Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Kobe wouldn't go on National TV and embarrass LA like that

LeBron is most hated...only by me because he could have been the GREATEST but since he has no patience, he opted to be history's next Scottie Pippen...riding Wade's coat tails

I understand u want a better shot, but Bulls had a better team for u with more money to spend on bench players, Miami is the ultimate cop out plan

It'd been understandable if LBJ was like 32...but he's only 25

Kobe wouldn't go on National TV and embarrass LA like that

LeBron is most hated...only by me because he could have been the GREATEST but since he has no patience, he opted to be history's next Scottie Pippen...riding Wade's coat tails

I understand u want a better shot, but Bulls had a better team for u with more money to spend on bench players, Miami is the ultimate cop out plan

It'd been understandable if LBJ was like 32...but he's only 25

CLEVELAND (AP)—Angered and betrayed by LeBron James’(notes) decision to leave for Miami, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert accused the NBA’s MVP of quitting during the playoffs.

Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team’s website shortly after James announced his plans to sign with the Heat, told The Associated Press late Thursday night that it’s “accountability time

CLEVELAND (AP)—Angered and betrayed by LeBron James’(notes) decision to leave for Miami, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert accused the NBA’s MVP of quitting during the playoffs.

Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team’s website shortly after James announced his plans to sign with the Heat, told The Associated Press late Thursday night that it’s “accountability time

Originally Posted by qwerty330

im pretty sure people were hating on KG for going to the celtics...but KG's wasn't as bad because he was getting old. Lebron, wade, bosh are all 25.

This dude is ring chasing like he's at the twilight of his career. I just don't get it.
laugh.gif

Well...I do. He wants rings. But...it's a wrap for his legacy. I don't care what you say. No more comparisons to Jordan or Kobe or whomever. They didn't go to such drastic measures to win. Yes...Kobe got caught making some sly remarks and demanding a trade but damn near every great player has taken that route...just most more gracefully.

I don't recall any reigning MVP bouncing his team to join 2 perennial All-Stars and #1 options...all within their prime. No excuses at this point.

Originally Posted by qwerty330

im pretty sure people were hating on KG for going to the celtics...but KG's wasn't as bad because he was getting old. Lebron, wade, bosh are all 25.

This dude is ring chasing like he's at the twilight of his career. I just don't get it.
laugh.gif

Well...I do. He wants rings. But...it's a wrap for his legacy. I don't care what you say. No more comparisons to Jordan or Kobe or whomever. They didn't go to such drastic measures to win. Yes...Kobe got caught making some sly remarks and demanding a trade but damn near every great player has taken that route...just most more gracefully.

I don't recall any reigning MVP bouncing his team to join 2 perennial All-Stars and #1 options...all within their prime. No excuses at this point.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

I don't understand why everyone is mad. Dude gave 7 years to win a chip and all they do is hand out crazy contracts to bench players, stuck with a coach that couldn't make simple adjustments in the playoffs. Keep it real anybody in their right mind would have played Hickson more minutes especially with is regular season play. We always complain about how athletes go for the money and not for the wins. Well why is this any different, we actually have a superstar athlete, willing to share the stage, take less money, in order to win. Cavs had the opportunity to keep him, but i believed they banked on Lebron's love for his hometown too much and not help his career and winning. If I hated Lebron i still would have to respect this decision because he did it for the right reasons, not an emotional decision, to put himself in the best scenario to win multiple rings, even if it meant sharing the stage and taking less money. Says a lot about his ego and how it doesn't have to be all about him and do it by himself.
THIS.  It was really a lose-lose-lose situation  for  him. Go to NY and he'd  be seen  as  an egotistical  a-hole  to  everyone  except  Knicks  fan.  Stay in  Cleveland  and  people  would  think   he  gave  up   his   shot a   title  because Ohio   made  him  feel  guilty  and   bring  up how he shouldve followed KGs advice.  In Miami,  he is going to another man's  team,  taking his role, taking a pay cut  to   play  for a championship  team.  People are actually  saying  things like"its the easy route",   who wants to be at a disadvantage?
Why people hate him? It's because he's joining 2 other superstars. Who does that? Isn't the NBA supposed to be the best against the best? Like are you #+%*%!$ kidding me? Barring injuries Miami is going to run through everyone.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

I don't understand why everyone is mad. Dude gave 7 years to win a chip and all they do is hand out crazy contracts to bench players, stuck with a coach that couldn't make simple adjustments in the playoffs. Keep it real anybody in their right mind would have played Hickson more minutes especially with is regular season play. We always complain about how athletes go for the money and not for the wins. Well why is this any different, we actually have a superstar athlete, willing to share the stage, take less money, in order to win. Cavs had the opportunity to keep him, but i believed they banked on Lebron's love for his hometown too much and not help his career and winning. If I hated Lebron i still would have to respect this decision because he did it for the right reasons, not an emotional decision, to put himself in the best scenario to win multiple rings, even if it meant sharing the stage and taking less money. Says a lot about his ego and how it doesn't have to be all about him and do it by himself.
THIS.  It was really a lose-lose-lose situation  for  him. Go to NY and he'd  be seen  as  an egotistical  a-hole  to  everyone  except  Knicks  fan.  Stay in  Cleveland  and  people  would  think   he  gave  up   his   shot a   title  because Ohio   made  him  feel  guilty  and   bring  up how he shouldve followed KGs advice.  In Miami,  he is going to another man's  team,  taking his role, taking a pay cut  to   play  for a championship  team.  People are actually  saying  things like"its the easy route",   who wants to be at a disadvantage?
Why people hate him? It's because he's joining 2 other superstars. Who does that? Isn't the NBA supposed to be the best against the best? Like are you #+%*%!$ kidding me? Barring injuries Miami is going to run through everyone.

I am definitely not hating him for this. Didn't think he'd go to MIA, but it does look like a good situation to win. And well, he wants to win. People were hating on him because of all the special treatment and exposure he got even though he couldn't win a chip, but to be fair it wasn't all his fault. Now he wants to win and he puts himself in a position to do that, although IMO it seems like a weird position in the sense that he will have to share the team with Wade (who's team it's been and might still be) and Bosh.

So to sum it up, I don't see why people should hate (although I'd understand it if you were from or cheer for CLE and maybe NYK). He said he wants to win and he put his money where his mouth is. Most people say they want to win and then just go for the money. Lebron puts himself in a precarious position having to share the team, but most likely the best position to win.

I am definitely not hating him for this. Didn't think he'd go to MIA, but it does look like a good situation to win. And well, he wants to win. People were hating on him because of all the special treatment and exposure he got even though he couldn't win a chip, but to be fair it wasn't all his fault. Now he wants to win and he puts himself in a position to do that, although IMO it seems like a weird position in the sense that he will have to share the team with Wade (who's team it's been and might still be) and Bosh.

So to sum it up, I don't see why people should hate (although I'd understand it if you were from or cheer for CLE and maybe NYK). He said he wants to win and he put his money where his mouth is. Most people say they want to win and then just go for the money. Lebron puts himself in a precarious position having to share the team, but most likely the best position to win.

they only people i see hatin on lebron are cavs, knicks, and some lakers fans.

Lebron is not even the most hated American athlete, right now he might be, but my dude Landon is the most hated
pimp.gif

ask all the mexican's what they think of my dude
pimp.gif

and the rest of central america.

they only people i see hatin on lebron are cavs, knicks, and some lakers fans.

Lebron is not even the most hated American athlete, right now he might be, but my dude Landon is the most hated
pimp.gif

ask all the mexican's what they think of my dude
pimp.gif

and the rest of central america.

I don't hate him for leaving Cleveland. I hate him for choosing to join D Wade but I can't blame him. That team will be built to win for a damn long time. They WILL be able to add to that group and guys will end up looking much better playing with this big 3.

Let's not forget, Kobe's matured a lot in recent years. Mellowed out a lot. A much better teammate. And winning back-to-back titles has helped erased what happened in Colorado.

I don't hate him for leaving Cleveland. I hate him for choosing to join D Wade but I can't blame him. That team will be built to win for a damn long time. They WILL be able to add to that group and guys will end up looking much better playing with this big 3.

Let's not forget, Kobe's matured a lot in recent years. Mellowed out a lot. A much better teammate. And winning back-to-back titles has helped erased what happened in Colorado.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by abutta13

Kobe's hated for most of the right reasons though

Lebron's just a #%!*+@#%@

yea i know,  being the REAL best player, most clutch player, and hard working player in the league brings hate.

being a corporate media creation since your junior year of high school and being labeled a self proclaimed, "King" brings numerous fanboys who will suck the corn outta your butthole if given the chance.

Lebron James will never be Kobe Bryant

laugh.gif
   @ Mr. Game 7 Ghost being the most clutch.

yea i know,  being the REAL best player, most clutch player, and hard working player in the league brings hate.

being a corporate media creation since your junior year of high school and being labeled a self proclaimed, "King" brings numerous fanboys who will suck the corn outta your butthole if given the chance.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

laugh.gif
so 1 game is going to disregard an entire career of clutch big game shots and clutch big game defense.

get the hell outta here with that flawed logic

laugh.gif
so 1 game is going to disregard an entire career of clutch big game shots and clutch big game defense.

laugh.gif

Biggest game in his career was probably his WORST.  He's definitely regular season clutch just like Mo Williams is a top regular season point guard.

Back
Top Bottom