Somali Pirates execute 4 Americans

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by rashi

Hey Fox News, why were the Americans there in the first place?
To pass out bibles. 

Thats what they get for trying to push their religion on someone else.   Let people believe what they want (if they did that, they wouldnt have been there and wouldnt have been killed)

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by rashi

Hey Fox News, why were the Americans there in the first place?
To pass out bibles. 

Thats what they get for trying to push their religion on someone else.   Let people believe what they want (if they did that, they wouldnt have been there and wouldnt have been killed)

Drizzyd wrote:
Originally Posted by cartune

Drizzyd wrote:
Who the +%+# grows up to be a pirate nowadays?

Excuse my ignorance but what do these 'pirates' gain out of this?
Who the +%+# grows up to be a gangmember?

Damn my dude, you an ex-pirate or something? 
Soundin real salty.. again can anyone inform me why they become pirates and what they gain out of it? Im sure there are more than just the Somali ones that have been in the news the past year or two. I really dont know much about it all.

laugh.gif
 *%*+!! cant catch correlations  

Drizzyd wrote:

Drizzyd wrote:

Soundin real salty.. again can anyone inform me why they become pirates and what they gain out of it? Im sure there are more than just the Somali ones that have been in the news the past year or two. I really dont know much about it all.

laugh.gif
 *%*+!! cant catch correlations  

Some of you guys might have the wrong idea of modern piracy
laugh.gif
This isn't your old, walk the plank type piracy. These guys are hijacking ships and taking hostages for RANSOMS. It's in their best interest to keep their captives ALIVE. Obviously something went wrong.

Piracy is not unlike any other illegitimate method of trying to make money when times are tough. If you dig a little deeper, you'll realize that fishing was once a means of making a living in parts of Somalia but, due to overfishing in the surrounding waters by large, foreign fishing vessels, fishing is no longer viable. A lot of these pirates were once fisherman.
What do you do when the only thing you know and your means of making a living are taken from you?

Some of you guys might have the wrong idea of modern piracy
laugh.gif
This isn't your old, walk the plank type piracy. These guys are hijacking ships and taking hostages for RANSOMS. It's in their best interest to keep their captives ALIVE. Obviously something went wrong.

Piracy is not unlike any other illegitimate method of trying to make money when times are tough. If you dig a little deeper, you'll realize that fishing was once a means of making a living in parts of Somalia but, due to overfishing in the surrounding waters by large, foreign fishing vessels, fishing is no longer viable. A lot of these pirates were once fisherman.
What do you do when the only thing you know and your means of making a living are taken from you?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by SuperPirate

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

indifferent.gif

Do you know how poor somalia is? No-one there has ambitions to be a pirate. Unlike 2pac who had ambitions to be a rydah.

And they gain food/money to feed themselves/famibly. The horn of Africa is pretty much a free zone. It is some of the most dangerous waters in the world and these people knew that before going in.

The got what they deserved.
But my dude,what did they gain from killing these people huh?
You act as if you can just somehow bypass Somali waters. If you're trying to get to the mediteranean/red sea,you're going to have to sail through Somali waters. That's why there are soo many ships being hijacked. You can't just sail around that area to get by.

These people didn't deserve to die under any circumstance 
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ you for trying to justify murder by saying that it's a "free zone" and "oh they shouldn't have been there".
I believe one of the hostages managed to get ahold of one of the weapons and there was a struggle. Supposedly, the soldiers found two dead pirates on the boat that weren't killed by the soldiers.
The hostages are obviously worth more to the pirates alive. No use in trying to get a ransom with dead bodies.

Think harder.

They got killed after negotiations with the FBI went sour and US forces killed 2 of them and captured the rest of them.
Quit trying to put the blame on their beliefs...

They were trying to find homes for bibles which had been donated to them,they weren't forcing anything on anyone and they weren't even in Somali waters,The capture was off the coast of Oman,some 1300 miles from Somalia.

indifferent.gif

Do you know how poor somalia is? No-one there has ambitions to be a pirate. Unlike 2pac who had ambitions to be a rydah.

And they gain food/money to feed themselves/famibly. The horn of Africa is pretty much a free zone. It is some of the most dangerous waters in the world and these people knew that before going in.

You act as if you can just somehow bypass Somali waters. If you're trying to get to the mediteranean/red sea,you're going to have to sail through Somali waters. That's why there are soo many ships being hijacked. You can't just sail around that area to get by.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ you for trying to justify murder by saying that it's a "free zone" and "oh they shouldn't have been there".
I believe one of the hostages managed to get ahold of one of the weapons and there was a struggle. Supposedly, the soldiers found two dead pirates on the boat that weren't killed by the soldiers.
The hostages are obviously worth more to the pirates alive. No use in trying to get a ransom with dead bodies.

Think harder.

They got killed after negotiations with the FBI went sour and US forces killed 2 of them and captured the rest of them.

They were trying to find homes for bibles which had been donated to them,they weren't forcing anything on anyone and they weren't even in Somali waters,The capture was off the coast of Oman,some 1300 miles from Somalia.

indifferent.gif

But my dude,what did they gain from killing these people huh? It's not like this was a huge oil or cargo tanker that they hijacked. These people were just entertaining their passion by sailing around the world.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 They didn't want to kill them. The were there meal ticket. The hostages KILLED two of my brothers btw. So of course $$*@ hit the fan. And yes there's plenty of ways to avoid the horn of africa.
YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE, WHO GAVE THEM RIGHT TO PASS DOWN RELIGION ON ANYBODY ELSE.

JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS WHEN CHRISTIANS WERE TRYING TO CONVERT INDIANS AND THEY ATE THEY !*%+%. 

KEEPING IT REAL WENT WRONG 
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

But my dude,what did they gain from killing these people huh? It's not like this was a huge oil or cargo tanker that they hijacked. These people were just entertaining their passion by sailing around the world.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 They didn't want to kill them. The were there meal ticket. The hostages KILLED two of my brothers btw. So of course $$*@ hit the fan. And yes there's plenty of ways to avoid the horn of africa.
YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE, WHO GAVE THEM RIGHT TO PASS DOWN RELIGION ON ANYBODY ELSE.

JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS WHEN CHRISTIANS WERE TRYING TO CONVERT INDIANS AND THEY ATE THEY !*%+%. 

grin.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Think harder.

Nobody right now really knows how the hostages died. We do know that the Navy killed two of the pirates and found another two that were already dead, either from a struggle with the hostages or due to some internal dispute between the pirates themselves.
Quit trying to blame it on their beliefs? You can't be serious. These people were obviously delusional and incredibly arrogant to think they could freely sail into the Horn of Africa. "Trying to find homes for bibles" are you kidding me? They were CLEARLY trying to evangelize in a part of the world where their beliefs are not shared. The dominant religion in that area is Islam and they were arrogant enough to think they could just sail in with their white Jesus and everything would be peachy. Oman is a stone's throw away from Somalia. We're talking the Horn of Africa, the pirates don't just patrol off the coast.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Think harder.

Nobody right now really knows how the hostages died. We do know that the Navy killed two of the pirates and found another two that were already dead, either from a struggle with the hostages or due to some internal dispute between the pirates themselves.
Quit trying to blame it on their beliefs? You can't be serious. These people were obviously delusional and incredibly arrogant to think they could freely sail into the Horn of Africa. "Trying to find homes for bibles" are you kidding me? They were CLEARLY trying to evangelize in a part of the world where their beliefs are not shared. The dominant religion in that area is Islam and they were arrogant enough to think they could just sail in with their white Jesus and everything would be peachy. Oman is a stone's throw away from Somalia. We're talking the Horn of Africa, the pirates don't just patrol off the coast.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif

What could they have gotten from those hostages? They didn't hijack a huge cargo ship or anything that would be worth anything. They hijacked some tourists on a tour around the world.What would YOU have done in that situation? Would you have waited around to see if you were going to die or not or would you have tried something desperate one last time? I don't think these dudes would've given a #@!@ if you were their "brother" or not. No one has the right to choose when it's someones time to die imo but I understand why the hostages did what they did.
Read my reply to Boyznoise to know the reason behind the bibles. They weren't forcing anything on anyone.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ believing that they deserved to die,not even the pirates deserved to die imo

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif

What could they have gotten from those hostages? They didn't hijack a huge cargo ship or anything that would be worth anything. They hijacked some tourists on a tour around the world.What would YOU have done in that situation? Would you have waited around to see if you were going to die or not or would you have tried something desperate one last time? I don't think these dudes would've given a #@!@ if you were their "brother" or not. No one has the right to choose when it's someones time to die imo but I understand why the hostages did what they did.
Read my reply to Boyznoise to know the reason behind the bibles. They weren't forcing anything on anyone.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ believing that they deserved to die,not even the pirates deserved to die imo

again can anyone inform me why they become pirates and what they gain out of it?

The BBC did a report on this last year.  According to the Somali's when ships/vessels travel threw that part of the waters they somehow interfere with the Somali's being able to catch fish to feed their families and they also can't catch fish to sell at the local markets.  It basically destroys their economy. 

They could have gotten the ransom money like they intended genius.

And yes the obviously were. Most of the countries down there including Somalia, and Oman are Islamic states. To even come close to those countries with bibles is blasphemy.

Yes they deserved to die. Why couldn't they just stay their peachy %@@ in the USA
And I wouldn't be in that situation. I'm a pirate too. Id probably be with them

grin.gif
eyes.gif
they deserve to die for passing out some bibles?
granted i think what they did was stupid but they didn't deserve to die for it.

They could have gotten the ransom money like they intended genius.

And yes the obviously were. Most of the countries down there including Somalia, and Oman are Islamic states. To even come close to those countries with bibles is blasphemy.

Yes they deserved to die. Why couldn't they just stay their peachy %@@ in the USA
And I wouldn't be in that situation. I'm a pirate too. Id probably be with them

again can anyone inform me why they become pirates and what they gain out of it?

The BBC did a report on this last year.  According to the Somali's when ships/vessels travel threw that part of the waters they somehow interfere with the Somali's being able to catch fish to feed their families and they also can't catch fish to sell at the local markets.  It basically destroys their economy. 

grin.gif
eyes.gif
they deserve to die for passing out some bibles?
granted i think what they did was stupid but they didn't deserve to die for it.

Yes they deserve to die for passing out bibles. I hate christians and they way they try and push their religion on everyone.

Some people really don't care for your beliefs, but the bible had nothing to do with it.

Its the fact that they were in the waters in the first place why they were kidnapped.

Yes they deserve to die for passing out bibles. I hate christians and they way they try and push their religion on everyone.

Some people really don't care for your beliefs, but the bible had nothing to do with it.

Its the fact that they were in the waters in the first place why they were kidnapped.

Back
Top Bottom