hellfire are old school.  Today we use HIMAR'S.

I don't care what the process is. We shouldn't be in Afghanistan forcing innocent people to obey the puppet government we set up for them and we shouldn't be building permanent bases on their land. We shouldn't be dropping bombs on other countries without justification, we shouldn't be killing people based on assumptions or what can "possibly" happen. We shouldn't be killing people based on CIA intelligence, these people are guilty because without any due process and Rule of Law.

How would you feel if that was happening here?

preach.jpg

i cosign all this to the max. there is absolutely NO good reason for the US to be in afghanistan. Terrorists from there never attacked us, plus that country doesn't even have oil. Its a just a reason the gov't tells the many stupid people in this country so that they gain support to continue operations in the middle east. it blows my mind how imperialistic this country is. every single time there is a foreign political crisis we have to get involved. and if the country isn't democratic, we'd rather not deal with you unless there is financial gain. cuba is a great example but this thread wasn't made for that discussion so ill chill out on that tip.

anyways americans who venture into hostile territory should expect to be treated with, you kno...hostility. leave it to fox news to portray it in a different way tho
eyes.gif

Who the +%+# grows up to be a pirate nowadays?

Excuse my ignorance but what do these 'pirates' gain out of this?

President Barry already kills women and children in Yemen and Afghanistan. I wouldn't be surprised he starts bombing Somlia pretty soon.
I have never been into politics in my life. But I don't understand why people make statements like this.  If you only knew the steps it takes to shoot a single round in Afghanistan.

JDAM's and Hellfire are old school.  Today we use HIMAR'S.

I don't care what the process is. We shouldn't be in Afghanistan forcing innocent people to obey the puppet government we set up for them and we shouldn't be building permanent bases on their land. We shouldn't be dropping bombs on other countries without justification, we shouldn't be killing people based on assumptions or what can "possibly" happen. We shouldn't be killing people based on CIA intelligence, these people are guilty because without any due process and Rule of Law.

How would you feel if that was happening here?

preach.jpg

i cosign all this to the max. there is absolutely NO good reason for the US to be in afghanistan. Terrorists from there never attacked us, plus that country doesn't even have oil. Its a just a reason the gov't tells the many stupid people in this country so that they gain support to continue operations in the middle east. it blows my mind how imperialistic this country is. every single time there is a foreign political crisis we have to get involved. and if the country isn't democratic, we'd rather not deal with you unless there is financial gain. cuba is a great example but this thread wasn't made for that discussion so ill chill out on that tip.

anyways americans who venture into hostile territory should expect to be treated with, you kno...hostility. leave it to fox news to portray it in a different way tho
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

It's like when people go to the hood and wonder why they were robbed or assaulted. They're certain places some don't belong in..this is the perfect example of that.

RIP, but there's stuff you just don't do and this is one of them.  

People act like you can just bipass Somali waters if you're sailing in that area.  The Suez Canal is a major shipping lane and Somalia is the pointed section of Africa.  It's just south of the highlighted portion on this map.  The reason why there are so many stories of hijacked ships is because no matter how hard you try, you're going to have to sail somewhere around Somali waters to get into the Red Sea which will take you into the Mediterranean.  That is unless, however, you want to go all the way around the horn of Africa to get there...

map-yemen-location1.png

Originally Posted by E3LAL

It's like when people go to the hood and wonder why they were robbed or assaulted. They're certain places some don't belong in..this is the perfect example of that.

RIP, but there's stuff you just don't do and this is one of them.  

People act like you can just bipass Somali waters if you're sailing in that area.  The Suez Canal is a major shipping lane and Somalia is the pointed section of Africa.  It's just south of the highlighted portion on this map.  The reason why there are so many stories of hijacked ships is because no matter how hard you try, you're going to have to sail somewhere around Somali waters to get into the Red Sea which will take you into the Mediterranean.  That is unless, however, you want to go all the way around the horn of Africa to get there...

map-yemen-location1.png

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

eyes.gif

Yes you are right.  The Afghans including the residents of Marjah don't want their children going to school. 
eyes.gif

http://www.isaf.nato.int/article/isaf-releases/marjah-residents-celebrate-new-school-opening.html

KABUL, Afghanistan (Dec. 3, 2010) – The opening of the eighth school that coalition forces have helped build in Marjah, Helmand province drew local citizens, Afghan National Security and International Security Assistance Forces personnel, Dec. 1.

With the completion of the Balakino School, approximately 1,200 local citizens are receiving an education in an area where 96 percent of the population is illiterate.

Cool. I wonder if we are going to teach them our same Progressive revisionist indoctrination we teach our youth here.

Actually no, I don't regurgitate what I see on HBO. Unless you have been comatose for the past 10 years and with more recent events, it's pretty damn clear that they don't want our influence in that part of the world. Nice try, though.

laugh.gif
And would that be? Every country being a satellite block of the United States?

us-military-bases-around-the-world.jpg

Almost there!!!!

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

Cool. I wonder if we are going to teach them our same Progressive revisionist indoctrination we teach our youth here.

Actually no, I don't regurgitate what I see on HBO. Unless you have been comatose for the past 10 years and with more recent events, it's pretty damn clear that they don't want our influence in that part of the world. Nice try, though.

laugh.gif

Almost there!!!!

rashi wrote:

laugh.gif

Once again, you don't really know what goes on inside of all those bases.  You would probably be surprised.

Your fighting the little man's fight. And that's good for you, but you way too far removed to just throw out broad statements based on what you see in the media.

You should write your Congressman or maybe take your own advice and travel to do your own research.

rashi wrote:

laugh.gif

Once again, you don't really know what goes on inside of all those bases.  You would probably be surprised.

Your fighting the little man's fight. And that's good for you, but you way too far removed to just throw out broad statements based on what you see in the media.

You should write your Congressman or maybe take your own advice and travel to do your own research.

The real question that needs to be addressed is WHY there exist Somalian Pirates to begin with?

Certain populations never want to discuss the root of a problem because as it always turns out, their fingerprints can always be found at the original scene of the crime.

People aren't born killers or savages. They are forced to become that way in order to survive, and more often than not, the force is originating from extrinsic sources.

I not mad at the pirates who are acting like pirates; rather, I am mad at the people who fostered and created a situation that necessitated a turn towards piracy in Somalia.

The real question that needs to be addressed is WHY there exist Somalian Pirates to begin with?

Certain populations never want to discuss the root of a problem because as it always turns out, their fingerprints can always be found at the original scene of the crime.

People aren't born killers or savages. They are forced to become that way in order to survive, and more often than not, the force is originating from extrinsic sources.

I not mad at the pirates who are acting like pirates; rather, I am mad at the people who fostered and created a situation that necessitated a turn towards piracy in Somalia.

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Almost there!!!!

Who exactly do they classify as "US troops"?  There are multiple countries on that list that seem peculiar to me including China and Russia.

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Almost there!!!!

Who exactly do they classify as "US troops"?  There are multiple countries on that list that seem peculiar to me including China and Russia.

The Adams have been sailing the world with a yacht full of Bibles since 2004.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...ured-pirates-reportedly-killed/#ixzz1EiLJjt83

Call me cold hearted, but I have no sympathy.

It doesn't matter if you agree with their views or not but wth? These people lost their lives for no reason and you have no sympathy because of their beliefs? 
indifferent.gif

I do believe in God but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't care if someone with different beliefs died. I'd feel sympathy for them even if they had opposite views of mine

It's dudes like you that give atheists a bad name. 

The Adams have been sailing the world with a yacht full of Bibles since 2004.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...ured-pirates-reportedly-killed/#ixzz1EiLJjt83

Call me cold hearted, but I have no sympathy.

It doesn't matter if you agree with their views or not but wth? These people lost their lives for no reason and you have no sympathy because of their beliefs? 
indifferent.gif

I do believe in God but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't care if someone with different beliefs died. I'd feel sympathy for them even if they had opposite views of mine

It's dudes like you that give atheists a bad name. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Who the +%+# grows up to be a gangmember?

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Who the +%+# grows up to be a gangmember?

Back
Top Bottom