Someone please explain to me why the Final Four is such a big deal?

Originally Posted by Caerus

Never understood how a thread has over 1,000 post and the team is under 500% though...

under 500% huh? ill let u think about that for a sec......

hint: 100% is winning EVERY GAME!!

Originally Posted by Caerus

Never understood how a thread has over 1,000 post and the team is under 500% though...

under 500% huh? ill let u think about that for a sec......

hint: 100% is winning EVERY GAME!!

NCAA Tournament> NBA Playoffs. It's unpredictable, and the players play with much more passion and excitement; a lot of players are faced with possibly playing their last competitive game in their career (as they won't go pro anywhere), when they put their emotions on their sleeve it isn't some NBA $+%$%$$!.

Making the Final Four is a big deal; surviving that many rounds in such a competitive tournament and being one of the last four standing is an incredible accomplishment.

NCAA Tournament> NBA Playoffs. It's unpredictable, and the players play with much more passion and excitement; a lot of players are faced with possibly playing their last competitive game in their career (as they won't go pro anywhere), when they put their emotions on their sleeve it isn't some NBA $+%$%$$!.

Making the Final Four is a big deal; surviving that many rounds in such a competitive tournament and being one of the last four standing is an incredible accomplishment.

Originally Posted by acidicality

It's also the mentality of an underachiever.

Champions should want to be the last one standing, not one of four.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Say that to a team like George Mason...I'm sure they don't feel they underachieved.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Say that to a team like George Mason...I'm sure they don't feel they underachieved.

Originally Posted by bilbo07

you win your bracket. its like winning your confrence in a pro sport.
sick.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

I also agree with op it makes no sense.I guess its the way each team can say we are the last 4 standing.the favoritism on cirtain teams by officials is disgusting tho in college ball

I also agree with op it makes no sense.I guess its the way each team can say we are the last 4 standing.the favoritism on cirtain teams by officials is disgusting tho in college ball

It's b/c "The Final 4" is a nice little marketing catchphrase, combined with fact that the arena where it takes place is also the location of the championship game so in essence, the championship begins when the Final 4 begins

It's b/c "The Final 4" is a nice little marketing catchphrase, combined with fact that the arena where it takes place is also the location of the championship game so in essence, the championship begins when the Final 4 begins

It's because the NCAA tournament is broken down by weekends and the Final 4 is the last weekend of it all and it's easier to market that way.

If they had the semifinal round separate from the National Championship and made them a week apart then I guarantee that the NC game would get marketed more. It's just easier to group everything as one and brand it as one event, especially since the semi's and the final happen two days apart.

It's because the NCAA tournament is broken down by weekends and the Final 4 is the last weekend of it all and it's easier to market that way.

If they had the semifinal round separate from the National Championship and made them a week apart then I guarantee that the NC game would get marketed more. It's just easier to group everything as one and brand it as one event, especially since the semi's and the final happen two days apart.

The NCAA tournament is almost random, not quite random but almost, thats way it takes a truly sick and depraved people to bet on the tournament. Way to dangerous, me? I just stick to heroin, saves money that way.

The NCAA tournament is almost random, not quite random but almost, thats way it takes a truly sick and depraved people to bet on the tournament. Way to dangerous, me? I just stick to heroin, saves money that way.

Cash money! And also, there are more underdog stories that make it to the Final Four than the National Championship, so it makes for more attractive/dramatic TV.

Cash money! And also, there are more underdog stories that make it to the Final Four than the National Championship, so it makes for more attractive/dramatic TV.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I honestly don't know why people make a big deal about the Final Four. Jeez, you guys are being some serious D-bag's. Excuse me for not being as informed as you guys.  
eyes.gif
Because being the Final 4 left out of over 100+ D1 teams is pretty impressive.

Also, its the Final 4 weekend which includes the Final 4 games and the Championship game...Its the biggest weekend in college basketball period.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I honestly don't know why people make a big deal about the Final Four. Jeez, you guys are being some serious D-bag's. Excuse me for not being as informed as you guys.  
eyes.gif
Because being the Final 4 left out of over 100+ D1 teams is pretty impressive.

Also, its the Final 4 weekend which includes the Final 4 games and the Championship game...Its the biggest weekend in college basketball period.

Back
Top Bottom