Someone please explain to me why the Final Four is such a big deal?

Its not the Final Four game that gets all the attention but making it TO the Final Four because from there you're one win away from the title game.
its the biggest stage of college basketball.

The goal of the Final Four includes the championship too even if its not explicitly stated.

I can see what OP means. All the adverstising and recognition goes into the Final Four and the Championship game itself has less of an emphasis.

Team goals are directed at getting to the Final Four for 90% of the programs out there. Let's just get to the Final Four and see what happens from there seems to be the menatlity. It's also nice to tell recruits about making the Final Four this year and that, even if a Nat'l Championship wasn't won. It assures a program that Final Four endorsement.

I can see what OP means. All the adverstising and recognition goes into the Final Four and the Championship game itself has less of an emphasis.

Team goals are directed at getting to the Final Four for 90% of the programs out there. Let's just get to the Final Four and see what happens from there seems to be the menatlity. It's also nice to tell recruits about making the Final Four this year and that, even if a Nat'l Championship wasn't won. It assures a program that Final Four endorsement.

I get what you're saying.

I mean, what other sport or league puts so much emphasis on teams getting to a semi final? Even if you bring up the bracket format, there's plenty of sports who use tourneys to determine the champion that doesn't put any emphasis on the final four competitors or teams.

It's great marketing thats for sure.

I get what you're saying.

I mean, what other sport or league puts so much emphasis on teams getting to a semi final? Even if you bring up the bracket format, there's plenty of sports who use tourneys to determine the champion that doesn't put any emphasis on the final four competitors or teams.

It's great marketing thats for sure.

Never cared for college basketball. The format and certain rules make it hard to watch imo.

I don't get what the fuss about with the final 4 either but I guess it's cuz of the platform to showcase draft picks.  I do enjoy Vitale's enthusiasm.

Never cared for college basketball. The format and certain rules make it hard to watch imo.

I don't get what the fuss about with the final 4 either but I guess it's cuz of the platform to showcase draft picks.  I do enjoy Vitale's enthusiasm.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I mean, you'd think that the national championship game is THE ultimate goal for a team, but it seems like most colleges focus on just making it to the Final Four. What's the big deal? 
the championship IS the top goal for most of these big programs.buy with the catchy names such as sweet 16, elite 8 and of course final 4. there is a bigger emphasis put on each stage, at least by the media there is..  sounds way better than saying "yeah the usc trojans have reached the semi finals 6 years in a row"

I mean, you'd think that the national championship game is THE ultimate goal for a team, but it seems like most colleges focus on just making it to the Final Four. What's the big deal? 
the championship IS the top goal for most of these big programs.buy with the catchy names such as sweet 16, elite 8 and of course final 4. there is a bigger emphasis put on each stage, at least by the media there is..  sounds way better than saying "yeah the usc trojans have reached the semi finals 6 years in a row"

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Exposure to NBA scouts, media advertisement, making names for yourself, etc. It would be nice to win the national chip but the main goals is to make yourself look good on the big stages so your draft value increase
laugh.gif

Exposure to NBA scouts, media advertisement, making names for yourself, etc. It would be nice to win the national chip but the main goals is to make yourself look good on the big stages so your draft value increase
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom