Somali Pirates execute 4 Americans

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Some of you guys might have the wrong idea of modern piracy
laugh.gif
This isn't your old, walk the plank type piracy. These guys are hijacking ships and taking hostages for RANSOMS. It's in their best interest to keep their captives ALIVE. Obviously something went wrong.

Piracy is not unlike any other illegitimate method of trying to make money when times are tough. If you dig a little deeper, you'll realize that fishing was once a means of making a living in parts of Somalia but, due to overfishing in the surrounding waters by large, foreign fishing vessels, fishing is no longer viable. A lot of these pirates were once fisherman.

What do you do when the only thing you know and your means of making a living are taken from you?
I'm quoting myself.

Some of you guys might have the wrong idea of modern piracy
laugh.gif
This isn't your old, walk the plank type piracy. These guys are hijacking ships and taking hostages for RANSOMS. It's in their best interest to keep their captives ALIVE. Obviously something went wrong.

Piracy is not unlike any other illegitimate method of trying to make money when times are tough. If you dig a little deeper, you'll realize that fishing was once a means of making a living in parts of Somalia but, due to overfishing in the surrounding waters by large, foreign fishing vessels, fishing is no longer viable. A lot of these pirates were once fisherman.

What do you do when the only thing you know and your means of making a living are taken from you?
I'm quoting myself.

SuperPirate wrote:
Yes they deserve to die for passing out bibles. I hate christians and they way they try and push their religion on everyone.

Some people really don't care for your beliefs, but the bible had nothing to do with it.

Its the fact that they were in the waters in the first place why they were kidnapped.

indifferent.gif
.no reasoning with you....
Damn shame too
30t6p3b.gif
 Whatever 
ohwell.gif

And don't go putting the rare religious nuts in a group with all Christians. The majority of us aren't like that and we respect other beliefs. I don't "hate" all Muslims just because of the actions of some groups of extremists because I know that that is just a minority and most Muslims aren't like that at all. I would know since I used a @+*# load of Muslim friends and still do.

*So we even got pirate NTers now huh?  
laugh.gif

SuperPirate wrote:
Yes they deserve to die for passing out bibles. I hate christians and they way they try and push their religion on everyone.

Some people really don't care for your beliefs, but the bible had nothing to do with it.

Its the fact that they were in the waters in the first place why they were kidnapped.

indifferent.gif
.no reasoning with you....
Damn shame too
30t6p3b.gif
 Whatever 
ohwell.gif

And don't go putting the rare religious nuts in a group with all Christians. The majority of us aren't like that and we respect other beliefs. I don't "hate" all Muslims just because of the actions of some groups of extremists because I know that that is just a minority and most Muslims aren't like that at all. I would know since I used a @+*# load of Muslim friends and still do.

*So we even got pirate NTers now huh?  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperPirate

Pay attention  people. This is the deep down sentiment of a lot of people nowadays and I'm sure here on Niketalk itself they're people who feel this same way.

Amazing. These same people preach AGAINST hate.

They deserve to die for passing out some damn books though?

Pay attention  people. This is the deep down sentiment of a lot of people nowadays and I'm sure here on Niketalk itself they're people who feel this same way.

did my informative speech on Somalian pirates a year ago
pimp.gif

they pretty much hold hostage people and get the shipping company to dish out a couple hundred thousand,,,,no one really gets harmed.

remember reading they demand absurd amounts of money (8-9 million) and bring it down to 200 300 thou.

did my informative speech on Somalian pirates a year ago
pimp.gif

they pretty much hold hostage people and get the shipping company to dish out a couple hundred thousand,,,,no one really gets harmed.

remember reading they demand absurd amounts of money (8-9 million) and bring it down to 200 300 thou.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

His opinion. Let's not get carried away (although you'd probably love to play the victim here)

The facts.

edit: and "some damn books" 
laugh.gif
 the irony is killing me

His opinion. Let's not get carried away (although you'd probably love to play the victim here)

The facts.

laugh.gif
 the irony is killing me

The facts.

laugh.gif
 the irony is killing me

Victim? Victim with who. I don't care about what anyone here thinks anyway. So who would I be trying to get sympathy from exactly?

I know its HIS opinion, but I'm making a point at how vicious some of these people on here TRULY are.

I said "some damn books" to show that he said they deserved to die for passing out bibles. A book. They died because of they were in foreign waters, passing out bibles.

The facts.

laugh.gif
 the irony is killing me

Victim? Victim with who. I don't care about what anyone here thinks anyway. So who would I be trying to get sympathy from exactly?

I know its HIS opinion, but I'm making a point at how vicious some of these people on here TRULY are.

I said "some damn books" to show that he said they deserved to die for passing out bibles. A book. They died because of they were in foreign waters, passing out bibles.

They were obviously risking their life for that damn book from the jump. Sail around the world to pass out bibles? For free?

Nah homie, they knew the risk from the jump.
I dont hate them, I hate they way the try and force beliefs. hell i grew up christian. ethiopian orthodox (rasta) then seventh day adventist

the orthodox was  
pimp.gif
 tho

They were obviously risking their life for that damn book from the jump. Sail around the world to pass out bibles? For free?

I dont hate them, I hate they way the try and force beliefs. hell i grew up christian. ethiopian orthodox (rasta) then seventh day adventist

the orthodox was  
pimp.gif
 tho

Son,could you read up on the story before you comment on it?
They were sailing around the world because sailing was their passion. They spent more time sailing then at home. 

Even if they were missionaries (which they're not) they still didn't deserve to die no matter what they were doing and I find it messed up disturbing thinking that anyone deserves to die for something so trivial.

Son,could you read up on the story before you comment on it?
They were sailing around the world because sailing was their passion. They spent more time sailing then at home. 

Even if they were missionaries (which they're not) they still didn't deserve to die no matter what they were doing and I find it messed up disturbing thinking that anyone deserves to die for something so trivial.

The facts.

laugh.gif
 the irony is killing me
LOL @ you trying to justify what he said.
Sure it's an "opinion".

It's also a completely immoral, callous and borderline psychotic opinion.

You can argue that they walked into it, that they're stupid for doing it, and that they should have known better than to try to pull that +++% in that area of the world, but to say they deserved to die? 

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom