Somali Pirates execute 4 Americans

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Who the +%+# grows up to be a pirate nowadays?

Excuse my ignorance but what do these 'pirates' gain out of this?
Who the +%+# grows up to be a gangmember?

Damn my dude, you an ex-pirate or something? 
Soundin real salty.. again can anyone inform me why they become pirates and what they gain out of it? Im sure there are more than just the Somali ones that have been in the news the past year or two. I really dont know much about it all.

Soundin real salty.. again can anyone inform me why they become pirates and what they gain out of it? Im sure there are more than just the Somali ones that have been in the news the past year or two. I really dont know much about it all.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Hey Fox News, why were the Americans there in the first place?
To pass out bibles. 

If I was poor, no education, and an AK-47 I probably would have done the same thing if that's the case....
x2. This doesn't surprise me at all. It's like when people go to the hood and wonder why they were robbed or assaulted. They're certain places some don't belong in..this is the perfect example of that.
Word. You see things differently when you spend half your life in East Africa.
indifferent.gif
at the people thinking these pirates are evil and all that.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Hey Fox News, why were the Americans there in the first place?
To pass out bibles. 

If I was poor, no education, and an AK-47 I probably would have done the same thing if that's the case....
x2. This doesn't surprise me at all. It's like when people go to the hood and wonder why they were robbed or assaulted. They're certain places some don't belong in..this is the perfect example of that.
Word. You see things differently when you spend half your life in East Africa.
indifferent.gif
at the people thinking these pirates are evil and all that.

indifferent.gif

Do you know how poor somalia is? No-one there has ambitions to be a pirate. Unlike 2pac who had ambitions to be a rydah.

And they gain food/money to feed themselves/famibly. The horn of Africa is pretty much a free zone. It is some of the most dangerous waters in the world and these people knew that before going in.

The got what they deserved.

indifferent.gif

Do you know how poor somalia is? No-one there has ambitions to be a pirate. Unlike 2pac who had ambitions to be a rydah.

And they gain food/money to feed themselves/famibly. The horn of Africa is pretty much a free zone. It is some of the most dangerous waters in the world and these people knew that before going in.

Poverty.
If one has no money and no legitimate means to make money, one turns to illegitimate means in order to make a living. You are not going to starve yourself or your family because you can't find a job. Piracy in Somalia is a lucrative, albeit immensely risky and dangerous, way to make money in a place where there is rampant poverty.

Poverty.
If one has no money and no legitimate means to make money, one turns to illegitimate means in order to make a living. You are not going to starve yourself or your family because you can't find a job. Piracy in Somalia is a lucrative, albeit immensely risky and dangerous, way to make money in a place where there is rampant poverty.

Originally Posted by SuperPirate

indifferent.gif

But my dude,what did they gain from killing these people huh? It's not like this was a huge oil or cargo tanker that they hijacked. These people were just entertaining their passion by sailing around the world.
You act as if you can just somehow bypass Somali waters. If you're trying to get to the mediteranean/red sea,you're going to have to sail through Somali waters. That's why there are soo many ships being hijacked. You can't just sail around that area to get by.

These people didn't deserve to die under any circumstance 
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ you for trying to justify murder by saying that it's a "free zone" and "oh they shouldn't have been there".

I'll say this, you don't knowingly sail into the Horn of Africa bearing Bibles thinking things are going to be all good unless you're incredibly delusional.

I'll say this, you don't knowingly sail into the Horn of Africa bearing Bibles thinking things are going to be all good unless you're incredibly delusional.

indifferent.gif

But my dude,what did they gain from killing these people huh? It's not like this was a huge oil or cargo tanker that they hijacked. These people were just entertaining their passion by sailing around the world.
You act as if you can just somehow bypass Somali waters. If you're trying to get to the mediteranean/red sea,you're going to have to sail through Somali waters. That's why there are soo many ships being hijacked. You can't just sail around that area to get by.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ you for trying to justify murder by saying that it's a "free zone" and "oh they shouldn't have been there".

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

indifferent.gif

But my dude,what did they gain from killing these people huh?

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I believe one of the hostages managed to get ahold of one of the weapons and there was a struggle. Supposedly, the soldiers found two dead pirates on the boat that weren't killed by the soldiers.
The hostages are obviously worth more to the pirates alive. No use in trying to get a ransom with dead bodies.

Think harder.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

indifferent.gif

But my dude,what did they gain from killing these people huh?

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I believe one of the hostages managed to get ahold of one of the weapons and there was a struggle. Supposedly, the soldiers found two dead pirates on the boat that weren't killed by the soldiers.
The hostages are obviously worth more to the pirates alive. No use in trying to get a ransom with dead bodies.

Think harder.

Back
Top Bottom